As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    All of you talking about finishing ME3 are big fat liars. The third game hasn't come out! It's like Bioware and Valve have a conspiracy to not come out with a 3rd game in a series.

Finally, the voice of sanity here in the Steam thread.

;)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Is maximum gift listing anything like nirvana?

steam_sig.png
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Is maximum gift listing anything like nirvana?

Its quite the opposite. Its like, you're being punished for listing!

steam_sig.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Speaking of Mass Effect, after Dragon Age I want to start my full ME run. I've already finished up to ME2, but never got any of the DLC there.

Anyone knows if at any time in modern, written history has there ever been any BWpoints discounts? It's just so insane that I can buy the entire trilogy for cheaper than DLCs for only one game...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    Didn't see this posted. GMG has Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara for $3.74. 4 Pack also on sale for $11.24. I'm not sure when the sale ends.

steam_sig.png
    Drovek wrote: »
    Speaking of Mass Effect, after Dragon Age I want to start my full ME run. I've already finished up to ME2, but never got any of the DLC there.

Anyone knows if at any time in modern, written history has there ever been any BWpoints discounts? It's just so insane that I can buy the entire trilogy for cheaper than DLCs for only one game...

They've been on sale at Amazon one time that I can recall. I don't remember how much they sold it for though.

steam_sig.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Didn't see this posted. GMG has Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara for $3.74. 4 Pack also on sale for $11.24. I'm not sure when the sale ends.

That was the exact sale price Amazon had it on over the weekend! :smiley:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Ah cool. I didn't see that sale.

steam_sig.png
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Last call for these! These end today at some point that I don't currently feel like looking up, so now is the time!
    Who wants some games?

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

PA G&T Adventure Team only. Ends next Tuesday at some point...

steam_sig.png
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Dangit, now I want to go back and buy the Citadel DLC
    You should. It is so good. Full disclosure, it is fanservice-y. Very. (But as kind of befits a grand farewell that came out a year after its base game.) But, oh man, so, so good.
    SteevL wrote: »
    I will probably go back and check out the Citadel DLC eventually. I had the From Ashes DLC installed and was pretty glad about it. I also had Levaithan. Didn't bother with Omega; I'm not too interested in where that particular story goes.

One thing I didn't miss in ME3 was the hacking/bypass minigames. Even though it was improved from ME1 --> ME2, it still got pretty tedious to do by the end.
    Omega's the weakest of the ME3 DLCs, but it's still good. By comparison, I'd say it's Arrival/Overlord good, but not Shadow Broker good.

From Ashes is a must, and thankfully now can be had cheap as Origin includes it in the "Deluxe Edition Upgrade" that brings the base game up to the CE level (I have the CE on 360, and the DE on PC includes all the digital extras, as well as digital versions of some of the physical extras). Not sure what the price is in US$, but in UK£ it was 9.99 for the game and 4.99 5.00 for the upgrade, or 34.99 for just getting the same thing in one package. Nicely thought-out, EA!

Yeah, here it is screenshot'd, with the Trilogy set for comparison...
    rkk4xe8up9d4.jpg

DE/CE's also worth having as it is for Robodog and Shepard's N7 hoodie. (This is why fanservice doesn't bother me. ;) )

Jazz on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Tropico Trilogy
    Loading...?

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

Kind of.

XBL has sales on points once in a while, which are used to buy the DLC on the 360. There's never been a sale on points as far as the PC market is concerned though. The best you can do is buy the DLC on Amazon, which gives you the exact amount of points you need, instead of having to buy a block and do the math.

sig.gif
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Ah cool. I didn't see that sale.

The only reason I knew about it was my ITAD; I had it on the ol' Wishlist. :D

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

Kind of.

XBL has sales on points once in a while, which are used to buy the DLC on the 360. There's never been a sale on points as far as the PC market is concerned though. The best you can do is buy the DLC on Amazon, which gives you the exact amount of points you need, instead of having to buy a block and do the math.

Sure there has. ;)

Such sales are as rare as a smiling Bad Rats player, but it does happen. Amazon has sold the Bioware points on sale once or twice (like half off?), and [very] occasionally EA or Bioware will put up a discount on points bundles - those tend to be unannounced though, as far as I have seen.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Sorce wrote: »

Kind of.

Sure there has. ;)

Such sales are as rare as a smiling Bad Rats player, but it does happen. Amazon has sold the Bioware points on sale once or twice (like half off?), and [very] occasionally EA or Bioware will put up a discount on points bundles - those tend to be unannounced though, as far as I have seen.

I believe the best deal Amazon had re:ME DLC was the ME2 DLC collection (game plus points for all story dlc) for $25 (with $5 off coupon) back in January

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    What are the chances Skyrim goes on sale for 5 dollars again anytime soon?

Edit: I feel spoiled now, and now five bucks is my limit for that game. Damn website issues!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    There's an Audiosurf 2? Is it significantly better than 1?

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Edit: I feel spoiled now, and now five bucks is my limit for that game. Damn website issues!

It kind of blows my mind that people will balk at paying more than pocket change for a game that will easily give you a few hundred hours (or 1000+ for some people) of solid, satisfying, AAA content...

Oh Gaben, what have you done?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    48 SEGA Classics games at amazon for $5.

They do NOT come with Steam keys, however, if comments are to be believed, if you also pick up SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 5 (which does not seem to overlap with the 48 games at all), then put the downloaded files from the above purchase into the same folder, all the games will be accessible via the Steam launcher for Classics Pack 5.

e: IGNORE THIS POST, LOOK AT HIT BIT'S BELOW

Jragghen on

Summer dale. Virtually guaranteed. So, soon.

Just a heads up folks new episode of The Wolf Among Us is live.

steam_sig.png
    Jragghen wrote: »

They do NOT come with Steam keys, however, if comments are to be believed, if you also pick up SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 5 (which does not seem to overlap with the 48 games at all), then put the downloaded files from the above purchase into the same folder, all the games will be accessible via the Steam launcher for Classics Pack 5.

That seems risky.

but at the same time.

steam_sig.png
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    The new Bundle Stars bundle for $2 is:

Tropico Trilogy
    Hard Reset Extended Edition
    Combat Wings: Battle of Britain
    Inquisitor Deluxe Edition
    Zeno Clash 2
    The First Templar

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »

Tropico Trilogy
    Zeno Clash 2
    The First Templar

What's the word on a Inquisitor? I seem to remember it was...divisive?

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Damn, I missed the Teleglitch sale, didn't I? It's listed under Specials, but it's no longer 66% off. Hrm. There's always hope for the Summer Sale I guess?

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    @Fawst - I don't know what regular price you were looking for exactly but Amazon has the Mac version for $4.42 (66% off)

Says it requires Steam so, if I understand things correctly, you just get the code and it works on PC too.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    I just started Darksiders and Liam O'Brian being the voice of everyone everywhere is getting jarring. Same with Mark Hamil, though he is far more interesting to listen to.

Counterpoint: After playing Darksiders, every character he voices is secretly War! It makes many games so much better. :lol:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    WARNING!
    Go HERE to get the same pack on Amazon WITH Steam keys.

You can also buy a different pack which includes SEGA Genesis Classics Series 5 instead of the Sonic and Toe Jam & Earl games for $6 with Steam keys HERE.

Also, those packs include separate keys for each of the Classic Series/Sonic/Toe Jam & Earl games.

HiT BiT on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    @Fawst - I don't know what regular price you were looking for exactly but Amazon has the Mac version for $4.42 (66% off)

Says it requires Steam so, if I understand things correctly, you just get the code and it works on PC too.

That's exactly what price I was looking at earlier :) Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    And now this is completely moot. Thanks @HiT BiT‌!

Jragghen on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    an_alt wrote: »

Tropico Trilogy
    Zeno Clash 2
    The First Templar

What's the word on a Inquisitor? I seem to remember it was...divisive?

Divisive between 'meh' and 'not good' maybe. I don't think the game had a champion the last time we heard from folks who had played it.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »

I'd pay $4 for Force Unleashed.

I most certainly would NOT pay $5 for AC3.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The new Humble Bundle is up. Turns out that I already had Galcon Fusion.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=SUDmPNYXk4WxVmNd

Couscous wrote: »

Thanks @Couscous‌ , I grabbed this!

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

not even for the sake of curiosity? That bad, huh?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited May 2014
    Couscous wrote: »

Thanks @Couscous‌ , I grabbed this!

That game is so awesome.

I didn't care for Legends so much, but Fusion is brilliant.

Jazz on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Are there any open world games where commanding your subordinates is more interesting and dynamic that Saints Row The Third's Cell Phone?

Houn wrote: »

not even for the sake of curiosity? That bad, huh?

This thread seems torn on AC3. I've heard some people praise it, and some people hate it.

steam_sig.png
    WARNING!
    Go HERE to get the same pack on Amazon WITH Steam keys.

You can also buy a different pack which includes SEGA Genesis Classics Series 5 instead of the Sonic and Toe Jam & Earl games for $6 with Steam keys HERE.

Also, those packs include separate keys for each of the Classic Series/Sonic/Toe Jam & Earl games.

i don't understand which one i should download.

help ._.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.