As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 04/09/2014: ++YOUR HUMAN FUTURE HAS BEEN DELETED++

Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
Mighty Avengers #9: The secret history of Doc Brashear!
P5WLLLM.png

0xTTHFd.png

hljTJvB.png

Captain Marvel #2: Captain Marvel makes some new friends!
2YRAXx6.png

z0qxf9F.png

GvPXBJO.png

Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #1: Danny fights ninjas, and also a helicopter.
oVhOKmE.png

OhMbvQT.png

sjeCqxD.png

All-New Ghost Rider #2: If the Ghost Rider wants to borrow your car, you probably want to go ahead and let him borrow your car.
212Tjfq.png

Hpexvv4.png

AsoR5XD.png

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ghost Rider's art is fantastic.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Did Captain Marvel just do a Kamehame ha?
    What's Doc Brasher's deal? I haven't read the issue, but I know supposedly Ronin was going to be revealed wondering if
    After the reveal got spoiled way way back, they pulled an audible and have someone other than Blade under the mask

And I don't have scans, but all of Deadpool #27 was great. In the main story, Deadpool gets a happy ending and there's a nice moment where he comments on how even he's usually surrounded by people, he's not surrounded by friends, so this felt nice to him.

And all the backup stories are fun. Joe Kelly's and Gail Simone's being my favorite.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Doc Brashear is the Blue Marvel after he was forcibly retired by the US Government

and as for your Mighty Avengers question, nope!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Did Captain Marvel just do a Kamehame ha?

So needs to have her own movie.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Ghost Rider's art is fantastic.

If you don't mind hyper-violence, definitely check out Tradd Moore's creator-owned work, The Strange Talent of Luther Strode, and The Legend of Luther Strode.

The first book's a bit of a downer, but the second sort of twists the concept of the character, and brings the series to a more positive place.

Actually, people should check out the writer of Ghost Rider's other work, too. MBQ and Peepo Choo are fantastic.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    the Luther Strode stuff is pretty cool, and very pretty

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I'm late putting these up, but what the hey.

What If: Age of Ultron #2: Tony Stark is dead, and the Armor Wars have killed many of Earth's heroes.

After failing to recruit the Hulk, who's now a pacifist Buddhist monk, Wolverine stops off at an old friend's house. Emphasis on old.
    gbMUr00.jpg

Later, they storm the Savage Land, where Stane Industries have planted a Master Mold, which now manufactures bootleg Iron Man tech.

SJnsotB.jpg

This was a super fun, stand-alone issue. Ramon Villalobos kills it on his big, debut comic, James Stokoe's cover is gorgeous, and Joe Keatinge does a really nice job of establishing a fairly large cast, and setting up a problem to be solved, in a single issue. The pages are all super-dense in terms of panel count, but they never seem overstuffed with expository dialogue. And there's a couple of neat comics tricks, like using an all-black panel to represent a moment when Wolverine blacks out, after getting shot through the neck.

If anyone wants my digital code for the issue, just post in here, and I'll PM it to you.

Shutter #1; Kate Kristopher was raised to be the world's greatest explorer, and was, until she didn't want to be, anymore.
    ywSTEBX.jpg

This was another really fun, kinda weird book, from Keatinge. The first issue introduces us to Kate, primarily through showing us how she interacts with the outside world. Again, there's not a bunch of heavy-handed exposition, which I'm a fan of. Oh, also, she fights ghost ninjas, and a lightning-breathing robot with a moustache shows up at the end.

My only complaint, is that it feels a little light on content. There are three beautiful two-page spreads, courtesy of artist Leila Del Duca, and colorist Owen Gieni, that didn't exactly need to be there. Again, they're beautiful pages, but they're also 28% of the book.

That said, having five pages of bonus comics and a pin-up in the back, sort of makes up for it.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Sea Captain Logan might be my favorite Logan.

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I want a comic that's just old Buddhist Hulk doing hulky martial arts now.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Bobby DerieBobby Derie Registered User regular
    I'm gonna say it, the What If? miniseries have been pretty crap up to now, but I actually like the Age of Ultron series. It was kinda like people remembered that What Ifs were about going outside the box. Heck, I didn't even like Age of Ultron and I liked this series.

The Unpublishable - Original fiction blog, updates Fridays
    Sex & the Cthulhu Mythos
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    That What If? thing looks incredible! I love Villalobos! He makes the best costumes.

DouglasDanger on