As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    If anyone's interested in Killer Is Dead, apparently you can make it look gorgeous by tweaking some settings.

http://i.picpar.com/6pM.jpg

PNG:
    https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2919/14074051680_ed6aab74a4_o.png

Looking this game up led me to the Spectacle Fighter tag.

Apparently, I am a fan of Spectacle Fighter games.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Got back into Dragon Age after leaving it for a bit (short bursts of playtime don't lend themselves well to immersive RPGs, it seems.) I'm barely scratching the beginning it seems.

Ah, multi-hundred hour RPGs, I miss you and I curse you in the same breath. :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, people with animated gif avatars.

Are there specific rules/limitations for how many frames, or size, to set your avatars to animate?

<-- is an animated gif but the forum isn't animating it. I'm guessing it is too many frames or something? Is there an outline anywhere about this?

There is a size (kb) limit. You'd need to check the rules thread for it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh yeah...Killer is dead is out, isn't it? man. I just realized I have heard pretty much nothing ABOUT the game.

I still want to get it eventually, because Suda.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Killer is dead does look very pretty with its art style.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Oh yeah...Killer is dead is out, isn't it? man. I just realized I have heard pretty much nothing ABOUT the game.

This effectively summarizes it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

Only slightly. I mean, it's a suda game. I expect shit like that. I meant...I don't know what kind of game it is. I'm guessing hack and slash from the screenshots but....I have legitimately heard absolutely nothing about the game.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Only slightly. I mean, it's a suda game. I expect shit like that. I meant...I don't know what kind of game it is. I'm guessing hack and slash from the screenshots but....I have legitimately heard absolutely nothing about the game.

It's 50% that, 50% hack and slash. It's a lot like No More Heroes 1 without the waggle.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

It's 50% that, 50% hack and slash. It's a lot like No More Heroes 1 without the waggle.
    Well, now I want it more. Hrm. Sucks that I'll have to wait two weeks, but I guess it's alright.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular

Hmmm.
    Hmmmmmmmm.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Got back into Dragon Age after leaving it for a bit (short bursts of playtime don't lend themselves well to immersive RPGs, it seems.) I'm barely scratching the beginning it seems.

I used to love them as a console gamer, but since switching to PC my backlog it just too big.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »

I used to love them as a console gamer, but since switching to PC my backlog it just too big.

I say that too, but I keep playing Morrowind despite having put about 1500 hours into it.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I've only got 14 hours left to make a decision on Nidhogg. Should I buy it? Or should I wait for a deeper sale? Sell me on it, Steam thread!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I've only got 14 hours left to make a decision on Nidhogg. Should I buy it? Or should I wait for a deeper sale? Sell me on it, Steam thread!

Do you have:
    A.) A couch
    B.) A big TV to hook up your PC to
    C.) Two controllers
    D.) A sizable group of rowdy friends to have loud, drunken Nidhogg tournaments with

If you answered yes to all of these, you should buy it immediately.
    If you answered no to one or more, you can probably give it a miss.

That said, I'm going to go play Nidhogg... it's been a while. <_<;

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with "No More Heroes". What games are Killer is Dead similar to?

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Blast, must I corrupt my darling new setup to play GTAIV? I know I can disable it, but its the principle of the thing to have a single line of GFWL on my hard drives.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

But Suda didn't do anything on it. They just stuck his name on it.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with "No More Heroes". What games are Killer is Dead similar to?

I'm watching a dude stream it right now.
    Weird to relate, but I'm getting a strong "Phantasy Star Online" vibe from it.

• Options
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

. . . I'm not familiar with that game either. :cold_sweat:

Can I have the link to the stream? I added it to the ol' Wishlist based on the trailer visuals alone (I had it muted) but I'd like to get a bit more background on it before I raise, lower or deleted it from said wishlist. ;)

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Well, yeah. But that's basically been his role SINCE No more heroes. Also he aparently wrote it, so *shrug*

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

Can I have the link to the stream? I added it to the ol' Wishlist based on the trailer visuals alone (I had it muted) but I'd like to get a bit more background on it before I raise, lower or deleted it from said wishlist. ;)

• Options
    I just visited a GTA4 mods website....I think I'm blind.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Oh, hey, people with animated gif avatars.

Are there specific rules/limitations for how many frames, or size, to set your avatars to animate?

<-- is an animated gif but the forum isn't animating it. I'm guessing it is too many frames or something? Is there an outline anywhere about this?

There is a size (kb) limit. You'd need to check the rules thread for it

Well, I went and made it substantially smaller and it works now so yay me! I can now adequately display my constant displeasure with the going ons in the world via Louis CK!

:lol:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options

That looks like a lot of fun. :D

• Options

Well, yeah. But that's basically been his role SINCE No more heroes. Also he aparently wrote it, so *shrug*

His name has been slapped on almost everything since NMH1, but he came up with the concept for KID and helped(emphasize helped) write it. It's definitely the best GHM game since NMH1.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

IIRC its mechanics are most like Devil May Cry, in that its a third person combo based beat-em-up.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    I was just served a "what's new" ad on Steam's streaming capabilities, so I'm guessing Steamboxes have just inched a bit closer. I hope they drop soon, I am fighting off a PC refresh in deference to just buying a high end Steambox for the living room. I'll then stream from the living room to the office instead :D

• Options
    @Drake and some other people in Steam chat helped me find out some other Metroidvanias I might enjoy after beating Guacamelee. Teslagrad is highest on my list, followed by Saira, then UnEpic (maybe, I don't really do early access games), then a smattering of others like Knytt Underground, Aquaria, and Aztaka.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    @Drake and some other people in Steam chat helped me find out some other Metroidvanias I might enjoy after beating Guacamelee. Teslagrad is highest on my list, followed by Saira, then UnEpic (maybe, I don't really do early access games), then a smattering of others like Knytt Underground, Aquaria, and Aztaka.

Saira is rad. Glad someone else knows it exists!

Valdis Story is probably what you're after.
    Or La Mulana.
    Spelunky... kinda. It's not *really* a Metroidvania, but it is an adventure platformer made by the guy who did Aquaria.
    Strider.
    Dust: An Elysian Tail which is currently on sale for less than $4
    Cave Story, if you haven't played it yet.

Also, http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Metroidvania/

Edit: Oops. Misread your post as a request.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Because I'm a big controller fan, I do want to mention that Aztaka is not controller supported, though if you feel the need a game profiler should suit those needs. Aquaria works wonderfully as a mouse-based Metroidvania. I am not familiar with the control schemes of the others.

Happily, I now have another demo to play in the form of Teslagrad. :D Also also, there is the free, original Knytt; also note that person has made just a few other games. ;)

And, if Metroidvanias are your thing, you might try these; Three games by a game maker called Buster. Akuji the Demon and Hydra Castle Labyrinth are Metroidvanias. Akuji is very traditional in this respect, with power-ups, collectibles and the like, and you play as a little vampire. Hydra Castle Labyrinth is less forgiving and gives no direction; find the pick first is all I can say. ;) The third game, Guardians of Paradise, is a Zelda-like game. Not specifically Metroidvania, but if you enjoy the power-uping and puzzle solving of those games, it's great. All are very simple, all have translation patches already applied and all were released for free by the maker, so no guilt involved in playing them. I know they aren't specifically Steam games, but they are fun, and free, and all are short. The only one I haven't gotten through is Hydra Castle Labyrinth; the other two take about 5-7 hours total, if you are trying to get every last little thing.

Good luck on more of the funs!

As for myself, I'm about to travel down to the 10th of 13 floors in the Legend of Grimrock. I've taken to finishing a floor, then checking a walkthrough to see if I missed any secrets. I sometimes miss one or two, but I'm also neurotic about looking for switches, buttons and such. And I'm still enjoying it, too. ;)

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I got stuck on that Lava planet in Saira, I think I traveled in the wrong direction.

edit: Just reached Arcadia, Murder everyone, snap pictures.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @RoyceSraphim for Dust: An Elysian Tail.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Big thanks to @Heatwave for Gunpoint, hilarious demo.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yay, Master Levels of Doom 2 is done; another one off the list!

1 down, 39 to go. :P

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Someone mentioned Iji a few pages back, which reminded me that I had downloaded it approximately a billion years and one computer ago and still had it, so I finished that tonight.

It was pretty satisfying! Kinda ugly, in need of a run button, and over reliant on knockdown effects, but it has more depth than I expected, including unpronounced reactions in dialogue and datalog based on your actions. Also, its final tally taunts you with the secrets you missed. 2/10? Ugh, rookie.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Someone mentioned Iji a few pages back, which reminded me that I had downloaded it approximately a billion years and one computer ago and still had it, so I finished that tonight.

It was pretty satisfying! Kinda ugly, in need of a run button, and over reliant on knockdown effects, but it has more depth than I expected, including unpronounced reactions in dialogue and datalog based on your actions. Also, its final tally taunts you with the secrets you missed. 2/10? Ugh, rookie.
    Yeah, there's the ribbon collection, the poster collection, and something else. Each of which means taking certain skills an knowing ahead of time. The exact sort of neurotic behavior that drives people to 100% games for cheevos

Now play it again
    except don't murder anyone for the first quarter of the game and try to keep some rebels alive at the end.

• Options

"Heh...you...you can't scare me like that, Dan. For a moment, I thought they had you..."

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    So @CorriganX‌ has piled Dead Island: Epidemic on top of my burgeoning moba addiction. DOTA 2 is becoming an obsession but I can definitely see myself playing DI:E for a more chilled out experience.

edit: Oh yeah. Thanks. Jerk.

Drake on
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut got added to your library if you own the original. Sucks that the devs got pressured in to doing that.

• Options

Iji's on steam? But yeah, fantastic game.

wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.