As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

old steem thred

1939495969799»

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Someone just added me on Steam, asked for a game, then disappeared and unfriended me when I said no.

Just a reminded, be on the lookout for non-PA folks seeking gifts.

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    @Krummith‌ just hit me back with Void Destroyer.

'No backsies'?

Pish.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    SirMontySirMonty Mount Backlog, Base CampRegistered User regular
    Thread is approaching newellious speed!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    The Buy and Sell orders are such a tremendous idea.

Valve realized that there's nothing they can do to prevent bots from gaming the market system.

So, just give everybody equal access to bots. Bots run by Valve, that will strike before things hit the open market. It's a brilliant idea and the only way to really set up the system to avoid hoarders and scammers.

My problem with this is that the base prices will end up going higher as people look to see what the lowest current price is and set theirs in relation to that.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    @Shogun sent me a friend request on Steam and like a naive fool I accepted it in good faith, next thing I know is I'm now the owner of a copy of Freespace 2.
    And then @The Brayster hits me with a copy of Wrack. I won't be broke forever, and as soon as I'm not the two of you are at the top of the list.

<3

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So in my normal card whoring way, I just like to have a foil for each sale. I've gotten one for each one so far, and I don't want to stop that.

So I put in a buy order for $2 (with the justification that the price normal cards are going, it'd actually be "cheaper" on a per-item drop price since it'd be $25 for 5 sets). I got one.

The card in question is now going for $3.23.

It would be so easy to just flip it for a profit.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Outside of like 10 people I still need to track down I am more or less done with the sale on day 1. Yay. Continuing my tradition of blowing through the budget in no time.

• Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    I've been looking for a 4x space game recently, and both Sins of a Solar empire and GalCiv2 are both in the sale, which one do people recommend?

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    pretty sure this awesome button is going to get worn out soon

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I've been looking for a 4x space game recently, and both Sins of a Solar empire and GalCiv2 are both in the sale, which one do people recommend?

SotSE is a much lighter 4X with RTS-y stuff involved, fully 3D with pretties. Galactic Civ is a much more straight hardcore 4x, and much more bare bones visuals and more uh...charts?

Personally I'd recommend SotSE, but if you want something more in depth, Galactic Civ is your best bet.

And if you get SotSE, get Rebellion; it has everything; don't worry about Trinity at this point.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @spoit hit me with Real Horror Stories Ultimate Edition! Im sure its super scary and I will add it to the marathon list. Thanks Spoit! (asshole.)

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »

HAIL HYDRA!

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Sins is not a traditional 4X, it's a mix of RTS with 4X.

Fucking awesome, I'll tell you that, but it depends on what you're looking for. GalCiv 2 is a traditional 4X with pretty awesome reviews.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »

Much like Love, there is no limit to the Awesome button.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Hey, what is The Witcher II like?

More Fallout, more STALKER? Anything comparable?

Trying to decide if I would want it

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular

If you're looking for a purely 4x experience, there's nothing better than GalCiv2

Sins is a game I love, but it's a hybrid of 4x and RTS (especially in the battles)

Basically my answer is you can't go wrong with either one, they're both incredible games

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    That incomparable Vulcan DJ, @Krummith hit me up with a strange message containing letters, numbers and hyphens. Acting purely on instinct, I put it into a little box called "Product Activation". It's Alpha Kimori! Thanks!

Alas, he invoked the dreaded "No Backsies" rule. As I am honor-bound to respect Krummith's wishes, I'll have to find an unsuspecting person to giftpunish instead.

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

Go here and post!

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I get home from work and @durandal4532‌ surprises me with Last Remnant. What an awesome surprise!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    *Sins is fairly light on the traditional 4X elements, it is more a 4X/RTS hybrid . Really good game despite this though
    *GalCiv2 is a more traditional 4X (given its age that isn't surprising) but it has not aged particularly well. Gameplay is still rock solid but the UI/mechanics might not be as obvious as you are used to.

Personally I think Sins is easier to get in to, and if you get the latest version Rebellion that includes all the content of the previous expansions so there is a LOT of content there to delve into.
    GalCiv2 is a great game but without the nostalgia it is a little harder to recommend.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    This was a good thread.
    The best.
    It shall be missed.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Awww here it goes!

@Blackjack classes it up with Last Remnant.
    Sorry sorry, everyone I said Last Guardian, I meant Last Remnant. No TLG is not out, no it is not on Steam, and NO it is not part of the Steam sale.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    oniken_zpsd6e82669.png

Some of you people don't understand that when I give you Mirror's Edge I'm doing you a favor. No need to reciprocate... :)

Thanks Xiears!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I just gave all my cards away for people who asked and like some dota teasures or some shit

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    And there I was at work, grinding away stacking shelves. @berylline decides there's getting away from her Gifting spree! Thanks for Divine Divinity!

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Thanks to @Krummith‌ who hit me up with a key for Miasmata... I've been avoiding this thread and the Summer Sale but I may have to find the time to buy and gift a few things now to pay it forward.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo‌ can we get this one locked, since we've got a new Steam thread?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    TEAM PINK 4 LYFE

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.