As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar] Dawn of the Final Day: 24 Hours Remain. GET. HYPE.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Enjoy the game, hillbilly scum!

(since this is sci-fi would it be like....quasarbilly? cometbilly? how do we wordsmith this?)

We're rustic, thank you very much. :-p

The exogenous vermin are squatters that stand in the way of the Dominion's Luminous Destiny on Nexus.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    You should have a second AMP set unlocked before 20 I -think-. and a third at 50. A fourth set is purchasable with elder gems

Pretty sure the second LAS is at 15.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    This thread will soon collapse into a dense hype singularity.

Speaking of which, are we expecting the guilds to get created that night? ie: are both guild leaders going to stay up all night? It sounds like Sporky is.

• kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    I have already forgot, how do you install addons? I used something called MissionControl earlier, but that seems to be deprecated after the new UI hit. Do I want the Curse client for this, or can I manage them manually?

Also, for actual play, can I just patch the beta client or must I redownload everything?

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    For the few doing a PVP server, which one are they going on and what faction?

@Badwrong‌ We are on Pergo. We have a group on each side.

I'm sorta debating going dominion PVP... any more info on the guild you'll be having there?

Also I hear goons, reddit and others are all on that server. Are they on a specific faction or split as well?

I also have a group of friends who were gonna go with me to whatever, but seems a lot of them preferred PVP... so room for more in the PVP guild?

Not sure about the Dominion side. I'm going Exile.

@Kasyn will have all of your Pergo Dominion info for you.

Cool thanks, what side are goons going to?

I'm fairly sure the Goons are going Dominion on Pergo.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

Speaking of which, are we expecting the guilds to get created that night? ie: are both guild leaders going to stay up all night? It sounds like Sporky is.

They hype singularity has collapsed all possible space time to a single point.

The guilds exist in a state where they are already made but when you observe them they collapse.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Enjoy the game, hillbilly scum!

(since this is sci-fi would it be like....quasarbilly? cometbilly? how do we wordsmith this?)

We're rustic, thank you very much. :-p

The exogenous vermin are squatters that stand in the way of the Dominion's Luminous Destiny on Nexus.

Luminous destiny? You mean this glowy Eldan doohickey I found? I've been usin' it as a table lamp. Lights up my trailer real purty like. Also it whispers madness into my ear while I sleep but you get used to it.

Entaru wrote: »

They hype singularity has collapsed all possible space time to a single point. The guilds exist in a state where they are already made but when you observe them they collapse.

So I don't even need to join this quantum guild then, because in some respect I have already joined it. And not joined it. And been kicked.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Which, in retrospect, makes for an interesting choice on my end. I'm taking my friends into a world where the goons can gank at any time. Lordy lordy, I hope some other big community joins the Exile side.

I do look forward to murdering me some goons though.

And Badwrong. I will murderize him too.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular

They hype singularity has collapsed all possible space time to a single point. The guilds exist in a state where they are already made but when you observe them they collapse.

So I don't even need to join this quantum guild then, because in some respect I have already joined it. And not joined it. And been kicked.

And been made guild leader. All possibilities really are and never where.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • RendRend Registered User regular

And been made guild leader. All possibilities really are and never where.

The only way to safely interact with this higgs-boson guild without collapsing it is by colliding polls with it at high speeds.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Awww yeah, it's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&feature=kp

Also, I should just stop going in to the WoW thread and lurking, it's so damn depressing over there.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I'm planning on livestreaming once the servers go up, so that will be fun if we can actually play at launch

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Awww yeah, it's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&feature=kp

Also, I should just stop going in to the WoW thread and lurking, it's so damn depressing over there.

We're all down because of no new content for almost a year now :(

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    For the few doing a PVP server, which one are they going on and what faction?

@Badwrong‌ We are on Pergo. We have a group on each side.

I'm sorta debating going dominion PVP... any more info on the guild you'll be having there?

Also I hear goons, reddit and others are all on that server. Are they on a specific faction or split as well?

I also have a group of friends who were gonna go with me to whatever, but seems a lot of them preferred PVP... so room for more in the PVP guild?

Not sure about the Dominion side. I'm going Exile.

@Kasyn will have all of your Pergo Dominion info for you.

Cool thanks, what side are goons going to?

I'm fairly sure the Goons are going Dominion on Pergo.

That's also what I hear, though I've seen Goon Squad registered on some guild census resource for Dom on both Pago and Pergo. Not sure if they'll have multiple guilds or were just trolling.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    And it's not just new WOW content, it's the complete lack of any hint when any new content will be coming. Blizzard has got to release SOMETHING in November, which means that we should be hearing "Hey, isn't this gonna be awesome !!" reports by now. But nothing, zilch. Not even Beta rumors. They have really dropped the ball over there.

Fairchild on
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    So is the Goon Squad just a bunch of hosers or something? It seems like people are trying to avoid them like the plague.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Depends on the game. Some games, the Goon guilds are some of the best people to run with. Other games, they attract lots of trash people. Going by the way their Wildstar thread went, at least in the early stages the Goon guilds in Wildstar will be trash-heavy.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I don't know why. It's not like Goons are a threat to anyone in any game that isn't EVE so

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    I don't know why. It's not like Goons are a threat to anyone in any game that isn't EVE so

Well "threat" no. But they can be annoying trolls.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    From what I've heard, their influence in EVE has significantly dropped from their prime. I remember reading that they used to own that game, now they're just one among many.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Yeah, they're not all bad at all. It's just that there's a LOT of them usually, and with that comes jackholes and zerglings.

Lorahalo wrote: »
    From what I've heard, their influence in EVE has significantly dropped from their prime. I remember reading that they used to own that game, now they're just one among many.

ehhhh i'd say goons still are a major superpower in eve, its not like they are hurting for territory or anything, if goons want something, they go get it still.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Can someone explain what The Goon Squad is all about ? As I understand it, they are an organized group of semi-hackers who require membership dues to join and form a large guild in every new MMO.

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    kafziel wrote: »
    I have already forgot, how do you install addons? I used something called MissionControl earlier, but that seems to be deprecated after the new UI hit. Do I want the Curse client for this, or can I manage them manually?

Also, for actual play, can I just patch the beta client or must I redownload everything?

I use Curse. It's quick to set up and is great for tracking updates. You can manage them manually too if you really want, I believe the addons folder is under /Users/<you>/AppData/Roaming/NCSoft/Wildstar

Just copy the folder from whatever addon you download to the Addons folder there and then start the game. If you're already ingame, /reloadui does pick up new addons as well.

The beta client does patch to release, though there was an issue with some of the stuff they store in the folder I mentioned before so a reinstall might help performance if you've had the beta client for a long time. If you downloaded in open beta I wouldn't worry about it, if you've had it for longer you can either reinstall or there's some steps out there for what files to clear out in that folder to fix it.

Fairchild wrote: »
    Can someone explain what The Goon Squad is all about ? As I understand it, they are an organized group of semi-hackers who require membership dues to join and form a large guild in every new MMO.

Goons are Something Awful forumers. Thats it. it is a private forum that requires a $10 registration fee

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

Literally the only word you got right was "organized".

And even that is up for debate.

They're a forum community based on a false sense of exclusivity. This allows a few people who buy into that bullshit to become absolute shitlords because they're part of an "exclusive community".

The average member is pretty alright. They have a reputation because of the shitlords, though.

Their only real claim to fame is Eve.

Oo! The forum creator (who's name escapes me) has gone on record as saying the SA forums were originally a scam to make money ("In a world full of forums, who in their right mind would pay for one?"). Enough people, hilariously, bought into it and it turned into an actual community. Before you say it, that's not "cool". That's "confirmation bias".

Anon the Felon on
  • MspekkioMspekkio South and EastRegistered User new member
    So long time lurker here (Thank you Wow threads for all good raiding advice over the years), I'm not 'social' but none of my loser friends have jumped onto the bandwagon, so I'm planning on rolling on Stormtalon. Details like classes and sides will be decided at the last possible moment. Once things have settled down, I'll happily be taxed by a guild, and run dungeon's and whatnot.

• NoxyNoxy Registered User regular

The Goons are just a big community and with that community comes a lot of different types of folk.

As said above, the quality of the community varies from game to game and it's really not fair to stereotype the community as a whole because it does have a huge amount of diversity.

They have built up pretty strong negative reputations in a few games and people tend to just assume they are awful all of the time and everywhere.

I dunno, my times with the Goons have been mostly positive but I still tend to stick to PA groups because the Goon guilds can be really chaotic and overpopulated in some cases.

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

Really it's just a community that has grown pretty large over the years. However, their history shows that they tend to attract a large amount of trolls and the like, so instead of a (mostly) decent community that you get from say, here, you get a bunch of geese. Not to say that they all are that way, but they do have a reputation for a reason.

Personally, I've never really had a big issue with a Goon, though when I played EVE the PA corp was a part of the Goon Swarm (might still be? I haven't kept up) so they weren't trying to kill me.

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    I've had positive experiences with Goons in EVE. In GW2 their WvW organization was really good and they let you just jump in and join them.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    In MechWarrior Online they are the scourge of everyone else because they spend all game every game trolling people nonstop, including their own teammates.

I've had positive experiences with Goons in EVE. In GW2 their WvW organization was really good and they let you just jump in and join them.

In Star Trek online they spend a lot of time following people around public areas spamming novelty items at them to annoy them.

So I tend to consider it a community of obnoxious children because that's the behavior I have seen.

• Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    Is there a list of suspected high population servers that big communities (like the Goons, PA, etc) are flocking towards? I've been off the MMO bandwagon since The Burning Crusade, basically, but I think I'll be able to balance my life enough to enjoy some MMO goodness with Wildstar. I don't want to get stranded on a doomed, low-pop server though. I had to jump servers in WoW too many times to still enjoy that experience.

i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Well we're heading to Stormtalon and SA is heading to Pergo/Evindra.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Server split among other gaming communities looks well distributed. I'm not too worried about it

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    The realm that we've picked for the PvE guilds was, as of some early polling, the #2 most populous server iirc. Who knows what will happen in the next week or so, but for now Stormtalon is a perfectly good choice of realm even if you don't plan to join the PA guild.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Oo! The forum creator (who's name escapes me) has gone on record as saying the SA forums were originally a scam to make money ("In a world full of forums, who in their right mind would pay for one?"). Enough people, hilariously, bought into it and it turned into an actual community. Before you say it, that's not "cool". That's "confirmation bias".

I don't think it was always paid. I remember its early days back in 2000 when comedy articles and Photoshop threads were the main draw. IIRC they had their own pre-4chan-like community and it started to become a popular place that attracted a lot of people who weren't up to the existing community's standards of mean-spirited cleverness, so they added a fee to keep the kids out. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up just being a scam for money, and I also wouldn't be surprised if they just said that to scare new people away, because trololol.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Awww yeah, it's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&amp;feature=kp

It really is depressing to read, All the posts that have been there lately have been people complaining about something because everything is bad. Doesnt matter to me though because MY LIFE FOR WILDSTAR!

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Yeah, that place is pretty renowned for the misinformation, not surprised if I've got that wrong.

This discussion has been closed.