As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Farewell good friend - Eastward Bound to Boston - Community Podcast on PAX East

13»

• Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Thanks everyone for your positive comments!

As I mentioned, every year since 2011 I've been recording notes like these about the show event. It's really sad that I lost these recordings because they where chock full of useful information, and you could even tell the evolution of the event just by listening to them. Anyway, I always managed to listen to them a couple of months down the road and would remember a number of minute details about the event that had escaped me since, and often enough something in there would be quite relevant to my future experiences with PAX.

Though I still feel like the Enforcer show was by far one of our better ones, I think this one will rank up somewhere high in the top 3, however it is definitely something that will be more relevant if you listen to it shortly before your next PAX.

Side note - This is how we planned to start the podcast initially, and my second recording (with the wife) was an actual test podcast, which was awesome to listen to back in the day. Damn you digital age and your flimsy electrons!

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    It is with great regret that I must announce the passing of a good friend and our fellow podcaster Greg Demetrick, who has quietly passed away in his sleep on June 12th.

As you may know, Greg was diagnosed with liver cancer last year. He kept a very positive outlook on his situation, was always hopeful, never seemed to let go of the fight and was even willing to go on the podcast whenever possible.

I only met Greg a handful of times, but through the countless hours of recorded chat sessions and dozens of long e-mails, we fashioned a friendship that I will never forget. Greg was an incredibly passionate individual, and you would never get tired of listening or reading about anything he had to say. He would always tell you what you needed to hear, not what you wanted to hear. He won everyone's respect through his opinions and brought decency to the world of pod casting.

We lost a very good friend, and to make things worse, we had everything set for a visit in the US only two days before he was gone.

The last time I saw Greg was when we drove back from PAX East 2014, where I handed him off a substantial amount of swag which we accumulated for him while he was watching the event from afar. Greg had everything booked and ready for the event but decided not to go at the last minute since his condition did not seem to permit him anymore. A huge thanks goes out to all who had contributed to help in giving him a little something to help pass the time, such as some Enforcers who knew him but only learned of his condition just then (it was not easy to break the news). He was really happy and thankful for the generosity of everyone involved.

There will be no more podcasts. Though his passing is one of the reasons why we would not continue, the decision had come between Beth and myself a few weeks prior, and though we were looking for the right time to make an announcement, I think I would rather close off this chapter as it is. Consequently, we will need to move our hosting soon. If you would be willing to take over the archives please let me know so we can discuss.

Fellow PAXians, we have lost a brother. Please raise your glass and say thanks for all of Gregs' contributions, as he did all that he could to make the event better for everyone.

To everyone who helped make this show happen, thank you. It has been a pleasure. We hope to see you again soon.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Very sad to hear about both Greg's passing and the end of the show.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fuck

Cancer.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    WHAT

:(

• Options
    H2OCakeisalieH2OCakeisalie Enforcer Registered User regular
    That's a real shame I've never met the guy but I'll never forget the long nights leading up to my first pax east all the research I did to learn about boston and eastward bound to Boston playing in the background so in the grand Viking tradition let's raise our glass and sing to the memory of a good man and May peace come to his house

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Sorry to hear of the loss.

• Options
    I would like to thank everyone for their words of concern, and I am sorry we cannot continue with the project.

I'll be back in a bit to talk more.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png