As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ... Tuesday.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    xenard wrote: »
    Is steam not working for others or do I blame it on the storm happening outside? Can't even sign in

Hmm, not loading pages for me either, and there's no storms here.

Tuesday Maintenance.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    ... Tuesday.

I think the holiday threw some folks off.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Everyone picking up the Phantasy Star games is making good life choices right now. I want you all to know that. They're the perfect blend of sci-fi and fantasy, and they're my favorite games ever, and whenever I play them or hear the music from them I feel like someone is giving me a hug and telling me everything is going to be okay.

i loved the games in a weird way. i still get chills hearing the opening theme music

but i was terrible at every game. never finished a single one.

it just had such a unique vibe that it left a nostalgic mark.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Someone REALLY needs to put that Tuesday maintenance thing in the OP.

Just saying.

:P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    ... Tuesday.

I think the holiday threw some folks off.

I had to look at the calendar. Holidays screw me up every time

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Polaritie wrote: »
    xenard wrote: »
    Is steam not working for others or do I blame it on the storm happening outside? Can't even sign in

Hmm, not loading pages for me either, and there's no storms here.

Storms always hit Steam on Tuesday. Always.

Edit: totally didn't see that there was another page of posts after this one...

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Just trying to push the thread along until it's inevitable closure in a page, right?

Speaking of Bioware, I have enjoyed most of what they made, but could never really get why Jade Empire was liked. I really found it fairly boring.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Today is the last day you see me as I am. I will pass on into another world tomorrow. My form as it currently is shown will fade into the winds of past technology. When my withering carcass leaves this earth, my Steam soul will be reborn into

A new PC! Build day is tomorrow (as long as all the parts arrive and I can get them), and I just can't stop thinking about it. I've copied a Steam installer and all my games to an external hard drive (along with tons of drivers and other installers) just to get on my feet sooner. I can't freaking wait. I've been holding off on so many games I own because I simply can't play them at a healthy framerate. Woo!!!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Today is the last day you see me as I am. I will pass on into another world tomorrow. My form as it currently is shown will fade into the winds of past technology. When my withering carcass leaves this earth, my Steam soul will be reborn into

A new PC! Build day is tomorrow (as long as all the parts arrive and I can get them), and I just can't stop thinking about it. I've copied a Steam installer and all my games to an external hard drive (along with tons of drivers and other installers) just to get on my feet sooner. I can't freaking wait. I've been holding off on so many games I own because I simply can't play them at a healthy framerate. Woo!!!

So, when should we expect to see you again? Next month? Year? How big is that backlog?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Welp. Watch Dogs is a no-go for me on my current rig. Will have to set that one aside until I can do some rebuilding. The first time I launched, with settings ranging from off-to-high, I got an out-of-memory error crash on the first scene. I turned everything off-to-medium (mostly low) and got some delightful cycles of "10 seconds of playable fps broken up by 5- second freezes"... so that was pretty horrifying.

The faithful ol' toaster has finally met its match. I can't complain - it held up wonderfully for several years.

/shakefist @‌ Watch Dogs .... We're not done yet!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I paid full price for all three Mass Effect games - they were all Day One Purchases. I bought every bit of paid DLC they would push into my grasping, desperate hands.

Worth every penny.

I regret nothing.

i wish i could finish that series.

but i just can't replay it to have all of my choices and my shepard from ME1 back.

Play it on Easy.

You lose nothing from the experience, and can 100% the game in under three hours without issue.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I think I also made a giveaway for the Dead Island Extinction thing

How post it?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    signature.png

PA G&T Adventure Team Steam group

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Oh come on mine isnt working!

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/DPR9c/dead-island-epidemic-contagion-pack

There. do it the old fashioned way!

political-pictures-bill-oreilly-f-b.jpg

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The faithful ol' toaster has finally met its match. I can't complain - it held up wonderfully for several years.

I've heard Watch Dogs performance all over the map. Out of curiosity, what were you running it on?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Frederic: Resurrection of Music:
    Loading...?

• Options

I've heard Watch Dogs performance all over the map. Out of curiosity, what were you running it on?

Core 2 Duo E8400 overclocked to 3.6ghz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    AMD 6950 2GB GPU (the only recent upgrade part)

It was pretty obvious from how it acted that the CPU and RAM were both not up to snuff.

I mean, I knew going in that it was under min-spec, so this was more a curiosity test. And it will play on low settings but I'd rather wait than play it ugly... ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Goat Simulator is getting some Minecraft-age in 1.1

Also in that link are a few screens of the new map with 1.1.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Frederic: Resurrection of Music:
    Loading...?

I...kinda need to see what this piano fighting game is.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Since I had to have the Phantasy Star games, I have some extra keys.

Short duration on these in case anyone who doesn't win still wants to pick em up on sale:

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

about an hour left.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loF8Q15b2-I&feature=kp
    signature.png

@talus

signature.png

@xenard

signature.png

&

@Sangheili91

were not too slow

PM me or message me on steam for your key.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    signature.png

Bigity on
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular

Core 2 Duo E8400 overclocked to 3.6ghz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    AMD 6950 2GB GPU (the only recent upgrade part)

It was pretty obvious from how it acted that the CPU and RAM were both not up to snuff.

I mean, I knew going in that it was under min-spec, so this was more a curiosity test. And it will play on low settings but I'd rather wait than play it ugly... ;)

Aww, that sounds like my old machine. An e6600? overclocked about a GHz and a half over spec, a beloved 6850, and 6GB of RAM. I would have gone for 8GB, but there was no way in hell I was going to reseat that Maltese cross looking heatsink.

I think it's amazing that such old machines are only now running into problems playing games, nevermind being fine as general purpose computers.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So. I bought final fantasy 3. And then I played it a bit. Then I remembered why I hated it.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I was musing in chat about buying myself a new game, something my toaster would run well ... to console its battered self-esteem.

While I mused, @Spoit struck. The sneaky bastard.

geneforge.jpg

<3<3<3

Geneforge looks pretty nifty. I feel like I've heard good things about it.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Spiderweb Software was sort've a pioneer of the indie game movement.
    It's pretty great that they are still around, and still filling the WRPG genre with insanely massive gems.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    heenato wrote: »
    So. I bought final fantasy 3. And then I played it a bit. Then I remembered why I hated it.

My biggest problem with that game is the expected grinding on jobs. And you don't find out just how varied they expect you to have been with said jobs until right near the end.

Oh, and I finished Legend of Grimrock! Fun game! Good amount of exploration, puzzles, battle, etc.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »

My biggest problem with that game is the expected grinding on jobs. And you don't find out just how varied they expect you to have been with said jobs until right near the end.

Oh, and I finished Legend of Grimrock! Fun game! Good amount of exploration, puzzles, battle, etc.

I wish, in one of the various updates to the port, they had altered the way you gain job xp.

Too much time is spent against level 1 goblins just defending or whatever, a dozen times a battle, then repeating a hundred times each job.

I like FFIII, I like the variety of jobs and all that. It just seems silly they didn't fix that crap.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-indie-bubble-is-popping.html

An interesting read on the possible future of indie games.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Fawst wrote: »
    Too funny. Conviction was probably the weakest game in the series (IMO).

Yeah, it wasn't really like the other ones I played, which is probably why I kind of enjoyed it. I didn't try any games after that one though.

It was pretty different, but I liked it, as a 3rd person cover shooter kind of way. I mean, it wasn't actively bad (and super buggy) like Double Agent was.

Blacklist did a great job combining it's systems with the older style of gameplay

I want to hit agree on this several times. After Double Agent being such a let-down, and Conviction being frankly an entirely different type of game, I'd largely written off what had at one point been one of my favourite series. Blacklist is an astonishing return to form.

I haven't played blacklist yet but Conviction was frankly my favorite game of the series with an amazing evolution of the stealth gameplay. The only thing I would have wanted more of it more chance to be a complete ghost. There were a lot of times where you had no choice but to deal with enemies which I usually hate but at least the game made that part awesome with the mark/execute system.

Blacklist lets you ghost about 95% of the game. The scoring system rewards that as one of its three main playstyles. Mark & Execute is still there, although nerfed hard at higher difficulty settings; but you can use it with non-lethal takedowns as well. You NEED to play Blacklist.

Need.

I. Need. this.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Fawst wrote: »
    Too funny. Conviction was probably the weakest game in the series (IMO).

Yeah, it wasn't really like the other ones I played, which is probably why I kind of enjoyed it. I didn't try any games after that one though.

It was pretty different, but I liked it, as a 3rd person cover shooter kind of way. I mean, it wasn't actively bad (and super buggy) like Double Agent was.

Blacklist did a great job combining it's systems with the older style of gameplay

I want to hit agree on this several times. After Double Agent being such a let-down, and Conviction being frankly an entirely different type of game, I'd largely written off what had at one point been one of my favourite series. Blacklist is an astonishing return to form.

I haven't played blacklist yet but Conviction was frankly my favorite game of the series with an amazing evolution of the stealth gameplay. The only thing I would have wanted more of it more chance to be a complete ghost. There were a lot of times where you had no choice but to deal with enemies which I usually hate but at least the game made that part awesome with the mark/execute system.

Blacklist lets you ghost about 95% of the game. The scoring system rewards that as one of its three main playstyles. Mark & Execute is still there, although nerfed hard at higher difficulty settings; but you can use it with non-lethal takedowns as well. You NEED to play Blacklist.

Need.

I. Need. this.

I see it on sale all the time.

On Uplay.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Audio Surf 2 and XCOM are on sale and I need to save money for comicon next week. I think Steam is watching me and trying to force me to pick a side.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Too bad every single one of them is more than that trilogy pack. Each.

Then I guess someone would only get three superb 20-30 hour games for the price of a movie ticket. It's a rough life here in 2014.

The conversation was about the DLC?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    But isn't the AC3 DLC supposed to be the bombdiggity?
    he wrote ironically, not at all in any way indicating that he was a completely out of touch dad

The single-player DLC is you drinking magic tea, becoming a Metal Gear Solid boss and destroying the God-Emperor of Mankind America.

I feel I should mention that I am not being sarcastic or facetious at all, this is my honest and truthful description of what transpires in the DLC.

It's like they looked at the story they'd crafted over the course of the Assassin's Creed games so far and went "Well okay, that's pretty nuts, but what if we kicked it up a notch?"

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    So Dead Island: Epidemic just showed up in my inventory. Is steam just giving people games? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Thanks to bunny lady @Berylline‌ for the Inescapable code! It looks like a neat little metroidvania. Those are usually a good time.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    So Dead Island: Epidemic just showed up in my inventory. Is steam just giving people games? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Yeah, I got one when I already had 4 in my inventory that I couldn't give away. Or rather, that I didn't even try to give away.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    It took a few days longer than it was supposed to, but I have internet access again.
    D3OmyCi.png

brb downloading every game in my library forever

This discussion has been closed.