Not sure if this is the right place to post this; going by a March tweet on @PA_MegaCorp
The archive search function doesn't seem to see recent strips's text.
I noticed this searching for the strip from 2014-03-07, Consultant (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/03/07/consultant)
. I searched 'anniversary' and 'trap' (no quotes), and it didn't come up. After finding it manually, I checked with 'Titanfall' as well - and still no dice! Searching for 'Consultant' does hit.
This is not limited to that strip - for example, 2014-03-19 (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/03/19/titania)
also deals with Titanfall, but doesn't come up under 'Titanfall' or 'boring'.
I did a quick search to try to pin down when it started - it's not always been the case. For example, when I search for 'watch', http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/09/25
comes up, and watch is just in the dialogue, not the title.http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/05/02
- doesn't show up for 'subscription' or 'barrel', 'Order and Chaos', 'Order', 'Chaos'.http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/04/29
- doesn't show up for 'hackers' or 'suit'.http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/04/25
- doesn't show up for 'gruesome', 'self', 'books'... but does for 'Game of Thrones', 'spoilers' and 'lobotomy' (even though the whole word isn't in the strip!).http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/04/25
- does show up for '80710A06'.http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/04/13
- does show up for 'Jersey Shore'
I don't have time to go the whole way through, and it feels like it might just be come the case that keywords are being added less and less. Did something change?