Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!! [Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney]

14567810»

Posts

  • Moth 13Moth 13 Volcaregular Registered User regular
    maxresdefault.jpg

  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I figured the sig was enough to clue people in...

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • GSMGSM Registered User regular
    So I only now finished the main game (I'll get around to the DLC after I've played some other games first).

    ending spoilers:
    I was getting kinda frustrated towards the end that there weren't enough characters in the last cases for someone to be the bad guy. I looked over the list of characters, and said to myself "If it's Fulbright, that's going to be dumb, because he genuinely helped us in previous cases and even in this case, which he could have just skipped if he was evil. Either they introduce a new character, or this is gonna annoy me." And lo and behold, I was annoyed.

    We'll get back there someday.
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    That is a wonderful TOTP.

    IKknkhU.gif
    WeedLordVegeta
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    GSM wrote: »
    So I only now finished the main game (I'll get around to the DLC after I've played some other games first).

    ending spoilers:
    I was getting kinda frustrated towards the end that there weren't enough characters in the last cases for someone to be the bad guy. I looked over the list of characters, and said to myself "If it's Fulbright, that's going to be dumb, because he genuinely helped us in previous cases and even in this case, which he could have just skipped if he was evil. Either they introduce a new character, or this is gonna annoy me." And lo and behold, I was annoyed.

    Ending spoilers
    Of course Fulbright is going to help you until he can get that moon rock and get the hell out of dodge. And his help during case 4 is what leads to Athena being suspected.

    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
  • GSMGSM Registered User regular
    continuing ending discussion:
    As far as he knew, the moon rock was already blown to bits. Why is he even still there then? Just pick a new face and leave already.

    But the thing that bugged me the most about this game was how often I saw critical things in evidence hours before they came up in the story. I've played too many of these games.

    We'll get back there someday.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    GSM wrote: »
    continuing ending discussion:
    As far as he knew, the moon rock was already blown to bits. Why is he even still there then? Just pick a new face and leave already.

    But the thing that bugged me the most about this game was how often I saw critical things in evidence hours before they came up in the story. I've played too many of these games.
    The moon rock was one thing, but there was also that psyche profile Simon had. I think that was his original reason for being Fulbright. After all, that was the reason he killed Metis Cykes, to eliminate anything that could reveal him.

  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    things are getting pretty strange
    iris and dahlia are twins, but what is dahlia doing out there? she was in jail. must have broken out somehow..

    and godot must blame phoenix for mia's death or something

  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I made it to the final, final testimony and my battery is dying. though I figured out who it is
    morgan fey in pearl's body. she must have killed herself

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I made it to the final, final testimony and my battery is dying. though I figured out who it is
    morgan fey in pearl's body. she must have killed herself

    Actually
    EXECUTIONS!

    EXECUTIONS FOR EVERYONE! 99% CONVICTION RATE AND WE KILL 'IM IN TEN YEARS OR LESS OR YOUR MONEY BACK

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    well, that was my second guess

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It is incredibly horrifying.

    All of Phoenix's clients would be dead by this game but for bullshit and, in some cases, literal magic.

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It is incredibly horrifying.

    All of Phoenix's clients would be dead by this game but for bullshit and, in some cases, literal magic.

    That's not true!

    Larry Butz would be okay. Oh, and Maya, until Morgan's schemes ensnared her...

  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Bring back the Butz

    djmitchellaSightTDW
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It is incredibly horrifying.

    All of Phoenix's clients would be dead by this game but for bullshit and, in some cases, literal magic.

    That's not true!

    Larry Butz would be okay. Oh, and Maya, until Morgan's schemes ensnared her...

    Maya was saved by literal magic.

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    Stilts
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It is incredibly horrifying.

    All of Phoenix's clients would be dead by this game but for bullshit and, in some cases, literal magic.

    That's not true!

    Larry Butz would be okay. Oh, and Maya, until Morgan's schemes ensnared her...

    Maya was saved by literal magic.

    No, in 1-2, Magic doesn't come into play until after the defendant has switched to Phoenix and Maya is released from custody as a result.

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Also, by having the Steel Samurai convicted in 1-3, it increases the chance that the Nickel Samurai never happens and the events that lead to 2-4 are avoided.

  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    so why is the new one rated m

  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    so why is the new one rated m

    There is a scene in which a young girl is standing in a room covered in blood and she is also covered in blood and also there is a sword covered in blood

    That's about it

    6F32U1X.png
  • TayaTaya Hit refresh Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Zay wrote: »
    so why is the new one rated m

    There is a scene in which a young girl is standing in a room covered in blood and she is also covered in blood and also there is a sword covered in blood

    That's about it

    Case 5 spoiler:
    Also the young girl says she wants to use a machine to assemble her dead mother.

  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Just finished it! (Yes, I know, I'm slow.)

    Case 5:

    I thought I was so smart at one point. I figured that the escape route *had* to be the garbage chute. Which would have made about a billion times more sense than being extreme, but whatever.

    I also expected to find out that the spy was actually Clay Terran, and that it backfired and he got super dead, or he got killed by another agent or something. I guess Fulbright was a way better answer, but I accidentally spoiled myself trying to find a hint for two choices earlier in the game. :(

    Is the DLC worth getting?

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The DLC is pretty good, yes.

    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
    ASimPersondjmitchellaThetheroo
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Sooo
    Is Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney representative of the other Ace Attorney games?

    Just I've recently enjoyed this game to an extent, but the Ace Attorney side was besieged by poor logic (having to guess how to force a contradiction that you've already figured out, having two answers for the same question, having contradictions in the evidence that don't actually present themselves in the case). So I'd be constantly reloading so as to get my credibility back so that I didn't suffer point penalties (Picarats) for correct answers.

    So, do the other Ace Attorney games have a Picarat scoring, or any sort of scoring, system? Or can you just play through them hemorrhaging credibility and not worry so long as you clear your charges?

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ace Attorney doesn't have any scoring system, but yeah as long as you clear the charges that's all that matters. In Dual Destinies I believe failing just brings you back to where you were before with full health. They've gotten better about the puzzle logic, Miles Edgeworth 1 and Dual Destinies have much better logic than in the past, barring 1 or 2 instances. And in DD, if you make too many mistakes you can consult with your partner.

    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
    Stilts
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ace Attorney doesn't have any scoring system, but yeah as long as you clear the charges that's all that matters. In Dual Destinies I believe failing just brings you back to where you were before with full health. They've gotten better about the puzzle logic, Miles Edgeworth 1 and Dual Destinies have much better logic than in the past, barring 1 or 2 instances. And in DD, if you make too many mistakes you can consult with your partner.

    I thought that might have been the case, since Picarats are the scoring system of Layton, but yeah it just made mistakes intolerable.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Wright vs Layton at least had the hint coin system in trials, I had no problem using that when I was stumped. I wonder if picarats are required to unlock the bonus stuff after you beat the game like in Layton, as I never have enough in the main games for anything cool, but in WvsL I had everything unlocked.

    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    I went through Wright vs Layton with an obsessive drive to not use a single hint coin

    It may have ruined the experience a little

    But man have they completely run out of ideas for challenging puzzles

    skLsJmt.png
    My YouTube channel! Subscribe for reviews and video editing experiments!
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I think it's more that they deliberately toned down the difficulty on both ends. And I'm reminded that I have Azran Legacy to finish.

    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I went through Wright vs Layton with an obsessive drive to not use a single hint coin

    I did the same, but I was never stuck, I just submitted wrong answers. So hint coins never really help in the first place.
    I mean the longest I got stuck was when I had to determine who was first into a room but didn't realise that I had to reorganise the suspects to find the solution. I just kept clicking on the lead person and wondering why I was failing.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I tell you one thing, I know Azran Legacy is the final Layton game, but if they ever do a spiritual sequel they need to remove that scraping sound effect that's in every sliding block puzzle. I hate those puzzles as they are and the scraping just makes them worse.

    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    From the 3DS thread over in G&T:



    I'm not sure about the "HD graphics", I'm used to the sprite-ier versions of them, but we'll see, I guess.

  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    I seem to recall that the "HD" graphics for the iPhone version weren't that popular. Wonder if these will be better.

    Of course, I still own the original games so unless there's some compelling reason to buy them again, eh.

    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PDT is not PST | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
Sign In or Register to comment.