As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-Pax Multiplayer Gaming for the Summer Times

BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions AnalystArkansasRegistered User regular
Hey fellow Paxers, I had an idea that I think would help us forumers become closer friends and have some fun while doing it, way before Pax ever gets started.

We are all obviously in to gaming so why don't we all game together? In this thread we can share our user names for our respective online venues of choice. Looking for friends to play psn games with? Perhaps xbox live, or a Nintendo game? Not in to consoles, no problem list your steam user name or user name for the MMO, or online game you may be playing.

Any games that you would like to find people to play with, or would like to get in to, feel free to list them here. I greatly enjoy meeting new people and playing video games so I figure this is an amazing chance to meet some awesome people and make new friends while doing the thing we all love (gaming.)

What this thread is not for:

Let's not turn this thread in to a social media share, lets not share facebook links, youtube links, or anything of that sort. I would like to keep this just about friends and gaming together.

I think this is a great opportunity to break the ice and meet friends before pax, and could help all of us be a lot more social. For first time Pax goers, or those of you coming to Pax alone this is an awesome way of making a group of friends that will already be waiting for you there to enjoy the convention with.

So I will go ahead and get this thing started as sort of a template.

PSN (p3,ps4,psvita) - User name: Badnews65
Xbox live (xbox 360) - User name: Badnews65
Nintendo (3ds,WiiU) - User name: Badnews65
Steam (pc) - User name: Badnews65

Games I currently play online:
Call of Duty Ghosts (ps4)
Killzone Shadowfall (ps4)
Border Lands 2 (steam)
Dayz (steam)
Mario Kart (WiiU)

We could even post games we are wanting to get in to but don't currently have anyone to play with, for example I have always wanted to try Mine Craft but never had friends that played it.

I am certainly open to play any other games online, so I look forward to seeing what other games you all are playing and am certainly looking forward to playing those games with you all.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think this thread is a great idea. One more point though, we have a vast Games and Technology section on the PA forums (with a huge subsection for MMOs). If you want to discuss a particular game, that's the place to do it. This is just for connecting with other paxers :)

• RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I really love this idea, it can be really hard to meet other gamers (apparently we all just sit around waiting for PAX :D) so this is awesome.

XBox 360: post rapture

I have: Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Minecraft, Dead Island

My husband and I usually play games together so there'd be 2 of us.

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Xbox 360 & PSN (PS3, PS4 & Vita) RheaStartstorm.
    Favorite Games Multiplayer:

Borderlands 2 (Xbox)
    Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox)
    Last of US (PSN)
    Mass Effect 3 (Xbox)
    Watchdogs (PSN)

I use PSN more than Xbox live these days. Also in the PDX metro if anyone is interested in meeting up for boardgames :) if you want to play together just message me and say something like Hi I'm a paxer lol. I also have a 3DS so keep street pass on at PAX :)

Rhea_starstorm on
  • rahnawynrahnawyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Steam - rahnawyn
    Nintendo Network ID (3DS, WiiU) - rahnawyn
    3DS Friend Code - 3625-8723-7480

rahnawyn on
  • embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    This is such an awesome idea!

I have both a PS3 and a PC with Steam. That being said, I'm almost never on my PS3...while I'm on Steam pretty often.

Steam - embraceternity
    PSN - Zelthie
    I also have a 3DS and I'll update this post when I'm able to see what my friend code is.

I play Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Pokemon X for 3DS.
    On Steam, I play Defiance, Borderlands, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, aaaand etc. Any popular game that has MP, I probably have.
    I also play games like Diablo, Starcraft and WoW. I'll update the post when I'm able to retrieve my friend ID # for that. Same with the game SWTOR.

• BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    This is such an awesome idea!

I have both a PS3 and a PC with Steam. That being said, I'm almost never on my PS3...while I'm on Steam pretty often.

Steam - embraceternity
    PSN - Zelthie
    I also have a 3DS and I'll update this post when I'm able to see what my friend code is.

I play Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Pokemon X for 3DS.
    On Steam, I play Defiance, Borderlands, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, aaaand etc. Any popular game that has MP, I probably have.
    I also play games like Diablo, Starcraft and WoW. I'll update the post when I'm able to retrieve my friend ID # for that. Same with the game SWTOR.

I used to play defiance and Swotr, perhaps I can dust those games off. If anyone else has borderlands 2 for steam/pc we can do some 4 player co op.

Rhea, I have watchdogs for psn as well. Is there any co op multiplayer on there? I know you can be invaded sort of like Darksouls. I will be happy to add you to PSN to see if there are any other games we have in common to play.

• pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Add me up! When I'm not reviewing games, I am generally available whenever :)

Steam - GBPogoplay
    Xbox Live - Pogoplay
    PSN - Pogoplay

I mostly play Counter Strike: GO, and Diablo 3 for the time being, but I am wanting to get some people in on TitanFall and such!

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    Steam - Hoboking006
    Origin - Hoboking006

Mostly play King Arthurs Gold, Team Fortress 2, and Titan fall.

May PAX be upon you.
  • TechniqueTechnique Goonswarm Exterminator Registered User regular
    Awesome!

Here is my Steam name [BWC] Technique or instead use link http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tech212

I am playing War thunder, TF2, prop hunt and Age of empires 2 HD

o4vrzit5k22f.png
  • ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Great idea, BadNews65. I'm looking forward to adding some PAX attendees.

I'm mostly on my PC, so you can find me on Steam - Zombicus (Pibson is my display name). I use the same account name for Xbox Live. My Battle.net tag is Pibson#1286, for anyone playing Blizzard games.

I own plenty of PC games, but I'd love to fire one of the Xboxes up for any Halo title or some Titanfall with any of you.

Zombicus on
    Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
    I got Titanfall on the pc :( if anyone got in to the Battlefield Hardline beta or has Titanfall my Origin ID is... You guessed it Badnews65

Been busy all last week and this weekend with work. I will add all of you this afternoon. Maybe we can get some games going this week/weekend. Can't wait! :D

• RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I tried adding you xbox folks earlier this week but it just gave me error messages. :( Do we have to play with each other first or something?

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    On Battle.net, I'm RavenHusky#1439 if anyone is interested in playing a game of Hearthstone.

Update:
    3DS FC: 3239-4646-4593
    Currently only playing Pokemon X

Edit: Steam: RavenHusky

RavenHusky on
    tw787Xr.png

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Sweet. I'm mostly spending my time on PC these days since. I'm up for Titanfall, CS: GO, Borderlands 2, TF2, Starcraft 2, L4D2... lots of things. If only FTL was multiplayer! I've also played more Dota 2 than I care to admit, though that has been like a once a week deal lately.

But like BadNews said, I'd be up for expanding to some other stuff with a group--I've had fun with Minecraft but only played it for a few hours with my nephew. And my brother's been trying to get me into Hearthstone...

Steam: Lone Gunman (it's a picture of a cupcake destroying things...)
    Origin: xxLoneGunmanxx
    Battle.net: I'll edit later

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • CrielCriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Great idea :)

Xbox: xxxsomething(GTA V mostly)
    Battle.net: Criel#1324
    ROONSCAPE?!?!: Badclassfile
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041767617

Criel on
  • UrDmizUrDmiz Registered User new member
    edited June 2014
    Ill jump on this Idea, on steam all day even at work. mostly playing Dota and wildstar atm,

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/urdmiz/

UrDmiz on
  • LindabearLindabear Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I work during the day - so you will probably only see me on at night or the weekends!

Steam: Lindabear. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lindabear

Same avatar as the one for the forums - Location: Portlandia

Games: DayZ, Payday 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands 2, Portal(s), Terraria, Starbound, Killing Floor

I'm always looking for people to play Payday with!

Lindabear on
    PAX Prime 2013 [X]
    PAX Prime 2014 [X]
    PAX Prime 2015 [X]
  • BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I've been SUUUUUPER busy with work, so the majority of the gaming I've been doing is on Steam, but even that's not as much as I'd like. Add me up if you like!

SteamID: StealthATK
    EDITED XBL: Unhealthy
    PSN: StealthATK
    Battle.net: *Will Update*
    Nintendo: *Will Update*

BouwsT on
    Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    Usually play PS4 or MTGO, kind of over played diablo so taking a good long break from it for now:

PSN: Flix1975
    MTGO: BatmanBruceWayne

My gaming hours are a bit odd now that I am working nights but generally if I am off I play off and on throughout the day

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • GammaknightGammaknight Registered User regular
    This is a fantastic idea ! I'm often PC gaming with my girlfriend mostly games like Dark Souls 2, elder scrolls online, counter strike and the such.

Xbox360: Gamaknight007
    Steam : gamaknight

( I know the spelling is off, I made these accounts when I was about 14 7 years ago with the help of my older brother. Unfortunately neither allow you to change it without cash. (Or in steams case not at all))

I game mostly in the night pacific time so if you want a hand with getting through a hard boss in dark souls sign me up for some jolly cooperation!

Bonus I play with my significant other so more likely then not you will get two for one!

• GammaknightGammaknight Registered User regular
    This is a fantastic idea ! I'm often PC gaming with my girlfriend mostly games like Dark Souls 2, elder scrolls online, counter strike and the such.

( I know the spelling is off, I made these accounts when I was about 14 7 years ago with the help of my older brother. Unfortunately neither allow you to change it without cash. (Or in steams case not at all))

I game mostly in the night pacific time so if you want a hand with getting through a hard boss in dark souls sign me up for some jolly cooperation!

Bonus I play with my significant other so more likely then not you will get two for one!

Forgot about battle.net
    : Gammaknight008

• Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular

Oh yeah isn't that ridiculous? Thankfully I was able to change my xbox gamer tag when the 360 1st came out (I believe they gave everyone 1 free name change) since I got tired of people thinking 'Heihachi' was 'Hitachi' and of course getting heckled all game since at the time Heihachi was a Tekken character only on PS1 / PS2

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Good friend of mine (goes by AMJacker on most networks) hosts Friday Night Magic at Earl's on the Ave (21+ only.) It's not an official bar function (Earl's is a dive-y sports/college bar known for strong drinks), but he usually has at least two large tables claimed and a Twitch stream going the whole night. Starts whenever friends show up after work; 5, 6ish, sometimes 4ish. All (21+) are welcome.

Sorry for going tabletop in this thread, but I think it fits the ice breaking theme (for locals, at least.)

Initialdor on
    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • CrielCriel Registered User regular
    Initialdor wrote: »
    Good friend of mine (goes by AMJacker on most networks) hosts Friday Night Magic at Earl's on the Ave (21+ only.) It's not an official bar function (Earl's is a dive-y sports/college bar known for strong drinks), but he usually has at least two large tables claimed and a Twitch stream going the whole night. Starts whenever friends show up after work; 5, 6ish, sometimes 4ish. All (21+) are welcome.

Sorry for going tabletop in this thread, but I think it fits the ice breaking theme (for locals, at least.)

+3 coming!!

• SantODiablO83SantODiablO83 Registered User regular
    Add LoganLaw (both Xbox and PS3/4) It'll be a while before I can accept your friend request. Still deployed.

• spillcanvasgirlspillcanvasgirl Registered User regular
    League of Legends: Bossy Kitten (ARAM only, mostly)
    I play Project Zomboid a lot. Can host server.

That is awesome! I love Project Zomboid. I play it from time to time. Is your LoL handle also the same for steam?

o4vrzit5k22f.png
  • spillcanvasgirlspillcanvasgirl Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

Technique wrote: »

That is awesome! I love Project Zomboid. I play it from time to time. Is your LoL handle also the same for steam?

Steam is either catwelk or pokemonchampion, I log in with pokemonchampion but ive been told my URL is catwelk so XD and my display name is Volcarona so Steam is just all kinds of confusing

spillcanvasgirl on
  • CosmopolitanCosmopolitan Registered User regular
    I'm in between games right now trying to find something to catch my interest with.
    Steam: RhamaLlama
    Battle.Net: Rhamantus#1973
    LoL: RhamaLlama

I have a 3DS but the only games I currently own for it are Animal Crossing and the latest Zelda. I own Minecraft but it gets kind of dull without someone to talk to or feeling uninspired to build something.

• ElderbornElderborn Registered User regular
    You know what might be fun? A large scale gmod or minecraft community project or something. :D steam: t1324567

edited June 2014
    That is a great idea Elderborn. I have not played even 1 second of Minecraft but wouldn't mind getting in to it, are we talking PC or console version? I have been slacking on my friend adding since I have been out most weekends these past few weeks. Also for all of our PS4 friends the Destiny Alpha has been extended. I will be on there tonight. Feel free to join me.

BadNews65 on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    so there actually already is a fairly substantial minecraft server run by forumers. Its activity comes and goes, but there's a lot there.
    http://paxcommunity.net/minecraft

it's a couple steps behind the official release because we run bukkit and the multiverse mod usually lags behind a tad. There's two survival only maps, a creative only map, and then our map with pax on it. We have a fully done up BCEC, and a mostly constructed WSCC. the "seattle" around the WSCC needs a /lot/ of work though.

That sounds awesome and pretty intense I always get excited seeing how much detail and work someone put into replicating a well known place.

edited June 2014
    hey guys, there is now a steam group that allows the people who posted their steam name on this site (by invite on steam) to to be in one group so everyone can get to know each other better and have game events done more effectively. It would be a bit more organized and also gives a chance to see who is coming to Pax this year! If you don't won't to be in the group that is fine, but i think be a good idea to get more people included in games that allows at a lot of players to join at once more easily.

Everyone who posted a steam handle here will get invited, but please let me know if you haven't got one yet. I will check back from time to time here to keep the group updated.

The link to the group is here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/prepaxmulti

Technique on
    o4vrzit5k22f.png
    So I've been suckered into the Steam sale, I so far have purchased Dragon Age, Skyrim, Long Live the Queen, and Windborne. I'm really intrigued by the last two as one is a dating simulation game of a sorts where you try to make it to your coronation day without dying.

My big purchase has been wasteland 2. I got a few others here and there.

• BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    League of Legends: BLaZuRE
    Steam: BLaZuRE
    I actually play primarily League nowadays.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
    Long Live the Queen so far has been interesting and mildly frustrating trying to level the proper stats to pass each "test". Windborne is lovely and shows a lot of promise as it's still in early access phase.

• jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Xbox 360: JukkaKhan (Mass Effect 3)
    PSN: Jukka_Khan (The Last Of Us)
    3DS: 4081-5661-1723 (Pokemon Y)
    Steam: jukkakhan (Oh geez Steam Sale. Max Payne 3, Castle Crashers, L4D2, Monaco)

In typing this, I am realizing how little multiplayer (and games in general) I've been playing lately heh.

PimDtoK.png
  • Joebeest86Joebeest86 Registered User new member
    Xbox One/360 : Ham Hole
    Pretty much play anything. If I don't have it I'd probably get it. But mostly gta5 at the moment. I have a bunch of stuff for the one as well.