As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Show off your [Screenshots] thread II: NSFFIOS

SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
edited June 2014 in Games and Technology
Screenshots Thread

Welcome to Screenshots Thread 2: Screenshot Harder. The last one had some really cool stuff in it, it can be perused here. So, what is this thread for?

1.) Showing off cool or interesting things that occur in the games you play

Did you spot a beautiful vista? A cool easter egg? A weird/hilarious glitch? Show us.

2.) Showing off a new game

The previous thread turned into an excellent place to get a glimpse at brand new games being played by forumers. Being able to see what a new game looks like while being played on actual hardware instead of bullshots from videogame review sites or compressed Youtube videos is pretty cool.

3.) Interesting mods

If it changes up a game you love in a new or interesting way, odds are someone will be interested in checking it out too

4.) Personal customization

Did you build a rad city? Does your in-game character have the bithin'est of bitchin' weapons/outfits/cars/etc? Revel in your self-expression and give us a chance to admire and/or laugh at you.

and last, but certainly not least,

5.) Highres moneyshots

Got an i7 and tri-SLI'd Titans OC'd to match the heat output of the sun and want to show off your downsampled shots of Crysis 4 running at 90FPS? Flex your e-peen, friend. You've earned it.

Rules:

- You can only post screenshots you actually took yourself. Nothing you find on IGN or GameFaqs or Dead End Thrills or whatever.
- Vanilla doesn't resize images or scroll when they're in a spoiler, but it will resize images that are posted inline, so don't worry about destroying anyone's h-scroll. However,
- Any screenshot that spoils a game must be in a spoiler.
- No NSFW screenshots. You might be able to get away with linking them if they are tasteful, but spoilered images still load and will still be in someone's cache and you'd feel like a real jerk if someone got fired because of you
- Limit your shots to ten per post. Multiple posts in a row is fine though. This is clearly a NSF56k thread, but sticking to a softlimit of ten images per post will help break the pages up.
- The forums are fairly strict regarding emulation, so if you're posting a screen of a console game make sure to crop out any borders or titlebars that could get you into trouble. A screenshot of a PS1 game won't get you into trouble, but a screenshot of a PS1 game with an ePSXe titlebar might.
- Images of MMOs are totally fine, but as a heads up there are threads for both general MMO screenshots and character screenshots in the MMO Extravaganza subforum
- If your game isn't super obvious than please post the name of it

How do I take a screenshot?

For PC games, there are a number of different methods you can use. A lot of games have a built in screenshot capability (usually bindable) that will output a shot somewhere in the game's directory. You can also use a capturing program like Fraps to take shots (this will allow you to alter the output format, which will determine your quality and filesize). Lastly, you can take screenshots in any Steam game that supports the overlay (default key is F5).

Speaking of screenshots hosted on Steam:
Gaslight wrote:
To make Steam cloud shots work with the img tags on the Vanilla forum, you need to add "?.jpg" after the final slash in each one's URL.

Getting rid of the HUD

For Source Engine games:
Here's a shot of Half Life Source:

hl22012-01-2712-51-26-66.jpg

If I pull down the console and type "cl_drawhud 0" without quotation marks the HUD will disappear:

hl22012-01-2712-51-42-14.jpg

If I type "impulse 200" the weapon model will disappear:

hl22012-01-2712-51-51-89.jpg

Typing "cl_drawhud 1" will turn your hud back on, and changing weapons will bring your weapon model back.

For Unreal Engine games:
Generally, pulling down the console and typing "ToggleHud" without quotation marks once will remove the HUD, typing it again will return it. Examples from Unreal 2:

Unreal22012-01-2717-05-38-58.jpg

Unreal22012-01-2717-05-48-81.jpg

For Gamebryo Engine games:
To remove the HUD in Skyrim/Fallout 3/etc, pull down the console using the ~ key, than type "tm" without quotation marks and press enter. This is the "toggle menu" command. When entered, your HUD will disappear, but so will the console. Press the ~ key again and the invisible console will close. Then, after taking your shot(s), hit the ~ key again (it will still be invisible), type tm, press enter, and your console and HUD will be back. Then press ~ again to close the console.

Also, Gamebryo games have a command that will allow you to enter a free camera mode, which will pause the game and let you move your camera using WASD independent of your character to set up action shots. The console command for this is "tfc" (for Toggle Free Camera). Entering "tfc 1" into the console will activate it, and entering "tfc 0" will return the game to normal.

These are some of the most popular game engines today. If you have info on cleaning up shots for other games or game engines, let me know and I'll add it here.

OK

So there it is. Post some cool, interesting, gorgeous, funny, thought provoking, or dumb screenshots and let's look at them and talk about them.

Sterica on

• Options
    I'll kick us off:

This is Hawken. It's a F2P game where you pilot a mech and dakka dakka at other mechs. It's on Steam. Go download it it's great.

vILi8O3.jpg

7aThfHq.jpg

v1eS0Kh.jpg

UCMPChz.jpg

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    NVM, can't get it to link for some reason.

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Been a bit of an FPS kick lately.

Wolfenstein: The New Order
    aZXtjAU.jpg
    Painkiller: Hell & Damnation
    L5nNqxx.jpg
    ARMA 3
    dyaqmZt.jpg

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    That Painkiller shot looks pretty cool. I guess I should actually try that game.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Fallout New Vegas

I backtracked to see where the hell Russel went during the cazadore massacre.

You son of a bitch.

fH2Z1sf.jpg

He was taking a nuka break. I taught him everything he knows about casual disregard for other party members' lives. The student has become the master.

5F5G1In.jpg

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Gif's okay?
    Spoiler for the end of X-Com
    UyeO9.gif

Those are the only characters I had control of.

Victory Came from rubi bleeding out, dragging a blaster cannon across the base to the two rookies who had been given no armor.

I still cry over my little hovertank that fought the good fight, reaction firing all the way to the end, felling hordes of zombies before crying out in the darkness.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    @Ed Gruberman‌ It should still be $4 on Steam, that's the first boss.

I'd have screenshots of Syndicate too, but... Uhm... I don't know where Origin puts screenshots?

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I actually have it already. I bought it in a Humble Bundle a long time ago but never got around to actually playing it. But that boss looks interesting/unique enough that it would warrant at least a real trial.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    A lot of these don't show off just how crazy this was in motion, but the shots still came out nice. (I'll figure out how to turn my UI off sometime)
    pFYsVdt.jpg
    9iUIUQo.jpg
    uoFgKpN.jpg
    R1Io0L9.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Wasteland 2 Beta

Finally got my hands on this.

QDU21WN.jpg
    qKko32y.jpg
    2qhX7vV.jpg
    ZxnbAR6.jpg
    s0Q4OAy.jpg
    sZzAvHw.jpg

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    DversedDversed Registered User regular
    Wow, I have not been keeping up with Wasteland 2 development. That looks badass

• Options
    Dversed wrote: »
    Wow, I have not been keeping up with Wasteland 2 development. That looks badass
    Haven't spent much time with it yet because I was dead tired by the time I installed it but feels very promising.

Very old school Fallout (which was pretty much the natural evolution of Wasteland anyway so it makes sense).

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Wasteland 2 Beta

Did you make those character bios yourself?

Also poor Dr. Scientist getting shot after he died.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    That double tap.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Wasteland 2 Beta

Did you make those character bios yourself?

Also poor Dr. Scientist getting shot after he died.
    Yep.

Also holy shit, didn't even notice he blew one of my ranger's body off from the waist up. I'm stealing that gun.

• Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    Some Far Cry 3. Don't see many of this game, but it's got some nice visuals.

27704D4ACC59DB040A1B5892043BDB9573E0FFE7

Also, this is my new desktop screen. I have to change my pants everytime I start up the PC.

769BC4CA5821CAFCFFCA68AD5948E7EF1AEEF76F

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @Soulgate, stare at the sky and mash the screen shot key for a minute, enough to track it across the sky, then take all the images into gimp or photoshop and mash them all into a gif.

Now your background will be one of their moons tracking across the sky.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I kill you with dubstep!

cnVuRIN.jpg

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
  • Options
    That was better than the entire The Last Airbender movie.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Lego Lord of the Rings

ibBMt7rn84FxO.jpg

ijWi9wd8OsJYV.jpg

ibyPryxBjDcEEP.jpg

ingYknKNLGD1k.jpg

iuDKAm8kgytTX.jpg

i5caPRvOeOmKg.jpg

i7yAqsgHMPlAG.jpg

ibwSrlY7EdbKsj.jpg

iDYEN8EWWeHEs.jpg

iimWCitdkSrF5.jpg

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Sleeping Dogs has the most wonderful things happen during a fight.

B833CD597C3CC6BCF0816E7BAF94C28550C055F0

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Wei. Wei. Bro.

Wei.

Bro.

Damn.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    A couple screenshots I grabbed from Child of Light this weekend:

BpGfhJLIEAASeBa.jpg:large

I'll hide this one in spoiler tags just in case:
    BpGfyyGCIAAEoS3.jpg:large

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'll kick us off:

This is Hawken. It's a F2P game where you pilot a mech and dakka dakka at other mechs. It's on Steam. Go download it it's great.

vILi8O3.jpg

7aThfHq.jpg

v1eS0Kh.jpg

UCMPChz.jpg

I was just thinking about Hawken the other day. Played the beta for a short bit, but really enjoyed it. Gonna fire this up tonight!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I was just thinking about Hawken the other day. Played the beta for a short bit, but really enjoyed it. Gonna fire this up tonight!

If you do, send me a friend request, my in-game name is SmokeStacks. I didn't play it until it hit Steam, but from what I understand a lot of stuff has changed compared to the older builds.

Also, the USA West and USA central are ghost towns because everyone plays on USA East servers, so choose those when using matchmaking or the server browser.

• Options
    FGzzWpV.png

Bioshock is running well on my newly upgraded 2007 rig.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    ...if you say so.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

If you do, send me a friend request, my in-game name is SmokeStacks. I didn't play it until it hit Steam, but from what I understand a lot of stuff has changed compared to the older builds.

Also, the USA West and USA central are ghost towns because everyone plays on USA East servers, so choose those when using matchmaking or the server browser.

Good to know. I didn't get a chance to play last night but I'm still going to give this a whirl. I likes me some mech combat.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ?.jpeg
    ?.jpeg
    I need to take more interesting shots.

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

?.jpeg
    Getting better

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Fallout 3

The Lone Wanderer was taught early about survival, constantly escaping his father's ravenous hunger for baby brains.

vinYz6s.jpg

• Options
    I want a Fallout Mod where to play as a talking Deathclaw.

Bonus points if you can dress up said Deathclaw.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I want a Fallout Mod where to play as a talking Deathclaw.

Bonus points if you can dress up said Deathclaw.
    Not out of the realm of possibilities.

There are mods out there that let you dress up as a radroach or a protectron and full on race mods to play as supermutants.

I do miss the talking deathclaws sometimes. Goris was easily the coolest companion ever.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    New Vegas

AROx1zz.jpg

Decided to take a break from the Mojave and commune with nature.

Raider Ranger: Wilderness Asshole.

wyKTbxJ.jpg

mzSlrTe.jpg

MMTmzMo.jpg

IkpPhFW.png

DPHJOsL.jpg

FHcBA4l.jpg

Came home with a few new trinkets. Found a new helmet that kind of tops off my makeshift combat armor ensemble.

xJOe63d.jpg

OToQEjn.jpg

czOEuWo.jpg

• Options
    FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    Dawn of War

i257cVP.jpg
    ZHkoVFu.jpg
    SF1FNcT.jpg
    euMx5ZM.jpg
    dKw1E1G.jpg

I may finally play the sequel, now that GfWL is being expunged from it!

• Options
    I want to say its not that bad, but I may have purged my memories of it....*thinks back to gears of war*....Nope, its back, its horrible.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So while me and a friend were fucking about in Wargame and looking over the units we found some weird ones.

Like the M50A1 ONTOS. Which is literally six recoiless launchers strapped to a chassis.

Naturally we tested this strange find in the most rigorous and scientific of manners.

5BCF76950B550EC27E1FF87294CF2507F96A4AAB

Albino Bunny on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Some more Lego LoTR

iIUl9NexV3Cl8.jpg

iHSImxY1yKe4X.jpg

ies5p68r3XJ54.jpg

iOD6kM3pWU924.jpg

ibvpwZczikTOc2.jpg

i8XvMwlxyvJWP.jpg

iCzNQqZqPmun0.jpg

ibtGrX3dXJLXDb.jpg

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I really dig some of the views in The Secret World.

?.jpg