As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. [Godzilla] HAIL GHIDORAH!

1383940414244»

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm only a little way into Half Century War but it is so good

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

ya i read the first 2 issues

good ish

poo
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

ya i read the first 2 issues

good ish

The best is yet to come.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    All right I am finally going to see this tomorrow and I am pretty hyped. The question is whether to see it in 3D or not. I generally have no interest in 3D but this seems like the kind of film it would actually be worthwhile.

I have only ever seen one film in 3D, Gulliver's Travels with Jack Black. Which was a terrible film with terrible 3D. But I don't know if the 3D just looked bad because it was done shoddily for that film, or if I have those eyes that don't really work right with 3D films.

Recommendations?

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    3D looks good in this one but I would not call it essential

dN0T6ur.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    See it in 2D so as not to encourage studios to keep it up with that 3d horsecrap.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Just as I enter this thread the airport music switches to Godzilla.

That's right; my airport plays classic rock instead of elevator music.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I found it too dark myself, as is usually the case when a film is converted to 3D.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Maybe it was just the theater I saw it in, but for some reason the entire thing seemed really dark to me. Like someone needed to turn the brightness up the entire time or something.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was forced to catch a 3D showing and it was pretty gloomy, although that's a fairly typical complaint of 3D; I don't think Godzilla is particularly any darker than any other 3D film I've seen.

And of course I haven't seen the non-3D version to compare with, it may be supposed to be pretty dark I dunno.

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    The big problem with dark 3D movies is that they are supposed to be shown on a brighter screen that counteracts the darkening of the glasses, but a lot of theaters don't bother getting them installed.

steam_sig.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I had forgotten about the darkness issue with 3D. Think I'll just stick to the standard pair of dees, then.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Oh, well, I watched it in 2D and it seemed really dark

But having seen clips and stuff on YouTube I have to assume that it wasn't the movie as much as it was something with that particular projector or something

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    We saw this last night in 3D. Verdict:

3D: Pretty pointless. It was neat in the opening title and that was it. Glasses were super annoying.

Monsters: Fuck awesome.

Rest of the movie: Complete shit. Terrible writing, terrible directing, terrible acting. The characters were horrifically one-dimensional, stereotypical to almost an offensive extent and uninteresting except for ONE of them and that one dies at the beginning. It went completely the opposite direction the last American Godzilla did and overdid itself on the opposite side of the spectrum yet both ended up as awful.

Except the monsters in this one were cool as hell.
    When Godzilla plasma-barfed down the female muto's throat I totally came in my shorts.

Just saw it. Thought the plot, dialogue and acting was mediocre at best. But the monsters were brilliant and that's what I went for. I loved the way they looked, moved and sounded. Every second Godzilla was on screen was perfect.

7/10 stomps