As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ramblings Of A Lunatic -OR- Gay Bars On The Edge Of Forever: Bloggers are Crazy.

Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplaceShe crawled right inRegistered User regular
I like space, and pictures of space. Sidebar: ever heard of that website APoD? It's fantastic.

Anyway, yes, space. I need a new background picture for my laptop, so I GISed the phrase "milky way arm night sky", and after a bit of thumbing through pictures, found this. Beautiful, right? I smiled. What a sight!

I clicked on this picture. It was linked to a blog called Regulus Star Notes. Sounds great! I click through to the site. This was my first mistake.

Imagine, for a moment, that you have arrived on this blog entry, for SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011, helpfully labelled Close Encounters of the Unwanted Kind -OR- Gay Bars on the Edge of Forever. A smarter person than me would have simply clicked Back. I am not a smart man.

http://regulus-starnotes.blogspot.com/2011/09/close-encounters-of-unwanted-kind-or.html

Here, I will opt to quote and give play by play.
Updated 8:16AM 9/27/2011 (Tuesday): I didn't get a chance to post a new entry last night. My plan is to do so tonight.

The Milky Way spans the velvety tropical night sky as seen from the lush rain forest of Mangaia (Auau Enua), the southernmost of the Southern Cook Islands in the South Pacific at 21S.

Alpha and Beta Centauri are visible near the center of the image. The "Milky Way" is the collective aggregate of literally billions of stars that form galactic-scale structures (arms and the central bulge) of the Milky Way Galaxy itself. The Galaxy, of note, is a barred spiral rather than "classic" spiral (pinwheel) galaxy consisting of approximately 200 to 400 billion stars.

What we see as the "Milky Way" in the night sky is really a sort of amalgam of several different galactic structures including the:

* Central galactic bulge (or "galactic bar");
*The inner Scutum-Centaurus Arm (or Scutum-Crux Arm);
*The lesser Norma Arm; and
* The smaller Carina-Sagittarius Arm located between those arms and our own Orion-Cygnus Arm (also called the Orion or Local Arm).

The next one beyond ours is the Perseus Arm, of which the Orion-Cygnus may be a spur.

The Terran Solar System (we can call it that even if it shows pro-Earth bias) is actually located in something called the Local Bubble in the Orion-Cygnus Arm.

A schematic diagram of the Local Bubble, which is a cavity in the interstellar medium that has adjoining "Loop Bubbles" and the Local Fluff, with stars labeled including the Sun, Sirius, Procyon, Arcturus, and Regulus.

The stated structure of the Milky Way continues to be refined and updated based on improved observations and understanding.

As for Mangaia, it is believed to be at least 18 million years old, making it the oldest island in the volcanically active Pacific Ocean basin.

Okay. So far, so good. The changing color based on paragraph seems a little odd, but we are talking about Blogspot, not War and Peace. I scroll down further.
Close Encounters of the Unwanted Kind

So last night Oooza the Unloved -- the Capo of the D.C. 17th Street gay mafia, as he himself bragged about here and in other media forums -- flew out of his usual roost and went to Nellie's.

While this was annoying for me in its way, what really pissed me off is that Oooza unquestionably followed me around into the front room and upstairs trying to provoke me. It was clear he was all riled up and somewhere between excited and agitated. For more about the many moods and faces of Oooza, see my Aug. 5, 2011 blog entry.

Oooza's goal, I've no doubt at all, was to have me say or otherwise start something with him so he could have me thrown out of there. (It's not as if I don't have a few things I want to say to him, or Mr. Sirius, but Nellie's is not the place.)

This is how the gay mafia works: It seeks total control over other people, even though what it actually controls is just a very small geographic territory.

So, we have been hit in the face with some cask-strength weird. Who is this Oooza person, and why does the Regulus Star Notes blog contain an entry about his many moods and faces? Why does our intrepid hero care which gay bar the gay Cap of the DC 17th Street gay mafia is at? Has there been a previous "Close Encounter of the Unwanted Kind" between Our Blogger and Gay Capo Oooza? I must learn more. I follow the link to August 5th, 2011.
The many moods and faces of Oooza Il' Magnifico
Here, Gentle Reader, is just a small sample of the many different moods and faces of local D.C. Gayborhood PUBLIC FIGURE Oooza Il' Magnifico, a.k.a., Oooza the Unloved Crow Creature ...

I refer, of course, to the dreadful David Perruzza.
For the sake of brevity, a thing which Our Blogger is unfamiliar, I will spare you the baker's dozen pictures of local D.C. Gayborhood PUBLIC FIGURE David Perruzza. After clicking a link under the first picture of Gayborhood Gay Capo Perruzza, I learn he owns or owned 3 gay bars on 17th Street, a well known gay-friendly area in DC. Sidebar over, back to our first blog post.
Here is the gay mafia's geographic territory (circled in pink):

MGRlfqq.jpg

The only thing that would have made last night complete is if Mr. Sirius one showed up, though, happily, he did not. If Oooza is the Capo(regime) of that gay mafia, then Mr. Sirius is the Consigliere.

"LIKE, OH MY GAWD, WHERE ARE MY TIPS? QUACK! QUACK!

I think at that point, I would have gone over to 17th Street.

Now, if you're like me, you are wondering, why is our Hero, Regulus, so fixated on the Gay Mafia Caporegime? What has occurred between these two men to cause Oooza to follow Regulus into his favorite combo drag bar/sports bar, possibly hoping to incite a confrontation? Who is this Mr. Sirius person? Why does Regulus compare his enemies to birds? The remainder of the blog post is divided up into sections about rainy weather and Frasier. I wish to high heaven that I was joking. I really do. But now, I am invested. I am compelled. I must know more about the Oooza/Regulus Feud.

I will investigate this further. But know now that I may not return from this quest of mine. I just wanted some cool space pictures.

TLDR: Crazy people write crazy blogs, and I have learned about the gay mafia's territory.

• LizardsLizards Registered User new member
    this is the best thread. ill help you in your investigation into the DC gay mafia

aywkww7utke5.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Is the Swedish House Mafia involved in this?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Is this like the Amish mafia?

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    um okay why can't there be an American mafia???

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    When did Dog With a Blog get so crazy?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Man, I didn't even know 17th St had a gay mafia.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Can't be worse than the Polish mafia.

Peccavi wrote: »
    Man, I didn't even know 17th St had a gay mafia.

well you're as good as dead now

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I thought this was about the Gay Colombian Mafia.

I'm in the wrong place I think and I should probably put my pants back on.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Last year I was riding through DC on a company tour bus for work when I overheard the tour guide's narration

I know this guy to be a standard conservative. Friendly enough guy, never saw him be a dick to the openly gay tour guides but he would tend to ramble on Reagan whenever going by related places. So we are heading up towards Dupont Circle and I hear his commentary on the commercial aspects of the neighborhood, especially this one restaurant that he's been meaning to try out after somebody recommended it to him. I look out the side to see what he's talking about

It was clearly a gay bar

This may be the same guy

VRXwDW7.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Glad to see my blog's finally getting some attention!

PNk1Ml4.png