As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar] PTR Announcement This Week(?)

1939495969799»

• SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    I think there's several factors at work with regards to the AH, CX, and crafting and gathering.

I haven't bothered with gathering since beta, but when I did, it was really really easy to gather large amounts of mats. I was questing with a friend got something like 350 of the tier 1 Omni-plasma in about 15 mins at one point. This wouldn't be too bad if people people were converting mats into crafted goods themselves. But pre-launch the suggestion going to everyone was "take double gathering". This almost certainly caused the general glut of goods. This drove mat prices way down, and it has to be a certainty at this point that a number of people didn't know you could remove crafting mats out of the tradeskill bag and put sell them to vendors. This would explain why so many people had to be placing them below vendor price.

Meanwhile, since people were running double gathering, there were comparatively few people running crafting professions. To make it all the worse, only one of those professions had an immediate way to make money(Architect), and the rest were huge gold-sinks. This is all compounded by the fact that player made weapons and armor don't show their stats in the AH, appearing as white weapons. These compete with the abundant green random drops, thus causing a case where it's not worth it to buy a player made weapon/armor piece off the AH due to the extra risk. Players responded to this, and far as I can tell, very few people bother making weapons and armor beyond what they need to move on to the next rank of crafting, salvaging or selling the gear to vendors and not putting on the AH since there's little point. This drives demand down massively, since armor and weapon professions are half of the tradeskills in the game.

This is why the Wildstar Economy is the way it is. There's little point to bother with crafted weapons and gear beyond a very little limited amount for yourself and maybe friends, gathering is overflooded due to excessive supply and little demand, and the only profession that is profitable is Architect, which I personally think is starting to have it's own glut as people go to it since nothing else can make money.

To fix it, nodes would need to give out less resources or be more rare, random gear drops need to happen less, and you need to fix the AH so it shows crafted gear stats. Without doing that, even looking AH and CX to vendor prices just hard caps the prices to vendor prices without ever causing them to go up.

• WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Just did some digging around and evidently there is only a 7 day pass given out when you purchase the game. Anyone have an extra they can toss my way? Would be appreciated!

Dub

steam_sig.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    All I need is someone to turn stones into cores for me and I'm all good

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Bah. Just had a string of deaths because someone thought it was a good idea for an enemy to be able to stun and then use a 1-second telegraph for like 4k+ (at level 24 or so).

Instant cast stuns for like 3 seconds WITH input chaining into massive damage telegraphs that even un-stunned you can barely avoid if you aren't already moving? Completely antithetical to the games stated goal for combat.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • kavkav Medic NexusRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    I just can't get over these shades.

SqbEfqs.png

your toon look like that Riegel dude from Farscape.

Wildstar: Kvang..............................................................Vila
    Dominion: Nexus Zoning Committee...............................Dominion: NZC
    Medic - Mobile Rave Platform.........................................Stalker - Tank? / DPS? (leveling)
    Chua power!
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    It costs 5 silver to place a buy order. The max stack you can buy is 200. Anything sold 2.5 copper lower than vendor cost is free money.

*edit for caveats. There has to be 200 for sale at that price. The price usually climbs the more you buy because it's rare to find that many people giving cash away.

Atlas in Chains on
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Hmm, I really want my first alt to be a tank, and I've been having a blast with both engineer and stalker.

The deciding thing is stalker tanking is bit obtuse to me. With my sweet waltiki claws I have no problem keeping aggro but I seem pretty squishy and am not sure how best to use the various abilities to make things go smoother for the healer. Does it pan out by level 20?

Currently I'm using all the support skills available plus Stagger (the stun) and False Retreat but Nano Field and properly using my Innate seems to be my main problem.

• kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    It costs 5 silver to place a buy order. The max stack you can buy is 200. Anything sold 2.5 copper lower than vendor cost is free money.

*edit for caveats. There has to be 200 for sale at that price. The price usually climbs the more you buy because it's rare to find that many people giving cash away.

You can only see the prices at the 1, 10, and 50 item marks. If you place a buy order for 50 items, the listing fee is 5 silver. So anything where 50 of the things are being sold all for at least 10 copper lower than vendor cost is still free money.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    After the terrors that close-ranged healing provides me with as a Medic, I may try making an Esper. Meet Hogg!

ibgkVajDktRq2c.jpg

I have a low level Spellslinger, as well, but I never gave an Esper a fair shake in the beta.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    your esper is taking the wrong kind of stims @dashui. he needs to be taking zerkOut, not anabolic horse steroids

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Well, got weaponsmithing and armorer to expert, so now I have nothing to do but level, and I should hit 50 soon. What the hell do I do when I get there?! I know, adventures to dungeons and get attuned. But what dailies should I do, how do I get the mats for crafting, how does end game crafting work, does crafted level 50 stuff sell? I here then dailies that allowed you to get crafting mats are no longer there, either bugged or removed for hardcore!, and the easy adventure to gold isn't anymore, so I am a bit lost where to prioritize.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Just a quick thank you to Winklebottom and the others that offered. Its much appreciated and i'll be roaming Wildstar tonight!
    Dub

steam_sig.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    D9BQsRL.png

Got some kind of old testament avenger thing going on here.

What is this I don't even.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Someone's been spending too long in the Void...

488W936.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Well, got weaponsmithing and armorer to expert, so now I have nothing to do but level, and I should hit 50 soon. What the hell do I do when I get there?! I know, adventures to dungeons and get attuned. But what dailies should I do, how do I get the mats for crafting, how does end game crafting work, does crafted level 50 stuff sell? I here then dailies that allowed you to get crafting mats are no longer there, either bugged or removed for hardcore!, and the easy adventure to gold isn't anymore, so I am a bit lost where to prioritize.

When you hit 50 your XP bar changes into an EP bar, and every time you fill it you earn 1 elder gem. Filling it once simply by grinding mobs can take anywhere from 1-3 minutes, but there are also daily quests in Crimson Badlands that will earn you a lot of money and elder gems. You can only earn 140 elder gems per week, that's the cap.

Go to Thayd and visit the Elder Gem Vendor (ask a guard). Look at what kinds of things they offer. That should answer your question about what to aim for!

With elder gems you can buy extra ability points, extra AMP points, extra ability loadouts, expert gathering tools, cosmetic items, all sorts of stuff. Once you get gold on veteran adventures, you can also buy purple armor or accessories (this is for if your runs are unsuccessful and don't drop the purples you need).

Priority one, though, is the attunement key, if you plan on trying raiding at all. It costs 150 elder gems and starts the long quest to unlock the ability to do the 20 man raid.

You can also continue doing profession dailies for vouchers which remain important, and do dailies for Eldan fragments that are used in expert research crafting. This will take a long time to totally finish.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2014
    Crafting works this way: each day you get two daily quests that award a data ration chest which usually has a Eldan Data Fragment (I've heard it can have as many as five). The first daily is broken because BUGS BUGS BUGS GOTTA HAVE MORE BUGS but it's basically "Have a free fragment!" The second daily sends you to Wilderrun to talk to an NPC and that hands out another fragment (the location may be random, but I've gotten Wilderrun three times in a row so yeah).

As far as circuit crafting goes (weapon and gear crafters), you can craft high quality end-game gear by buying schematics from vendors using tradeskill vouches you earn from crafting dailies. Once you craft an item with the schematic, you unlock a version that doesn't require eldan fragments OR the requirement. This can be pretty damn lucrative for selling since few people are doing instances right now and it'll be a while before raiding is commonplace. Epochos is the the first "tier" of these endgame items and then you have Adventus which is divided into different elements instead of weapons (the best resonator is at the end of the fire tree, for example). Adventus basically requires more fragments and even more schematics, so these will take a while to make and can be another source of cash for you.

If you can only play for like 15 minutes, then I strongly urge you to do the fragment daily above all else. It's the major chokepoint for crafting, as vouchers are pretty easy to accumulate despite also being throttled via dailies, and fragments are BoP.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I've gotten Malgrave every single time. I've had technologist, architect, and armorer at expert and they all always send me to Malgrave. Weird.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    They really really need to buff adventure/BG experience. Questing is okay once, but as I do it on alts with friends, it is sapping my willpower and fun out.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    The gold farmers are starting to try psychology in an effort to get you to take a millisecond longer before you impulsively delete their spam:

4LqWsb5.jpg

488W936.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    The gold farmers are starting to try psychology in an effort to get you to take a millisecond longer before you impulsively delete their spam:

4LqWsb5.jpg

You mean a millisecond shorter? That subject line is fairly common in spam email after all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220868-sassybuilds

Build saver to quickly switch between builds. Haven't tried it myself yet.

Of course, you're still limited to amp loadouts.

Having to grind gems for over a month just to get two more action sets is complete bullshit. Hopefully Carbine won't axe this mod since you can't change AMPs with it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2014
    Having to grind gems for over a month just to get two more action sets is complete bullshit. Hopefully Carbine won't axe this mod since you can't change AMPs with it.

I think they said that buying sets with elder gems was a fallback, they'll apparently have some other method to get them that isn't in yet.

Echo on
    edited June 2014
    Also a heads up: Wildstar apparently operates under a zero-sum game for bugs, so the new patch is not without exciting new bugs. The biggest of which I've seen is any item that has a targeting reticle (notably quest items but Medic fields are another example) will have said reticle reset to your position when clicked with the mouse. The current workaround is to just press the item or skill's hotkey again instead of mouse clicking. Takes some time to adjust to it, but not the end of the world.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    Ding Lev-

DANGER DANGER! THE BADASS REACTOR JUST WENT F@#$%ING CRITICAL!

-el 38? Meep.

488W936.png
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So.. I spent ~2 hours today waiting on a rare spawn.
    I called in some Big Damn Heroes to join me during the last half hour..
    Half of those who joined me were well rewarded, with Science!
    The explorers, settlers, and soldiers at least had the privilege to watch their Science brethren ascend to a higher state of being.
    Silfarion and I
    Shinies.png
    Tampax and I
    Shinies2.png

Not pictured: Katria, the Aurin, who also ascended.
    I didn't think of taking screenshots until we'd scattered.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Big Damn Heroes' progression through Veteran Adventures continued tonight with some pretty easy golds on Veteran Crimelords of Whitevale. Had the bonus of giving Sporky a number of character creation options once we found out that the Gold Medal achievement title gives you: Don.

Now we just need Crimelords to not drop 3/4 epics being the Medium dps gloves that noone uses.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited June 2014
    My Spellslinger's house is slowly gaining more and more stuff.

bWyyQal.jpg

I even have an upstairs coming along now. I might also be going crazy for candles.

J6SIkUM.jpg

Maybe tomorrow I'll finally remember to add my houses to the housing spreadsheet.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Big Damn Heroes' progression through Veteran Adventures continued tonight with some pretty easy golds on Veteran Crimelords of Whitevale. Had the bonus of giving Sporky a number of character creation options once we found out that the Gold Medal achievement title gives you: Don.

Now we just need Crimelords to not drop 3/4 epics being the Medium dps gloves that noone uses.

Crimelords is the one you run to get medium though. Each adventure favors a certain type of gear when it comes to its epic loot table for getting gold.

I seriously hate adventures though. They just feel like wasted development time that could have gone into making 3-4 more actual dungeons.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Man, sure is getting crowded in here.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    WillyDub wrote: »
    Just did some digging around and evidently there is only a 7 day pass given out when you purchase the game. Anyone have an extra they can toss my way? Would be appreciated!

Dub

Sent one if you still needed it.

PSN: jfrofl
This discussion has been closed.