As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar] PTR Announcement This Week(?)

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    So apparently the Deathbringer Kala quest? Not fixed yet. They fixed a couple issues with the NPC herself but not the actual banner you have to click to initiate the fight :(

I was excited to finally be able to advance tonight, but nope.

Me and the two NZC members that did it this morning must have just gotten lucky :/

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    xY4zAGY.png
    l3Jzzx9.jpg

Just wanted to update the Exiles on various things.
    • Here is the housing spreadsheet again, please add yourself to it if you want to get in on the neighboring, and keep it updated if you've changed things on your plot. It's already been pretty useful for harvesting, especially for the less popular gathering skills. Lots of great challenges out there to try at this point, and if you neighbor people who have biomes like Farside you can use your housing teleport as a ghetto Thayd teleport!

• If you harvest from someone's garden, it is courteous to replant it if you are able. (You won't get seeds from harvesting, so replanting is just using whatever seeds you have on you.) It doesn't bother me much to get 50% of the harvest and replant myself, but I understand that it's frustrating for some people. Overall though I don't think the garden is a huge point of contention for most people...I'd rather recommend harvesting and replanting with whatever you can than not harvesting at all, but respect others' wishes if they ask not to harvest their garden.

• Didn't really announce this earlier, we have the experience flask perk unlocked! This means you can buy it at the renown vendor in the guild services tent in Thayd (ask a guard). It costs 2500 renown, which you get from running dungeons and adventures, and it gives you an 8% boost to experience gained for 4 hours. Great for leveling your alts. Might be a good strategy to save up a lot of complete quests at a hub, activate the flask and turn them all in.

• I'd been talking about unlocking a third bank tab next, but some people have expressed interest in working our way to the harvesting flask, and having looked into it further I have to say it is enticing. Much like the XP flask, it costs 2500 renown and gives an 8% boost to resource harvest yields (mining etc.). That will be nice to have ASAP as many people are farming for crafting materials to level those professions. A third bank tab costs 500k, while the flask will cost us 600k to reach. I think at this point we can stand a few more days managing the tabs we have in order to get that flask. And on that note...

• Oh my god the guild bank. Why are there so many warrior AMPs. I'm doing my best to keep it cleaned up but it'd be nice if people held off adding to it unless you're sure it's something that will be appreciated. If there's already two or three of an item in the guild bank, please don't put in more. Don't put in Formula - Unstable Grit or Formula - Armor Boost, every technologist gets their hands on Unstable Grit somehow and Armor Boost is bugged and says "already known." I'm not sure if people are using the leveling weapons or food that gets put in there, it's very generous of the people who add them but if they're not being used then they're just taking up space. Everyone should remember that everything in the guild bank at this point is there for everyone's benefit, feel free to take anything you need.

Despite all this, the bank doesn't need to be emptied completely, the space is there to be used. Take a penny, leave a penny is still appreciated.

• We gotta do more dungeons and adventures as a guild! I saw some people being frustrated at not being able to find enough people to group with and having to pug, which y'know, good luck with that. Queue as DPS for an hour and the tank leaves immediately because the healer has an assault weapon and the healer leaves after that.

I do understand why people might not be willing to do dungeons, because the rewards are just not there right now for the time investment and we've all still got our attention divided exploring this great game, doing housing, running challenges, crafting, leveling up. And a big portion of the guild is still too low level to do a lot of the content. As we level, grouping for dungeons should get easier.

I haven't done too many of them yet but I think the dungeons are really fun despite needing to wipe a lot to learn the encounters. The good kind of wiping. Only problem is being level 50 and having 10 gold repair bills, and I have like 20 gold left after buying another CREDD last night, so I'm going to have to do some more money grinding.

But yeah, I'm up for doing any dungeons and adventures with people when I'm on, with the caveat that I'd really rather not pug the tank or healer, or even more than 1 DPS if possible. I highly recommend voice chat, if you aren't set up with Mumble please get it! Makes it easier to explain mechanics and figure things out together.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I think you're right on about the level discrepancy. BDH has a pretty wide spread of levels right now so even if there are 30 folks on, not everyone is gonna want to run the level 20 dungeon. Hell, in the run we had last night I think every piece of gear other than one got greeded.

I think one issue is that gear out of dungeons doesn't last as well as you would think. Blue core crafted weapons are just as solid.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    With regard to amps, really gotta look at which ones are rep rewards for the first zone and purge those. Literally everyone has them and they have 0 value. I mean a new char could see benefit from coming in and amping up at level 6 right outta noob land, but it's just too much wasted space.

• KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Finally got my stalker to 50. The 48-50 range was super annoying, had to grind mobs for over a level, then finish with the 50 dailies at 49.

I guess now I'll just grind some plat for CRED, and then reroll a good class :p

Crafted myself epochos claws. Is there any point in learning the adventus recipes for dps claws, though? The procs don't seem that useful for purely dps, and the stats are about the same. The epochos claws I crafted got a damage on crit proc, too. Do they always get a proc, or is it rng on every craft?

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The claws above Epochos have guaranteed specials as opposed to the random variants. Also the 2nd tier Adventus claws have more base assault power than Epochos, so eventually you'd want to craft that, yes.

I was considering starting to advertise in guild/mumble about putting together some Veteran Adventure runs for the new 50s. We're not going to get gold due to the bugs, but there's probably a fair amount of blue gear that'll be upgrades for folks and it'd be interesting to still run them.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Yeah, the 2nd tier claws seemed slightly better. Not going to hurry to get that 30 more AP though :p

Just logged in, my character had no gear on in the character selection screen. Was near sure I'd log in and see all my gold and stuff gone. Nope, just the costume bug got fixed (finally!) and that was a side effect I guess.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »
    Yeah, the 2nd tier claws seemed slightly better. Not going to hurry to get that 30 more AP though :p

Just logged in, my character had no gear on in the character selection screen. Was near sure I'd log in and see all my gold and stuff gone. Nope, just the costume bug got fixed (finally!) and that was a side effect I guess.

The naked characters in character select has been going on since early release. One of the reasons I haven't rolled a male Mordesh.

steam_sig.png
  • BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Daimar wrote: »
    Keemossi wrote: »

The naked characters in character select has been going on since early release. One of the reasons I haven't rolled a male Mordesh.

My Humans tend to get naked a lot. I think my Medic is allergic to his pants. My Bunny Spellslinger always has her clothes on though.

Bonepart on
    XBL Gamertag: Ipori
    Bonepart wrote: »
    My Humans tend to get naked a lot

aww yeah

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I hit 50 last night and managed to mess around with a healing spec briefly as my Esper. Dear lord can I put out some heals even without proper gear. If Medics and Slingers put out this much healing I don't know how a group can ever die because it was ridiculous.

I may be on tonight and am up for doing whatever things lvl 50s do. I'm not finished with Grimvault yet so I was probably going to finish that before I dove into dailies. I also intend to finish off tailoring as I'm almost at Expert.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    @UncleSporky‌ I'm leveling my warrior alt lately. I'll try to take a look through the warrior amps when I'm next on to count them, figure out which are redundant, which are super easily gotten from the first zone, etc.

What is this I don't even.
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    I hit 50 last night and managed to mess around with a healing spec briefly as my Esper. Dear lord can I put out some heals even without proper gear. If Medics and Slingers put out this much healing I don't know how a group can ever die because it was ridiculous.

I may be on tonight and am up for doing whatever things lvl 50s do. I'm not finished with Grimvault yet so I was probably going to finish that before I dove into dailies. I also intend to finish off tailoring as I'm almost at Expert.

Lots of mechanics that insta-gib people if they dont interrupt. Its designed so the healer can't be a crutch when DPS fuck up.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    @UncleSporky‌ I'm leveling my warrior alt lately. I'll try to take a look through the warrior amps when I'm next on to count them, figure out which are redundant, which are super easily gotten from the first zone, etc.

I don't even play a Warrior and I can tell you they are Radiate and Full Force and IIRC Bust Out.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Cirira wrote: »

Lots of mechanics that insta-gib people if they dont interrupt. Its designed so the healer can't be a crutch when DPS fuck up.

Focus is the other issue - there's a big difference in how much I can afford to heal per second for a 30 second fight versus a 5-minute ordeal. Focus efficiency is a big thing to consider in slotting heals (and upgrading them, as higher tiers take more focus).

I will say this though - if you're a spellslinger and don't have t4 salve... I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Yeah. Luckily I think I could probably slot 1 or 2 interrupts into the heal spec for my Esper and be perfectly fine helping there. I was only using 2-3 spells and keeping up the entire group through a bugged fight that last 5 minutes. We didn't die until I ran out of focus so I'm sure if I swapped AMPs around and/or some abilities and gear I could've lasted longer. I defaulted into heal mode since the group was 3 stalkers and a warrior and someone had to.

• BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    Apparently I've missed a very central concept at some point along the way. I see my classes have various resources, be it the Spellslinger's spellpower, Medic's cube thingies, or the Engineers I don't remember exactly.

But what the hell is Focus??

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
    Apparently I've missed a very central concept at some point along the way. I see my classes have various resources, be it the Spellslinger's spellpower, Medic's cube thingies, or the Engineers I don't remember exactly.

Mana/Magic. It's basically only used for support abilities and is a thin bar under your class resource.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

I don't even play a Warrior and I can tell you they are Radiate and Full Force and IIRC Bust Out.

Well, do you want me to chunk some out and sell them, then send you the money for the guild pool?

What is this I don't even.
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular

Well, do you want me to chunk some out and sell them, then send you the money for the guild pool?

Only if we also have guild palm trees by the pool.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm

Don't worry about it, I can deal with it. That's what I've been doing. I check the auction house sometimes and it's never worth it, but on the off chance that I'm giving up some small profit I generally put more in than I got from vendoring.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

Mana/Magic. It's basically only used for support abilities and is a thin bar under your class resource.

It's specifically for heals. There are some support skills that don't use any focus, and tank classes don't have focus at all, their support abilities use the normal class resource.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    If you vendor out all the warrior AMPs from the guild bank what will we hand out as gifts at the guild "White Elephant" gift exchange?

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    I think the patch broke something. I'm getting horrific framerate drop now at random times, it's so severe it's like the crazy thing that happens when you interrupt the special attack of one of the snail type mobs.

Except it's anywhere and everywhere at random times, just a seconds long drop to zero framerate.

• madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    I think the patch broke something. I'm getting horrific framerate drop now at random times, it's so severe it's like the crazy thing that happens when you interrupt the special attack of one of the snail type mobs.

Except it's anywhere and everywhere at random times, just a seconds long drop to zero framerate.

My Scientist can't drop his Hologram anywhere but right at his feet anymore, and I've heard Tether Mine has the same problem now.

madparrot wrote: »

My Scientist can't drop his Hologram anywhere but right at his feet anymore, and I've heard Tether Mine has the same problem now.

I had the same problem with a quest "T" ability that had a grenade type reticle. If I tried to drop the reticle after hitting "t" with a mouse click it would target my feet instead. I was able to get around it by hitting "t" and moving the reticle over the target area I wanted then hitting "t" again instead of clicking with the mouse.

So yeah, the patch broke stuff. It's the framerate issue that is most distressing to me though, because it makes the game barely playable and makes random death due to framerate drop likely.

And death certainly is no minor inconvenience in a game where the rez point is usually halfway across the map from where you died (and don't even get me started on the empty-your-pockets rez in place fee, I pretend it doesn't exist).

Entaru wrote: »
    If you vendor out all the warrior AMPs from the guild bank what will we hand out as gifts at the guild "White Elephant" gift exchange?

"Alright, who's next? Qanamil?"

"Whoa...a CREDD..."

"Wow, geez...somebody really got carried away with the spirit of Christmas! ...That was me. I got carried away. With the spirit."

"Wasn't there a 20 gold limit on the gift? This is 10 platinum."

AdtdcET.jpg

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    played a bit this afternoon, had no troubles dropping nullifier fields where i wanted or death inducing lag

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST

If you're in Wilderrun, it was a bit... lagtastic last night for Suti and me (and probably others). It would do exactly what you're talking about and completely freeze, often upon entering combat or jumping on a bounce mushroom.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Amazing how much faster I feel with just that first +15% speed skill.

played a bit this afternoon, had no troubles dropping nullifier fields where i wanted or death inducing lag

In this case, I wasn't experiencing this issue until today, and nothing on my end has changed, but they did a patch last night.

Not very hard to connect those dots.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

buying it actually works? like, not a ruse?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »

I thought like if you had AMP points unspent or some weird shit it worked every time.

Beezel wrote: »

Well, it worked for me, at least.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Does BDH not have any armorers? Because I know we have several weapon guys, and I could still easily swap

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    The patch specifically mentioned it fixed the speed upgrade thinger, didnt it?

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    The patch specifically mentioned it fixed the speed upgrade thinger, didnt it?
    Yup.

"Fixed an issue that could cause players to be charged multiple times when buying the Advanced or Expert Riding Skills."

• SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Tether Mines(and I'm gonna assume all freely targeted abilities are)are semi-glitched, I can confirm.

What happens is you press the button to use them, you can mouse where you want to put them, but if you left click(as many players probably do) to place it, it resets the telegraph to right in front of your feet. If you hold down the button, you can re-aim the telegraph, but it moves the camera. Which is what I think is causing the problem, you left click to set the tether mine down, but it activates free look on left click, which causes the cursor to reset to the character's focal point(their feet). If you use the hotkey for the mine again, it works normally.

If you've been using hotkey->aim->hotkey, you won't have a problem, but this will be super annoying for those of us who picked up hit hotkey->aim->left click.

SomeWarlock on
  • surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Tether Mines(and I'm gonna assume all freely targeted abilities are)are semi-glitched, I can confirm.

What happens is you press the button to use them, you can mouse where you want to put them, but if you left click(as many players probably do) to place it, it resets the telegraph to right in front of your feet. If you hold down the button, you can re-aim the telegraph, but it moves the camera. Which is what I think is causing the problem, you left click to set the tether mine down, but it activates free look on left click, which causes the cursor to reset to the character's focal point(their feet). If you use the hotkey for the mine again, it works normally.

If you've been using hotkey->aim->hotkey, you won't have a problem, but this will be super annoying for those of us who picked up hit hotkey->aim->left click.
    Good to know; I have been using hotkey -> aim -> left click, I'll have to make a mental note to switch to just using the hotkey because I've noticed those are always a bit wonky.

Query: do you get the fabkit back when you dismantle a plugin? Asking before remodelling.

This discussion has been closed.