As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] PTR Announcement This Week(?)

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    hitting 'report spam' on my spam mail I received crashed the module used to report spam.

*inhale*
    ONE JOB

Me too. Quality control, yeah baby !!

It seems like it gives that error when the person you are reporting no longer er...exists. I tried it out this morning by attempting to report mails from guildies as spam and it seemed to work just fine (Don't worry I didn't follow through on reporting any of you)

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    So you're gonna wait half a year? :D

I didn't get a hat, but I got the shoulders!

Sure why not? I'm not in love with the outfit so not using it doesn't bother me, and this is totally the wrong time to sell it with the raiding costume pieces in a state of constant undercut.

• Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Damn this game. Can you spot the problem in this screenshot?

df59zlxmrpli.jpg

• Options
    Yeah one thing is telling you to make boots the other is telling you to make gloves.

• Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    The lesson is don't craft.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Was today raidin' hat day or something?

I also got one from a boombox this morning. I banked it. Going to wait until everyone's boomboxes run out and then see how the prices end up. If it winds up being valuable I will sell it, if it winds up being cheap I'll bind it.

Nope, today was 'Second day in a row of Elder Gem x1'. For me, anyway.

I got the Raidin' shoulders awhile back, but that and a crimson red dye have been the only things of value I've received thus far, everything else being crafting mats or rep boost potions. 80+ more chances, we'll see how it goes.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I wish my Moodie Mask could be dyed.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    Boom Boxes as a whole have been kind of wimpy. I think the only nice things I've gotten so far has been an Elite Garden and some Raidin costume pieces that I didn't want(I don't like the costume). The rest have been either crafting mats, 1 EG, or housing decor(not cool housing stuff, but like stuff like Caged Lights that an Architect can just make for ~1g).

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeah I've gotten a blue dye and thats about it, the rest has been crap

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Is there a pic of the full Raidin' set? Want to know if I should bother buying more pieces.

• Options
    the hat is the only good part

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Also:

raidin_costume.jpg

Bucketman on
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    If any Big Damn Heroes see this this afternoon and can invite "Lumenaire" back into the guild, it'd be apperciated. It's my medic reroll. Only seen one other BDH since I started again, and I think he was too busy to respond to the request. Thanks!

• Options
    Show Lopp meanface! No, meaner!

• Options
    Everyone thinks lopp are all cute and helpless. Then you see one of their guards one shot some bullshit that almost killed you five minutes previous. Don't get me started on Marshal Yatish. He drinks blood from the SHINIEST skull.

• Options
    Yeah, I just did some stuff for Yatish.

Holy shit.

• Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    Everyone thinks lopp are all cute and helpless. Then you see one of their guards one shot some bullshit that almost killed you five minutes previous. Don't get me started on Marshal Yatish. He drinks blood from the SHINIEST skull.

skyrim_villagers.jpg

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Echo wrote: »
    Show Lopp meanface! No, meaner!
    Let me hear your WARCRY!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgl3MfqJ66Y

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »

Oh sure, every time you come across him he's got bodies piled up at his feet, but does that tell the whole story? No!

When you need to kill that named birdman in Malgrave
    Yatish shows up when the dude's at 2% health and snakes the KB.

He's a phony!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    Because of Yatish, I firmly believe that those two granok women in whitevale were not "passed out drunk" and were in fact, dead. They were dead granok hookers from the bachelor party. And that lopp was the one that killed them

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Sonork wrote: »
    Damn this game. Can you spot the problem in this screenshot?

[im g]https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/ax/df59zlxmrpli.jpg[/img]

I've seen this before in some of the trees, similar situations. Usually you can craft one of the things it's telling you to craft and if you don't see "1/5" pop up or whatever you try the other one and it works. Generally they want the harder thing to make, the thing that requires additives.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Look, dude, chill out. I'm just warming my hands. I didn't realize you had the market on fires as well as science.

Jeez.

mrx8Avj.jpg

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    That was weird. Just tried to log on and got the error "Whoops, we dropped the cryo pod." and couldn't log in.
    What the heck.
    A few minutes later I'm in.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Mining is crap right now for making money. Everything xenocite and down is selling for below vendor cost.

Creating amazing opportunities to capitalize by buying it all and then selling to vendor. This will in turn decrease supply and then costs will go up.

It's not far enough below vendor cost to make it lucrative to buy and re-sell. Just low enough to make vendoring what you already have the only option (or craft with it and vendor the results, which makes slightly less after paying for flux and power cores but gives crafting exp at least).

Also uh. Don't vendor mining resources. That's an atrocious idea. If stuff is selling below vendor prices right now, buy that shit. Wait one month. Become a zillionare. There are a million alts leveling right now. Next month those will likely have leveled out quite a bit.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Seemed to be the other way around, actually. Titanium as an example started out far higher than vendor price, to the point where you could make 2 gold off of just 20-30 of it. Now it's dipped below vendor price in just a week.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Mining is crap right now for making money. Everything xenocite and down is selling for below vendor cost.

Creating amazing opportunities to capitalize by buying it all and then selling to vendor. This will in turn decrease supply and then costs will go up.

It's not far enough below vendor cost to make it lucrative to buy and re-sell. Just low enough to make vendoring what you already have the only option (or craft with it and vendor the results, which makes slightly less after paying for flux and power cores but gives crafting exp at least).

Also uh. Don't vendor mining resources. That's an atrocious idea. If stuff is selling below vendor prices right now, buy that shit. Wait one month. Become a zillionare. There are a million alts leveling right now. Next month those will likely have leveled out quite a bit.

I could fill up my entire bank with ore in a week if I didn't want that space for anything else. I have as much stashed away as I care to devote to it, but beyond that... it's getting vendored/made into weapons (which I then vendor because crafted weapons don't sell).

There's also no guarantee that the prices are going to go up, so buying at a loss over vendoring could bite you in the ass. But in any case, I can't buy up this ore (which is only priced a few coppers under vendor btw, so it's not something you can buy and then vendor to make a profit) because I have no more room to hold ore.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Meh, level 22, full crafted insight gear and a nice support weapon, and I can't teleport into the damned 20 dungeon when using group finder. Guess I'll keep cutting down trees.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Medic bug with engineers is still in the game.

IF YOU ARE AN ENGINEER TANK AND YOUR HEALER IS A MEDIC, REMOVED REPAIRBOT FROM YOUR BUILD. IT CAUSES THE MEDIC TO BE UNABLE TO HEAL YOU.

There is absolutely NO excuse for this kind of shit, and I'm glad CREDD is so cheap because this is not worth $15 a month. Every day I'm discovering more and more bugs, and this is now gamebreaking stuff. I literally have to make a macro now to spam when there is an engineer tank that they have to change their build just for me. Not to mention broken quests like the eldan fragment daily (Yes, it is a daily: the NPC literally tells you to come back tomorrow), War of the Wilds (no no, not just objectives!), disappearing buffs, and much much more!

Do not add new content. Fix bugs. Fix bugs and never stop fixing them, because new content is just going to add even MORE bugs and that's the last thing the game needs.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    This has been your hourly "Rorus rants about bugs." post.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Could be worse.

Wildstar could be at the 'paid beta' level like Elder Scrolls Online.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Yeah, at least the game is functional? I mean, combat still feels fairly sharp barring some latency issues.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    WILDSTAR is all qued up for the big ol' 3 Months Past Release Patch that fixes the bugs which should have been fixed before release.

Could Digitex get an invite to the Dominion guild, please ?

• Options
    Crafting spreadsheet!

Spreadsheets are the new polls.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Could be worse.

I've had way more bugs in Wildstar than I had in ESO.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Kamar wrote: »
    Could be worse.

I've had way more bugs in Wildstar than I had in ESO.

Anecdotally, I have heard of FAR more bugs in ESO, and I've only played the beta of that.

Not that fighting over who has worse bugs matters, since as an MMO, they're gonna fix that over time. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Crafting spreadsheet!

Spreadsheets are the new polls.

I had to uh...expand the column width. I may know too many patterns :3

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to the guys that ran Veteran Adventures tonight. Notwithstanding what should have been a gold on War of the Wilds and the lag on Siege of Tempest Refuge, both of those, particularly the latter, seem fairly doable to achieve gold on.

We did get a ton of blue upgrades for folks though, so that's nice. And getting two Silver medals for some people's first Veteran runs was pretty awesome.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    xgalaxyxgalaxy Registered User regular
    WoW was pretty damn buggy on release too.

GW2: Rancid Cupcake (Necro), Ranch Dressing (Ranger)
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    xgalaxy wrote: »
    WoW was pretty damn buggy on release too.

Ten years is a long time, people expect things to be a bit better now.

That said, played WoW on release day and I'd say the game had a ton of server stability issues but myself and my guild didn't encounter too many bugs during the leveling experience or during progression, except when we semi-cheated with a Paladin talent and one shot the world boss Kazzak.

• Options
    Wow, when they adjusted the vendor cost of the architecture decor items I didn't realize they reduced it below the vendor value of the raw materials.

Iron plank = 5.82
    5 Iron Chunks = 5.95

That's pretty lame.

This discussion has been closed.