As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Excel [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    can we stop talking about feeding people blood? its pretty disgusting.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    "Why does the casserole taste like pennies?"

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

What else are you going to use pennies for?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Nervous because the recruiter sounds hella proper on the phone and mentioned several times that this is a "senior" position.

New Rule: Companies have to stop using the word "associate" in job titles. It doesn't convey any useful information at all about the job!

agree, we implemented new job titles a few months ago -- "associate" and "staff"?

"staff"?
    Why not just call them "headcount"?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    The radio at work is playing some jazz rendition of one of the songs from the original Willy Wonka movie. Which has reminded me just how creepy that movie is. Horror movie for children!

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

Seems plausible.

Next topic: National Sandwich Week is here !

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

Ok.

Sorry.

EDIT: I HOPE it doesn't need to be said, but I was totally joking, by the way. The topic grosses me out as well! ...It is just so out there, that I can't help but laugh about it. :P

Neco on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

COULD NOT AGREE MORE
    Haphazard wrote: »

Okay. That was worth it. A+ would awesome again

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Nervous because the recruiter sounds hella proper on the phone and mentioned several times that this is a "senior" position.

New Rule: Companies have to stop using the word "associate" in job titles. It doesn't convey any useful information at all about the job!

usually something like

assistant
    associate
    senior

it basically means you aren't bitch tier but you aren't pro tier either

This seems like it's pro tier, but I almost didn't apply because the title sounded bitch tier.

All the scrubs at my joint are "Associates". "Analysts" is the overly broad mid level

Also Senior is typically a modifer so you can have Senior Associates, but not really a title in and of itsAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH EVERYTHING ABOUT HIRING IS TERRIBLE.

oh yeah, there is that

so like senior associate means you are underneath protier but above mid-tier

it's basically, assistant manager in layman's terms

really, the most important thing is what comes after that

so i am assistant in planning

what this actually means is that i do everything else anyone on my team does related to planning but also a bunch of bitch tier work

will be moving into associate soon enough

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

agree, we implemented new job titles a few months ago -- "associate" and "staff"?

"staff"?

"overhead staff" was the official terminology at my management consulting job for anybody who wasn't a consultant

consequently, it was also the unofficial terminology for everybody the executives hated and wished they could replace with machines

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Oy vey. The dumb questions keep comming.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

usually something like

assistant
    associate
    senior

it basically means you aren't bitch tier but you aren't pro tier either

This seems like it's pro tier, but I almost didn't apply because the title sounded bitch tier.

All the scrubs at my joint are "Associates". "Analysts" is the overly broad mid level

Also Senior is typically a modifer so you can have Senior Associates, but not really a title in and of itsAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH EVERYTHING ABOUT HIRING IS TERRIBLE.

See I have "analyst" thrown on the end of my title (Senior programmer/analyst) to differentiate from programmer development (where there's no senior title, but if you don't want to go management you could theoretically go Computer Scientist). There are no straight up analysts.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    revenge is a dish best served wet

?u=thomamelas

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    cleaned up my room today so my doge has gone back to sleeping under my desk

dunno why even when i dont have crap down there he's too big to fit

and he grumbles about sharing the space with my legs

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

Seems plausible.

I like topping sandwiches with the blood of my significant other.

How about you? Do you prefer your own blood?

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

?u=thomamelas

this is literally the only way i can get one of my dogs to listen to me when i tell him to leave the old dog alone. NOTHING else works. well except maybe offering a treat but i'm not going to reward that behavior.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2014

Seems plausible.

is best to keep it locally sourced

#locavore

Vanguard on
  • Options
    ESO looks pretty cool. downloading it now.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    if you dont like sharing space with legs dont sleep under the desk dumbshit

he's lucky he's cute because he sure as hell ain't smart

• Options

Seems plausible.

From now on I shall only eat Vegemite and cheese sandwiches

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

?u=thomamelas

U37id7r.jpg

• Options
    Huh. The neighbouring house across the road has all its windows and doors open, with a fire engine outside

Gas leak!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    "Associate" is just a ranking term, like "private" or "warrant officer"

It doesn't mean anything on it's own, it just indicates where you are on the food chain

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Garth, close this thread.

• Options
    Pizza Dog for sidekick of the year.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @desc the essay in eros the bittersweet "what does a lover want from love?" pleases me

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

"staff"?

It's a very bizarre system, associate is the lowest of 6

there are 0 people with the highest title

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    If you like dumb yahoo answers, you might want to listen to My Brother My Brother and Me.
    They have their listeners send in yahoos and then answer them, except the dumbest, that is the episode closer.
    In between they do listeners questions, which are of a slightly higher level.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Garth, close this thread.

But why, Wayne?

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot will create the new thread
    @Vanguard is backup

This discussion has been closed.