As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I want Dark Souls 2 but I am praying for a daily

I'm an incredibly biased man, because Dark Souls 2 is the game that finally got me to buy in on this whole Souls thing...but I love DaS2. I dropped 250 hours in to it, easy, over PS3 and PC (yeah, I liked it so much I double dipped). That's not a lot by Souls game standards, but it's a ton by Me standards, as I rarely spend that type of time with a game anymore.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    So the Borderlands 2 Season Pass is $10 right now. Will it stay that price even when the sale "ends" for Borderlands 2, even though it usually gets extended for another day?

No, it's part of the daily deal. Visit the item's store page, it'll show you the timer.

Phew, according to the page it says it has 25 hours remaining.

• SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Aw, @Anime toast I think it was, gifted me Daiakatana! Is that his pa name? Thanks so much. <3<3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I think anime toast is but a ghost in the steam, gifting on a whim as the server winds deem

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    And.. then he gifted me Dead Rising 3. Which is.. crazy? Wow. thanks so much man. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Nether.jpg

@HeirTransparent‌ apparently took offense to the idea that there might be a thing on my wishlist.

It was only on there briefly! It didn't even have time to get settled! You monster!

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    So the Borderlands 2 Season Pass is $10 right now. Will it stay that price even when the sale "ends" for Borderlands 2, even though it usually gets extended for another day?

@urahonky‌
    The dailies last 48 hours, so it should be good until 10am PST tomorrow. That said, if you're going to pick up the season pass, I would recommend spending another $.10 to get the GOTY instead. You get a few extra DLC pieces that you would not get from the season pass. You get 2 new classes, creature slaughter dome, and a bunch of skins, + more. The only things you would be missing would be vault hunter upgrade #2, and the headhunter packs.

steam_sig.png
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thwarted in his attempts to buy a game with card money, due to minor incident's timely gift, @Corriganx decided to attack my wishlist instead.
    oVmKE7X.png
    Thank you so very much! <3 I'll definitely have to get started on this series soon!

• OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to Steam Sale as much as I would like this go around, but @GnomeTank‌ and @jclast‌ both surprised me with gifts while I've been away from things!

Thanks to Gnome for Retro City Rampage and jclast for Symphony! You're both classy folk, especially since I've been out of the loop for so long. It's really amazing how much of a cheer it is to see that steam gift notification when you're just going about your day, and it always means a lot.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Thwarted in his attempts to buy a game with card money, due to minor incident's timely gift, @Corriganx decided to attack my wishlist instead.
    oVmKE7X.png
    Thank you so very much! <3 I'll definitely have to get started on this series soon!

I had no idea what the Blackwell thing was until I saw this. Just bought the whole bundle because I love adventure games so much. Huzzah for the Steam sale helping me find games that I didn't know existed!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ok some thoughts on recently bought/gifted games.

Strider is awesome, although my computer cannot handle it at max. :P
    La Mulana is really fun and reminds me of the old game Montezuma's Revenge if anyone remembers it, but man alive it's difficult.
    Symphony is awesome, I mean I just love playing a shmup with my own music. My only gripe is that playing any of my AAC files requires a dlc upgrade, which sucks since most of my music is through iTunes. :(

Those are the ones I've put the most time into over the last few days.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to Steam Sale as much as I would like this go around, but @GnomeTank‌ and @jclast‌ both surprised me with gifts while I've been away from things!

Thanks to Gnome for Retro City Rampage and jclast for Symphony! You're both classy folk, especially since I've been out of the loop for so long. It's really amazing how much of a cheer it is to see that steam gift notification when you're just going about your day, and it always means a lot.

And then @OneAngryPossum hit back with Gone Home. I've heard good things, and I can't wait to experience it for myself. Thank you very much!

camo_sig2.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I've been savagely attacked in reprisal for my gift bomb. @OneAngryPossum‌ dropped XCom: Enemy Within on me!

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    Sorry, Durandal. Classy though you are and as much as the gift wars in this here thread amuse me, given my backlog of games, I can't accept your generosity in good conscience.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I've been savagely attacked in reprisal for my gift bomb. @OneAngryPossum‌ dropped XCom: Enemy Within on me!

I am loving that DLC/expansion so far. The MECs are pretty sweet and the genetics stuff is fun. I turned on the rule for not mixing genetic mods with psychic powers though. Really kinds of forces you to build up more soldiers vs a few extra for wounded folks down time.

Bigity on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    One hour until my inevitable victory in a random drawing against hundreds of thousands of people.

Oh, and there's this:
    signature.png

• LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    I wasn't able to get a pic up when it happened, but there's what @HyphyKezzy‌ did for me :)

jazzpunkgift_zpsbb84eb0e.png

Also, I got a random message on chat to click a link for a Humble giveaway.

pureclass_zps1bc0b985.png

Fortunately, this key had been used already, so I was spared another gift avalanche. Giftalanche? A lot of damn gifts at once...

steam_sig.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Whatever happened with the hedgehog?

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I had no idea what the Blackwell thing was until I saw this. Just bought the whole bundle because I love adventure games so much. Huzzah for the Steam sale helping me find games that I didn't know existed!

O rly? Is that so? You don't say. Hmmm...

Good to know, good to know.

/noted

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Annnnnd since I can't seem to stay out of gifting sight from incredibly kind people no matter how distracted with boring reality I am, and considering how distracted I'm likely to be for a good while, all around thread thanks and kudos are in order:

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

You're all fantastic, and, no joke, basically revitalized my love of gaming a few years back when I first jumped into the Steam frenzy. A billion gift wars wouldn't amount to the joy I've gotten from this community and you folks, but hopefully this helps express even a tiniest amount of the happiness I've gotten from the lot of ya.

Wish I had time for something more creative, but enjoy! Open to Penny Arcade group members, but meant for at least moderately active posters. So if you lurk and ya enter get to postin'.

• KamiKami Registered User regular
    45 minutes until the new Dailies and Flash and Community sales

somebody hold me ohdear.png

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Incoming classiness bombardment above

Bigity on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Wow, Pink is gonna crack 1 million in the next few minutes. It has about the same amount of points as the next 3 teams combined.

Wacky.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Wow, Pink is gonna crack 1 million in the next few minutes. I has about the same amount of points as the next 3 teams combined.

Wacky.

We are the Pink. When we win, we win BIG.

• TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    The pattern continues, as shortly after I left home yesterday I noticed an email on my phone. @bloodatonement sent me an upgrade to the activity matrix on the grid for my Tron, it goes by the name of Spy Chameleon - RGB Agent. Helps the software run smoother than ever, really appreciate it!

steam_sig.png
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    PA Dallas wrote: »
    I'm new to this badge stuff. Is there any reason to craft a Summer Sale badge a second time?

You can get more of the rewards that you get from crafting one, some of them sell for a decent price on the market, most are down to $0.03 (which is the cheapest they can get) at this point. It will give you more points towards your steam level if that's something you care about. Other than that not really.

LostNinja on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Is there any way for me to gift a 4 pack to someone?

Nope. You are always given one copy for yourself, and three to disperse to the masses.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Also, I got a random message on chat to click a link for a Humble giveaway.

Fortunately, this key had been used already, so I was spared another gift avalanche. Giftalanche? A lot of damn gifts at once...

Well that won't do. That won't do at all. Humble claims I haven't used it. :(

camo_sig2.png
    Nope. You are always given one copy for yourself, and three to disperse to the masses.
    Damn.

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular

There's a trick to do it. But you cannot own the base game.

steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular

Put it into inventory first, send from inventory.

edited June 2014

I thought if you already own the game, then you can gift the 4 pack....brb, checking....

edit: well guess not. bummer.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular

I thought if you already own the game, then you can gift the 4 pack....brb, checking....

edit: well guess not. bummer.

You can if you don't own the game.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular

Yeah I bought a 4 pack of Banner Saga a bit ago and owned it already. It put the four pack as a single item into my inventory. I had to send that to the first person to accept and then send me back the other 3 to dispense around to others.

Corpekata wrote: »
    Put it into inventory first, send from inventory.
    Hm, won't even let me buy as a gift. "Your account already owns some of the above items, so you can’t purchase them again."

• ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    73CTa2W.png

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2014
    Odd. If I put a 4 pack of Banner Saga in my cart, I can gift it. If I put a 4 pack of L4D in my cart I can't gift it. (I own both games)

e:Borderlands 2 is a no go as well.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    God damnit, Steam community. Why are you so TERRIBLE AT VOTING?!

M A G I K A Z A M
This discussion has been closed.