As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bohemia Interactive presents DayZ 1.0 or: Wait, It's Actually Out of Early Access?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Hamuel wrote: »
    where are you looking? I've had surprising success in school buildings. third floor, back room.

Seriously, M4s spawn in schools?

Silly me, I was looking in the goddamn military bases

That's where I get mine if I can't find a Moisin or an SKS

(military bases that is)

Schools for me usually have a pistol (no clips anywhere EVER), or a Blase or a Sporter

• Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    has anyone played with the crossbow yet, and know if its decent/actually works?

It's a 1 shot killer, I've been on the receiving end a few times, and shot a guy once or twice. You can put all the same m4 optics on it too, but I'm not sure if they're all properly configured or not.
    The biggest downside is finding bolts, they aren't all that common, and you pretty much need a quiver or you gotta load each bolt one at a time.

I find m4s in the hangers a lot. You basically need to hit a totally fresh server to find one at the neaf though, that shit gets cleaned out fast.

• Options
    Ash of Yew wrote: »

It's a 1 shot killer, I've been on the receiving end a few times, and shot a guy once or twice. You can put all the same m4 optics on it too, but I'm not sure if they're all properly configured or not.
    The biggest downside is finding bolts, they aren't all that common, and you pretty much need a quiver or you gotta load each bolt one at a time.

I find m4s in the hangers a lot. You basically need to hit a totally fresh server to find one at the neaf though, that shit gets cleaned out fast.

best place I've seen to get bolts is the boat .... because they're all that spawn where the gun used to up on the bridge!

Grrrrrrr

I have the worst luck with spawns lol

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

I'll just make sweet sweet love to my scoped SKS, I don't need no m4.

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    on an unrelated note, I am going to make a short video of all the HOT TIPS and COOL TRICKS that I know. spoiler: it's mostly various places to jump through windows.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    ....you can jump through windows?!

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    I will demonstrate the techniques necessary to achieve this amazing feat

• Options
    Oh hey what's this?
    mn38.png
    http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/196915-cows-mysterious-sign-and-uh-60-heli-crashes/

Only problem, as I posted in that thread as well, is what's really the point still, because I can get the same loot by just going to the neaf or any of the spawn towns. They really should start making some of the new guns they add exclusive to different parts of the map/crashes. If the only place you could get an AKM was a helicrash it would at least give a solid reason to go looking. Or put them in the NWAF only or something.

• Options
    Sooo..I'm sitting in mumble and gon' play me some dayz.

You know.

Just putting it out there.

• Options
    Good news, I did not die to that teleporter who killed Ham that I shot at and then promptly logged off from. I figured for sure he probably teleported over to me and got me in the log off animation, since he looked my way when I shot.

Teleporting is either becoming more common, or we're hitting a string of bad luck. Really hope it's the latter, but my gut tells me it's the former =(

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Guys, guys! What a happy coincidence
    M4 only spawns at the heli's now. :)
    http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/265l9x/crashed_helicopters/cho7cl4

Now if we can just see something tied only to barracks I might have a reason to go west again to shoot the dudes going there.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    Last night has taught me that I am not very good at fisting.

Last night also taught me to watch the goddamn clock when I play with you guys cause holy shit where did the time go.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd637fQ_yMM

• Options
    My favorite part of last night was listening to Platy shout at Chuwero "PUNCH HIS FACE! PUNCH HIS FACE!"

classic Platy

• Options
    Hamuel wrote: »
    My favorite part of last night was listening to Platy shout at Chuwero "PUNCH HIS FACE! PUNCH HIS FACE!"

classic Platy

I did punch that one guys face..and took his hat.

• Options
    I need to play with you all next week.

(can't this week sadly)

do you all have a teamspeak server or something?

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I need to play with you all next week.

(can't this week sadly)

do you all have a teamspeak server or something?
    I'll PM you the Mumble details later. At work right now.

• Options
  • Options

Last night also taught me to watch the goddamn clock when I play with you guys cause holy shit where did the time go.

Time flies when you're fisting.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    So I spent some time gearing up (even more time forgetting I left DayZ running when I went out for food) and couldn't find a single damn rifle type weapon. I found a double mag and two 40 round mags for a M4 (Which is free to anyone here that still has an M4), but all I found to defend myself was a fire extingquisher and a FNX45.

Which means, It might be time for more Firemarshal Hero.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/a/LYk7q

I'm glad there's folk out there just playing the game for different reasons than me, makes everything funner for everyone!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I had a terrible run of luck today, and I thought my luck had changed when I found a mosin finally..buuuut nope.

I just want to be able to shoot mans, and when cooking comes in, possibly eat mans.

Seriously, in an apocalypse it'd be criminally insane to waste all that delicious meat.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    I am sorry for shooting you chuwero :[
    There was another guy in a black shirt running around not long before you were there, so I didn't know!

• Options
    I went looking for ammo on a completely empty server like a scumbag. It was interesting to be on a completely smooth server though and see the potential of throwing. If they can get it to perform like that on a full server, it'll be fine, it's pretty nice!

• Options
    I'm used to my friends hurting me @Ash of Yew

Personally, I have no problem with gearing up on empty servers because 1) Fuckin loot respawn and 2)You'll probably die to hackers anyway, at least give yourself a fighting chance.

• Options
    I don't have too much issue with it, I do it after all =P
    But it does feel pretty cheesy to me. It's not like you can't find loot on a server with like 15 people, and then there's basically no risk at all if you're picking one with 0.

Also, while I know we've been seeing more hackers lately could we not jump to hyperbole about it? =P

• Options
    We died to a hacker again

• Options
    edited May 2014
    =(

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I did manage to kill him at least, but then either he came back or his buddy did to finish the job.

Definitely an increase, real unfortunate.

I do sorta wonder if us hanging out in berezino might be part of it too though. Maybe it was always like this? Maybe they just don't really bother heading out to the neaf? Then again my first real encounter was out there in the middle of no where by the neaf. Whooo knows.
    Shady shit used to happen in elektro when it was the clusterfuck too.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    I've been having some thinking time today and, before everyone jump my case I'm not having a pity party or over reacting to something that was said :stuck_out_tongue:

I just think you guys are too awesome and nice to genuinely be "Get a mic or go the fuck away" and today kind of shoved it in my face that me not talking is a detriment for everyone, So I'm thinking I'll just keep my distance from you guys and solo for now. Only reason I originally got into mumble anyway was so I could avoid killing you guys anyway by listening in on where you are, since I cant talk.

• Options
    Nooooo don't be that way chuwerroooo
    I think ya just need to be a bit more distinguishable so it's immediately obvious it's you. Figure out a hat or shirt or something you can wear routinely. Maybe something like a purple hard hat? A specific bandana?

Also, I take back what I said about jumping to hyperbole in regards to hackers. FUCK these hackers. It's every server now, super blatant bullshit.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zy0YI4h2sU

Maybe you wanna jump around if you watch the video, the AKM looks super cool. But I really wish they wouldn't introduce drum magazines.

• Options
    Looks pretty rad. Agree about drum mags, but at least they're supposedly rare.

Also heard a nice thing, emptying mags gives back appropriate stacks, at least from the akm. so 75 round drum mag being emptied gives 3 stacks of 20, one of 15, instead of a 75 stack, like the m4 60 round mags emptying into 60 stacks.

• Options
    BTW for those curious, the PSO scope this time around is a little different from the one in the mod for the SVD.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSO-1#Bullet_Drop_Compensation_elevation_turret

Basically this time, the chevrons don't correspond to the ranges on the scale(range finder), and are 100m intervals for shots past 1000m. You are able to actually zero the scope this time with page up/page down, so you still use the range finder portion to find the range but then actually zero rather than using the chevrons.

Of course, as pointed out in the above video, changing your FOV can throw the range finder out of wack. I'd imagine it's set to work with the default FOV but who knows, we'll have to see.

• Options
    I think ya just need to be a bit more distinguishable so it's immediately obvious it's you. Figure out a hat or shirt or something you can wear routinely. Maybe something like a purple hard hat? A specific bandana?

Also, I take back what I said about jumping to hyperbole in regards to hackers. FUCK these hackers. It's every server now, super blatant bullshit.

The clothing trick doesn't work because its almost impossible to find the same shit reliably.

I think they've messed with loot tables or something because I've noticed that loot is alarmingly less common than it used to be, even on fresh start servers.

• Options
    I'll be happy when I stop being killed by invisible zombies.

At least wall walkers are managble.

Also unfuck melee so you can actually kill a zombie again, its absolutely stupid that your fists do more damage to the zombies than a pitchfork, a fire extinguisher or an axe.

• Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options

The clothing trick doesn't work because its almost impossible to find the same shit reliably.

I think they've messed with loot tables or something because I've noticed that loot is alarmingly less common than it used to be, even on fresh start servers.

I get a pretty similar outfit on each life when I try.

The main thing about outfits is your silhouette imo, and then bright colors. Maybe it's just me but I find that it's pretty hard to distinguish people from even like 100m currently unless they're wearing some outlandish shit. For instance, ham almost always looks like your typical kitted out guy, because even though he likes to wear wool coats and cowboy hats, he always seems to pick dark clothes and the hat sorta looks like a boony hat, and the coat makes for a slightly bulky upper body so from a distance the silhouette sorta looks like your typical dude. I usually figure it out with a bit of closer inspection, but at that immediate first glance he looks very similar to dudes.

This is true for most people, due to the silhouette. I don't see individual items immediately upon looking at some one, I see, ok, dark colors (this ranges from anything from dark blues, blacks, even some reds and greens due to shadows and what not) and some sort of headgear, if they've got any sort of mask it looks pretty similar, any vest, all that shit just blends together. The distinguishing features at distance are generally either headgear or backpacks.

The other thing is that you can wear bright crap, but unless you put thought into it you'll often come across looking like other people any ways. Like you can throw on just a bright orange coat, but it's fairly common to see fresh spawns in them as well, so without an actual outfit of sorts it's just too random to be functional in identification.

So it's not just you we mistake all the time, it's just that your lack of mic means we can't quickly verify, so we need to figure out some way to just quickly on the spot do it. Wiggling helps, but when you're pointing a gun at any guy who has no mic he starts to wiggle =P
    We just need some all but totally unique thing for you to do quickly, preferably that we can also tell from range.

• Options
    Eh, You shouldn't have to deal with the bullshit. You've all been great to deal with it thus far but I don't want to put a damper on your parade anymore.

Besides I think I've fallen in love with Epoch Panthera :p