As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar] PTR Announcement This Week(?)

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    so, Nexus Zoning Committee:

Is the guild badge displayed the actual badge? Because it looks like a placeholder like if a guild hadn't got around to making a badge yet.

I mean I get like a zoning/construction sign but

but

Are you the magic man?
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    it is a zoning construction sign and it is a hammer.

and after 30minutes of searching I am disgusted there is no hamster with the ''deal with it'' meme. and I am not on my home compy to make a chua ''deal with it'' meme pic.

I'm disgusted with the internet...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I got an epic boar mount tonight, strangest thing. It says 'doesnt use your riding level, but is faster than the normal mount'.

I was thinking about selling it, because that has to be super rare, but I've never had anything actually expensive, sell. so logic tree went: This game is busted, do I want to use it to potentially buy another month or multiple off a whale who abused arch, or I can have fun now and keep playing for the remainder of my time. I'll probably be able to earn a credd in the next 2 weeks anyways if I want.

It's a magestic sum'bitch though!

uB7GjRem.png

steam_sig.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm glad I took an extra day off on top of the 4 already for my vacation, gotta try to make up for lost game time. :P

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2014
    Frei wrote: »

but
    It fits with the theme?

Yes, it certainly does!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited June 2014
    Frei wrote: »

but
    It fits with the theme?

Yes, it certainly does!

Duh. I said it fit the theme (that it's a zoning/construction sign). It's also so plain and looks like a placeholder. I know what it is, it's just ugly. It doesn't affect me at all, was just wondering.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
    like the Exile guild badge could be a picture of Malcolm Reynolds and a picture of a guy wearing a cat tail and rabbit ears, but I still wouldn't have to think it looked good even if it fits the theme.

Are you the magic man?
  • GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Thanks to the guys that ran Veteran Adventures tonight. Notwithstanding what should have been a gold on War of the Wilds and the lag on Siege of Tempest Refuge, both of those, particularly the latter, seem fairly doable to achieve gold on.

We did get a ton of blue upgrades for folks though, so that's nice. And getting two Silver medals for some people's first Veteran runs was pretty awesome.

I think siege should be pretty doable, It was a blast trying to heal that and pretty easy overall. I need to get a bit better with focus I think but other then that it went rather smoothly. Well besides that esper boss, he can die in a fire. Disorient wouldn't be so bad if there was some logic to it instead of random and if it didn't keep changing.

steam_sig.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I preferred the Hammer and Flag emblem...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    well we could have another poll.

If that's what you really want

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    POLLS FOR THE GOD OF POLLS!

You get a poll, you get a poll, everybody gets a poll!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    All guild emblems are going to look painfully generic. It's not like there are a lot of customization options. You select foreground image, you select background image. That's it.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Is the Siege of Tempest Refuge broken? I've been in the group finder for it over an hour as a healer.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Yesterday, Luminaire was getting endless queues in the group finder for both pvp and dungeons. Haven't heard anything else to this effect though.

Bugs for the Bug God?

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    It's fathers day and its Sunday. Seems slow in general

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Erm, yeah, totally, I meant to add "last night" to when Lum was getting queued forever.

You make sense though.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I need to get into some guild group action tonight I have missed out on a lot lately

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    This last respawn point in West Grimvault is driving me fucking insane.

It's bad enough that you die from falling straight through a floating platform because lolbugsamirite

Then you need to go all the way back from the one fucking spawn point

And half of it you're not even allowed to use your mount because fuck you, that's why

Don't get me started on that exhaust vent mission in the phage lab, either

That thing needs to die in a fire, just. UGH

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I have to say, after using my tailoring to gear up my spellslinger for both healing and dps, I find healing in groups to just be amazingly fun. I'm not sure how the other healers stack up, but my spellslinger just feels amazing in terms of healing. I feel like i have enough AOE heals to keep the non-retarded dps topped up, and enough burst and single target healing to take care of the tank. Feels great.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Wow, when they adjusted the vendor cost of the architecture decor items I didn't realize they reduced it below the vendor value of the raw materials.

Iron plank = 5.82
    5 Iron Chunks = 5.95

That's pretty lame.

They did this to fix a 'loophole' that was created for both Iron Planks, and Silver Kegs.

You could buy Titanium Chunk below 9s, 60c and make Silver Kegs for profit, massive profit. The market on my realm was 4-7s p/u.

I managed to make 6p from doing this for three days straight before the patch hit. Was it worth it? Probably not, but it turned into a CREDD at first day they were available, which I'm expecting to flip when the price of CREDD gets to normal price ranges.

The nerf was entirely not necessary. The player market is just awful. People don't understand how buy / sell orders work, so they were just dumping shit at far undervalued prices. Had Carbine left it as it was, the market would have eventually adjusted. My realm was selling titanium at 8s+ before patch, now it's back down again to 4s.

Being someone who abused the hell out of this, I understand why they felt it needed to be changed, but come on. It's the player market, they aren't fixed prices. This is how being an early investor to the market rewards players. Now, as you mentioned, leveling architecture is a goldsink as there is nothing you can level to even hope to break even now.

onesixty2 on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    The real fix they need is to simply disallow people from listing anything at a loss (compared to vendor).

That would solve a lot of problems.

Regina Fong on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The real fix they need is to simply disallow people from listing anything at a loss (compared to vendor).

That would solve a lot of problems.

I don't necessarily disagree, but WoW doesn't do that (or at least didn't, dunno if they changed it) and they haven't had the same issue. Maybe it was an issue at the start? Either way I feel like the free market will take care of it. There's no point in selling stuff that cheaply, but there is a point in buying it, whether to vendor or use for crafting or whatever else.

That doesn't really mean anything in regards to architecture though. Not sure they should have patched that. Free market and all. Normally I'm a pretty regulations friendly dude but not in MMOs.

Trying to apply market theory to an economy where the actors can create new money (by murdering magically respawning hobos) is a stretch.

In any case, nothing is stopping idiots from giving their stuff away at a loss if that's what they want to do. It would however stop people from placing below-value buy orders to mislead the unaware into selling their stuff at a loss on the commodities exchange. That behavior is not healthy for a free market economy at all.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I just can't get over these shades.

SqbEfqs.png

• CelaenoCelaeno Registered User regular
    Unintended side effect of Wildstar's housing: a deep and profound need to redecorate the actual house.

Also, a desire to use owls in all the decor. All of it.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    it is a zoning construction sign and it is a hammer.

and after 30minutes of searching I am disgusted there is no hamster with the ''deal with it'' meme. and I am not on my home compy to make a chua ''deal with it'' meme pic.

I'm disgusted with the internet...

@NotoriusBEN‌

Had to...

chua-dealwithit.gif

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Veteran Gold on both Siege of Tempest Refuge (100% Generator *flex*) & War of the Wilds! Grats to Kass as both Epics that dropped were Light Armor :P

Kinda interested in Veteran Crimelords now.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    see everyone!

@Figgy knows what's up. Thank you Figgy, you made my entire week.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    Yeah those vet adventures were fun, doesn't really seam all that hard. Wotw is still boring though, easy loot but yesh.

steam_sig.png
    Trying to apply market theory to an economy where the actors can create new money (by murdering magically respawning hobos) is a stretch.

In any case, nothing is stopping idiots from giving their stuff away at a loss if that's what they want to do. It would however stop people from placing below-value buy orders to mislead the unaware into selling their stuff at a loss on the commodities exchange. That behavior is not healthy for a free market economy at all.

I mean, the US also creates money when it prints it. It's not that big of a stretch, especially given the much smaller scale and more easily manageable.

My question then is, why is this a problem for Wildstar, but not a problem for other MMOs?
    Or is this yet another knee jerk first month "THEY SHOULD PUT THIS ULTIMATUM IN" despite not having a long term view of the situation? I see SO MANY things people in this thread are saying that sound exactly like that, which would be not out of place at the wow launch as well. Problems that worked themselves out as people figure out the game or little things that get patched out. People want these huge sweeping changes and they haven't given the time to see if it's needed.

So, what's different about Wildstar as opposed to WoW that makes you think this is a problem that won't work itself out?

SniperGuy wrote: »

I mean, the US also creates money when it prints it. It's not that big of a stretch, especially given the much smaller scale and more easily manageable.

My question then is, why is this a problem for Wildstar, but not a problem for other MMOs?
    Or is this yet another knee jerk first month "THEY SHOULD PUT THIS ULTIMATUM IN" despite not having a long term view of the situation? I see SO MANY things people in this thread are saying that sound exactly like that, which would be not out of place at the wow launch as well. Problems that worked themselves out as people figure out the game or little things that get patched out. People want these huge sweeping changes and they haven't given the time to see if it's needed.

So, what's different about Wildstar as opposed to WoW that makes you think this is a problem that won't work itself out?

Well so far the way this is "working out" is with Carbine nerfing the vendor prices of finished items to compensate for the fact that it's so cheap to acquire unfinished materials on the commodities exchange. Which makes gathering seem pointless and crafting less worthwhile as well.

It will all work itself out, it just isn't working out in a way that's fun.

(Also you ignored the difference between market actors printing money and the entity responsible for controlling money supply printing money but that's sort of irrelevant and I'll leave that except to ask that you stop making silly economic arguments).

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    The pendulum swings!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    In WoW I don't even think they allow you to sell under vendor value. It renders the market really damn useless because not only is shit selling for too low a value, but it's also not selling low enough for it to be worth buying in bulk to vendor away (the listing fee adds to the price).

YL9WnCY.png
    In WoW I don't even think they allow you to sell under vendor value. It renders the market really damn useless because not only is shit selling for too low a value, but it's also not selling low enough for it to be worth buying in bulk to vendor away (the listing fee adds to the price).

And that's exactly where we're at right now. The prices on so many things is just slightly below vendor value. Not low enough to allow buying and vendoring to get it off the market, but so clogged up you can't sell anything either.

I'm just not sure how that's benefiting anyone.

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular

Unless something changed REALLY recently, you can sell for under vendor value.

Someone had a ton of Black Temple epic gems on the AH for around 3g each buyout. They vendor for 5g. Easy 100 or so gold(SO MUCH!).

So yeah, it happens. It makes me scratch my head when it does, but it happens. I mean, not only was the guy shorting himself 2g per gem, there's the AH cut. So he probably only got 2.85g per gem(after 10 years of WoW, I'm still not 100% sure of the AH cut. I think its 5%.)

I know that at one point they did, because for a while my auction addon had a "scan for below vendor price items" button and would occasionally grab a few of those.

As far as who it benefits, if you need to say, level architecture, low prices on iron is fantastic. So don't buy it and vendor it, buy it and level architecture. Or vendor what you have and make more money than you would on the market. Or wait a while for the supply to dry up. Remember, people also have those level 1 mining plots and are hitting those every time they log on. Iron is in massive supply at the moment.

The only legitimate reason for nerfing architecture like that is in regards to other professions I suppose. All the other professions aren't designed to work that way, and letting architecture be the far and away easiest way to make money is not intended. So while the nerf is a little odd, I can see why they would do it.

I still don't see why they need to fix the AH to prevent player stupidity. Because, again, WoW didn't have as big of an issue with this. Or maybe they did, and it just isn't that big of an issue and went away pretty quickly. Maybe they fixed it, but it definitely was like Wildstar for a long while.
    So it benefits crafters who want to level their professions. I never assumed professions were designed to make money through vendoring stuff. That's...never been a thing? Not in any MMO I played. Gear was intended to sell to other players or be a personal upgrade.

I'm just not in favor of all these (FIRST MONTH!) snap decision changes. I urge everyone to just chill, be patient. Enjoy the fun bits. I'm 50, barely touched the AH because in a few weeks I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make bank on what I've gathered so far. If not, I'm at least going to make as much as if I sold it now, haha. MMO life cycles require some break in periods.

I also ignored the correlation between an actor creating money by getting a job and introducing that money into their own ecosystem because the comparison got way too complicated at that point and the gist got across. But sure, let's keep it simple.

Currently I'm just torn between treadmill walking and streaming my Esper, or trying to get raid geared for my Warrior. Probably have quite a bit of time before a raid is feasible, heh.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ok the first adventure is level 15 A's the first dungeon is 20, what are the ones after that, and where s this moba dungeon?

• WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    So im finally done with teaching for the school year...i will have way too much time on my hands till coaching starts at the end of July...Is there a demo or a friend access or something you ladies and gents could point me too? Diablo 3 is getting a bit stale and this just looks time consuming in all the right ways!

Dub

steam_sig.png
  • surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ok the first adventure is level 15 A's the first dungeon is 20, what are the ones after that, and where s this moba dungeon?
    MOBA adventure is level 25, War of the Wilds.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27072-dungeon-and-adventure-locations/

a lot of the current market woes are still being felt because everyone went double gatherer, and that I think the resources are not rare enough. Maybe if you cap 1 resource node, you get 1 item, but I've hit nodes and received 5 or 6 a pop from veggies, and NINE or TEN from relic nodes.

Ive never felt I was in competition with another gatherer either except on maybe 2 occasions. Compare that to farming Black Lotus and Dreamfoil in Ungoro crater, where I could be fighting 5 or 6 on a given day.

Maybe gardening needs to be its own gathering skill. Maybe we *shouldnt* be able to save progress on tradeskills. I mean, I only lose four days of crafting time. I can just gather up the resources I need in that amount of time, and switch to a profession on a whimsy and craft that gear for myself. I don't need to put stuff on the market because I am my own island, even with professions requiring multiple gathering skills.

I'll get my friend to give me some insight into the commodities exchange. He's played Eve for long enough that he knows what metrics might be missing in Wildstar to make an educated purchase or sale, and how to use the exchange to go about the best way to exploit these 'below vendor sell orders' so that you don't get burned in the process.

That's my own conjecture at least. Economics is witchcraft even at the best of times.
    I will admit that items need to have their vendor price listed in their tooltip.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
This discussion has been closed.