As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] Dawn of the Final Day: 24 Hours Remain. GET. HYPE.

1909192939496»

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Oo! The forum creator (who's name escapes me) has gone on record as saying the SA forums were originally a scam to make money ("In a world full of forums, who in their right mind would pay for one?"). Enough people, hilariously, bought into it and it turned into an actual community. Before you say it, that's not "cool". That's "confirmation bias".

I don't think it was always paid. I remember its early days back in 2000 when comedy articles and Photoshop threads were the main draw. IIRC they had their own pre-4chan-like community and it started to become a popular place that attracted a lot of people who weren't up to the existing community's standards of mean-spirited cleverness, so they added a fee to keep the kids out. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up just being a scam for money, and I also wouldn't be surprised if they just said that to scare new people away, because trololol.

Yeah I remember the $10 being a one-off payment to get no more ads. IIRC it had those annoying ads that are designed to look like forum posts or whatever. Otherwise it was free to browse.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Awww yeah, it's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&feature=kp

Also, I should just stop going in to the WoW thread and lurking, it's so damn depressing over there.

It really is depressing to read, All the posts that have been there lately have been people complaining about something because everything is bad. Doesnt matter to me though because MY LIFE FOR WILDSTAR!

I liked Mists of Pandaria quite a lot; I played through all the major raids and basically all of the solo content, and I'm excited for Warlords of Draenor. It's just the end of the expansion so people are bored and griping about it, which always happens.

WILDSTAARRRR THO

• Options
    Yeah it's been like 9 months since anything happened in WoW with barely any information as to when the content drought will end. We're all understandably grouchy. A lot of people are thinking Warlords might not even release until November. I'd like to be a little more optimistic than that, but fuck me they are making it hard. The expansion is still in alpha and we're all pretty much done with everything.

Wildstar has got the absolute fucking perfect release window, especially since the target hardcore players are the ones with nothing left to do in WoW.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Awww yeah, it's

Also, I should just stop going in to the WoW thread and lurking, it's so damn depressing over there.

It really is depressing to read, All the posts that have been there lately have been people complaining about something because everything is bad. Doesnt matter to me though because MY LIFE FOR WILDSTAR!

Hopefully people will educate themselves a bit more there too, like the post that Beezel responded to when someone though that dungeons took like 2 hours in Wildstar.

Also, I'm really excited by the sheer amount of people we'll theoretically have for the guilds. Even with some massive drop off after a month or two, we should have a serviceable amount of people for content.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Awww yeah, it's

Hopefully people will educate themselves a bit more there too, like the post that Beezel responded to when someone though that dungeons took like 2 hours in Wildstar.

Also, I'm really excited by the sheer amount of people we'll theoretically have for the guilds. Even with some massive drop off after a month or two, we should have a serviceable amount of people for content.

I always try to write up a response to people in that thread, then I realize, it's just not worth it. I've completely given up on WoW. I thought I was taking a break for a while due to work / new MMO's, but the more I think about the treadmill (yes I know all MMO-s are treadmills in a way), the more I don't want to run on that one anymore. The world is not as exciting as it used to be and I don't think it ever will be. All the zones look like other zones, and they seem to just be re-hashing old content instance wise in certain cases. Same zone, different mobs! Their new expacs just seem like a cash grab because its the most popular mainstream MMO there is now. Even Wildstar has aspects that are not innovative at all, but it still has caught my attention like no other in the past 10 years.

Sorry /endrant.

I need WS in me now.

Noizlanif on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Yeah, I hate really going in the thread to post but it seems a lot of the misgivings people have about Wildstar are based on kneejerk reaction, misinformation, lies or any combination of the three.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    For me it took taking a second look at the game. The first cbt I was in I really was very bored and didn't really get into the game. I decided to give it another shot because a friend was going to be playing and it really stuck. The second time I played it was a very enjoyable experience.

I'm not sure what the difference was the second time but I'm glad I gave it that second chance.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Probably just Dominion propaganda to keep people off of the Exile side.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Yeah it's been like 9 months since anything happened in WoW with barely any information as to when the content drought will end. We're all understandably grouchy. A lot of people are thinking Warlords might not even release until November. I'd like to be a little more optimistic than that, but fuck me they are making it hard. The expansion is still in alpha and we're all pretty much done with everything.

Wildstar has got the absolute fucking perfect release window, especially since the target hardcore players are the ones with nothing left to do in WoW.

Didn't they come out and say that they decided to not do any more content so they could focus on Draenor? I thought that was sorta shady since it's like "Hey, we know you guys want content and instead of following a decent release schedule you get to wait and then pay for the next expansion because we can."

Like, I enjoyed my time in WoW, but now with games following release schedules of anywhere between 1-3 months instead of 3-12 months it is starting to make them look bad. I'm sure Draenor will be good and more of that WoW polish, etc etc, but you really can't just stop giving players content.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    My daily attempts at getting more of you big babies to join the cool kids in PvP land.

All of you who are joining the PvE side due to numbers but actually like world PvP think about how sad you'll be when you hear our hilarious misadventures in the land of the brave!

Think about iittttt!!!!!

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I gave up world pvp a long time a go. I just don't need that kind of hassle when I'm out just enjoying the world and leveling.

I have to be in the right frame of mind for PvP to be fun.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »

Didn't they come out and say that they decided to not do any more content so they could focus on Draenor? I thought that was sorta shady since it's like "Hey, we know you guys want content and instead of following a decent release schedule you get to wait and then pay for the next expansion because we can."

Like, I enjoyed my time in WoW, but now with games following release schedules of anywhere between 1-3 months instead of 3-12 months it is starting to make them look bad. I'm sure Draenor will be good and more of that WoW polish, etc etc, but you really can't just stop giving players content.

Yeah they did say that. Thing is that the pace of content release for the most recent expansion was really fucking quick. Much faster than it normally is. It was great, but then we hit 5.4 and get absolutely dick all until god knows when.

Like I said, they could not time Wildstar better.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    I gave up world pvp a long time a go. I just don't need that kind of hassle when I'm out just enjoying the world and leveling.

I have to be in the right frame of mind for PvP to be fun.

Then you are not my target demographic!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »

They did more content in MoP than they've done in any other expansion to memory. Lots going on, all the time. The problem is that they did it at an absolutely breakneck pace by WoW standards but you can't really accelerate a dev cycle faster than that, so the expansion is taking as long as it normally would.

I genuinely think they expected to be much further along in WoD and somehow development got screwed up. No evidence, just what it seems like to me as someone who played WoW since vanilla.

ENOUGH WOW TALK WILDSTAR WHOOOO I am so excited you guys. So excited.

• Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    kav wrote: »
    if everyone made about six characters to try out all the classes, that amounts to just under 680,000 people in beta.

had this in my google feed this morning:
    WildStar_Infographic.jpg

Huh. That was a scan of a sheet that came in the press pack, though it's not like they said it couldn't be posted.

It was a nice press pack.

LLeEBLe.jpg

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    I'm entirely too much of a carebear to be on a PvP server. 99% of my opposite faction encounters in WoW were me encountering a lowbie, Mind Controlling them and throwing them a PW: Fortitude before waving and wandering off.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    When's Mahvel Wahldstah?

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    I'm entirely too much of a carebear to be on a PvP server. 99% of my opposite faction encounters in WoW were me encountering a lowbie, Mind Controlling them and throwing them a PW: Fortitude before waving and wandering off.

I used to drown lowbies in lakes.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    My daily attempts at getting more of you big babies to join the cool kids in PvP land.

All of you who are joining the PvE side due to numbers but actually like world PvP think about how sad you'll be when you hear our hilarious misadventures in the land of the brave!

Think about iittttt!!!!!

I know that is the thing to do in world pvp. but stop camping the corpse of the PA pvp server guild... :evil:

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Think about iittttt!!!!!

I know that is the thing to do in world pvp. but stop camping the corpse of the PA pvp server guild... :evil:

Neevvvvverrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

I'll even teabag it if I have to.

/sit
    /stand
    /sit
    /stand

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2014
    13 hours!

mzXQWIp.gif

Echo on
  • Options

Think about iittttt!!!!!

/sit
    /stand
    /sit
    /stand

I demand stories of how Whitevale is.

• Options
    Beezel wrote: »

Think about iittttt!!!!!

/sit
    /stand
    /sit
    /stand

I demand stories of how Whitevale is.

I'll make sure to add a journalistic spin to all of them and make it sound like I didn't spend my time curled up weeping on the floor.

• Options
    Gonna pull the trigger on the new thread a little early before I go to bed. I doubt it's going to take long to get another 4 pages before I wake up again.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Gonna pull the trigger on the new thread a little early before I go to bed. I doubt it's going to take long to get another 4 pages before I wake up again.

Depending on how launch goes we could need another one in 3 days.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular

Think about iittttt!!!!!

I PMed the guy about the Dominion guild on Pergo.. waiting to hear about it.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.