As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TOMODACHi LiFE: SE++ Island Edition.

Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud FatherHouse GardenerRegistered User regular
edited November 2016 in Social Entropy++
Asqpx5S.jpg

Tomodachi Life is a Nintendo 3DS game where you create Miis and watch them get up to all kinds of silly stuff with a bit of input from the player. You are set up with managing your Island and putting whatever goofy butterfly effects into motion.

If you want to really understand Tomodachi Life, Brill Trinen can get you up to speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmx4kC0tiU

I wanna fill my Island up with outstanding miis, so lets post our Tomodachi QR Codes and record the antics they get up to. We can make a google Doc, if this takes off.

QR Codes for Miis outside of Tomodachi Life are welcome too, but post some info to help us fill out the rest.
We gotta input a personality. There's a fun little quiz you can take here.
0ciZ0ge.jpg
and some facts like the Mii’s name & birthdate (feel free to fake this), Birthdate-less Miis are exempt from some stuff.

Up to 100 Miis can inhabit an island, so feel free to share awesome miis you've found or created.

Good Miis can be found on Nintendo's Official Listing
and on MiiCharacters.com

Tomodachi Tomodachi Tomodachi
Xehalus wrote:
nXvrwV4l.png

VayBJ4e.png
Virgil_Leads_You on

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Nintendo's handling of the lack of same sex relationships really soured me on getting this.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Otherwise, it looks pretty fun

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    To err is human; to forgive, divine

I like the fact that after that kerfuffle, they actually said they would work on getting rep for non-heteronormative alignments. Whether they'll actually do it, though... :whoknows:

But anyway...

I'Ve got a mii~ on my wii~ who is Jesus~ with a skirt~ My oh my~ How do I get him/her~ Into tomodachi

Holy shit I should do a mii of the Emperor of Mankind.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    We'll indeed see

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    To err is human; to forgive, divine

I like the fact that after that kerfuffle, they actually said they would work on getting rep for non-heteronormative alignments. Whether they'll actually do it, though... :whoknows:

But anyway...

I'Ve got a mii~ on my wii~ who is Jesus~ with a skirt~ My oh my~ How do I get him/her~ Into tomodachi

Holy shit I should do a mii of the Emperor of Mankind.

Unfortunately, I think the wii Doesn't have a qr code function, so you'd have to transfer it to a 3DS first via the Send/Receive function.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Nintendo's handling of the lack of same sex relationships really soured me on getting this.

yeah no way im getting this

I'm finding it a bit cray how everyone who scorned nintendo for it bought it anyways. Like, yeah, sure, they said they'd work on it for the next one.. but... unless they also fired their insane PR guy...

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    It's a shame about the same sex relationship stuff. I was really excited to buy this previously.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »

I'm finding it a bit cray how everyone who scorned nintendo for it bought it anyways. Like, yeah, sure, they said they'd work on it for the next one.. but... unless they also fired their insane PR guy...

I was in that camp, but I don't have any opinion on what other people decide to do. I accepted their apology and promise of future inclusion.
    It might sound pathetic, but it's been a good source of joy in my life these past few days. Despite knowing it's a cold emotionless program, my heart warmed up a bit to see the surprise birthday party my Miis gave me at 0:01 AM. It's a fun game and I think it's really regrettable the damage Nintendo has done.

I don't fault anyone not feeling comfortable in their personages not only being not represented, but misrepresented. So far, my character hasn't even engaged with romance, but I've had a lot of fun watching folk's friendly antics.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    I too wanted more diversity and same sex relationships in the game but I wasn't going to let that stop me buying it if it makes me happy which in the first hour of playing it has made this depressed dude a little more joyful.

And hopefully if this gets a sequel it will be more inclusive.

• Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular

I was in that camp, but I don't have any opinion on what other people decide to do. I accepted their apology and promise of future inclusion.
    It might sound pathetic, but it's been a good source of joy in my life these past few days. Despite knowing it's a cold emotionless program, my heart warmed up a bit to see the surprise birthday party my Miis gave me at 0:01 AM. It's a fun game and I think it's really regrettable the damage Nintendo has done.

I don't fault anyone not feeling comfortable in their personages not only being not represented, but misrepresented. So far, my character hasn't even engaged with romance, but I've had a lot of fun watching folk's friendly antics.

I was in the same camp as you Virgil, I still bought it as well. It does feel strange to have my real life husband in the game as a female, I do not mind it as much as I really should, it looks like him, it acts like him, and in game it is him, just with female pronouns. Is that a bit problematic? Sure, but it is still a great and fun game and I am enjoying laughing at the silly hijinx that go on in the game.

I do wish there was site that had Tomodachi only Miis to browse and not regular Miis as I like having all of the Tomodachi info built right in, I need more people on my island. I was happy with just Trini and myself, but I added three characters from Kill la Kill as a joke and now I really want more people, but I am hella picky.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular

If they can't add same sex relationships I suppose it's too much to ask to make gender a slider instead of a check box.

• Options
    there's always Saints Row 2

Miss me? Find me on: