As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Jog

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Jog

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING BUT MY HEART IS BREAKING!?

EDIT: Oh right, the pills.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • SpoonMeiserSpoonMeiser Registered User new member
    What do you reckon? 17th child of trailer trash parents? There's no way anyone would want to get rid of Seventeen because of her personality, so careless parents that just keep getting pregnant is my guess.

• TzivyaTzivya Registered User regular
    I was so worried the kitty would be in the flashback because I couldn't find it. Then I did, and was relieved, because cats can't travel through time except when they can.

• ZankmanZankman Registered User regular
    I come here to look at the pretty art and laugh.

Not to... Not to... https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/988798_279435782222840_917052821_n.jpg

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    The lovebug has always been with her. Faithful friend right there.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Sad. I stand by the assertion that Seventeen is literally the 17th child.

This comic made me wonder, do the kids in the camp physically age? We've seen Colin's and Seventeen's drop off and they both look the same then as now. Molebert's counting also shows he's been there for a long time. Maybe there's more to the camp than meets the eye.

• Eric the PrezEric the Prez Registered User regular
    This is so sad I dont even wanna look for the kitty. Oh the feels

• JeezusGutJeezusGut Registered User new member
    What...where are the funny quips and pretty pictures? Katie, what have you done!?

• ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    So the parents ship their kids to the camp?

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Oh god... The feels, can't take the feels... I've not slept enough for this...

Also... Please don't let all the kids actually be dead and Camp Weedonwancha is purgatory or something... I couldn't take that :p

• FellowFellow Registered User regular
    @JEEZUSGUT, Hey now, the pictures in this comic are very pretty.

• meatnerdmeatnerd Registered User regular
    I'll just go hug my cat now while go back to bed with good dreams..

• Morgan BlackpowderMorgan Blackpowder Registered User regular
    Poor trees feel for Seventeen and want to hug and hold her and she's CRYING?! How ungrateful!!

• NoedigNoedig BlindCleric on Twitch Registered User regular
    Nothing like a little PTSD-related flashback to start the morning off.

• VisionAriVisionAri Registered User regular
    I have The Sadz now.

• n64bitgamern64bitgamer Allston, MARegistered User regular
    This was really sad for me, until I found the cat.

• cyberNurglecyberNurgle Registered User regular
    Poor 17. I just want to give her a hug right now.

• ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    So in modern times she has short hair, and in the flashback she has long hair which gets all tangled in the bushes. What's the chance next time's comic has a helpful Brian cutting her hair to get her loose from the branches?

• RedCrow7RedCrow7 Registered User regular
    Well at least they poked holes in the box. That's responsible parenting right there.

• ryuuseiproryuuseipro Registered User regular
    LOL! Awwwww! That's pretty deep origin stuff there... :)

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    so 17 has super hero powers as displayed in the six panels of the memory flash:

panel 1: introduces the fact that she has vision beyond the visible light spectrum; definitely ultraviolet and infrared, but not quite reaching into x-ray bandwidth, since foreground objects are occulting background ones.
    panel 2: flies like superman
    panel 3: speedy like the flash
    panel 4: preternatural control of her body as she simultaneously attacks a deadly ficus with a karate chop, roundhouse kick, and a ballistic hair strike*.
    panel 5: resorts to her psychic powers to telekinetically control** her hair to create a sphere of safety.
    panel 6: uses beastmaster powers to call nearby large carnivores (i.e.: wolves, coyotes, cougars, and bears) to come and protect her.

*she whips her hair back and forth
    **either that or her hair is sentient... and that's just silly :)

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Damn that elephant candy for taking away poor adorable Seventeen's joy!

Amazing comic Katie! Beautiful art, and oh boy those feels are going to take me a few minutes to get over.

• MortirothMortiroth Registered User regular
    One of my favourite comics yet, despite its melancholy tone <3 ;_;
    I want to find out more!!

g9yqgramfjj6.jpg

The Misadventures of a very Metal Kitty!
  • edblesedbles Registered User new member
    This begs the question, who is handing out the t-shirts?

• iczer6iczer6 Registered User regular
    Oh Seventeen. Is wrong of me to kind of hate the parents in the strip even though we've never seen them.

• YormungandrYormungandr Registered User regular
    I absolutely LOVE the subtlety of the trigger for the flashback. Right after 17 gets a little bit of hair brush through the walking stick, BAM, FLASHBACK. The memory of having all those brambles stuck in her hair.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I absolutely LOVE the subtlety of the trigger for the flashback. Right after 17 gets a little bit of hair brush through the walking stick, BAM, FLASHBACK. The memory of having all those brambles stuck in her hair.

Hah, wouldn't have seen that if you hadn't pointed it out. Nice.

• osaryesosaryes Registered User regular
    I feel bad now.

Makes you realize how much have you whined about trifles in your life, when there are parentless children hopping happily until they remember they have no parents.

• periazhadperiazhad Registered User regular
    I'm sad she broke her walking stick.

• Guardianknight85Guardianknight85 Registered User regular
    I find it sad that 17 didn't even have shoes when she first got to camp. I just assumed most campers didn't have shoes because they just couldn't get them to last that long but she apparently never had any...

• SaredSared Registered User regular
    SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

• evileeyoreevileeyore Grognard 100 hurricane swampRegistered User regular
    OH NO! Dreaded continuity!

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I find it sad that 17 didn't even have shoes when she first got to camp. I just assumed most campers didn't have shoes because they just couldn't get them to last that long but she apparently never had any...

I thought they all lost them to Proto Kid.

I really want to buy a print of this comic, I hope this whole arc ends up in a print pack.

• TorqueTorque Registered User new member
    Life as a shorty shouldn't be so rough.

• DCRuroukenDCRurouken Registered User new member
    Memory flashback panels remind me of Disney's Snow White.

• LupiniteLupinite Underlord Overlord's TowerRegistered User new member
    Dark and Empty. I mean I assumed her backstory wouldn't be cheery but this is cripplingly even for Camp Weedonwantcha. Left in a box that was taped up, at night. She wasn't even dropped off, so much as mailed; so dark. I must know more now.

• MrNumbersMrNumbers Registered User regular
    And now the memory pills are in their water supply...

• HUNRoninHUNRonin Registered User regular
    :C

• jkeyjkey Registered User regular
    MY EMOTIONS! This comic is so good!

• OxaliaOxalia Registered User new member
    So... How did she lose her memories in the first place? This is going to be a great arc, I feel.