As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Pin Team Q&A Answers

calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi WranglerSeattle, WARegistered User staff
edited March 2014 in Pinny Arcade
As to your Qs! This went around to the whole pin team (Kiko, Levin, Erika, Mike and Brian) to get all of the details. Some questions weren't answered because there just isn't anything we can say yet, but we will keep you posted on new stuff! We'll try to jump in an answer questions every so often, but most of the team's pin time is going to designing and producing them :smiley:

PAX East Pins: When are they being announced? Any repeat Pins? Any 2014 variants of previous ones?
All sort of goodness at PAX East: the PAX East set, the ten year PAX Anniversary Pin, and more.

Blind boxes: When, how, what?
Right now we're targeting holiday season this year for Blind Boxes. It's looking like each box will hold 2 pins, each in their own little bag.

Have you considered doing a Pin Panel at PAX?
We are considering it, but it might not be until Prime. We will have official trading sessions at East this year, though!

Can we have any more details about the Pin Bag?
The pin bag is designed and we're currently nailing down materials.

Is the Automata Pin part of a set? When is it coming out?
No, the Carl pin is just a single pin and we expect it to come out in late spring/early summer.

Any more info about the next Pin Edition game? Maybe a release date? (Q2, Q3, etc?)
There are too many moving pieces for us to talk about what's next in terms of Pin Editions for another game. We have a few interested parties and that interest is mutual, but nothing we can announce, nor anything to hint at. It's just... work in progress now.

Have you heard the Pinny Pal podcast? Any thoughts, comments?
[Mike]I did listen to it and I thought it was awesome. It's very cool to hear people so excited about something we're working on.

Will there be a PATV episode on Pins? Can we see The Cage of Goodies?
Everything is set for this season, but if we end up with enough material in a future season we'll definitely consider it. And Erika wanted to clarify - it's The Pinitentiary

Can we have a Club PA perk that lets us see in the sketch book?
Possibly! We definitely want to give Club PA folks cool perks like that. We'll look into it.

With Kenneth finally getting a Staff Pin, what about the other people who we have never seen or heard about before?
Unknown - Kenneth is the only staff pin addition at the moment. EDIT: Looks like Kenneth's pin will be a Prime release, not an East one.

What happened with the Little Guy Pins? First we heard it was a production issue, then Mike said he thought they changed their minds. Any ideas?
Is the Little Guy pin the Behemoth pin? I believe he will be part of their next set of pins. So he just got pushed back to round 2 since they had so many designs.

calamityjamie on

• Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular

Have you heard the Pinny Pal podcast? Any thoughts, comments?
    [Mike]I did listen to it and I thought it was awesome. It's very cool to hear people so excited about something we're working on.

s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-03/enhanced/webdr06/12/13/anigif_enhanced-7314-1394644237-5.gif

• Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    i thort this was a good spot to put this
    "A common question we get is if you renew at the $30 level later this year, will you get a 2nd Pin? The answer is YES, you will."
    from the club pa newsletter

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Can we find out which of the PAX East vendor pins will be exclusive to East, and which ones are also planned to appear at Prime and/or AUS? Knowing this would be a huge help to Pinny Pal groups.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Can we find out which of the PAX East vendor pins will be exclusive to East, and which ones are also planned to appear at Prime and/or AUS? Knowing this would be a huge help to Pinny Pal groups.

That question and several others were already sent off yesterday. Check the Community thread for the Qs, this thread for the As.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    New FAQ roundup.

• Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    More answers to your pin questions! As a reminder, the community thread is the spot to ask the Qs. Once I can wrangle answers out of the team, I will post them here. Sometimes there will be things we can't talk about - due to contracts, blood pacts, the great unknown. We will share what we can, though!

Blind Boxes - You gave Robert a giant balloon sculpture Fruit Fucker, we will give you BB info! Blind Boxes with a unique pin set are still some way off. But, Double Secret boxes with mixed pins pulled from those that have been traded back to us, including the rare or older pins ARE coming and hopefully by PAX Prime.

Trading Events - Unfortunately t's not realistic to do more pin trading events with the staff since we are all crazy busy, but a pin trading board or a handful of boards is possible. We'll look into it.

Staff Pins - No new staff pins yet. Probably East 2015 for those. You're stuck with our goofy mugs for a while longer.

Sold Out Core Set - We have a few more Core Sets around and we'll get inventory updated soon so they will be available. Once those sell out, we'll probably replace them with a new Core Set. So there is a limited quantity left.

South Pin - South will not have a 10th Anniversary Pin. M&J will have their newer pins, Staff & some Enforcers may have Cardboard Tube Samurai and Zombie Tycho available.

Prime Pins - While we would love to make an at-home set to release at the same time as the Prime set, there will probably not be a trading set at the same time as PAX Prime, just not enough design time to go around, basically. Don't know how many pins at Prime yet. We're working on some good stuff!

Still herding cats for more pin answers to your pin questions, but the team is kept pretty busy in the pin-itentiary making pins for you guys. Thanks for your pin-thusiasm!

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bit light on hard info this time... much appreciated regardless!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    WHAT A PIN-TASTROPHE!!