As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Millar / McNiven Project

KVWKVW Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Graphic Violence
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I couldnt find anything on it, so here it is, straight from MillarWorld forums by Millar himself. I cut the bulk of exposition out, so hit that link for the full post, but here's the clues to the next big story they are doing for next April.
Some clues:

It involves a symbiote at one stage in the story, the death of the greatest Marvel hero, a new President, a blind superhero driving a car 3000 miles and The Hulk as you've never seen them (yes them) before. It's a lot of fun and I have a feeling this is going to be MASSIVE.

So obviously it will involved Venom or Carnage. Death of the greatest Marvel hero? Is it the return of the real Captain America? Seems like Brubaker would be involved with that. Note it doesnt say the killing, but just the death. Captain Marvel had the greatest death issue, maybe it involves him? I dobut it though. Only other option would be Spider-Man since he said a symbiote was involved.

New president? Is Tony Stark going to take over America next? Maybe Nick Fury when he returns? I cant think of anyone that would be really a big name that could suit as president. Dr Doom taking over the world ahah?

Daredevil driving across America? Funny stuff. Would be hilarious seeing him and Spidey in an old pickup driving across the country or something with Spidey screaming over a blind man driving.

Hulk is obviously referencing that Red/Green image that surfaced. I doubt Millar and McNiven will be doing the followup to Pak's planned trilogy on Hulk, so Im not sure how that will work into it. This arc is planned for next April as well, which strikes me as odd since it will bleed into Secret Invasion wont it?

KVW on

• Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Maybe it's an Ultimate Universe thing?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man I hope so. I wish Millar would keep his Marvel stuff in one place.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Way to waste McNiven on Millar's hack writing....again

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Algertman, don't make me stab you with every volume of the Ultimates.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    jonny_consequencejonny_consequence Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    Daredevil driving across America? Funny stuff. Would be hilarious seeing him and Spidey in an old pickup driving across the country or something with Spidey screaming over a blind man driving.

This reminds me of that issue of What If? ("What If Daredevil Had Saved Nuke?") where Daredevil drives Nuke to the hospital.

jonny_consequence on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

Please don't kill me with all the shitty pop culture references

Algertman on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Turns out it's just a super-hero roadtrip.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Would a Marvel character becoming president work? Marvel has always been firmly rooted in a reality-based setting, and I feel like having President Stark would really compromise that. One of the things that bothered me about DC, post Luthor, is that it felt like keeping track of who was president now became part of the continuity.

Lux on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    KVW wrote: »

This reminds me of that issue of What If? ("What If Daredevil Had Saved Nuke?") where Daredevil drives Nuke to the hospital.

Or driving a pickup truck into Ultron.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Algertman wrote: »

Are you seriously saying that the Ultimates 1 and 2 sucked?

wwtMask on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    I hope the symbiote means Toxin.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »

I was just about to say that. I mean, I don't care about him that much, but I like characters to be kept in rotation.

Scooter on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Yeah, pop culture and COMIC BOOKS, whodathunkit?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Blankspace wrote: »

I was just about to say that. I mean, I don't care about him that much, but I like characters to be kept in rotation.
    I think he's a neat little character and needs to be used more often.

The last thing he was in was the The Initiative cover that had a few dozen heroes on it.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Are you seriously saying that the Ultimates 1 and 2 sucked?

Nah, I enjoy the hell out of them out side of cringe inducing pop culture crap. But Millar has has a tendency put out pure shit. Civil War being the prime example.

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    His work in the Ultimate Universe disagrees with you.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    silkypeasilkypea Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    fuck you millar is awsome. everything he has done in the ultimate universe was sooooooooooo good. also the authority. civil war wasn't the best but it wasn't that bad.

silkypea on
    from the bottom of the bottle to the top of the throne
    doom the fuck tree
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    silkypea wrote: »
    fuck you millar is awsome. everything he has done in the ultimate universe was sooooooooooo good. also the authority. civil war wasn't the best but it wasn't that bad.

You're right. Civil War wasn't that bad, it was worse.

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    silkypea wrote: »

You're right. Civil War wasn't that bad, it was worse.

Didnt really want to turn this into a Civil War critique thread, but I actually enjoyed CW for the most part. I'm talking the main series by Millar and McNiven. I didnt like the line-wide mandatory tie-ins though and after the Clor stuff, it really went south, but finished well enough for me. Not the best event ever but definitely better than a lot of the 90s and early 2000's stuff we got like Maximum Security or Onslaught and so on. Still no where near as good as Annihilation was or the current Sinestro and Conquest events.

KVW on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can't really forgive Millar for Civil War

Every time someone mentions his name, I won't be thinking of the Ultimates or the Authority, I'll just be thinking of the ending of Civil War
    and Cap crying because he just got tackled by the 9/11 Heroes

But that's just me

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Millar's run on Authority was far worse than Civil War.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I can't believe what is being said. The Authority was awsome until after millar. Then it was good again with brubaker. Then it started up again for 2 issues with grant morrison and gene ha but then they decided they were fucking idiots and decided to create the worst re-launch of multiple series ever.

silkypea on
    doom the fuck tree
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Millar can be fun, but he's kind of a one trick pony. Like Frank Miller or whatever. Civil War demanded subtlety but we just got his usual dick waving.

august on
  • Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I know lots of people were all upset about the firefighters tackling Cap, but that was Joss Whedon's idea really, not Millar's.

I didn't mind it, personally, but I know it drove a lot of people crazy. I thought as a whole, Civil War (the main series) was very good.

Asharad on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Millar seems incapable of writing likeable characters *unless* those characters are contrasted with even more unlikeable characters. This is great in "shades of gray" everybody's a dick, or are they? kinds of comics with new, or re-imagined characters.

Not so great when it leads to basically rewriting long standing characters so they suddenly have questionable reasoning and decision making skills, without any explanation as to the sudden shift of priorities.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2007
    No, I think Joss Wheedon's input was that they should end with a clear winner instead of some ambiguous bullshit.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm pretty sure one of them who is not Millar said someone has to die in the end. Loeb or JMS or Whedon and thats where Cap dying in his own book came up.

KVW on
  • Options
    comicgeek77comicgeek77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    well the new arc of "new avengers" is setting gonna be loaded with symbiotes. there was a preview cover up at marvel's site showing venom/symbiote versions of the whole team.

there has also been a rumor flying around that marvels gonna be doing a "president stark" storyline running along with next years real world election (exactley like DC did with luthor for president).

i have no clue what millar is working on with mcniven but i did just read in the new issue of wizard that he will be taking on the 616 FF with brian hitch doing the art. i have no clue how i feel about this except that im really excited to see hitch draw the thing clobbering stuff.

comicgeek77 on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    well the new arc of "new avengers" is setting gonna be loaded with symbiotes. there was a preview cover up at marvel's site showing venom/symbiote versions of the whole team.

there has also been a rumor flying around that marvels gonna be doing a "president stark" storyline running along with next years real world election (exactley like DC did with luthor for president).

i have no clue what millar is working on with mcniven but i did just read in the new issue of wizard that he will be taking on the 616 FF with brian hitch doing the art. i have no clue how i feel about this except that im really excited to see hitch draw the thing clobbering stuff.

Twice a year.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    ohhhh bust

silkypea on
    doom the fuck tree