As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 05/21/2014 - Skish

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited May 2014 in Graphic Violence
Saga #19 Saga returns!
XnlTDkC.jpg

With a gut punch!
LaaUteY.jpg

Ultimate FF #2 Well, you certainly have a type.
j7hxONc.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Yay, been waiting for the motw thread ( yes yes I know I coulda made it myself but whatever!)

Amazing X-Men #7

This is one of the craziest , but in a good way, one shots I've read in a long time, I was laughing out loud at the insanity many times. Also, it's a reunion of Spidey, Firestar and Iceman!

While shopping for snacks for the gameday party at the Mansion, Angie and Bobby discover something extra in their bags
    AmazingX-Men1_zps7a9819c8.jpg

But Spidey was already on the case!
    AmazingX-Men2_zps9b251419.jpg

But this is no ordinary case, because this is all to save
    AmazingX-Men3_zpsf499302e.jpg

Poor Bobby
    AmazingX-Men4_zpsbafaf0b4.jpg

edit: And this is barely halfway through the issue, it gets even crazier, I loved it even if it hurt my brain a little at parts.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Maybe it is time to give Spider-Man another shot. He still seems aimed at a younger demo, but that was funny as Hell.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya it was just a straight up 100% funny issue, but like all ages humor, but not 'all ages because there's 1-2 adult jokes slipped in to otherwise kiddy stuff' truly just funny for every age stupid hilarity

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    "Let it go. It's not good for your Chakra alignment."

Hehe. Spidey quips are always the best

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Oh Saga, why do you gotta hurt me like that?
    And can someone give me the rundown on how Peter kicked Doc Oc out of his head?

• Options
    It hits us because it loves us.

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Doc Oc gave up control of Peter's mind willingly because he realized he was not Superior after all. He concluded that he would never be as good as Peter after failing as Spiderman... Something like that

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Armoroc wrote: »
    Doc Oc gave up control of Peter's mind willingly because he realized he was not Superior after all. He concluded that he would never be as good as Peter after failing as Spiderman... Something like that

One big part
    was that the current bad guy was the Green Goblin, who was tearing up New York at the time and running circles around Octavius. Otto decided that Peter was the only one who could defeat the Goblin.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh, couldn't think of a MOTW for this week, then remembered this:

Amazing Spider-Man 02
    So Peter's back in his body, and he's cleaning up after Ock.

One big part of said clean-up involves telling Ock's girlfriend, Anna Maria (who just discovered Peter Parker is Spider-Man) about the whole brain-switch thing.

He does, and she seems to take it well, then leaves for a bit to be alone with her thoughts.

Later on, at Parker Industries, this happens:

asm_02_13.jpg

I just about shit myself.

Then it's immediately followed up with this:
    asm_02_13_p2.jpg

Jesus, Anna Maria...

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    If she were telling the truth, shouldn't his spidey sense gone off first?

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Wait.....what?
    Unless the baby was like, a face hugging reptile from another dimension, no, no it wouldn't

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I really like Anna Maria, and the fact that her size has never been made an issue is even better.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I really like Anna Maria, and the fact that her size has never been made an issue is even better.

I really like her too. Though in fact, her size was made an issue once - Spock took her over to Aunt May's for dinner (having never mentioned her size because, to Otto, it truly didn't matter) and May was all 'well, have you thought what the children be like?' Even beloved Aunt May was thrown a little off her game.

I found the entire scene totally adorable.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

Wait.....what?
    Unless the baby was like, a face hugging reptile from another dimension, no, no it wouldn't
    "What the-? Spider sense tingling... holy shit, the fetus has a gun!"
    Now I'm picturing a clever foe taking advantage of the fact that pregnancy sets off his spidey sense, like Norman Osborn arranges a meeting with Peter Parker at a hospital, right as a Lamaze class is happening in the next room, and he can't tell if the tingling is from babies, or Norman about to spring a devious trap.
    With babies.
    What does it say about me that I was trying to figure out whether she was afflicted with dwarfism, or it was just bad art?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    What does it say about me that I was trying to figure out whether she was afflicted with dwarfism, or it was just bad art?
    Probably that you've seen a lot more bad art in comics than you have dwarfs.

see317 on
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    gimli.jpg

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Speaking as someone who likes Humberto Ramos' art... it says that you are a size nazi.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    The art is fabulous, but I forget what it was I was looking at a couple weeks ago, but the perspectives were awful, the character model seeming to change every panel and it totally would've been a situation where you would've thought a character was significantly smaller than another, but it was actually just a really lousy job on the perspective.