As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Louie] I'll wait for you

1235»

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I wasn't aware they ever showed her in the previous episodes. Regardless, that was really unexpected yet something that I can totally see him doing. Now that I think about it, mixed race couples are still really rare on TV. The last one I can think of offhand is Gunn and Fred, which makes me further appreciate how great Whedon was at promoting tolerance with Buffy and Angel.

Good episode. He is just so completely lost when it comes to women.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    "So buying a motorcycle... is a smart decision?"

Oh Louie.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    His black wife just makes his aryan daughters that much harder to explain

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Thank you resurgent PA thread for informing me Louie is back, I never would have known! I know what I need to set my DVR for tonight!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    that conversation in the bar had me sobbing with laughter

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Louis at the beach was perfect. I love how he's just pissed off by all the young people.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Robin Williams!

!
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    The strip club moment of silence was strangely sad.

And that little kid was terrible. Now I'm going to refuse to watch any kid, ever.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Louis CK does the impossible again by making Robin Williams stfu and act like a human being.

This kid is awesome, too.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    Just watched the past 3 episodes.

1. Is it just me, or is the best looking half-hour show on television?
    2. Garry Marshall absolutely killed it. I loved that the network bigwig didn't really promise dreams of success and money, just avoidance of failure and mediocrity.

!
  • Options
    Chris Rock and David Lynch?!?!!?!?!

Well played, Mr. CK.

stream
  • Options
    That 3 episode arc was perfect.

And there's still another episode to go this season?! Wonderful.

stream
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    This show has the most infuriating commercials of all time

I can't tell if the show is too short or I just want more

• Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    Page- wrote: »
    That 3 episode arc was perfect.

And there's still another episode to go this season?! Wonderful.
    Yeah, after so many soul crushing endings, they finally lifted us up and it was amazing. That test screening makes me want a Louis CK talk show with Paul Rudd as the guest every night.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    It never ceases to amaze me the people he manages to bring in on his show, especially considering how it's supposedly a rather low budget show. I mean, I'm sure he's friends with all (or most) of the comedians and they do it because they're his friends, but I'm always surprised when someone like Jerry Seinfeld or Matthew Broderick shows up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    a: Jerry Seinfeld looked like a slightly less pudgy John Travolta. It was surreal.

b: Loues CK remakes Rocky is the best thing.

c: He actually got me to sympathize with Leno and see Letterman as a bad fellow, which really should be impossible.

Hope he gets another season.

stream
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    That arc was epic. My wife was so sad, and almost cried. And then was so happy and so warm inside for what Louie accomplished.

she then said she hates the show and stormed off. She does not like her TV shows playing with her emotions. I however, love it. This is honestly one of the best shows ever made. The problem is, its not always that fun. The fun is in appreciating how fucking good of a job Louie has done at making you feel what you should be feeling at that moment in any episode.

Dude is a comedian, and never even came off as a particularly intelligent one. Not dumb, but not like...genius. But this show is just that, its genius. Dude knows what makes people tick, and why moments feel how they do, and how to translate that to 22 minutes of TV.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I'm sure it's blasphemy to some, but I honestly think Louis is one of the most insightful and intelligent comedians in the history of the business.

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    So...I just caught the season 3 finale of Louie. It's the first episode of this show I've ever watched.

Damn.

Damn.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    That Clinton Gore poster was real subtle.

Real subtle.

I also just checked on Wikipedia, and I'm not sure that that was really the Yangtze River.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    That Clinton Gore poster was real subtle.

Real subtle.

I also just checked on Wikipedia, and I'm not sure that that was really the Yangtze River.

It's either a really small runoff from the Yangtze or, my impression, that the guy simply took him to a nearby stream.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    Louie is the only show where I think I'd be totally satisfied if it was all just a dream, because the whole thing is so surreal and essentially a Louis CK dream to begin with.

That episode... I don't know how it seams so many emotional peaks and valleys together like it does. In the first shot he's sad and alone until a second later his kids are there and you realize he's just exhausted but okay (the doll scene is amazing) until you realize he may actually still be sad and alone even with his kids there or knowing they're leaving soon.

Him telling his ex he didn't get the Letterman thing and the growing disappointment in her face, even though he actually did an awesome job and about as well as he could've done - but he doesn't tell her that. And waking up with an open honeybun on your chest and then taking a bite.

Plus Amy Poehler <3

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    But now it's Spring 2014! And it's back! And it's flat out surreal.

!
  • Options
    I wasn't sure about the new format for the first couple of episodes, but after that it's been pure magic.

That last one, with the violin scene. Amazing. That thing with Seinfeld was also great.

stream