As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] Dawn of the Final Day: 24 Hours Remain. GET. HYPE.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »

Well at least we know the furnaces are well stoked for launch.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    if everyone made about six characters to try out all the classes, that amounts to just under 680,000 people in beta.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I made well more than ten characters. Gotta test out those emote animations, dude!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FlutterguyFlutterguy Registered User regular
    I only played this last ops week and I made at least a dozen. The server switches made refining character appearances a bit of a nuisance.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    if everyone made about six characters to try out all the classes, that amounts to just under 680,000 people in beta.

I made two characters, both identical (first one was made before finding out I chose the wrong server, second one was the one I played on Nexus)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I'm using 6 as an average point, obviously, there are those that made 10, and those that made 2. but you both still made 12 characters, which averages to 6 per person.

bam. maths yo.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I wonder how many pre-orders they got for the game. I got one of my buddies in town to buy, not sure if he'll join the guild but he probably will.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    404 Home stretch, Space Cowboys

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    NZ5Pe89.gif

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Granoc warrior made and ready to go. Forgot to take screenshots, but will do that later. Will likely wait a week to do addons to let them all get sorted out and not have to setup my config in the starting area.

I AM MADE OF EXCITEMENT!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    This thread will soon collapse into a dense hype singularity.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    5xad0w5xad0w Lower Earth OrbitRegistered User regular
    There seems to be a very small patch available if you fire up your clients.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Godspeed, gentlemen. I'll see you on the other side.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

There is a mentor system in place to downlevel yourself so you can still play together which you can trigger for adventures and dungeons but I think also the open world.

I read this as 'meteor' system, and now I'm disappointed that isn't a real thing. Maybe that could be a lvl 50 mount. Forget fast travel, just hop on your trusty meteor. You can have that one for free Carbine. You're welcome.

• Options
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Will those of us begging for guest passes be able to do so during headstart or do they not go out until launch? Assumed the latter, but I've seen people saying the former elsewhere.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    20 hours and 4 minutes!

But who's counting.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    bamjo wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »

There is a mentor system in place to downlevel yourself so you can still play together which you can trigger for adventures and dungeons but I think also the open world.

I read this as 'meteor' system, and now I'm disappointed that isn't a real thing. Maybe that could be a lvl 50 mount. Forget fast travel, just hop on your trusty meteor. You can have that one for free Carbine. You're welcome.
    800px-Meteor_Logo_Art.jpg

• Options
    Huh.

Pergo and Pago are the two moons of the Chua homeworld of Bezgalore.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I'm having some weird issue with the mumble client that I need to get worked out before I can use it.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    speaking of mumble: Added two social channels per faction tab to help curb the "there's like 50 people in here trying to talk all at once"

• Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    For some odd reason I'm having a great deal of difficulty concentrating at work today.....

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Darn being a dad... probably won't get to hop on until Saturday night. More time to agonize over what class to play I suppose...

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    ManikkuManikku A good cheese lasts forever... PanamaRegistered User regular
    I have nothing to do at work today but lurking inside social media... and this forum 8D

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    For some odd reason I'm having a great deal of difficulty concentrating at work today.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nL21u2fCZk

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Huh.

Pergo and Pago are the two moons of the Chua homeworld of Bezgalore.
    Should have been Podo and Kodo.

• Options
    kavkav Medic NexusRegistered User regular

had this in my google feed this morning:
    WildStar_Infographic.jpg

Wildstar: Kvang..............................................................Vila
    Dominion: Nexus Zoning Committee...............................Dominion: NZC
    Medic - Mobile Rave Platform.........................................Stalker - Tank? / DPS? (leveling)
    Chua power!
  • Options
    I like how they fucked up their own path icons

• Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    So, in trying to get mumble set up and ready to go, I apparently do not know the password. I thought I knew it, but apparently 'it' changed. Someone able to PM me that info?

edit: apparently I did know the password, I'm just a moron and had the username & pw sections reversed...

Also, I'm really excited.

Kass on
  • Options
    It's a weird infographic without class statistics. Maybe they're trying to keep people from switching their choice based on distribution?

or they just ran out of room on the design.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I like how they fucked up their own path icons

I would actually believe the icons are in the correct places but the names are not, given all the path polls I've seen that put soldier in last place.
    Entaru wrote: »
    It's a weird infographic without class statistics. Maybe they're trying to keep people from switching their choice based on distribution?

or they just ran out of room on the design.

Similarly, it seems like they're trying to avoid explicitly stating which faction is more popular, though the race stats give it away.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    My only hope is someone leaves a post it at this person's desk with the note "You had ONE job!"

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    There's a 0% chance I'll be awake for head start today (tomorrow morning? whatever). It starts a 0300 my time and I had to get up 4 hours early to drop my dog off at the vet this morning.

Just means I can conk out early and wake up early tomorrow and PLAY UNTIL MY EYES BLEED

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Will those of us begging for guest passes be able to do so during headstart or do they not go out until launch? Assumed the latter, but I've seen people saying the former elsewhere.

I assume launch as well as the head start is a pre-order bonus.

I can try and help troubleshoot mumble throughout the day if people are still having issues or want to test if they're mics are stupid-loud.

• Options
    ATTENTION AMD USERS

The latest beta drivers will actually make your wildstar performance worse. It is recommended that you do not install those for headstart/launch, wait for a release driver build

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Kamar wrote: »

I assume launch as well as the head start is a pre-order bonus.

I can try and help troubleshoot mumble throughout the day if people are still having issues or want to test if they're mics are stupid-loud.

Thanks but I won't really be able to get the time to test and work on mumble until Sunday at this point.

I'm thinking it's either my cu03 activating even though I know I have it disabled or it's some sort of boost/sensitivity mismatch between mumble and the mixer.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Headstart kicks off at 5PM here. Sweet.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    So initially it was my last possible choice, but I think I might choose soldier as my path. Any soldiers here who can recommend for or against it?

This discussion has been closed.