As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 5-14-14: From my perspective, you are the weird one.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    That is an amazing Groot face there.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    I added Cyclops #1 since I just bought it, but I want to say that $4 for 18 pages of a digital copy + cover and title page is bullshit.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Is anyone else reading Starlight? Because I have been loving Starlight so far.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have read issue #1 of it but not two and three I will get next week

I guess I should be reading Captain Marvel

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Did she just 'flirt' a bomb into not exploding?

Her pheromones work on bombs now?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Secret Avengers looks fun and I'm digging the art.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Secret Avengers is fun. It's nothing anything close to the previous runs of the title before it by the same name in theme, but it is a fun comic.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Did she just 'flirt' a bomb into not exploding?

Her pheromones work on bombs now?

Caramel gellato is really good.

And if you're going to make a pretty big to-do about your suicide, it probably means you're hoping someone is going to try and stop you. Bomb just needed a hug.

I'm surprised she didn't make a crack about him picking a Russian name or quoting Rust Cohle.

edited May 2014
    Oh, and goddamn. New Avengers #18:
    The conclave of Black Panthers made every shitty argument that has been proffered to justify the most terrible, evil decisions ever made by humanity.

Crimsondude on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Avengers #29, Tony stands up to bullies:
    avengers29a_zps3c838912.jpg

avengers29b_zps9835e65a.jpg

And Steve punches him like some preppy school jock!

avengers29c_zps0401522e.jpg

avengers29d_zps6ae6504f.jpg

New Avengers #18, ends justifies the means, the newest recruit wonders what's going on, and a realy great last line by T'Challa:
    newavengers18a_zps6f7d6e22.jpg

newavengers18b_zpsa441cc83.jpg

newavengers18c_zps98c17cb0.jpg

newavengers18d_zpse0b1d293.jpg

newavengers18e_zpsd8db711d.jpg

Jerkass Steve

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Jerkass Steve

Nah.
    Dude just found out he was mind wiped by his best friend. He's aloud to be pissed. Also I'd say the post you made before that about the Panther Council shows he wasn't all that far off.

I actually love this whole situation. It feels like what civil war completely failed at being.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Jerkass Steve

Nah.
    Dude just found out he was mind wiped by his best friend. He's aloud to be pissed. Also I'd say the post you made before that about the Panther Council shows he wasn't all that far off.

I actually love this whole situation. It feels like what civil war completely failed at being.
    Except that I read T'Challa's response, as well as his non-response to "Why haven't you killed the Atlantean" as being tacit rejections of that thinking.

And I cannot fathom Bruce actually tolerating genocide just because he joined the team because he's not actually the Worldbreaker.

Crimsondude on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Jerkass Steve

Nah.

Except that I read T'Challa's response, as well as his non-response to "Why haven't you killed the Atlantean" as being tacit rejections of that thinking.

And I cannot fathom Bruce actually tolerating genocide just because he joined the team because he's not actually the Worldbreaker.
    Well
    T'Challa didn't necessarily not respond, the scene just cut away before we saw his response.

I'm betting there is no way both T'Challa and Namor make it out of New Avengers alive. Hickman wouldn't make their frenemies relationship so good if he wasn't gonna cause some pain down the road.

CYpGAPn.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Jerkass Steve

Nah.
    Dude just found out he was mind wiped by his best friend. He's aloud to be pissed.

Well...
    At least Tony's side-team hasn't gotten the Earth blown up yet. Can't say the same for Steve and his. Tony's managed to not self-implode as well in the process. You'd think with all the grief T'challa and Namor give each other that they'd be the first to kill each other but nope, Rogue and Wanda beat them to it.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Jerkass Steve

Nah.

Well
    T'Challa didn't necessarily not respond, the scene just cut away before we saw his response.

I'm betting there is no way both T'Challa and Namor make it out of New Avengers alive. Hickman wouldn't make their frenemies relationship so good if he wasn't gonna cause some pain down the road.
    I'm thinking we are going to see T'Challa and Namor survive, but Wakanda will not survive this storyline. There are too many seeds being planted that highlight the dark side of Wakanda's isolation and how it has corrupted the society. My guess is that there is going to come a moment when Black Panther has to decide between the world and Wakanda, and he chooses the world.

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Captain America #20
    SHIELD made a Helicarrier transformer
    uDC4xGK.jpg

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
    I'm with Tony on this whole thing.

On the Steve route they all die and their universe blows up and he gets to say 'at least we didn't sacrifice our morals'.
    On the Tony route they get to actually live another day and progress further towards a potential permanent solution.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    Captain America #20
    SHIELD made a Helicarrier transformer
    uDC4xGK.jpg

An obvious move, in hindsight.
    If you're going to have a big ridiculous flying fortress thing, it might as well transform into a giant robot too.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Frankly, it's kind of amazing they haven't done this before. Or have they?

I have an issue with it
    What exactly is it supposed to fight? Other than Galactus and Celestials, who would kick it's ass, I'm not sure of anything about that size.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I have an issue with it
    What exactly is it supposed to fight? Other than Galactus and Celestials, who would kick it's ass, I'm not sure of anything about that size.
    Fin Fang Foom? Mole Man monsters? Giant sea monsters that people like Namor and Attuma have drug up from time to time?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I have an issue with it
    well, Madripoor is a giant dragon right now...

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I have an issue with it

It's a pre-emptive endeavor. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Or, whatever, a megaton.
    I can just imagine SHIELD explaining this to the budget people.

"Maybe you guys didn't hear us: we said we can make it turn into a giant robot."

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited May 2014
    Hahaha
    Activate ...

MEGA MAID!

God, that is so amazing. I can imagine in the universe them pitching the idea and Tony getting the biggest hard-on. Like, YES, I CAN MAKE THE HELICARRIER INTO AN IRON MAN TRANSFORMER.

Crimsondude on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I have an issue with it

It's a pre-emptive endeavor. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Or, whatever, a megaton.
    I can just imagine SHIELD explaining this to the budget people.

"Maybe you guys didn't hear us: we said we can make it turn into a giant robot."
    "Sure it's a cool idea and all, but is it cool enough?
    "Well, I suppose we could wreathe the head in blue flame... maybe give it a giant flaming sword too.
    "Budget approved, now let's break out the coke and hookers.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

On the Steve route they all die and their universe blows up and he gets to say 'at least we didn't sacrifice our morals'.
    On the Tony route they get to actually live another day and progress further towards a potential permanent solution.

I don't really think we have enough information to say that with any certainly. So far the closest any of the Illuminati's immoral acts have come to doing anything was when THanos almost used their bombs to destroy the earth.

So you know.

Quire.jpg
  • manjimanji Registered User regular
    Blade of the Immortal vol 29, the deadliest woman in comics makes a welcome return

IMG_zpse8b5008b.jpg

IMG_0001_zps20185326.jpg

IMG_0002_zps0bcca085.jpg

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    My motw was hearing my son get a shoutout for wearing his Deadpool hoodie with the hood zipped up from Ty Templeton.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    It's always a treat to see Makie in action.
    I have an issue with it
    Fin Fang Foom? Mole Man monsters? Giant sea monsters that people like Namor and Attuma have drug up from time to time?
    Sentinels?

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    It's always a treat to see Makie in action.
    I have an issue with it
    Sentinels?
    Do Sentinels get that big? I was under the impression that they typically stood around 3 stories tall (30-40 feet or so). The Helicarrier-bot is standing next to buildings at least that tall that don't reach it's knees.

I never said it was supposed to be a fair fight. :D

Master Molds could be that big. Or Tri-Sentinel! Remember him? Eh? Tri-Sentinel!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I dunno. Any sentinel that relies on tear gas sounds lame to me.

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

Steve's route is the "what are we fighting for if we become just like the Builders, Black Priests, etc?" Destroy an Earth and you're still killing billions.

Tony's route is "let's do evil, until we can find a good way out" which is still doing an evil thing. Let's be honest, the old Authority is more "good" than the Illuminati. I like the team, but by no stretch is Steve being a jerkass in this case.

It's odd that people flipped out over Superman snapping one neck in Man of Steel, but the Illuminati blowing up Earths and making deals with demons is still considered "good".

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.

Steve's route is the "what are we fighting for if we become just like the Builders, Black Priests, etc?" Destroy an Earth and you're still killing billions.

Tony's route is "let's do evil, until we can find a good way out" which is still doing an evil thing. Let's be honest, the old Authority is more "good" than the Illuminati. I like the team, but by no stretch is Steve being a jerkass in this case.

It's odd that people flipped out over Superman snapping one neck in Man of Steel, but the Illuminati blowing up Earths and making deals with demons is still considered "good".

The point is that the Illuminati are NOT being good; it's about good men (who aren't fucking Superman) being lead down the path of necessary evil.

Contrasted to Sun God, the Superman analog, who is flat out never going down that path. Because he's Superman(analog).

The point is that the Illuminati are NOT being good; it's about good men (who aren't fucking Superman) being lead down the path of necessary evil.

Contrasted to Sun God, the Superman analog, who is flat out never going down that path. Because he's Superman(analog).
    I'm actually expecting Sun God to knock some sense into them. Or beat out some of the stupidity.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I really, genuinely love the Great Society and hope this cover isn't accurate to next issue:
    NEWAVN2013020_Weaver1.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
    I love how Mister Fantastic looks like the dog just peed on the carpet.