As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moments of the Week 09/19/07

2»

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    j0hnz3r wrote: »
    Green Arrow/Black Canary Wedding Special cliff hanger was "WHAT THE SHIT??!?!?!!" O_o D:
    Seriously, if he is dead I'm going to be super pissed.
    I'd laugh if the Green Arrow/ Black Canary thing was without a Green Arrow. Also, where were the "bows" that Ollie was supposed to like so much?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Green Arrow/Black Canary Wedding Special cliff hanger was "WHAT THE SHIT??!?!?!!" O_o D:
    I'd laugh if the Green Arrow/ Black Canary thing was without a Green Arrow. Also, where were the "bows" that Ollie was supposed to like so much?
    The solicits have Connor as the Green Arrow in the series.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Now that's just creepy. I guess it's a journey of revenge etc, then.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Captain America is made of pure win from start to finish

Super girl and Wonder girl constantly trying to score a drink was funny

Algertman on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The thing that bothered me about BC/GA wedding:
    The twist killed the fun mood and was such a blatant sales grab and they made no effort to hide it. "HOLY SHIT YOU'D BETTER CHECK OUT THE NEW BC/GA SERIES!" Geez. Some subtlety, at least!

Lux on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    No one else read The Umbrella Academy?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    No one else read The Umbrella Academy?

I read the few pages they published in the newspaper yesterday, but I have yet to make it to the comic store. It looked like a typical Dark Horse comic but with kids or teenagers as the heroes.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lux wrote: »
    The thing that bothered me about BC/GA wedding:
    The twist killed the fun mood and was such a blatant sales grab and they made no effort to hide it. "HOLY SHIT YOU'D BETTER CHECK OUT THE NEW BC/GA SERIES!" Geez. Some subtlety, at least!

Another problem with it:
    is that Dinah's like Shiva level martial artist and couldnt take out Ollie, who she wooled in that Sin story a few months back in like 2 panels. She had to resort to stabbing him in the neck with an arrow? And she has a sonic scream last time I checked that could have took him out. I think it would have been better as the shocker for the end of issue 1 of the new series. Didnt fit the style and tone of hte entire issue, like you said.

KVW on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    New X-men - Endangered Species

"Should we try one of the girls?"

Man, I love Dark Beast.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »

Man, I love Dark Beast.

That was pretty disturbing.

Did anyone else understand WHY finding out who was the youngest mutant was so important? Why that person would be a target any more than the other young mutants?

DMAC on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    They said Superboy in Shadowpact!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    "Gee, that's just Super...boy it's hot in here!"

DMAC on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    Did I miss an issue of Shadowpact?

The last one I read, Nightshade transported like half of Chicago into that shadow realm and passed out

now she's all fine and chipper

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    jonny_consequencejonny_consequence Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Green Arrow/Black Canary:
    Ridiculous final twist aside, I thought the issue had its moments--I enjoyed Zatanna at the strip club and Batman's quip about how he came for the fight, not the wedding. Plus Deathstroke's line about wearing a cup. And I really dig Amanda Conner's art. Like Lux said, the whole issue had this great, whimsical tone that the last few pages snuffed like a guy clubbing a baby seal.

jonny_consequence on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »

Man, I love Dark Beast.

That was pretty disturbing.

Did anyone else understand WHY finding out who was the youngest mutant was so important? Why that person would be a target any more than the other young mutants?

Originally, it was the kids wanting to know who the youngest was, as they are the last generation of mutants. Im guessing sort of a Children of Men youngest kid type celebrity status thing going on. Later, they figure pretty much any fanatic or psycho villian would try to kill the youngest mutant just in case they could possibly breed more or something. Dont think there was any major significance, just the kids having some fun with it.

KVW on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Did I miss an issue of Shadowpact?

The last one I read, Nightshade transported like half of Chicago into that shadow realm and passed out

now she's all fine and chipper

No, you didn't miss an issue.

It was kind of a "Don't worry folks, we'll have your friends and family back...as soon as we can get Nightshade up and running again! *audience laughs and then in unison say "Oh that Chimp!"*"

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty"

and then the next episode things are back to normal.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    robin was a pretty good issue this week

glad they fixed up Dodge

kind of

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm like...5 months behind on Robin. I need to catch up one of these days.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm a bit disappointed that Freddie Williams III is staying on the art when Dixon takes over.

I mean, I love his art and all, but I think it's time for someone else.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    My big surprise moment of the week comes from Countdown to Mystery #1:
    Darkseid created Eclipso?

I haven't read the issue myself, but from all the talk over on other boards...
    ...it seems it's the diamond that comes from Darkseid or at least from his planet.

Well,
    Eclipso itself couldn't have been created by Darkseid, what with being the predecessor to The Spectre. That said, it's not unreasonable that the diamond that contains Eclipso could be manufactured.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

...it seems it's the diamond that comes from Darkseid or at least from his planet.

Well,
    Eclipso itself couldn't have been created by Darkseid, what with being the predecessor to The Spectre. That said, it's not unreasonable that the diamond that contains Eclipso could be manufactured.
    UNLESS DARKSEID IS GOD! Dun dun dun!
    Biggest DCU retcon of all time!

Lux on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lux wrote: »

Well,
    UNLESS DARKSEID IS GOD! Dun dun dun!
    Biggest DCU retcon of all time!

You mean GREATEST

Algertman on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

That is hilarious.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious