As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] PTR Announcement This Week(?)

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »
    that's only a single poll, need more.

http://strawpoll.me/1787668

Much better, thanks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Nah, I love PvP.

I love world PvP, I really do.

I just don't love PvP in my leveling experience.

Plus I just know that there's no way I could convince my wife to play if I played on a PvP server.

I also argue that you get flat out better at PvP in a structured environment than you ever will in a non-regulated environment. BGs are the way and the light, man. Arenas are literally the best way to become the best.

Too much structure! Too many rules!

I don't need people telling me how to do my PvP!

I'm my own man!

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    that's only a single poll, need more.

http://strawpoll.me/1787668

Much better, thanks.

Any time.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Hey Guys, did you know about this game called Wildstar? I think it's an MMO or something.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    7LlxmuY.jpg

I doubt the authenticity of the intensity here. I mean, that image isn't even shaking.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    Hey Guys, did you know about this game called Wildstar? I think it's an MMO or something.

8OIVriL.jpg

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    7LlxmuY.jpg

I doubt the authenticity of the intensity here. I mean, that image isn't even shaking.

It's too HARDCORE to shake.

• Options
    I'm far too lazy to make it shake.

• Options
    I'm far too lazy to make it shake.

or that

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Nu-thread smell, ahhhhhhhhh

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I think the two polls in this thread leave us with a very strong sense of our two guild playerbase demographics.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    There is no Dana, only JAEF!!!!!

Edit: odd, when I was typing this I heard chua in my head in place of Dana. Hypes I must have, thought-processing less so.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    EisenhideEisenhide Registered User regular
    Nah, I love PvP.

I love world PvP, I really do.

I just don't love PvP in my leveling experience.

Plus I just know that there's no way I could convince my wife to play if I played on a PvP server.

I also argue that you get flat out better at PvP in a structured environment than you ever will in a non-regulated environment. BGs are the way and the light, man. Arenas are literally the best way to become the best.

Too much structure! Too many rules!

I don't need people telling me how to do my PvP!

I'm my own man!

When I roll dominion, months down the road and when a raiding schedule is set, I will come back to open PvP with y'all. True story.
    I never rolled pve in WoW. It was boring and being ganked only makes you stronger.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    @Eisenhide, you are confusing pure, unadulterated rage with your character. One is fueled by ganking, the other by leveling and questing ;)

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    devilmanVISAdevilmanVISA Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SelvonPlays/videos

This cat has done a series of videos showcasing some of the housing plots that offer challenges. Its pretty interesting. So if you're not already tantalized enough, and you feel you need to build anticipation to even higher levels, give these a view.

I'll be reading some vintage Morrison Doom Patrol and trying not to watch the clock.

devilmanVISA on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    When I get home from work I'm cleaning off my small ass desk and going to bed

• Options
    You use a tiny donkey to play games upon?

• Options
    RethiusRethius Registered User regular
    is that not a thing? i definitely think that's probably a thing

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    I am very concerned about the well being of this tiny donkey desk.

I mean your computer is probably heavy and you seem to clean him infrequently.

PETA may need to be called.

• Options
    5xad0w5xad0w Lower Earth OrbitRegistered User regular

I think that's like less than 4.4 metric hours.

• Options
    SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    You use a tiny donkey to play games upon?

standing.png

AFK takes a new meaning.

SomeWarlock on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    When I get home from work I'm cleaning off my small ass desk and going to bed

Keep a couple pairs of socks close at hand.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    EisenhideEisenhide Registered User regular
    Papagander wrote: »
    @Eisenhide, you are confusing pure, unadulterated rage with your character. One is fueled by ganking, the other by leveling and questing ;)

I had a good time on PvP. Back in 'nilla WoW(No shit, there I was): I had rerolled horde(a good choice) with some friends and we were mid-levelling in stranglethorn vale. There were 4 of us when a 55+ paladin showed up and thought it would be fun to stomp on us. We were 39-41, maybe. I don't exactly recall.
    I do, however, recall chasing him down and the 4 of us working to bring him down. It was a good time and he bubble-hearthed after about an hour of camping.
    /nostalgiasigh

I think open PvP can be engaging in a really fun way. A fun way that isn't griefing...

• Options
    devilmanVISAdevilmanVISA Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVP1Hf9KbHw

Secret stashes, something to consider while leveling.

• Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    Welp, just got home from work. Off to the store for provisions to last the weekend and some benadryl to make me pass out when I get back so I can get some sleep before the shenanigans begin. I just can't handle the the hype, so drugs/sleep seem like the most sensible course.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Along with the secret stashes, there are also discoveries (which will usually just give a buff).

Oh hey, didn't know there were achievos for the stashes though, that's cool. I only found maybe 3 or so.

Qanamil on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Discoveries can be a LOT more than just a buff. I found a discovery once that let to an underground tunnel where ICI vendors sold me some level-relevant blues and other goodies.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    I have done my best to not get hyped for this game. I even gave away a few beta keys because I didn't want anything to do with the game.

I am seriously |-| this close to buying it now. I am just so tired of MMO's burning players.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I will be shutting down the spreadsheet at 6pm EDT

The spreadsheet is NOT required to get in to any guilds or anything: it was just to gauge interests and help people make a more informed decision when planning their first character. If you'd like to add your information for posterity's sake (or maybe organize a launch party), then you have about 80 minutes to do so!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Speaking of joining guilds....how do? Who to message (is this done via character name?) for Dom side?

• Options
    Dangerous CheeseDangerous Cheese Registered User regular
    Bah, ended up having to work saturday and sunday. Will be there for midnight tonight, just to get alt names reserved etc, but the binge playing will have to wait til monday :(

Currently watching yogscast derp around with housing to kill the time until then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jTcjh-928c

Nexus Zoning Committee - Talixa
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Speaking of joining guilds....how do? Who to message (is this done via character name?) for Dom side?

I am at a loss of this bit of knowledge as well.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014

The guild-former will have to get to level 12 and 15g first, but then they should start inviting people. Beezel is the leader on dom-side.

edit: bad numbers.

Qanamil on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'll be letting people know what name I end up with on my main tonight and will be inviting for exiles all weekend, once Sporky gets the guild up and running.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular

Guilds won't be forming immediately at 00:01PST tonight.
    The officers need to get to level 12 asap, and we need the 15gold to do the paperwork and create the guilds.
    The officers that are staying up and doing the launch are going to do everything in their power to get the guilds formed up as well as start the sign up process.

Myself, I'll notify the forum when guild registration is up and running and what my character name is in game
    in big bold letters
    so that you can whisper me for invites.

I'm not sure of the peeps who hold the correct guild names, but I can get to level 12 in about... 6ish hours? I never actually timed myself with leveling as I'd get distracted by a stupid challenge or scientist quest.
    I know I can make landfall in deradune in 1.5 hours, even with scientist missions and datacube/journal pickups. I know everything I need to hit and run across in crimson isle.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Oh my god. I watched these guys to learn how to do WoW Raid fights and. . .the wiping. So good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff4_RoyowuM

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Yeah, I believe Sporky will be leveling the character for the person that holds the name for Big Damn Heroes since he was roped in to some stuff he can't get out of. Then once the guild is up, he'll be working on his own character.
    Also, this thread needs more Europe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    At the very least, Beezel and I will be playing and I know his name will be Montague and mine will be Phoebeep. So you can add those. He will hit 12 and we will get him the money

This discussion has been closed.