As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Frequent sign-outs

kimekime Queen of BladesRegistered User regular
I keep getting signed out and having to log back in. It's happening every hour or two, and has been occurring for weeks. I notice it mostly on my phone, but that's probably because I use my phone the most. It happens on computers/tablets too.

Chrome on my phone, Chrome/Firefox on computers. Anyone else having this? Any thoughts?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
Steam profile

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    There's a bug that causes this, but it shouldn't be happening any more. Perhaps we'll see see some other reports.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I've been getting them pretty bad recently, but only on the mobile site. Probably five times so far today.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yeah, the desktop site has been consistent, but I was signed out every five minutes on the bus ride home.

Steam profile
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I've been getting signed out at least once a week on both desktop and mobile.

It WAS fixed for awhile, but it just started up again around mid-May.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Any particular actions on mobile that seem to cause a signout, and can you describe the circumstances?

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Any particular actions on mobile that seem to cause a signout, and can you describe the circumstances?

I seem to get it most often after I visit /discussions/bookmarked (I have a shortcut to that page saved)

Usually then if I try to navigate to the main page suddenly I'm logged out.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Aioua wrote: »
    IcyLiquid wrote: »

I seem to get it most often after I visit /discussions/bookmarked (I have a shortcut to that page saved)

Usually then if I try to navigate to the main page suddenly I'm logged out.

I get it the most when I visit my bookmarks too, but that's probably because every other page visit is my bookmarks. I have gotten it on threads as well.

Usually I notice it when I load my bookmarks, the page loads as if I weren't signed in. Sometimes I will go to a thread normally, try to make a post, but sometime while I was reading the thread I was signed out (so if I refresh the page or go to my bookmarks, I'll be signed out), and I notice this because I can't make a post or a reaction (Agree/Awesome/etc).

So no, I don't really notice any pattern unfortunately. I know very little about networking, but could me doing it on-the-go affects things? Like, if the IP gets refreshed or something because I'm moving relatively fast? I'm mostly making stuff up with good-sounding words, but it's fun to speculate :P

Steam profile
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I don't ever use the bookmarks page myself, and can't report any particular reason it's happening to me, sorry. Seems totally random.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    It seems to happen most for me on my mobile devices. Once or twice a day at least, but reloading often solves the problem. I haven't noticed a pattern in terms of which page visits trigger it I'm afraid.

Yeah, I've noticed that just refreshing the page often signs me back in

Steam profile
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    It happens to me, too, on the mobile site. It occasionally happens when I visit a thread that I've visited before. I really don't like to reload, since I usually have, like, 50 new posts in the thread, and I'm afraid it'll take me to the latest post instead of my last read post.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    Yeah, it happening in that type of situation is the most frustrating

Steam profile
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I've been getting signed out almost everytime I hit the back button on the desktop site today.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    If you're reporting this I need to know OS (and version), Browser (and version), Home or Work

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    IOS 7.1.1 on my iPad, using Safari, at home

iOS latest version, chrome latest version, and I usually notice it while on the go, so neither home nor work?

Steam profile
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, this happens to me a lot on the iPad now. Latest Chrome and iOS.

Seems to happen when Chrome re-fetches the page after losing the cached page, which happens pretty fast in iOS.

Also another weird issue: I enter my name/password to log in, I get an incorrect password, the form keeps the password in it, I hit submit again without changing it and now I'm logged in.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I'm on IOS 7.1.1 and Chrome as well (Version 35.0.1916.35.8). Home network.

I also just got the same issue Echo reported, where I entered my password, it wasn't accepted (the message was "Try Again", rather than anything about an incorrect password) I re-entered my password and it was accepted.

GrimmyTOA on
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, this happens to me a lot on the iPad now. Latest Chrome and iOS.

Seems to happen when Chrome re-fetches the page after losing the cached page, which happens pretty fast in iOS.

Also another weird issue: I enter my name/password to log in, I get an incorrect password, the form keeps the password in it, I hit submit again without changing it and now I'm logged in.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. This happens pretty much every time I get signed out, yeah. And again, if I'm on a thread and it signs me out, refreshing usually signs me back in for some reason.

Steam profile
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Just started to get hit with this a few minutes ago.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit w/ Service Pack 1, Chrome 35.0.1916.153, and I'm posting from home.

Been having some issues over the last couple hours, this is the result of the cluster healing itself. It should be resolved now.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Getting this a lot lately on my nexus 5 default browser (chrome?).

steam_sig.png
    This seems to be happening a bit less frequently than it used to? I haven't been browsing on the go as much, so it's difficult to say if the reduction is in my usage or in the actual problem.

But take the credit anyways! Good job! :D

Steam profile
    Yeah I don't think this was us haha.

It was actually a while ago, I didn't mention it initially because I wanted to give it a few days, and then I forgot... But last week sometime? Can't recall if it's near your last message (the 26th) or not. Either way, thanks in general for keeping things in shape!

Steam profile
    I've been signed out three times in the past five minutes or so :(

Steam profile
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Getting frequent sign outs. Using Google Chrome on Win7

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    It's happening agaaaaaain. :(

Same setup as Pony.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

I did a thing. Perhaps it will solve these problems.

This discussion has been closed.