As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — NSFC

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — NSFC

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• MerridewMerridew Head Chorister Registered User new member
    Oh my god. Words cannot even describe the natural beauty of that drawing, the balance between realism and caricature... it's breathtaking.
    For real, though, I think I just busted a gut laughing.

• WeilerWeiler Registered User regular
    The kitty in this one is kinda tricky...

• J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    L. O. L.

gekm71tpnnd5.gif
  • MickpuntMickpunt Registered User new member
    I've got the weirdest boner right now

• TzivyaTzivya Registered User regular
    Hard kitty! The really small, blending-in ones are hardest, sometimes I am not sure that's REALLY the kitty. Though not this time. Also, that picture is so perfect.

• DrSteveMcNaultyDrSteveMcNaulty Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    She's a more classic beauty.

XBOX GamerTag: The Triple Hat
    3DS Friend Code: 5215-0088-7445
  • Eric the PrezEric the Prez Registered User regular
    Its like a mona lisa :p found the kitty :)

• TrueStopwatchTrueStopwatch General Nuisance MassachasattsRegistered User regular
    Centerfolds nowadays just ain't what they used to be.

• ManOfHonorManOfHonor Registered User regular
    hawt

• ManOfHonorManOfHonor Registered User regular
    Also hey I like how the faces of the characters are drawn.

• WoombaWoomba Registered User new member
    I'm amused how the business model is based on drug trafficking :P

• MVEAlphaMVEAlpha Registered User new member
    Panel four, upper right corner, hanging upside down from the tree, near where the right branch splits again.

Kitty! (I hope I did these spoiler tags right.)

• MortirothMortiroth Registered User regular
    BAHAHAHA!!! I actually came THIS close to spitting out my tea; fantastic!! XD That's true talent <3

g9yqgramfjj6.jpg

The Misadventures of a very Metal Kitty!
  • hajenhajen Registered User regular
    wow! she must be a weightlifter.
    just look at her biceps triceps combo ... and her trapeziuses.
    hawt damn!

• motorfireboxmotorfirebox Registered User regular
    Haha, oh my god I love this comic.

• Balaan WrathBalaan Wrath Registered User regular
    LAWL!

• ZyxxZyxx Registered User regular
    I found the pus- the kitty! Sorry, I was thinking about something else.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I guess even camp has to have the guy who draws naked ladies. I'm not entirely sure this wasn't stolen from a guy I used to go to school with. He draw naked ladies exactly like that only with they had giant bush (we were 12-13). At least until the gym coach found one of the drawings carved into a locker in the locker room, then suddenly he didn't want to take credit for his work.

When I went to camp there weren't many naked girl drawings. However there were tons of dicks drawn every where in the cabin. Well not every where, they were "hidden" in that you didn't see them when you walked in the cabin, but sit on a lower bunk and what do you know dicks drawn on the upper bunk.

• davericedaverice Registered User regular
    Do NOT say this was based on your mother!!!!!!

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Hahaha it's the blank frame the really make this...

You can just imagine the wieghted silence as they first unveil the lady. Another instant Classic Katie, keep it up!

• FulgoreFulgore Registered User regular
    So... I gotta ask.
    When this comic was drawn, did Katie have to try to make it look childish or did she have her S.O (Significant Other) do the doodle?

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Fulgore wrote: »
    So... I gotta ask.
    When this comic was drawn, did Katie have to try to make it look childish or did she have her S.O (Significant Other) do the doodle?

Yeah, this piece (I'm an artist, so I call it a piece) was done by me.

And with perhaps the exception of the nipples and their placement, this was me trying my best to draw a woman.

edited May 2014
    ADAMRW wrote:
    Yeah, this piece (I'm an artist, so I call it a piece) was done by me.

And with perhaps the exception of the nipples and their placement, this was me trying my best to draw a woman.

That's what I thought, thanks for your hard work good sir, you helped in making the whole strip feel just right with your artistic collaborative effort. Now keep doing us proud and keep the writing strong for this comic. I definitely appreciate its style in both aesthetic and written atmosphere. You both are good at what you do.

Fulgore on
  • AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Thanks, I really appreciate that.

And thanks so much for reading the comic. It means a lot to us that anyone would take time out of their lives to check it out.

AdamRW on
  • TheTurnipKingTheTurnipKing Registered User regular
    I can tell I'm going to be seeing this comic a lot. Grade 1 exploitable.

ADAMRW wrote:
    Thanks, I really appreciate that.

And thanks so much for reading the comic. It means a lot to us that anyone would take time out of their lives to check it out.

Shiet, I check on this comic any time I can after work when it updates.
    You guys are a way for me to get a laugh out of my day whether it was a slow or a terrible day at work, even if it's a good day, it just makes my day that much better, so thank you both for that. I mean that sincerely.

• Blue RookBlue Rook Registered User new member
    edited May 2014
    LOL so good... Love this comic.

Blue Rook on
  • KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Thanks a million for the comments guys! I loved Adam's nudie drawing for this so much, I'm gonna post some of the alternative versions that were made. The first two are Adam's, and the third one is my charmless attempt from the original rough.

altnudies_zpsc63a0cb5.jpg

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    ha! all the alternate ones are great too
    oh my god the middle one
    torso face
    cannot unsee

• Balaan WrathBalaan Wrath Registered User regular
    That middle one is killing me! XD

• Black opsBlack ops Australia MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Hey Adam! You should draw more boobs a lot more. lol

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    All great, but I'm definitely glad you went with the one you did. It's perfect!

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Evrett37Evrett37 Registered User new member
    edited May 2014
    I'm curious. The main characters are all white..why were 3 obviously non white kids, chosen to be the focus of this comic? What were you saying about the charecter by showing off those missing teeth? Maybe title the comic "meanwhile, on the other side of the tracks.."

Evrett37 on
  • KverKver Registered User regular
    @Evrett37 I think you're looking for some sort of racism that doesn't exist. Half these kids are missing teeth (They're kids! They lose teeth!), and you could have just as easily pointed out the "whites" are portrayed as bug-eating gun-toting dirt-chewing white-trash idiots throughout the comic.

... Just, wow. You really had to be looking for it. Instead of hunting for racism to be 'curious' about, accept that some things are just more innocent than that.

• triggertrigger Registered User regular
    @Evrett37, I don't know about you, but the kid with the black hair looks more or less white to me. And the kid drawing the pictures is the whitest of the bunch.

• CaulCaul Registered User new member
    I absolutely expected the unfurled paper to be dickbutt.
    The internet has ruined me.

• thedandmomthedandmom Registered User regular
    Not gonna lie, thought one of the kids was Monica

linkbanner.jpg
  • osaryesosaryes Registered User regular
    Yeah, I sweat pink party streamers when I'm horny too...

I think I found the cat but I'm not sure...

• mst3kmanmst3kman Registered User new member
    @Caul only comment section to ever make me laugh my ass off well played, sir

• ShokewShokew Registered User regular
    That woman on the paper that kid is holding... Those are my drawing skills at a fast pace, unfortunately.