As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] J. Gaffney steps down as Carbine President

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    they did in fact email them to me, thank you.

Also really pleased with the stormtalon fight; I'm quite pleased with how interactive tanking is in this game.

• Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Can you sell wood and stuff from survivalist to a vendor? If so how?

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Lind wrote: »

It goes to your tradeskill/materials baggie. Just move it out of there to your main bag and sell it. Or if you are interacting with a vendor you can probably just right-click it to sell from the tradeskill bag.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    So wait... a tax is applied to buy it?

But a cut isn't taken off the seller's price?

That's interesting.

The commodities exchange works the same way. The seller loses 12% to fees, but people posting buy orders also pay a fee.

When you create a sell order, it displays the total amount after fees. So I assume the fees are charged on the buyer side.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Lind wrote: »

You cannot sell from your tradeskill bag. You need to move it to your regular bag first.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    I feel stupid now. I thought I couldnt sell it. Vendors pay top dollar compared to AH right now.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    If prices on the commodities exchange are falling below vendor price because people haven't figured out you can drag and drop from the tradeskill bag to the regular bag that is sad.

• Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    Was wondering if any of my fellow warriors out there would be willing to share pve dps/utility builds. Right now my main dps comes from Relentless Strikes, Power Strike, and Savage Strikes. I have leap, grapple, kick and flashbang slotted for control/etc. Any other interesting rotations/skillsets out there?

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    If prices on the commodities exchange are falling below vendor price because people haven't figured out you can drag and drop from the tradeskill bag to the regular bag that is sad.

Let's not spread the word.

Please.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

Please.

It should really be in a tutorial window at the very least. As it sits now there will be a lot of people out there who couldn't be bothered to ask around or find out if there is another way to sell materials so there will always be a number of people willing to give away stuff for less than it's worth.

I don't think that Carbine needs to set a floor on how much materials can sell for, but they should provide a bit of education.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Not even drag and drop - just right click it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

Please.

It should really be in a tutorial window at the very least. As it sits now there will be a lot of people out there who couldn't be bothered to ask around or find out if there is another way to sell materials so there will always be a number of people willing to give away stuff for less than it's worth.

I don't think that Carbine needs to set a floor on how much materials can sell for, but they should provide a bit of education.

No! Stay away from my money! *hissssssss*

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    ICUb wrote: »
    Was wondering if any of my fellow warriors out there would be willing to share pve dps/utility builds. Right now my main dps comes from Relentless Strikes, Power Strike, and Savage Strikes. I have leap, grapple, kick and flashbang slotted for control/etc. Any other interesting rotations/skillsets out there?

Since I have a few On Crit AMPs like Power Hitter, Laceration, and Bloodthirst, I have Breaching Strikes slotted to get the most out of my crits.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options

Please.

No! Stay away from my money! *hissssssss*

If playing the market in EVE taught me anything, no matter how clear something is most people are always going to choose convenience over profit, so if the material sells to a NPC for 1 silver, there are buy orders for 75 copper and sell orders for 1.5 silver the majority of people will just dump their product onto the buy orders. Count on lazy people and you will be rewarded.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Since I have a few On Crit AMPs like Power Hitter, Laceration, and Bloodthirst, I have Breaching Strikes slotted to get the most out of my crits.

I like when you guys use Power Link.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

Please.

Posts like this make me think its 4-5 people just in this thread doing this and slowly overcutting each other by 1 copper. We might have to MAFIA this up and each person gets a territory to run. On the honor system of course. Because organized market cornering, just like crime never backfires on the honor system :D

You might wake up in your digital bed with a decor [cut off rowsdower head] next to you

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Please.

Posts like this make me think its 4-5 people just in this thread doing this and slowly overcutting each other by 1 copper. We might have to MAFIA this up and each person gets a territory to run. On the honor system of course. Because organized market cornering, just like crime never backfires on the honor system :D

You might wake up in your digital bed with a decor [cut off rowsdower head] next to you

Don't threaten that, some people are so nuts about their decorations they'd betray you just to get the item.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I'd just like to state that I want to see [severed Rowsdower Head] as an actual item now. It would give an ambiance buff.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Qanamil wrote: »

Only level 42 so far, but can consider fitting it in post 50.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options

Please.

Don't threaten that, some people are so nuts about their decorations they'd betray you just to get the item.

It's not personal. It's strictly Decor.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

I'm only vendoring what overflows from my tradebag.

• Options
    surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm only vendoring what overflows from my tradebag.
    samesies, that's how I know I have obtained more than enough for myself and can safely sell some.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

Only level 42 so far, but can consider fitting it in post 50.

For group play, if you're a dps warrior, it should be on your bar at all times, unless another warrior is already using it. It's the most effective overall dps boost probably in the game.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    So I think I asked this in guildchat the other day, but I'll ask here. I'm a fresh level 50 Esper with no level 50 gear yet and am an Expert Tailor as well. Any recommendations on where to start gearing up?

I think I'm Eldar Gem capped for the week already but I have trouble finding gear or the vendors for whatever I'm supposed to do at 50.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Has anyone seen math showing caps for the rate stats, i.e. how much strikethrough do you need to not get deflected by level 50 mobs, veteran dungeon mobs, raid bosses, how much critical deflection do you need to not get crit by the same?

I've seen some numbers quoted for specific classes, but never with math to back it up, and sometimes they are contradictory.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I would like to know this as well. As a tank I would want to become crit immune asap.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Possible event coming up? Just tweeted by @wildstar.

Level 40ish Story Speculation:
    I am guessing Strain world event similar to the WoW zombie plague event?

Unfortunately, whoever first mentioned the similarities with Starcraft/WH40K wasn't kidding :(

Why is that an unhappy face? That's an awesome thing.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Woo bugs. Missed the technologist achievement to use all the apprentice stat boosts, so I'm picking them up off the CE.

After getting a boost from the mailbox I need to relog before I can actually use it.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm hoping they put a BIT more effort into Northern Wastes than what they did with Crimson Isle Badlands. I don't mind returning to old locations, but almost nothing is different between it and the Dominion starting experience besides replacing some Exile mobs with Dreg.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Woo bugs. Missed the technologist achievement to use all the apprentice stat boosts, so I'm picking them up off the CE.

After getting a boost from the mailbox I need to relog before I can actually use it.
    for future reference, I found that if I just hit escape a couple times, I'm then able to use it. literally the exact same thing happened to me. It was as if I was still somehow selecting the mailbox, so I needed to hit escape to un-select before using the boost, or something.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Has anyone seen math showing caps for the rate stats, i.e. how much strikethrough do you need to not get deflected by level 50 mobs, veteran dungeon mobs, raid bosses, how much critical deflection do you need to not get crit by the same?

I've seen some numbers quoted for specific classes, but never with math to back it up, and sometimes they are contradictory.

I've been looking around for a while, but haven't found anything definitive besides the oft-repeated numbers of: you'll need 12% strikethrough & 15% deflect crit for bosses in Genetic Archives (the raid). Now, certain classes (Esper & Warrior) can debuff mobs reducing their deflect rating, which brings Strikethrough requirements down to around 8% or so. And we're not sure if these numbers apply to Veteran Dungeons or just raids.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

Last night I had in my inventory:

one quest item from a completed quest that could not be deleted
    one stack of ~7 units of vendor trash that could not be vendored because "count limit not reached"
    one stack of vendor trash that could not be vendored at all because fuck you, that's why

wheeeeee!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Think I'm gonna take a short break from this game until most of the bugs get sorted out. It's gotten to a point where I log in, run around my housing plot, and go "eeehhhh I don't really wanna play Wildstar" because it's just so buggy right now.

My personal favorite is that the "report spam" button crashes me to desktop!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    cncaudata wrote: »

I've been looking around for a while, but haven't found anything definitive besides the oft-repeated numbers of: you'll need 12% strikethrough & 15% deflect crit for bosses in Genetic Archives (the raid). Now, certain classes (Esper & Warrior) can debuff mobs reducing their deflect rating, which brings Strikethrough requirements down to around 8% or so. And we're not sure if these numbers apply to Veteran Dungeons or just raids.

I don't know how many Espers are going to run Storm though. The debuff is only at t8... and t8 mind blast applies a 15% crit chance buff. (That said, I'm fairly sure that ignoring 50% armor is far more potent than doing an extra 7% damage as a DoT, which are the respective t4 bonuses, and storm also has significantly higher damage over the duration... and bosses really don't give a damn about burst). I think Mind Blast is currently the finisher of choice.

I'm curious whether Pyrokinetic Flame is worth using - t4 gives 5% assault/support power to anyone healed and t8 adds on an equal debuff to anything hurt. It's not power link in offensive power, but it adds functionally a defense boost and has more uptime.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    In raids, it's not about choice. Someone needs too be the buff or debuff bitch for the raid. Especially when it allows better gearing.

For the warrior question, the progression is basically this. No matter what, if dpsing relentless and rampage are always on your bar. Before breaching, you use savage strikes. Before smack down you use ripsaw. Ripsaw replaces smack down for pvp unless you are a badass and think no one can kite you.

At t4 breaching is a must, and prolly rampage. If you can t4 a third around level 33 do smack down or ripsaw. Once you have t8 it's relentless and rampage. No question.

Power link is a must as soon as you can reasonably spec for it but only in groups. But unless you aren't having your second spec for pvp or tanking, you prolly aren't going to have a solo and group dps spec. So chances are people will have to deal with you not having it before 50. After 50 though it is a requirement in groups or you are a wasted dps slot. Oh, and 2warriors can have it per group, due to the duration being 10 sec and it has a 25 sec CD I think.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Btw any armorers know what's up with shock trooper gear? There is no schematics to be found for anything other than legs and chest. And I want the shield you learn when making one of all the rest of the pieces. I'm sad that I think the answer it's bugs and they aren't in game

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yea, the idea in a raid is that if you have multiple Espers that one of them will be dedicated to the debuff build, and only one because you only need one.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    It's just general raid philosophy, same as one medic using null zone and similar amps.

I think the medic dps buff skill only affects 5 people though, so probably a part of any dps medics LAS.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Congrats to all the Heroes who hit 50 in the last few days; I should be there soon!

Also, preemptive apologies to anyone who gets sick of world cup hype. But it's once every 4 years so enjoy it if you can! Woo!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I also seem to have run into the issue of hitting halfway through 48 and no quests left. Blargh, time to pvp to 50 I guess.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
This discussion has been closed.