As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Everything included in the pseudo-GotY edition bundle? Who do you think Ubisoft is, Bethesda?

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Couponsyo_zpsf231d0d6.jpg

First come, first served

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Okay, guys. I've been very fortunate over the last few weeks to have won a surprising amount of your giveaways, but have also been in some financial bother so haven't really been able to reciprocate. Thankfully now, I'm able to give at least a little something back. So here, I hope some of you guys want these:

signature.png
    (This is the Complete Edition of XCOM, including Enemy Within and the other DLCs)

signature.png

Open to Adventure Team as seems to be the standard.

New page repost!

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    an_alt wrote: »
    The new Bundle Stars bundle for $2 is:

Tropico Trilogy
    Hard Reset Extended Edition
    Combat Wings: Battle of Britain
    Inquisitor Deluxe Edition
    Zeno Clash 2
    The First Templar

What's the word on a Inquisitor? I seem to remember it was...divisive?

Its pretty bad. The controls are abysmal, the combat is difficult and seemingly pointless, the plot is aimless. Supposedly if you can get into it its good, but its a lot to get into when there are many many other games of its ilk which you can much more easily get into. The idea seems like it would be good (because there are so few times where you get to legitimately play a character who is "period good" versus "modern liberal good") but its execution is far below average.

Basically, take Baldur's Gate 1 EE. Worse UI than that. Worse combat than that. Worse story than that (i think). Worse leveling/items/progression than that. And BG is like the low point in terms of "UI I can suffer through in order to get through the story"

wbBv3fj.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Wait. Are you all saying there's no definitive "all in one bundle" for even a single one of the Mass Effect games? What kind of horseshit is that? I mean, I'd even understand a slight bump in price, (though let's be realistic, the first one is 7 years old) but to just say, "no, fuck you, pay for it piecemeal" almost 5+ years after the fact for two of the three games in question seems like the biggest fuck you I can think of in recent memory of games.

Edit: Then again, I don't even see the DLC on Steam, which smells like more EA/Origin bullshit. God does it irk me that Bioware is part and parcel of them now.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loF8Q15b2-I&feature=kp
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loF8Q15b2-I&feature=kp

these end in a few hours. i've never played sonic 3D blast. somehow. i was too slow in my youth to pick it up. now's your chance.

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I paid full price for all three Mass Effect games - they were all Day One Purchases. I bought every bit of paid DLC they would push into my grasping, desperate hands.

Worth every penny.

I regret nothing.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Wait. Are you all saying there's no definitive "all in one bundle" for even a single one of the Mass Effect games? What kind of horseshit is that? I mean, I'd even understand a slight bump in price, (though let's be realistic, the first one is 7 years old) but to just say, "no, fuck you, pay for it piecemeal" almost 5+ years after the fact for two of the three games in question seems like the biggest fuck you I can think of in recent memory of games.

Edit: Then again, I don't even see the DLC on Steam, which smells like more EA/Origin bullshit. God does it irk me that Bioware is part and parcel of them now.

The strange thing is that Dragon Age Ultimate exists and it includes everything, but nothing of the sort exists for Mass Effect (with the exception of the first one, but that's because both DLCs are free now.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    Drovek wrote: »

The strange thing is that Dragon Age Ultimate exists and it includes everything, but nothing of the sort exists for Mass Effect (with the exception of the first one, but that's because both DLCs are free now.)

Also annoying: I can play the first DA on Steam, but not the second because . . . reasons?

I really would like to see EA get taken down a peg or sixty.

edited May 2014

I'm not sure if Bring Down the Sky is just included as part and parcel of ME1 now, but even if not, it is at least free. That's a definitive-ish edition, of course, as Pinnacle Station, the only other DLC for ME1, actually makes the game worse. ;)

In all seriousness, though, no, there isn't. The PS3 version of ME2 (which includes Kasumi's Stolen Memory, Lair of the Shadow Broker, and Overlord) is closest but it's still missing Arrival, IIRC. But for PC and 360, and any edition of ME3, nope, no dice. And yes, it sucks hard. Especially considering the very existence of Dragon Age: Origins: Ultimate Colons Edition, which is also under the EA banner.

The ME2 DLC was never on Steam. Had to redeem through Bioware Social with Bioware Points and install each one through its own exe and by the Gods that was a lot of hoops to jump through. Origin, to its credit, streamlined it a lot for the ME3 stuff.

EDIT: beat'd.

Jazz on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I paid full price for all three Mass Effect games - they were all Day One Purchases. I bought every bit of paid DLC they would push into my grasping, desperate hands.

Worth every penny.

I regret nothing.

It helps that some of the Mass Effect DLC is among the best DLC in gaming.

s7Imn5J.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Worth every penny.

I regret nothing.

I completely agree.

However, doing it a second time...nah. The 360 version is perfectly sufficient to not warrant the absurd price of rebuying the entirety of DLC for 2 and 3, until EA gets really bored and decides to do a 'complete' version.

The first, on the PC, comes with 'all' of the DLC, which isn't saying much since it's just two things (one is good, the other...meh). So I guess that's something?

As others said, 2 only comes with the Cerberus Network stuff, i.e. a very small amount of DLC. 3 doesn't come with anything except the free multiplayer dlc, which, granted, is fun as shit; but yeah.

And you can't buy the DLC for 2 on Steam because it's all sold in-game with bioware bucks; afaik that was one of the finer points of contention between EA and Valve, not just for the ME games, which resulted in Origin at all.

The DLC's virtually never go on sale on the PC, but they are sold on Amazon now, so I suppose if you had a gift card you didn't have anything else to use on?

IIRC, for all the DLC for 2 and 3 you're looking at upwards of $100 USD, so that $10 for the trilogy isn't quite the deal.

That, of course, is not to say that the series requires the DLC's. They vastly improve things, yes, but you still will certainly get 100+ hours of gameplay from the base games themselves.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Worth every penny.

I regret nothing.

It helps that some of the Mass Effect DLC is among the best DLC in gaming.
    Too bad every single one of them is more than that trilogy pack. Each.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2014

Worth every penny.

I regret nothing.

All three 360 CEs pre-ordered here. US versions; 1 & 2 when I was living there (1 is stupid rare in US trim now), 3 imported after I came back to the UK and it arrived a day before the UK release (!). All DLC bought on day one as well. I, too, regret nothing.

The PC versions I picked up later on the cheap, adding DLC here and there so as to avoid sticker shock. And if I had a PS3 (one of these days!) I'd have them on that too. I think I have a problem.

Jazz on
    At least this lets me know how far off Mass Effect is in my priority list, i.e. pretty fucking low. I'm usually not a sci-fi guy to begin with (I totally consider Star Wars "fantasy"), and all the rigamarole bullshit to get all the pieces makes me less than enthused to play the games at all. Like, maybe I'll check back on them in another 3+ years.

At least this lets me know how far off Mass Effect is in my priority list, i.e. pretty fucking low. I'm usually not a sci-fi guy to begin with (I totally consider Star Wars "fantasy"), and all the rigamarole bullshit to get all the pieces makes me less than enthused to play the games at all. Like, maybe I'll check back on them in another 3+ years.
    You'd think one person at EA would notice the DA:O:UE thing.

Just one.

And a cartoon lightbulb would go on over their head.

HiT BiT wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    48 SEGA Classics games at amazon for $5.
    They do NOT come with Steam keys, however, if comments are to be believed, if you also pick up SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 5 (which does not seem to overlap with the 48 games at all), then put the downloaded files from the above purchase into the same folder, all the games will be accessible via the Steam launcher for Classics Pack 5.
    WARNING!
    Go HERE to get the same pack on Amazon WITH Steam keys.

You can also buy a different pack which includes SEGA Genesis Classics Series 5 instead of the Sonic and Toe Jam & Earl games for $6 with Steam keys HERE.

Also, those packs include separate keys for each of the Classic Series/Sonic/Toe Jam & Earl games.

A note that Both of these include Shining Force I and II which make them pretty worth it right there if you're a fan of classic sRPG's (they're not particularly hard but so long as you go straight through them without grinding they're plenty interesting)

wbBv3fj.png
    Spoit wrote: »
    Too bad every single one of them is more than that trilogy pack. Each.

Then I guess someone would only get three superb 20-30 hour games for the price of a movie ticket. It's a rough life here in 2014.

s7Imn5J.png
  • DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    I have yet to play the Mass Effect series. I have two on Origin and one on PS3 but I just can't find the time for games that long.
    I can only sit down to a game like that at the weekend for a couple of hours if I'm lucky and when I end up playing a game sporadically like that I sometimes forget the controls if there's a lot to them like some RPG's, or I'll just forget what the hell I left off at and where to go next.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube

Just one.

I'd swear I bought it on sale for like, 10-15 bucks. Maybe even 7.5. I haven't even played it yet, and I'd still have paid about 10-15 right away, just on principle of it being a fantasy RPG, and it's newer than the oldest ME, and about on par with the second. I'm cheap, and I have to be if I want to play games, but I could totally see a normal price $30 rendition of each of the Mass Effects with all the bits. I might even be willing to go for it then when it went on sale.

But making be dance through hoops to play all their stuff is so much rotten to the core bullshit that I just can't be bothered.

Star Wars is completely not science fiction. It is fantasy.

• bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    They do NOT come with Steam keys, however, if comments are to be believed, if you also pick up SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 5 (which does not seem to overlap with the 48 games at all), then put the downloaded files from the above purchase into the same folder, all the games will be accessible via the Steam launcher for Classics Pack 5.
    WARNING!

You can also buy a different pack which includes SEGA Genesis Classics Series 5 instead of the Sonic and Toe Jam & Earl games for $6 with Steam keys HERE.

Also, those packs include separate keys for each of the Classic Series/Sonic/Toe Jam & Earl games.

A note that Both of these include Shining Force I and II which make them pretty worth it right there if you're a fan of classic sRPG's (they're not particularly hard but so long as you go straight through them without grinding they're plenty interesting)

Just make sure to abuse the hell out of the werewolf guy as soon as you get him. Coolest SRPG unit I've ever seen.

Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    (I totally consider Star Wars "fantasy")

Well, by that standard then Mass Effect would be fantasy too. ;)

They have space magic, but it's called biotics instead of the Force.

They have omnitools and omniblades... glowy cool, project-out-of-nowhere tech devices.

Blaster/laser weapons? Yep, there's those. Of course, the non-laser weapons are kind of neater anyway - they shave off tiny little beads or slivers of metal from big slugs of metal and use space magic (mass effect fields) to propel that at deadly speed. Some weapons shave off serrated shards for extra bodily mayhem. :P

Weird aliens? We got them!

Galactic ruling council? Check! Full of assholes? Double check!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    edited May 2014
    WARNING!

Shiiiit, I bought the first one without seeing the second one. Hrm...do I buy a whole second pack just for the Phantasy Star games?

EDIT: Yes, yes I do.

The Dude With Herpes on

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    bobwoco wrote: »
    WARNING!

Just make sure to abuse the hell out of the werewolf guy as soon as you get him. Coolest SRPG unit I've ever seen.

Or the turtle.

Who becomes a fucking fire breathing monster who goes anywhere.

They have omnitools and omniblades... glowy cool, project-out-of-nowhere tech devices.

Blaster/laser weapons? Yep, there's those. Of course, the non-laser weapons are kind of neater anyway - they shave off tiny little beads or slivers of metal from big slugs of metal and use space magic (mass effect fields) to propel that at deadly speed. Some weapons shave off serrated shards for extra bodily mayhem. :P

Science Fiction isn't really about aliens and space as much as it is using speculative science to shine a lens on the human condition, and other societal issues.

Star Wars does none of this.

Mass Effect does.

edited May 2014

Everything I've ever seen advertising the game felt like it was SCI-FI in all caps.

Then again I have to remember EA, and marketing, which is so commonly horrible bullshit in and of itself . . .

Though I'm not sure if it possibly being fantasy moves it up the list or just pisses me off more. Time will tell. ;)

Science Fiction isn't really about aliens and space as much as it is using speculative science to shine a lens on the human condition, and other societal issues.

Star Wars does none of this.

Mass Effect does.

I agree to your general definition of Sci-Fi.

Kalnaur on
    bobwoco wrote: »
    WARNING!

Only if you abuse boost(and/or level a lot). Otherwise he is only OK.

wbBv3fj.png
    If you like Bioware games, they tend to do similar things and it probably doesn't matter a lot on the face of it whether it's in medieval magicland, Wushu hills, or future spaaaaace. Mass Effect certainly doesn't take a surprising turn toward hard sci-fi and it's way more Star Wars than Asimov, but then Dragon Age ain't Game of Thrones, so know what you're getting into.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited May 2014
    Since I had to have the Phantasy Star games, I have some extra keys.

Short duration on these in case anyone who doesn't win still wants to pick em up on sale:

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

The Dude With Herpes on

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    This is the early access gift for the Dead Island Contagion game! The inventory entry isn't terribly specific as to which pack this actually contains, so I don't know if this is literally the "contagion pack" or not. Anyhow, ends in 3 days, good luck!
    signature.png

Darlan on
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    My coworker bought himself a fancy new GeForce 780 and having nowhere to stick his overclocked 660, he gave it to me. It has twice the RAM and twice the Passmark score as my 6850. I'm excited to be able to turn the texture packs for Skyrim back on tonight, but I'm feeling a bit melancholy about putting the 6850 into my backup machine.

I picked up that 6850 years ago at a "budget" price level for my old computer and it kept up running new games until my C2D started coming in below the minimum CPU requirements. If it wasn't for that card, I'd probably still be a console gamer and not have experienced all the class and friendship of this thread.

Take a rest old friend; the backbreaking labour is over for you. May you enjoy living out your days editing code and surfing the web.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Everyone picking up the Phantasy Star games is making good life choices right now. I want you all to know that. They're the perfect blend of sci-fi and fantasy, and they're my favorite games ever, and whenever I play them or hear the music from them I feel like someone is giving me a hug and telling me everything is going to be okay.

steam_sig.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular

Just one.

I bet that there's no ME:UE because the DLC still sells well at current prices. Give'm the base games for $10, but then gouge them on the DLC. I have no numbers on this, but it makes sense.

Do note that I bought almost none of the DLC (except BDtS on ME1 360, I was young and naive and had spare points), and other than 3 rubbing some plot points in my face that happened in ME2's LotSB and Arrival, it wasn't a big deal.

Though I probably raged in the ME thread when I encountered that because stuffing plot into DLC pisses me off so much.

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Everything I've ever seen advertising the game felt like it was SCI-FI in all caps.

Then again I have to remember EA, and marketing, which is so commonly horrible bullshit in and of itself . . .

Though I'm not sure if it possibly being fantasy moves it up the list or just pisses me off more. Time will tell. ;)

I once attended this talk given by two guys who worked on Dragon Age, and somebody asked them if the whole EA partnership forced them into any changes for the game. They said that nothing in game was ever changed by EA, except this whole marketing thing with the blood and stuff.

Obviously this also meant the fact that you get splattered with blood in-game and it doesn't go away (well, depends on your options, really) and it's the thing that stands out the most sometimes. Not in a good way.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular

sigh

<Changes Amazon billing address to liquor store in Chicago>

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Worth every penny.

I regret nothing.

i wish i could finish that series.

but i just can't replay it to have all of my choices and my shepard from ME1 back.

steam_sig.png
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    A Winner Is You!

signature.png

@Talus‌

signature.png

@kevko

signature.png

@galedrid

signature.png

@dhs odium

I will send out your e-mails right now, with the exception of Talus who I will transfer from my inventory.

Enjoy!

steam_sig.png
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Is steam not working for others or do I blame it on the storm happening outside? Can't even sign in

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    xenard wrote: »
    Is steam not working for others or do I blame it on the storm happening outside? Can't even sign in

Hmm, not loading pages for me either, and there's no storms here.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.