As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    But seriously @Pixelated Pixie‌ is only a mere 18 away from being OVER NINE HUNDREEEED. Surely we can get that before the end of the sale right?

Hey I've already done my part poking that bear. Some more people need to get mauled before I take another potshot.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I have an extra Summer 5, I need 9

please trade meee

Accept my friend invite and it can happen!

Edit: Hopefully soon, need to go to bed...

Karoz on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    uh... weird:
    MQl2VU8.png?1

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I have an extra 3 and need a 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Anyone wanna trade?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Have you guys made any plans for what you're going to be streaming yet?

I've got a few ideas, for a stream this long I'm trying to decide between games that I want to play and games that will keep me awake. For some hours of it I plan on playing some local co-op games with my significant other like Lego Batman which has been in my backlog for a while or a few others I have picked up during the sale. If I start to get sleepy though I am going to switch to some twitchy games to keep me awake like trying to beat some high scores of @rikdaly in Pinball FX2 or possibly a music game like sequence or something.

I have never attempted a stream anywhere near this length but I'm looking forward to it, I just hope I don't end up falling asleep with people watching.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    okay @JaysonFour‌ gifted me pinball

i'm still in the top 10 of steam friends for sorcerers lair

i can feel the addiction kicking in again. oh no.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    So @Unco-ordinated‌ decided to take matters into his own hands, or something of that sort

F3sMJOl.jpg

Wmd3LcW.jpg

9f0ghEl.jpg

Good lord, dude. I surrender.

It's that long because I use it to keep track of things I think might look like fun. I have a pretty shitty memory so i'd forget otherwise. Also I haven't had a job in 2 years so it's kind of piled up.

Thanks again.

No problem, man. I was jobless for most of last year, so I know how it feels. Just have fun playing those games, especially Gone Home.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    But seriously @Pixelated Pixie‌ is only a mere 18 away from being OVER NINE HUNDREEEED. Surely we can get that before the end of the sale right?

Hey I've already done my part poking that bear. Some more people need to get mauled before I take another potshot.

Righto!

n57PM0C.jpg
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    When you talk to the beagle he gets excited and starts running around and rubbing up against you. Look at the face in my avatar, how could anyone be mean to that face?

I'm biding my time until tomorrow. You'll probably see more really obscure indie games then.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I've barely hit submit on my message and suddenly...

90EzmMl.png

Thank you @JaysonFour!

Edited to remove email!

Khildith on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    The problem is, sure, Pink hit a million.

Why the other teams all within 5,000 of each other? This is not representative of human behavior.

Trust me, Valve is fudging the results to ensure every team wins.
    azith28 wrote: »
    The problem is, sure, Pink hit a million.

Why the other teams all within 5,000 of each other? This is not representative of human behavior.

Trust me, Valve is fudging the results to ensure every team wins.

If thats the case then why will pink be winning twice ? didnt they win the first day?

Purple won day 1. Followed by Red, Green, then Pink.

Bet on Team Blue today.

Quoting myself because here are the current numbers:

Blue: 741,628
    Pink: 167,008
    Purple: 166,774
    Green: 165,358
    Red: 163,395

Yup.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Damnit red.

Steam: offday
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's not Valve fudging the numbers so much as whatever formula they have running for the event will give a massive weight increase to teams that haven't won yet.

Which makes me wonder what the whole point of the competition is when they could just randomly give away X games and day and achieve the same effect.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    It's not Valve fudging the numbers so much as whatever formula they have running for the event will give a massive weight increase to teams that haven't won yet.

Which makes me wonder what the whole point of the competition is when they could just randomly give away X games and day and achieve the same effect.

Make a metric fuckton of money by further gamifying the sale?

Undead Scottsman on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And look, these bouncy castles aren't going to stuff themselves with cash.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Remember when Valve hired a psychologist?

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Obviously, the recommendation of everyone in the thread is "Serve the Newell, buy both!".
    This isn't a money thing but more of a "I have too many games." thing.

I'm not sure I know what that's like. My library pales in comparison to some people here.

To be fair, so does your hitlist wishlist.

;)

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    sold my card doubles, got enough change to craft a few badges of my own. have never done one besides for the sales but I just made a shadowrun returns! woo!

also played a little call of juarez (after wasteland2 and after shadowrun) and damn that -is- a fun fps. style + arcade style replayable levels is pretty much exactly what I want

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Woke up from a nap, saw that Strider and Double Dragon Neon didn't win.

Now I'm bummed at the voting public. Burn it down.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Ha, "It's not Valve fudging the numbers, it's just Valve's formula...written by Valve...". I guess they (don't in any way) have plausible deniability!

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    dumb steam, quit telling me I have new inventory items when I don't

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    And the classy streak continues, as @anoffday‌ has invited me to partake in some Card City Nights. Thanks, OffDay! :D

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

I tried to get my wife to apply for that job; she had just finished her PhD when it opened up. She said she didn't want to use her skills for manipulation.

Damn morals! :P

I bet whoever they hired is getting paid.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    I don't know why people are getting worked up over the Summer Adventure. Unless you know the odds of winning for you as an individual, then it's always safe to assume the odds are not in your favor. Even state run lotteries disclose the exact odds of winning and is much more transparent. In comparison, we don't really know much of the Valve system.

In the meantime, probably safest to just treat the Summer Adventure as an extra bit of fun and keep on buying deep discount games. Although, this year's deep discounts have been a bit bland compared to previous years'... c'mon Bethesda, what's the deal with Wolfenstein?!

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    ohgod ohgod ohgod

okay so @Broncbuster‌ added me but he didn't have any leftovers for the 2013 set

so he just gave me the whole damn 2014 set

WkwapJU.png

rcnVZ2W.png

In return he requested only a hi5.

27279980d1329626443-tfc-toys-hercules-megathread-internet_high_five-2496.jpg

Come and get it, you gentleman, you.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

I tried to get my wife to apply for that job; she had just finished her PhD when it opened up. She said she didn't want to use her skills for manipulation.

Damn morals! :P

I bet whoever they hired is getting paid.

While dressed as Chancellor Palpatine.

In family medical drama, I'm better off getting rich and buying my father a medical team than going through this shit.

Back on topic, has anyone gotten Hamilton's Adventure to work? I haven't.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And look, these bouncy castles aren't going to stuff themselves with cash.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/valve-adds-button-to-steam-that-says-give-us-money-makes-2-million-dollars-in-3-hours/

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Bit the bullet on Cloudbuilt (because it IS 75% off already and only $5).

Learning to not boost is so challenging. And then you play the challenge mode of a level with INFINITE BOOST.

Also, unlocked all-pink color scheme. I think I know why @Pixelated Pixie‌ has this?

Enemies are... bullshit? I kid, there's clearly nothing random, but god damn working around them makes life harder. I'm satisfied with just getting a B rank right now.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    So, I finished up GTA V on my PS3 last night. And while I enjoyed it, I have to admit the sheer random nature of Saints Row 2 continues to make me smile. Arstotzka is a "fun" place to work, but Stillwater is oh so sweet when I go up on the sidewalk and the pedestrians go bumb bump bump.

To @IdolNinja‌ , I'm sure you've gotten this hundreds of thousands of times, but thank you so much for the Gentlemen of the Row mod. You and your team have made this PC Master Race member smile in joy.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I finally decided to finish off Tomb Raider, since I bought it last Summer Dale.

Only 82% completion 'cause I got lazy about the collectibles near the end.

That means I can add at least 2 more to the backlog now right?

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Betrayer managed to get a pretty good scare out of me. The game had been sort of tense and creepy from the beginning but mostly in the quiet solitude. Wind blowing etc. There's enemies around but they're spaced fairly far apart. I was getting a bit stuck in the first area. You have to hunt around the map a bit to find clues. The main way to find those clues is listening for a sound. So I had the sound up a decent amount. Eventually it felt like I'd scoured the whole map, but still couldn't progress to the next area. Finally I thought I should try exploring more with an alternate viewpoint on things turned on.
    When I found the trigger to progress the resulting noises were really freaky at that volume.

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Excision wrote: »
    I finally decided to finish off Tomb Raider, since I bought it last Summer Dale.

Only 82% completion 'cause I got lazy about the collectibles near the end.

That means I can add at least 2 more to the backlog now right?

I think you missed a zero but yes, you can add more.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Also Madican redirected a gift from Isy to the raffle. So Outlast has been added to the potential prizes for the Child's Play donations raffle.
    So anyone who has donated $5 or more so far from this drive or before the end on Friday morning, has a shot at a $50 steam card, Outlast, Remember Me, Dead Rising 3, or a level 2 summer sale DOTA thing.

Outdated graphics follow
    rvzqQGf.jpg

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    It's not a trap, @Broncbuster‌ says. Just accept the friend request, he pleads.

Let it be known he is a liar.

Thanks for Risk of Rain!

"Is it a trap?"

"It's not a trap."

"Well that's what you'd say if it wasn't a trap so it must be a trap."

"It's not a trap, just accept the friend invite."

"How do I know you're not trying to trick me?"

"Seriously, not a trap, I just want to be friends."

"I still think this is a trap."

"Don't worry so much."

"DAMMIT IT WAS A TRAP."

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    uh... weird:
    MQl2VU8.png?1

Well did you click it?

wbBv3fj.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Thank you very much, @Kalnaur‌

AOdiFZ5.jpg

It's nice to have a reason to get into that game again. I quite liked all the original stuff.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Look at these people, kicking me when they know I'm down!

Ixwz03al.png

Thank you very much @Radiation‌ !!

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    As is traditional during the sale, I'm buying games on Steam and completely ignoring them while I play through stuff that I've had for nearly a decade but never got around to.

It is a travesty of the highest order that Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction never got a PC release.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    DTyo85x.png

The class never ends!

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
This discussion has been closed.