As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moments of the Week 09/19/07

KVWKVW Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Graphic Violence
Wow. Just read Captain America 30. Shit is hitting the fan.
Baby Cap on the way. Cap's letter revealed to be basically what everyone expected. Dont let Cap legacy die. America needs it still. Look after Bucky. Dont let him become a monster again. Nice to see Cap still considers Tony his friend to send him a letter like that. Sharon is still messed up and took out Sam and Natasha. Probably one of the best issues of Bru's incredible run in my opinion. Ill upload some scans in a bit.

Lil' Cap on the way:

ca30dcp0019dv5.jpg

Iron Man is the only hero not taken out so far. Based on preview covers, looks like Bucky is brainwashed into fighting Tony. About time someone will be using Tony as a good guy. Sharon is gonna be one fucked up girl by teh end of Bru's run. Unless Cap comes back to life and tells her its alright, that girl is gonna end up with suicide or in a mental ward imo.

ca30dcp0032kc1.jpg

The letter scene:

ca30dcp0033ka9.jpg

New X-Men was also extremely awesome. Best its been since the Nimrod arc.
"Fucking unicorns" - Logan.

All the Laura scenes were great too. Everyone refusing to tell Surge what happened to David and she explains in every little clinical detail. Random stuff like that. I like the jealousy part at the end when Surge kisses Hellion. Nice to see some development for Laura.

KVW on

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    After reading Extremis, Execute Program, and Director of S.H.I.E.L.D, it's pretty obvious that his doubts about his abilities leading up to the Extremis dosage and the subsequent effects of Extremis on his personality(and having his brain hijacked again) are what caused Stark to go so haywire over registration. In his own books he's suffered a lot of loss and has realized the errors that he's made and is trying to fix everything. Especially after
    Sal died.
    Now if people would just stop writing him as such a dick in other books when he's not acting that way in his own anymore he'd be doing great.

I'm looking at you JMS.

Weaver on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, the Iron Man CW, DoS, and WWH tie-ins are pretty good at counteracting the Tony = Hitler stuff. Too bad not that many people read Iron Man.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Okay.

So who do we need to bribe to make sure Brubaker writes Captain America until the end of time?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    Okay.

So who do we need to bribe to make sure Brubaker writes Captain America until the end of time?

I don't know, but I'll pitch in to the bribery pot.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I hate being out of the loop. Why did Sharon open up on Black Widow and that black dude?
    (Yes, I actually know who he is).

She's not a skrull, is she?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yes

A pregnant Skrull

Weaver on
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The black dude would be the falcon

Green Lantern on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, we don't know for sure if shooty-Sharon and preggo-Sharon are the same Sharon, do we?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Faust, the guy who has Bucky captured, hypnotized her. She also
    Shot Cap

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Faust, the guy who has Bucky captured, hypnotized her. She also
    Shot Cap

More like
    took a shot from cap

Weaver on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nice one, Weaver.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    This week I got Absolute New Frontier for my birthday. I've never read it before, and I finished it all in one go last night, so my moments of the week/month/year/decade are all booked up for now.

Bogart on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Cap:
    You shoy my friend

And I don't have many friends

Man, Bucky is great.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Marvel Comics Presents. Pretty much all the stories were very intriguing but they were also like... too short.

The Spider-Man one is priceless.

Also, I picked up The Umbrella Academy on a whim. I don't know what Keith is going on about in the New Comics thread, but it was really fantastic and lots of scan-worthy panels.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    This makes me mad that they forgot to pull it for me at my LCS. I'm debating to whether to wait until next week or get it on the way home.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Annihilation Conquest:Quasar spoilers -
    Man, I hope the Magus isn't the super-secret bad guy behind Conquest, but it sort of fits, and it would make sense with Adam Warlock being in his magic coccoon in this issue. I just don't like the Magus, with his freaky grey apphro and his hot pants.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't know about anyone else but the two WWH tie-ins, Gamma Corps and Frontline pissed me off to no end.
    First you've got the Gamma corps who are all apparently the same height as uber-hulk and have hands big enough to wrap around his neck, even the girl. Despite his insane healing, their tag-team on his neck worked and some lame deus-virus managed to weaken him enough for some grey prat to break his neck.

Its bad enough they're just able to whip up soldiers apparently as strong as low level Hulk but weakening viruses and terribly drawn proportions? He's smarter now, surely he realised after the third person that they kept turning up behind him and working the neck.

And Sally? Fuck Sally. She rips on Cap when shes a drunk who looks like shes sleeping with Danny Rand. God they need to kill that bitch off.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Man, I hope the Magus isn't the super-secret bad guy behind Conquest, but it sort of fits, and it would make sense with Adam Warlock being in his magic coccoon in this issue. I just don't like the Magus, with his freaky grey apphro and his hot pants.
    I'm glad Im not the only one getting that Adam Warlock vibe off the cocoon.

KVW on
  • Options
    lordhacklordhack Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My shop didn't get their copies of Flash for some reason, but barring that, moment of the week was the Black Canary Wedding/Green Arrow Weeding Special.
    Green Arrow: I thought you weren't coming
    Batman: Not for the wedding, came for the fight.
    and
    Deathstorke: 50 pounds of body armor and you don't think I wore a cup?
    Not to mention the ending, I might actually pick up the new Green Arrow Black Canary monthly now.

lordhack on
    Arkham Bed and Breakfast for the Criminally Insane, Convenient to City, Office open 24 hours. Call for reservations or visit our web page.
    Isn't my sig pic awesome?
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    New X-Men.
    New_Xmen_42_DCP_0015.jpg
    New_Xmen_42_DCP_0016.jpg
    New_Xmen_42_DCP_0017.jpg

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    I'm glad Im not the only one getting that Adam Warlock vibe off the cocoon.

Man, I didn't even think of him. Those guys have been out of action for a while now, probably the late 90s, right?
    I loved Infinity War, so that'd be pretty awesome if it's true.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Marvel Adventures Avengers was pretty cool.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Is that weird thing talking to beast in the first couple X-Men scans Colossus?

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Guys, the last issue of Ant-Man was filled with so much awesome. Especially the last couple of pages.
    Eric's just left his former GF's house, heading back to the helicarrier to report for Initiative training. He just finished telling the chick that he was going to try to change and become a better person. So, flying through NYC in the suit, he sees Spidey saving a woman while dodging the absorbing man. Time for the reforming Ant-Man to step in and assist, right?

WRONG.

Eric flies by and says "Bah, I think he's got it."

Fucking priceless and exactly what that irredeemable fucker would do. I'm definitely picking up the Initiative now, just because of Ant-Man.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    New X-Men.
    New_Xmen_42_DCP_0015.jpg
    New_Xmen_42_DCP_0016.jpg
    New_Xmen_42_DCP_0017.jpg

There's a new X-Men?

That was actually pretty cool. Maybe I'll go back to the store for it later...
    wwtMask wrote: »
    I loved Infinity War, so that'd be pretty awesome if it's true.

I knew I wasn't the only one.
    Last time I spotted Adam Warlock was during Thanos's 12-issue series, and I think the bodiless essence of the Magus had a run in with Quasar (the male one) a few years back. It'd be awesome if he shows up again - what wacky, crazy hairstyle will he be sporting now?

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2007
    Captain America was probably the moment of the week for me. The whole thing was just amazing. And if you're looking for a balanced portrayal of Tony Stark, that's where you need to go.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Holy crap I didn't even think of it being him.
    Adam Warlock as the savior of space again would be great, that guy is fun. Just won't feel right though if there isn't some Thanos around to harass him, even if it was just now his ghost.

Also the last page of WWH setting up for the last issue is pretty good.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    adam without thanos = david spade.

adam without thanos or soul gem = david spade trying to be funny

delphinus on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Goddamnit now I have to buy Quasar. Even though the entire whole last issue had no threatened lesbian spankings, it was still pretty horrible.
    and it was pretty obvious that Warlock was going to show when they showed his cocoon in Phyla's vision back in Annihilation Conquest #1 duders. What's weird is that the the Phalanx are a corrupt offshoot of the Techarcy, where there New Mutant Warlock was from, and his pissed off dad The Magus. Unrelated, except that Claremont named them as a homage to Starlin's Warlock and Magus. Weird.

august on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    New X-men was pure win this week.
    "Hey Josh can I ask you someth--?"
    "Rabble Rabble Rabble..."
    "Oooookaaaay...."

And let's not forget about the awesomeness of Captain America #30
    "Damn it, Steve..."

:lol:

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My big surprise moment of the week comes from Countdown to Mystery #1:
    Darkseid created Eclipso?

JoeUser on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    JoeUser wrote: »

I haven't read the issue myself, but from all the talk over on other boards...
    ...it seems it's the diamond that comes from Darkseid or at least from his planet.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Heatwave wrote: »
    New X-men was pure win this week.
    "Hey Josh can I ask you someth--?"
    "Rabble Rabble Rabble..."
    "Oooookaaaay...."

My favourite bit was when
    Pixie went running out of the danger room in a cloud of pink smoke followed by Wolverine shouting "FUCKING UNICORNS!"

Re: Annihilation:
    God, I hope it's not the Magus, if for no other reason than it would undermine the way Genis-Vell left him trapped.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »

I haven't read the issue myself, but from all the talk over on other boards...
    ...it seems it's the diamond that comes from Darkseid or at least from his planet.

Well I can't find any scans, but here's the conversation:
    Eclipso: Answer me -- where am I?

Voice: You are home, Eclipso. It has been so very long. Perhaps you no longer recognize it?

Eclipso: You lie! I have no home! My only origin is the spark that begat the universe.

Darkseid: You forget yourself, Eclipso. Your origin lies with me. I am he that created you.

That bauble around your neck was mined here, on Apokolips.

I cut and shaped it millennia ago, a tool to crush those foolish enough to oppose me. But it has since strayed and has clearly forgotten its purpose.

Eclipse, you are now, have always been, and forever shall be mine.

I am Darkseid! And I am your lord and master!

So who knows the truth? But an interesting development anyway.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Here's the new origin for Eclipso from Countdown.
    Basically, Eclipso is still god's wrath and all that, but the gem that binds her or something was forged on Apokolips after she was cast out of God's favour. Or something.

racerxcountdown32p22kq2.jpg

racerxcountdown32p23bz1.jpg

Here's the scan of Darkseid as well for posterity's sake.

racerxctm1p39uv0.jpg

And here's another moment from Marvel Adventure's Avengers with Hawkeye getting some Jungle Fever. Best part is what Wolverine does at the end.
    1190252040978mw6.jpg

KVW on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ahh, thanks for that. That's what I get for not reading Countdown!

JoeUser on
  • Options
    j0hnz3rj0hnz3r Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Green Arrow/Black Canary Wedding Special cliff hanger was "WHAT THE SHIT??!?!?!!" O_o D:

j0hnz3r on
    jedi_watchtower.png
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    kdrudy wrote: »

Holy crap I didn't even think of it being him.
    Adam Warlock as the savior of space again would be great, that guy is fun. Just won't feel right though if there isn't some Thanos around to harass him, even if it was just now his ghost.

Also the last page of WWH setting up for the last issue is pretty good.
    The more I think about the Magus connection, the more it makes sense - the lower caste people are just for assimilation, ala the "We will all be one" nonsense the Phalanx are spouting, but the special people become free-willed "Selects", denoting the same obsession Magus had with getting away from Adam Warlock and his destiny.

Plus, whenever Magus shows up, Thanos is not far behind, so they have an excuse to bring him back from the dead or whatever.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Haha, MA Hawkeye is such a playa. Honestly, though, who doesn't want to bone Storm?

wwtMask on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    j0hnz3r wrote: »
    Green Arrow/Black Canary Wedding Special cliff hanger was "WHAT THE SHIT??!?!?!!" O_o D:
    Seriously, if he is dead I'm going to be super pissed.

deadonthestreet on