As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar] "We Have the Best Shit" Open Beta now Live!

1939495969799»

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Since I've held off on reading a lot of back story, do they explain what -race- the emperor is? He surely isn't one of the four playable Dominion races. He looks like a space elf, (go Eldar!) so maybe he's secretly an Eldan?

Isn't he human with an Eldan lineage?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Beezel wrote: »
    He's a Luminai, A human/Eldan hybrid and descendant of Dominus the Half-Blood who was the son of Tresayn Toria; A Cassian swordmaiden of immeasurable skill

I think it would've been awesome if he had secretly been a Mordesh who avoided the zombie plague.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    You see a few Luminai while questing. Basically you have: Emperor, other Luminai, Highborn Cassians, Lowborn Cassians as the social ladder for the Dominion.

Mechari doing sneaky things behind the scenes, Draken kill shit, and everyone stays the fuck away from Chua.

YL9WnCY.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Bijiplates has a threat loss indicator as well as doing the sensible thing and separating health and shield into two separate stacked bars.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Gentlemen and ladies, we have hit page 99!

Thanks on the info about the Luminai, that's pretty awesome lore right there.

So yeah, I'm gonna Ironman the headstart at least a little bit, though I do want to take the time to read and explore at a brisk pace instead of what I've seen in WoW days of just rush, rush, rush, hey, I'm at level cap in a week.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Will hybrid LASes be a thing, like someone plays mostly DPS but fits a few heals on there too for emergencies and extra support?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    should I bother waiting until 100 or should I just strike up a new thread now?

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    So, I played this a few days over the weekend. While I can tell they put a lot of work into it, I can't help but kinda feel 'meh' about the game.

A few observations.
    It's using basically the same mechanics as SWG for combat but giving it a childish level of simplicity with the 'dont stand in the square when it fills up' mechanic.

Step into Stormtalon's Lair for the first time, then come back and tell me it's as simple as "don't stand in the square when it fills up".

It's like saying all you have to do in the NFL to score a touchdown is pick up the ball and run past 11 other men.

How hard can that be, right?

Beezel wrote: »
    should I bother waiting until 100 or should I just strike up a new thread now?
    Whatever works for you.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I'm rushing till at least 20 as I have seen it all a bunch of times.

Then I figure I'll start heavy questing, crafting, and getting solid gear.

Influence btw is only received while in a group. So we might want to quest in small groups after the guild is made and make sure to do a lot of adventures at 15 and dungeons at 20. Till we get at least 1 bank tab.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I know one thing. I'm gonna be a crafting mad man. I'm gonna make all the medium armors and cookings. And when I max out Outfitter. I'll probably max another one like Technologist.

So I a question about Survivalist. You get the saw and can cut down trees. But if you're an Outfitter you don't really use the wood resource. And it says survivalists "skin" beasts. But you get skins even if you aren't a Survivalist, there's no skinning tool, and it seems like you simply start getting Survivalist xp just from killing beasts as well as cuttin' down trees. Seems like a really weird gathering skill compared the more straight forward mining or relic hunting.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Will hybrid LASes be a thing, like someone plays mostly DPS but fits a few heals on there too for emergencies and extra support?

Well there are talent sections specifically made for hybrid builds so... I hope so!

DemonStacey on
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I'm rushing till at least 20 as I have seen it all a bunch of times.

Then I figure I'll start heavy questing, crafting, and getting solid gear.

Influence btw is only received while in a group. So we might want to quest in small groups after the guild is made and make sure to do a lot of adventures at 15 and dungeons at 20. Till we get at least 1 bank tab.

Well, since my wife is probably not gonna go crazy with me that night (if I had to guess until I talk to her), I suppose I could be down for that. I have done what I expect is nearly all the quests in Ellevar. It's not like it's incredibly tough to read quick, I think most of my wasted time was just from wandering around aimlessly, or trying to do quests that were broken (stupid relic in the water!).

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular

Um.

It seems foolish not to.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular

That's what NotriousBEN and I would do for almost all of our dungeon/adventure runs when Raz was healing. We would both have Mind over Body and Phantasmal Armor/Bolster/Catharsis to relieve some pressure/take care of ourselves so Raz could focus on the tank. Whether this works at the higher level dungeons/adventures or in vet difficulty someone else would have to tell you, but at the lower levels it is seemed rather ideal.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/189815/wildstar-the-day-draws-closer-cupcake?new=1

This is the new thread. Go post in it. Reply there with Whoever is making the exile guild (Is it still @UncleSporky ?) so I can have that info for later usage

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Um.

It seems foolish not to.

I think that's a lot of the strength of the healing classes that build DPS. I really don't need my entire bar filled with pure damage with the rotation I had. With my medic I was running the healing drones cause they were fire and forget. No reason not to help a bit for the cost of one easy cool down.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular

that's my standard MO right there. I took care of fights when Ravenna went down in our kel voreth run on Saturday.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    This thread as been concluded. I thank you for your participation.

Now get out.
    nV6CNq7.png

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.