As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    signature.png

Runs til Friday. Open to PA group.

Composed of 8 games:

Empire: Total War
    Medieval II: Total War
    Napoleon: Total War
    Rome: Total War
    Total War Battles: SHOGUN
    Total War: SHOGUN 2
    Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai
    Viking: Battle of Asgard

Please only enter if you own less than 6 of them.

Also, I'm putting the following restriction on entry (and if someone doesn't read the description, enters, and wins, I'll request a re-roll): please make sure (Number of posts on PA forums + number of Steamgifts giveaways created) > (Number of Steamgifts entries entered).

I've noticed that it's largely the same group of people entering and winning giveaways - just trying to break that up a bit and give other folks a bit more of a chance :)

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I don't think the "Number of posts on PA forums" is going to be much of a limitation unless that "number of thousands of posts on PA forums" :P

I will be the first to enter though

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Huh, that's weird that they included Viking in that Humble Bundle Total War collection.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Huh, that's weird that they included Viking in that Humble Bundle Total War collection.

It's been part of the bundle for a while. I did the Grand Master collection as a giveaway in the Winter Sale, and it was part of that, too. I think it uses the same engine or something.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    I don't think the "Number of posts on PA forums" is going to be much of a limitation unless that "number of thousands of posts on PA forums" :P

I should hit 25k posts in the next few days, I think I'm safe to enter :P

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Not Steam (thought the discount page has "steam" in the link), I know people have talked about it here in the past, Pinnacle Profiler is on sale for $5

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Not Steam (thought the discount page has "steam" in the link), I know people have talked about it here in the past, Pinnacle Profiler is on sale for $5

Hmm...this is pretty tempting. I think the only games I ever used the trial version for were the old Prince of Persia games and the LoK games...still...probably worth the $5; I seem to recall liking it better than joy2key or whatever that other major one was calle

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    I am so happy to hear more people hooked on Dead Island Epidemic. I've been having a great time playing the horde modes and Scavenger.

@Ed Gruberman‌ I almost want to say don't wait on ME2. ME2 is so good. I'm waiting on another computer finally finish 3. But 2 is soo great. Do every loyalty quest! It's so worth it!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

It's been part of the bundle for a while. I did the Grand Master collection as a giveaway in the Winter Sale, and it was part of that, too. I think it uses the same engine or something.

He did, and I won. I've only barely played any of them because I suck at focusing on a game for GUYS LETS GO RIDE BIKES.

<3

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    A couple of giveaways for you fine folks:

signature.png

signature.png

Good luck!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @MuddBudd‌ Did you accept Bad Rats? I can still see it in my inventory.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Yes, that is a good price. Yes it is a good program. Yes, anyone get it if you're thinking about it. ;)

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so i'm really far behind on games

finished super house of dead ninjas and i realize I don't know the alternate ending

you're given two choices at the end. does anyone know both?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

Seems like an easy way to exclude russian spies, probably fairer than using a contributor limit like I usually do as well.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    speaking of gifting.

is there a working steamgifts extension?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Reposting before I go to bed. It ends in two days, technically, so get your votes in if you haven't.
    Madican wrote: »
    The Steam Birthday Creature Feature contest is over! I now present six entries vying for the prize. Voting will last for a week from tomorrow, so ending 11:59 PST (PDT) on the 28th. I'll be using a standard Internet poll thing, since I am hoping no one here will attempt to cheat the results.

Please do not state which one is yours, the anonymity is intended to help ensure fair voting. Ready? Here we go! Just as a note, I'm counting the first one as a single entry since it's the same character.

1 - The Real Solaire - http://imgur.com/a/Qgwy6#0
    2 - The Bad Tooth Fairy - http://imgur.com/Lsy1kHV
    3 - The Bilious Squamonator ("Billy") - http://imgur.com/2lDaSVR
    4 - Vampire - http://imgur.com/0W42UKR
    5 - Bad Dancer - http://imgur.com/27zZNn7
    6 - Deformed - http://imgur.com/oAtlvZn

LET THE NIGHTMARES COMMENCE!

EDIT: Would help if I linked the poll wouldn't it?

http://poll.pollcode.com/52924126

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    I just started Darksiders and Liam O'Brian being the voice of everyone everywhere is getting jarring. Same with Mark Hamil, though he is far more interesting to listen to.

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    I just started Darksiders and Liam O'Brian being the voice of everyone everywhere is getting jarring. Same with Mark Hamil, though he is far more interesting to listen to.

I've been watching the new season of 24, and it only clicked with me last week that the actor who plays Adrian Cross (Michael Wincott) is the voice of Death from Darksiders 2. I knew I recognized it but just couldn't place it.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    That Total War collection... specifically on Humble... is that going to give you one giant Steam key or multiple keys, like one per game?

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    That damn @Isorn keeps gifting me games! First he gifts me Day 1 Garry's Incident because I refuse to believe how bad it is. Then he feels bad and gifts me Pool Nation. Just won't stop!

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    For the record. I ended up buying a bundle that had Day One in it. Almost didn't buy it because it is an awful game with terrible devs. But the other games looked neat.

Shame there is no option to not give money to the Day One devs and still buy the bundle.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Yes, that is a good price. Yes it is a good program. Yes, anyone get it if you're thinking about it. ;)
    Downloaded, trial'd, tested, tweaked, bought'd. Well worth three quid in Limeybucks! I had been mildly surprised at how (relatively) few games actually support the 360 controller natively; the list isn't short, I know, but there are notable omissions that would benefit from the option, so having this to fill in the gaps will probably be very useful.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I am so happy to hear more people hooked on Dead Island Epidemic. I've been having a great time playing the horde modes and Scavenger.

@Ed Gruberman‌ I almost want to say don't wait on ME2. ME2 is so good. I'm waiting on another computer finally finish 3. But 2 is soo great. Do every loyalty quest! It's so worth it!

Oh I'll get to it. Don't you worry. I just don't want to OD on it right away, though I noticed @bloodatonement went through all three pretty much consecutively which is quite an impressive feat and a whole lot of Mass Effect.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options

Oh I'll get to it. Don't you worry. I just don't want to OD on it right away, though I noticed @bloodatonement went through all three pretty much consecutively which is quite an impressive feat and a whole lot of Mass Effect.

One of the advantages to going through all three games in a row, I imagine, is all the little references they make to the previous games. I am glad I replayed ME2 and jumped right into ME3, because there are some minor characters I probably would have forgotten about who show up again or are referenced in ME3. I am also glad I replayed ME2 because my first playthrough in that game resulted in some deaths which would have impacted some nice character interactions in ME3.

• Options
    OD? On Mass Effect? Unpossible.

• Options
    I've already got Dark Souls 2 and Saints Row The Third on the go but I will fire up ME2 once those are out of the way. Fortunately I should be able to fit in a little more game time tonight as my wife didn't get a chance to watch <shudder>... The Bachelorette last night. I can't believe that show is 2 hours every week.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Playing all three Mass Effect games right in a row is the correct choice. :D I have done it about 6 times now.....

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options

I did and it was amazing. Gameplay changes between games was a bit jarring, but I can't imagine experiencing the story any other way.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @Ed Gruberman - Just one thing... I just hope you were nice to
    Conrad Verner
    , because
    Nope, not even giving it away in spoiler tags.

Jazz on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    which one is Conrad Verner? I think I may have pissed him off, actually.

I seem to recall being too good for him or something.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just looked him up. I suspect he didn't make it although I don't remember hearing that.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Dangit, now I want to go back and buy the Citadel DLC

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I will probably go back and check out the Citadel DLC eventually. I had the From Ashes DLC installed and was pretty glad about it. I also had Levaithan. Didn't bother with Omega; I'm not too interested in where that particular story goes.

One thing I didn't miss in ME3 was the hacking/bypass minigames. Even though it was improved from ME1 --> ME2, it still got pretty tedious to do by the end.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Playing all three Mass Effect games right in a row is the correct choice. :D I have done it about 6 times now.....

I played through 1 more times than I can remember.
    I only played through 2 and 3 once each.

There are very good things in 2 and 3, and a lot of improvements to the inventory and combat systems that, frankly, were necessary. But neither of the other games had the same feel as ME1. The first game spent a lot of time building a universe and evoking a sense of wonder about the whole thing. I mean, look at the Citadel approach from ME1 (early spoiler, I guess): ME1 goes out of it's way to say "Holy shit you guys we're in SPAAAAAACE!!!" and it's awesome and wonderful and scary and nothing you could have predicted, but that is lost in the second and third games, because by then it's all old hat, "Oh, yeah, Citadel, whatever, been there done that" and it's all about raising the stakes and focusing on the action set pieces instead of the fact that you're a Big Gorram Hero... IN SPACE!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I dunno, the first time you see the Citadel in all three games is usually an impressive shot with the "right" music accompanying it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    My cakeday approaches! In keeping with tradition, I bring presents!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png
    3x copies of skullgirls! Let's see some PAGT matches!

signature.png

signature.png

Unfortunately, I've reached my maximum gift listing, and I have leftovers. I will add another round once these finish! Open to PAGT, ends on Friday noon. Good luck to all!

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Man, thanks to Steam giveaways during sales, I managed to get around to the most recent Tomb Raider. That was an amazingly fun game! I thoroughly enjoyed this game and am looking forward to 100%ing the hidden collectibles. The environments were spot on! Going to try the latest Prince of Persia after I get sick of Tropico 5.
    Tldr: go play the latest Tomb Raider!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »

I played through 1 more times than I can remember.
    I only played through 2 and 3 once each.

There are very good things in 2 and 3, and a lot of improvements to the inventory and combat systems that, frankly, were necessary. But neither of the other games had the same feel as ME1. The first game spent a lot of time building a universe and evoking a sense of wonder about the whole thing. I mean, look at the Citadel approach from ME1 (early spoiler, I guess): ME1 goes out of it's way to say "Holy shit you guys we're in SPAAAAAACE!!!" and it's awesome and wonderful and scary and nothing you could have predicted, but that is lost in the second and third games, because by then it's all old hat, "Oh, yeah, Citadel, whatever, been there done that" and it's all about raising the stakes and focusing on the action set pieces instead of the fact that you're a Big Gorram Hero... IN SPACE!

I feel like ME1 was universe building, while ME2-3 were world building. The universe was cool and big and new, but fairly empty in 1. Where 2 and 3 had these amazing worlds, but getting there was fairly stream lined, so the sense of wonder from a large, open universe was missing.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I recently finished Arkham Origins. Thanks to @Scratchy‌ for that! It wasn't much different from Arkham City, but it was more of the same brawling and stealthing fun! I also finished Marlow Briggs. I believe @jclast gave me that little gem a while back. It's a short and fun game in the vein of God of War and Darksiders. Both games get a thumbs up!

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    All of you talking about finishing ME3 are big fat liars. The third game hasn't come out! It's like Bioware and Valve have a conspiracy to not come out with a 3rd game in a series.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.