As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wildstar: Content Patch #2 is coming! SABOTAGE

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm level 23 I think, it is pretty enjoyable, I don't put enough hours in though and it's starting to look like I won't hit the level cap before the free month is up

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Dammit you silly geese, show me your fucking dudes.

I am not playing this game, but I can't live vicariously through you if you don't brag about all the rad shit you got goin' on.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    im lvl 26 now on my spell slinger, ill try to take photos of my cool pink skateboard thing

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Dammit you silly geese, show me your fucking dudes.

I am not playing this game, but I can't live vicariously through you if you don't brag about all the rad shit you got goin' on.

Here, enjoy a couple of me in my home. I hand-placed almost everything you see in the second screenshot

IwmBjLS.png
    jUwSO5D.png

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    do the mechari have a mechari style house my cassian just couldn't see for some reason or what

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Nope, no mechari-styled anything. I'm assuming it's either because their artists didn't have time to come up with anything, or because the mechari don't have much of a culture of their own. In that case, I'd figure the Cassian homes would also double as the mechari's, since the Cassians are the dominant culture in the Dominion and the mechari would adopt whatever they used. I'm just talking out of my ass though

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Between a fifty hour work week and having more of a social life than I did at the launch of the past couple of MMOs I got into, Wildstar isn't really grabbing me like some MMOs of the past. I'm enjoying it, but playing it by myself has kind of put a damper on that enjoyment. Plus I rolled on the RP server and I think I'd of been better off rolling wherever you all are instead.

I'll pay for the next month and see how I feel about it.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Oh yeah.

I've been playin with friends on Bloodsworn but I guess I could make a dude on Stormtalon for when they're not around.

Are most people here playin exiles or dominion?

E: and then I remember a friend of mine who's out of town locked down my character names for me on launch day before the queues were like 50 years long. Whoops.

rhylith on
  • Options
    That is really wonderful, Darmak.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    That is really wonderful, Darmak.

My home plot is only about 25% complete, and that's mostly just the quarter around the spawn area to the house which is in the center. Want to make the entire thing one big forest!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Wow you can make your home a forest? I want to do that

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Nope, no mechari-styled anything. I'm assuming it's either because their artists didn't have time to come up with anything, or because the mechari don't have much of a culture of their own. In that case, I'd figure the Cassian homes would also double as the mechari's, since the Cassians are the dominant culture in the Dominion and the mechari would adopt whatever they used. I'm just talking out of my ass though

Mordesh definitely have their own culture, but they don't get their own home style either sadly.

Ended up just going with a Human Exile styled home.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    This weekend is the first time I've been able to play since launch. I'm in the G&T Dominion guild on Stormtalon, up to level 13 on my spellslinger.

• Options
    I'm about to hit 25 on my spellslinger, has anybody got a review of healing dungeons? I've been hesitant try it even though I generally like healing in MMOs but I'm worried it will be significantly more difficult than clicking a party frame and pressing a button (to the point of being unfun)

I'm usually pretty good at filling green bars tho...

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm already dominion on Bloodsworn so I'll probably try out exiles over here when I get my names.
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I'm about to hit 25 on my spellslinger, has anybody got a review of healing dungeons? I've been hesitant try it even though I generally like healing in MMOs but I'm worried it will be significantly more difficult than clicking a party frame and pressing a button (to the point of being unfun)

Healing is VERY tricky and requires your group to avoid damage as much as it requires you to heal. If you're only runnin dungeons with PA folks or friends you'll probably have fun but I wouldn't be caught dead in a dungeon without at least a couple people I know.

rhylith on
  • Options
    By the way, my Dominion spellslinger' name is Modedieu. Be my friends, friends.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

Use telegraph heals if possible. If you are the designated healer in the group, it is your job to heal the tank and keep him up. If the dps wants heals, its *their* job to stand between you and the tank to get some telegraph healing.
    and for as mobile as this game is, I am not going to chase around a jumping spastic case to land a heal on them.

There is definitely some reciprocity required for everyone to stay healed up in this game.

A good dps person in this game is one who stays alive and *doesn't* just mash a hit rotation.

a dps'ers priority list in this game should be:

1. Stay alive. Stay out of RED telegraphs. get between tank and healer for GREEN telegraph heals
    2. INTERRUPT critical casts
    3. if the first two criteria are met, then do damage

most plebs can't grok that 1 and 2 are more important than 3.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Cool, I'll probably throw together a healing LIMITED ACTION SET and then give it a shot, I still need to go back and do the level 15 dungeon because both times I did it I got no credit for the quest

Unrelated to healing, the other day I noticed that using the recommended prices to sell most things on the commodities market is a fantastic way to basically get robbed, because the game lets the automatic recommended prices go below an item's vendor value

I'm probably the last person to figure that out but I thought it was amazing

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ok here is my character on her flying pink skateboard

vfR8eVt.png

and here she is on the housing property I have

1PRQmc8.png

Kinda small house because all the upgrades are expensive

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Yea, @kwoaru we went over that in the g&t thread. Buy now means you buy the most expensive thing on the list. Sell now means you sell to the cheapest buyorder on the list

a sell order means that you will not accept any price below this amount, but someone can come under you and sell first

a buy order works the same way. You will not buy the object for anything more than the stated price, but if someone wants it more, they will offer more and be the first to be given it.

there is a tiny little question mark next to the price that gives averages for 1, 10, and 100 items sold and bought, but it seems dubious at best since we can't look at the record sheets like in EVE

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Yeah I just took everything to a vendor that was quick-selling for under the vendor price, because a system that works like that doesn't need my stack of plants

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    M.D. wrote: »
    ok here is my character on her flying pink skateboard

vfR8eVt.png

and here she is on the housing property I have

1PRQmc8.png

Kinda small house because all the upgrades are expensive

It looks like your house is about to be eaten by a rock monster with giant blue teeth.

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I'm already dominion on Bloodsworn so I'll probably try out exiles over here when I get my names.

Healing is VERY tricky and requires your group to avoid damage as much as it requires you to heal. If you're only runnin dungeons with PA folks or friends you'll probably have fun but I wouldn't be caught dead in a dungeon without at least a couple people I know.

I'm on bloodsworn too since aparently that's the PVP server that has PA folks or something. I'm LittleDragon on there if you feel like adding me.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular

the party frames are garbage for trying to heal with, the fact that the health bars are all a inconsistent size because the shield bar gets bigger, combined with the inability to add numbers or percentages to the static party unitframe makes it very hard to use

and they might have patched this but the health bars that float above targets heads that you can set total hp and %'s and stuff on are completely bugged and disappear and reappear or don't appear at all if running in directx11, which can be fixed by running it in dx9 but that really pissed me off

aside from that healing isn't that bad but I play a esper and can heal the group without targeting them which makes getting out of a dicey situation slightly easier

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I bought this on Sunday, I just hit 16 and made it to Thayd. I'm having a lot of fun, but it's been so long since I last MMO'd, I'm a little rusty.

I'm Therum on Stormtalon Exiles if anybody wants to add me. Please add me. Please. I'm so lonely.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Please message Rockham, SniperGuy, or TheKoolEagle for invites to the Exiles guild.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ill add you when I get on again

to my friends list / neighbors access

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    RawrBear wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »

I'm on bloodsworn too since aparently that's the PVP server that has PA folks or something. I'm LittleDragon on there if you feel like adding me.

There's other PA folks there? News to me!

Is there a guild?

rhylith on
  • Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    The G&T thread says there is anyway! The leader people who were listed in that thread weren't on last night when I tried to throw /tells at them.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I am less than enthused that my first piece of proper Settler gear is a trucker cap.

Bq7c0_oCMAApZKn.png

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So I was thinking of picking up this game when it was 30$... but now it is 60$ AND a subcsription fee... so maybe eventually? Also my NCSoft account isn't working and they haven't gotten back to me on that.

Sooo

Sell me on this game, for the future when I have futuremoney. I was considering being an engineer or an esper, maybe a spellsinger. I prefer pet classes but badass dual pistol wielding magic cowboy also appeals to me. I'd probably play Empire but I also like the look of the Granok and the Mordesh so I could go either way.

Edit: I have heard there are guest invites, which would be cool if someone offered, but not right now because right now I can't play because as mentioned, my NCSoft account doesn't work and they haven't gotten back to me about it yet.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Combat is so fun

And granted, you're not planning on playing right now, but currently the PA Exile guild I've found is a bit more active than the Dominion one, at least on Stormtalon.

• Options
    So I was thinking of picking up this game when it was 30$... but now it is 60$ AND a subcsription fee... so maybe eventually? Also my NCSoft account isn't working and they haven't gotten back to me on that.

Sooo

Sell me on this game, for the future when I have futuremoney. I was considering being an engineer or an esper, maybe a spellsinger. I prefer pet classes but badass dual pistol wielding magic cowboy also appeals to me. I'd probably play Empire but I also like the look of the Granok and the Mordesh so I could go either way.

Edit: I have heard there are guest invites, which would be cool if someone offered, but not right now because right now I can't play because as mentioned, my NCSoft account doesn't work and they haven't gotten back to me about it yet.

The first month of the game is free out of the box, so you don't need to worry about setting up a subscription plan right away.

There's also a play-to-pay model included in the game called CREDD, where you can exchange gold with other players for another month of game time. It's a little on the expensive side right now since the game just came out (4 Platinum/400 Gold for one month), but hopefully the price will start to go down once everybody's free month is up and they need to start paying subscription fees.

I haven't checked out Dominon yet, but the missions on the Exile side are pretty good, provided you don't mind an overabundance of inexplicable Southern accents.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I've added my character to Bloodsworn Dominion side. Name's MalpracticeDM. Please add me to the Chua Space Program.

Also, I have keys for people to try the game. PM me for one.

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I've been having a relatively unfun time with this game the past week.

Not because of the game though! Partly because of my own forgetfulness, and partly because of... Well, not sure what the cause of my latest problem is.

Last weekend my account was compromised. Not entirely sure how, but I'd kept forgetting to set up the 2-step authentication so I am partly to blame, at least. Luckily they didn't even change my email or password, so I got the account back no problem, and sent a ticket in to report it. They locked the account for a couple of days while they investigated, but their support people were very friendly and helpful and informative. So I finally got to play a bit over the last few days.

Then this morning I get an email informing me that my account has been suspended for a few days for EULA violations by using 3rd party programs. Which is most perplexing, since I'm preeeety sure I don't. I use a few UI mods, but nothing more, and the UI mods are entirely allowed.

So I shot them off another ticket asking wtf is going on. I'm wondering if the violation was detected while the gold farmers or whatever had access to my account and they've only just now go around to responding to it.

Either way, it's super frustrating since this is all out of my control at this point. Apparently they could even ban my account entirely if they decide to? I don't want that! I really like this game!

• Options
    I have NA guest passes if people want to give it a spin for a week.

Also, if you are new Exiles then send Rorus a mail and I can make you a sweet blue weapon. Just put "assault or support" along with your class so I know whether to make a dps or tank/heal weapon.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    New 50's, or do you have weaps for all levels? My stalker could use some phat lootz

godmode on
  • Options
    I can pretty much make weapons for all levels, but I carry a stack of high-quality lowbie power cores specifically to give new people something nice.

If you are a technologist you can always send me a power core and I can make something with it. Better cores means more power I have to work with when crafting, and that means more stats for the final product.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Ah, I picked mining and relic hunting for my exile char.

• Options
    This has worn thin for a lot of people already, but I will miss being able to spam /strain.
    Bhu7GqM.png

YL9WnCY.png