As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade Survey

purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
Hey guys if you missed Gabe's post PA is doing a survey about the pins. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=drive_web&formkey=dENfcTFZT1VTOWxPc2RUM2stUTlDSnc6MA#gid=0

Some interesting questions in there, I was unsure how to answer a few of them. Yeah I want more pins released a year, but I want less of them at PAX.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I think there is room for a lot of nuance regarding the number, dispersal and timing of Pins. I doubt you would have a problem with the number of Pins at PAX if there wasn't the very realistic expectation that they might run out on the first day. More Pins being given away would be sweet (free is in everybody's price range), and the ability to get them over the three/four days would be gravy.

More Sets in the Store? Maybe. I know that extra Merch is cool, but not everyone has a bottomless wallet that spews cash every time it is opened.

Increasing the quantity of the PAX Pins I am all for. And I have said before that an online Set during PAX that (somehow) only non-attendees could buy would help everyone feel involved in PAX. (I'm still looking for the right kind of things to make it a treasure hunt between the attendees and non-attendees).

Thornwatch Pins, Sand Pins, I'm all for. But again, wallet concerns are a factor for people.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think I like the amount of pins to continue as is. Prime 13 and East 14 had good numbers, though $15 a pop is a bit much for some vendors imo, it's a lot to spend on top of everything else.

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    I had to pick too much and the looming new PAX South is what made me pick it. The KI pins also don't help, I don't have issue with the idea but I think perhaps the amount of pins that you need to acquire through these methods should be capped to something much lower than 16 odd. Especially if more companies do take it up, it would get excessive to miss that many pins per game.

4 PAXs of huge pin drops a year, it's just a little overwhelming if you ask me. Especially since even if you have the pals, the task of getting pins for all them is stretching itself in to a chore, rather than an enjoyable experience.

I don't have a solution that doesn't seem selfish though. So I suppose it will be what it is :) I'll take whatever mitigation options are available, such as Pedro's idea.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Wallet concerns are most certainly an issue with me as well. I would just like to see a few new online exclusives. It seems like me have not had one in a while.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I agree with some, I would like more pins per year, but not necessarily more at PAX, about 15 to 20 exhibitor pins seems just about right for people to still have fun collecting and not have it feel like a chore or you start missing out on the actual show. More pins through the store, pin ultimate editions or other online means would be great, 2013 was a good start, but so far this year we've only seen.........valentines day pin? and the KI pins, which are also a month behind...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I think if they weren't just holiday themed pins, I would be more into getting PA themed sets. I want more PA characters (that aren't in Halloween costumes or Christmas costumes).

I voted for the MORE PINS PLEASE option. Whether limited edition or something in the store for awhile, why not? I'm not as thorough as most of you, so I'm not collecting every. Single. Pin.

More pin ultimates (that are run properly), more store available sets/singles/blind boxes that aren't old pins, and keep the PAX sets coming. They need to use their connections and get us some Mario/Pokemon/Nintendo pins. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I wish the survey had a little free form answer section at the end so we could put our reasonings for our more/less/just right answer. I would have ticked all three boxes if it was allowed because my answer changes depending on the context of the pins (eg pax, partners, online etc)

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    I have a feeling the survey was targeting a more casual audience who aren't necessarily even on the forums or "even if you have just one pin!". I'm sure they predicted we'd discuss in depth here and this will probably get read. Discuss away :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone here like pins?!

• Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I ticked 'just right', but I think I'd be happy with a few more pins on the online store and I'm still interested to see what the next Pin Ultimate edition is. I think the number of PAX pins is pretty good though. Enough to reward people who casually visit booths in expo hall, but not so many that it's daunting to get them all. (Leeroy and KI tournament issues aside)

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone here like pins?!

No. I hate pins of all sorts. In fact, I am only here to ask for directions on how to get out of here.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Voted "just right." I've more or less accepted I'll never have every pin, but if we get too many more per year I very seriously fear for my finances.

• Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Adding the wording from Mike's post:
    We have a new survey up that we would love for you to take a look at. We’re looking to get some more information about how folks collect and trade Pinny Arcade pins. Whether you’re already a Pin Pal or you’ve never purchased a pin from us, your info would be super helpful. You can find the survey right here and it should only take a couple minutes.
    I listed the questions below in case anyone is interested in discussing how the data might be used regarding decisions on future Pin releases.
    1. What.... is your age?
    2. Which gaming systems do you own and actively use to game (Check all that apply)?
    3. What gender do you identify with?
    4. Which of the following game genres do you play/enjoy (click all that apply)?
    5. Do you play any free-to-play or micro-transaction based games?
    6. Have you ever made a purchase in a free-to-play game?
    7. Do you own any Pinny Arcade Pins?
    8. What are the methods by which you collected your pins? (Check all that apply)
    9. How do you find out about new pins? (Check all that apply)
    10. What is the primary method you use to display your pins? (choose one)
    11. What do you think about the rate of how many new pins are released over a year?
    12. Are you a member of ClubPA?
    I think answers to questions two and four might be used to determine future Pin Ultimate Editions.
    redfield85 wrote: »
    They need to use their connections and get us some Mario/Pokemon/Nintendo pins. Haha.
    If there was a deal to be struck, I think pins of Groudon and Kyogre would make the most sense with the November release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Speaking of Nintendo Pins though... I got something special today:
    NSIDERSAGEPIN_zps14907bf5.jpg

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    oh man, that's an awesome pin Konig!

• cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    I answered 'just right' for the number of pins but think a space for feedback would have been useful. The number of pins at each PAX has been doable so far but when adding in collecting for Pin Pals as well it increases the likelihood of missing pins just due to insufficient time available (primarily due to the number of queues required).

WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    cabbie98 wrote: »
    I answered 'just right' for the number of pins but think a space for feedback would have been useful. The number of pins at each PAX has been doable so far but when adding in collecting for Pin Pals as well it increases the likelihood of missing pins just due to insufficient time available (primarily due to the number of queues required).

Yea, but is that really their fault? If people on the forums want to team up and spend most of their time hunting pins for themselves and 1-2 other people, that is on the people on the forum, not PA. Not that you said it was PAs fault or something.

Everyone is different in what they want out of these pins. Some want every. Single. One. Others, like myself, only want ones that I like. For me, I don't care if I get every PAX East pin, as long as I get the ones I want and maybe some of the free ones as trade fodder. I did plenty at PAX besides getting pins.

And some pins that might take quite some time in a line, well, you just need to ask yourself if it is worth it (or multiple times in line).

Moral of the story is I want more pins online that aren't holiday pins and think the PAX amount is just right (just do more games that I want haha).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I think that the PAX Pin issue is most easily solved by PA persuading exhibitors that these things sell, and sell fast. They drive traffic to your booth, and having plenty on hand is key. Maybe the minimum should he higher for East? Or maybe the number is fine, and they need to allow more to be handed out on the first day? It would be interesting to know who had leftovers, if any.

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    I found it strange that their question on how we acquire our pins didn't mention the way I've gotten many of mine: through Killer Instinct. That wasn't a choice.