As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] Dawn of the Final Day: 24 Hours Remain. GET. HYPE.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    For the few doing a PVP server, which one are they going on and what faction?

@Badwrong‌ We are on Pergo. We have a group on each side.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    So initially it was my last possible choice, but I think I might choose soldier as my path. Any soldiers here who can recommend for or against it?

The path abilities are kinda sub-par compared to the other paths, but that just means they are likely to be buffed later. The Dominion path costume is one of the better looking ones.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Huh. I have 22 addons installed so far.

I may have a sickness.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »
    So initially it was my last possible choice, but I think I might choose soldier as my path. Any soldiers here who can recommend for or against it?

The path abilities are kinda sub-par compared to the other paths, but that just means they are likely to be buffed later. The Dominion path costume is one of the better looking ones.

They are pretty bad :/

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    The heal is kind of "wat" since it can only be used out of combat. I saw that and I was like "Well why don't I just fucking sit down and eat?"

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    The heal is kind of "wat" since it can only be used out of combat. I saw that and I was like "Well why don't I just fucking sit down and eat?"

Well I'm going to be a medic, sooooooo
    Healing isn't something I'll be in dire need of.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    If they tinker with some of the usage restrictions, the evac and heal would be more appealing.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Yeah not everything needs an hour cooldown tbh

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Soldier abilities are all off.

One should airdrop supplies.
    Another should airdrop NPC's to fight with you for a minute.
    A third should overcharge your skills giving you a 10%-15% bonus to all variables of a given skill for 20 seconds.
    A fourth should teleport you to a random spot in the zone you're in (new evac, experimental teleporter from the arkship).
    The last one should give you 2 extra dash tokens when you pop it, and be on a rather short cooldown.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I don't even consider path perks. I just look at what would be the most fun. I'll probably pick explorer because climbing up mountains and taking majestic screenshots sounds rad, also grabbing flag after flag until whoa im don't know where i am and i'm surrounded by monsters way above my level.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm playing Explorer because air brakes seem fucking awesome.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    The soldier heal ability doesn't seem that bad to me. Will save you money on food between fights and I believe they said by the end of your path levels there isn't a cooldown (or it's low enough to be used between every fight).

With that in mind, soldiers grinding through the lvl 50 zones will likely have it easiest.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

I think at max level it's on 5 minute cooldown, which is pretty good to be able to pop like a potion between battles, but soldiers still kind of get the shaft.

When all the path abilities are locked out from being used in dungeons and pvp, utilities like teleports, player summons, and portable crafting tables are going to be more useful than combat-related things.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular

I think at max level it's on 5 minute cooldown, which is pretty good to be able to pop like a potion between battles, but soldiers still kind of get the shaft.

When all the path abilities are locked out from being used in dungeons and pvp, utilities like teleports, player summons, and portable crafting tables are going to be more useful than combat-related things.

Soldier perks remind me of Wisp form in WoW. Sure you can get back into the fight easier, but was it a good ability?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    FlutterguyFlutterguy Registered User regular
    I'm going soldier mostly for the titles and because other paths seem to slow down my leveling. Their path abilities are pretty terrible though.

• Options

That's my biggest problem. I think I'd have the most fun leveling with soldier, but once I hit max, am I going to regret the fact that I can instaheal outside of battle (which is useless for a healer anyway) instead of the ability to repair my equipment and empty my bags from anywhere or go to the capital city instantly?

Like, the soldier abilities are cool but useful exclusively while leveling. Once I hit max I feel like I will regret my choice.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Doesn't something have to balance out the extra leveling XP you're getting as a bonus for going Soldier?

Or do the enemies you fight only give path XP?

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    It's interesting how some path abilities seem tailor made for some classes over others, like how soldier's heal isn't as useful for healers, or how scientist and stalker don't go together as well because the scientist holographic distraction does about the same thing as stealthing past an enemy, and the scanbot still has some weirdness with how it works in/out of stealth.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    FlutterguyFlutterguy Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Doesn't something have to balance out the extra leveling XP you're getting as a bonus for going Soldier?

I don't think the enemies you fight that are spawned from soldier missions give any XP of any type. Nor can they drop items.

• Options
    Flutterguy wrote: »

I don't think the enemies you fight that are spawned from soldier missions give any XP of any type. Nor can they drop items.

They can count toward quest and challenge completion, last I checked! That's a nice perk as a soldier.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014

I'm sorta debating going dominion PVP... any more info on the guild you'll be having there?

Also I hear goons, reddit and others are all on that server. Are they on a specific faction or split as well?

I also have a group of friends who were gonna go with me to whatever, but seems a lot of them preferred PVP... so room for more in the PVP guild?

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Flutterguy wrote: »

Meeeeeh. That's about the last straw I think. Scientist it is.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Soldier was fine, a nice meaty play experience. I beta-tested a Granok, and I kinda get the feeling that the Soldier abilities and animations were created with a Granok in mind. I only reached level 6, my criticism at the time was that the Soldier did not receive Arm Cannon abilities early on and was thus stuck with needing to run up and punch everything. That may have changed in later builds, however.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

I'm sorta debating going dominion PVP... any more info on the guild you'll be having there?

Also I hear goons, reddit and others are all on that server. Are they on a specific faction or split as well?

I also have a group of friends who were gonna go with me to whatever, but seems a lot of them preferred PVP... so room for more in the PVP guild?

Not sure about the Dominion side. I'm going Exile.

@Kasyn will have all of your Pergo Dominion info for you.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Here's the best explanation of AMP locations I've seen, including coordinates for both factions, etc. Could be useful to folks getting started. What's still not clear to me is whether the AMPs that rep vendors sell or are from quests can also be found as drops, and if not, whether that means that there will always be 1 AMP that your character can never get (because you can do 2 starting quests to get 2 of 3 options).

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Soldier was fine, a nice meaty play experience. I beta-tested a Granok, and I kinda get the feeling that the Soldier abilities and animations were created with a Granok in mind. I only reached level 6, my criticism at the time was that the Soldier did not receive Arm Cannon abilities early on and was thus stuck with needing to run up and punch everything. That may have changed in later builds, however.

You're thinking of the Warrior class, which uses an arm cannon and big-ass sword. IIRC, unless they changed it, the arm cannon is almost exclusively used for tanking abilities, and sword is DPS. Which sucks.

Soldier is one of the four paths you can choose, the more combat-oriented one.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Here's the best explanation of AMP locations I've seen, including coordinates for both factions, etc. Could be useful to folks getting started. What's still not clear to me is whether the AMPs that rep vendors sell or are from quests can also be found as drops, and if not, whether that means that there will always be 1 AMP that your character can never get (because you can do 2 starting quests to get 2 of 3 options).

Here's the google doc of amp locations that I used.

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    cncaudata wrote: »

Here's the google doc of amp locations that I used.

Yes, this one is good too, but it's missing some of the coords for different starting zones, etc.

I have a question that I thought would be answered in the "when do you unlock things" post, but I don't see it. When do you unlock a second AMP/LAS spec (So I can go TANK MODE)?

• Options
    You should have a second AMP set unlocked before 20 I -think-. and a third at 50. A fourth set is purchasable with elder gems

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    I have successfully gotten my friends to choose Stormtalon! Looks like we may be Big Damn Heroes after all.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Enjoy the game, hillbilly scum!

(since this is sci-fi would it be like....quasarbilly? cometbilly? how do we wordsmith this?)

Beezel on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    CREDDnecks

I got nothin'
    THRILLbillies

bJYg4sR.gif

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Gotta use some chinese swear word for authenticity.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Milhouse's experiences with that game will be all of us the second the servers come up

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    One thing I couldn't figure out in the beta was how the amp items worked. Like I got one from a quest, right clicked it thinking I would equip it but it just disappeared. I didn't notice any thing in any of the menu screens either.

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    One thing I couldn't figure out in the beta was how the amp items worked. Like I got one from a quest, right clicked it thinking I would equip it but it just disappeared. I didn't notice any thing in any of the menu screens either.

Arent AMPS on a tab in the skill screen?

I could be crazy but I think that's where they are.

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Enjoy the game, hillbilly scum!

(since this is sci-fi would it be like....quasarbilly? cometbilly? how do we wordsmith this?)

We're rustic, thank you very much. :-p

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Amps are hidden away behind your skillset window somewhere. Some need to be unlocked through drops or purchases or quest rewards.

Its this thing with dots and you use points to unlock the dots so you can unlock more dots to dot while you dot. Its a trait system.

Man I've been awake too long THIS GUY CAN USE MOVING PICTURES TO EXPLAIN IT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFqAfT47EIA

Or you can go to http://ws-base.com/builds/generator/medic and click on "AMPS" and behold. Or maybe click on some other class.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »

AMPs are pretty poorly explained in game. You spend AMP points on the AMP tab on the LAS screen. The first tier of these you can just buy, but any in the 2nd and 3rd tiers you need to unlock - that's what using the item does, it unlocks tier 2 and 3 AMPs. After you unlock it, you still need to spend the points to actually use the AMP on your character, including any needed in tier 1 to allow you to spend points in tier 2 or 3. The items you can get from vendors, as drops, or as quest rewards - there are two links above on this page to a spreedsheet and a forum post that list all the possible places to get them.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular

Not sure about the Dominion side. I'm going Exile.

@Kasyn will have all of your Pergo Dominion info for you.

Cool thanks, what side are goons going to?

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This discussion has been closed.