As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Protection/Storage of your Comic collection

2»

• Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Can anyone recommend a decent place online to order boards and bags? My local comic book store run out of the "current comics" size bags/boards, and it doesnt look like they will be getting them anytime soon.

muninn on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    muninn wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a decent place online to order boards and bags? My local comic book store run out of the "current comics" size bags/boards, and it doesnt look like they will be getting them anytime soon.

BagsUnlimited.com

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    bobgorila wrote:
    I store my comics digitally, for the most part.

Now if only I had a screen that would do them justice...

It's actually surprisingly fun to scan old comics if you do things like color correction to make them presentable.

I have a ton of the really old Sgt. Rock books, and I've been scanning a few and running them through photoshop to make them look good as new on-screen.

I also do this for a handful of books, especially if I have some flights or train rides in my schedule. I was surprised by how quick and easy this was to do with floppies, but I shied away from TPBs in fear that I'd bend the spines a bit too much.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    This is part of the reason I usually buy only TPBs. (Another, larger part is that I got into comics at such a late date that I have a lot to catch up on.) So I end up just throwing everything in the same bookcase as my books.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    drhazard wrote:
    This is part of the reason I usually buy only TPBs. (Another, larger part is that I got into comics at such a late date that I have a lot to catch up on.) So I end up just throwing everything in the same bookcase as my books.

i do the same. personally, i would go crazy trying to deal with all the seperate issues that would make up my collection of trades.

i used to collect the old, extremely awesome tmnt comics though. my dad would buy them for me from safeway when he bought the groceries. god that was so long ago.

Angry on
  • Options
    Vanilla CokeVanilla Coke Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Awesome.

I have a bunch of comics without bags and I'm all paranoid about them. I currently put them on my bookshelf in plastic magazine holder things from Ikea, works fine.

Vanilla Coke on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I realize this one isn't as awesome as Mani's, but a spinner rack can be had from Alias comics for $50.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    i hate bags

i mean, if they're done nicely, they're great

but if they're not perfect, they fuck everything up

Garlic Bread on