As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there isn't really much left I want to buy I don't think, unless maybe mirror's edge pops up again

can't decide whether to play sleeping dogs or just cause 2 first

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Despite all the games that I've purchased so far, which is the first year I've been really able to do so (hooray stable employment), I was still stumped as what to play on my day off.

So I'm installing Killer is Dead. Let's see if Suda holds to his name.

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    How does that trading card thing work during the sale? Do I get a card for every game I buy or would I get one card only even if I buy like 3 games at once?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you get one for every ten bucks you spend, so depending how much you spend at a time you could potentially get several at once

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I voted for sports because I own all the Mystery games and I am actually curious about F1 2013 and The Golf Club.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    It amuses me somewhat, sitting at work doing something someone might describe as software development, that I could go home and choose to play a game about software development.

Presumably not pictured: Changing requirements, demented product owners, non-functional infrastructure, Gant charts

...but still, brilliant.

I would kill for Gantt charts. And you missed insane consultants.

/Work

Ontopic: Go Blue, I guess?

n57PM0C.jpg
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I voted for sports because I own all the Mystery games and I am actually curious about F1 2013 and The Golf Club.

I wish I would remember my password, then I could vote for Sports here at work. A heavily discounted F1 2013 would be awesome.

• DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    I really appreciate everyone leaving me out of the gifting this time around as I'd asked so I don't have to spend a fortune retaliating.

Unfortunately, @DaxterMax didn't get the memo, so when making a check for trade offers I find this in my inventory page:

5awV8In.jpg

Thanks so much, I really loved the third game and I've heard amazing things about IV.

Seriously though, please leave me alone this sale and we can resume hostilities on Thanksgifting.

No retaliation necessary.
    I saw it was 75% off, high on your wish list and that you had already played a lot of #3 so it seemed like the right choice. The game is a blast from what I've played so far.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    VeeVee saw fit to add another game to the ever growing backlog.
    Like Sisyphus we are doomed to slowly try and clear out one game at a time only to have to begin again.
    mXYy94n.jpg
    Thanks for Rock of Ages.
    But seriously, this is game where you start out as Sisyphus and decide to instead break out of Hades with your boulder and battle your way through history crushing mythological and historical figures with a big rock.
    It's pretty cool. Played some on the ole xbox. But glad to give it another go around and check out some of the updates that have happened to it as well.

Seeing this image has just reminded me that Apotheon is coming out this year.

http://youtu.be/zBnNluH6bhA

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Damn, got bitten by the "no trading/store on new machines" thing. I'm one card away but can't flip this extra #8 on the market until I get home.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    It's not Valve fudging the numbers so much as whatever formula they have running for the event will give a massive weight increase to teams that haven't won yet.

Which makes me wonder what the whole point of the competition is when they could just randomly give away X games and day and achieve the same effect.

Valve has a chip on their shoulder about the tragedy of the commons.
    I'm going to go ahead and call the type of person willing to spend $30 on a token (or $50 on point-steal items, or hundreds on sale badges, etc) just so that they can "win" a sociopath. American Psycho grade ala Patrick Bateman grade cray cray. Valve hates these people and will go to moderately extravagant lengths to spite them.

Remember this?;

ceabm95spgoi.jpg

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    planetarypirates.jpg

Woke up to this. So, clearly, sleeping is no longer safe.

Thanks to @Antoshka for planetary destruction goodness (now THAT should feed my inner urge for wide-scale annihilation!) and @JaysonFour for some pirates, because pirates are always the right answer (and yes, pirates > ninjas, fact).

Too much classy. <3<3<3

Steam thread, you guys are killing me here. I have all the games now. All of them. Every one. Really. But I hear @Spoit needs more games. And really, so does Antoshka. So um, here let me help with that: Here's his profile. And this is his wishlist. Make shit happen. I know you can do it...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So I'm addicted to Symphony. Getting to blast spaceships to the sounds of Van Halen is never a bad thing. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    SPACE MARINES

Space Marine is a pretty competent third person shooter, set in the Warhammer 40k universe. The campaign is good, but there's a horde mode called Exterminatus, which is an absolute blast to play with friends. For anyone who has this and wants to reinstall, or for anyone who just may pick it up during the sale, add me (sig) and we will bring glory to the Emperor (Or to, uh, Chaos or something if we play as Chaos).

Are you the magic man?
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    gohome.png
    powerpuff.png

Woke up to this :) so I guess I need to go home and defend Townsville. Thanks @KoopahTroopah‌ and @anoffday‌.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Gone home is magnificent but I regret spoiling some bits early on and listening to the voicemail. I need sleep but I need to reach the attic.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Insurgency... I can't tell if it's good or not. Watched quite a few videos on it, and reactions seem... mixed at best?

• AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    Arithon32 wrote: »
    Apparently I need to stay inside due to the weather, because @Talus9952 and @Asharad gifted me Risk of Rain and Gone Home, respectively. Thanks!

Thank you in turn for System Shock 2. I'm really looking forward to patching that hole in my gaming history.

I hope you love Gone Home. I played it a week ago and went nuts for it, it really is as good an experience as everyone says.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Gone home is magnificent but I regret spoiling some bits early on and listening to the voicemail. I need sleep but I need to reach the attic.

The voicemail when you first start the game? I think that's meant to be listened to, isn't it?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    @Pixelated Pixie all right, so I had a bad day at work, and made a moderately off topic comment. How does that earn this sort of retribution?

Also, planetary destruction is awesome, just watch for flame tanks. They will get you first.

Also, Spoit twitches more.

Edit: phone corrections.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Insurgency... I can't tell if it's good or not. Watched quite a few videos on it, and reactions seem... mixed at best?

If you like tactical shooters it's good and enjoyable.

If you are luke warm on them the unimpressive presentation will probably sour you.

I like it but the game can be very mixed in terms of quality.

• ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Man, I am a sucker for LEGO games. Just snagged LEGO: The Movie, and LEGO: The Hobbit while on sale. I had resisted so well until now.

steam_sig.png
  • LadyDustBunnyLadyDustBunny Registered User regular
    Gooooood morning, everyone! Here's hoping for a another day of awesome steam sales! Hope you all find the games you want for crazy good prices! :smiley:

steam_sig.png

Origin: DustBunny777
    3DS: 2836-0103-2102
    M1GZYUT.jpg
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Anyone have thoughts on Starforge?

The price seems good and it sounds interesting, but the reviews seem very negative and there has been a flood of those 'open world building / resource gathering shooter' games lately.

Otherwise...it seems like I've gotten pretty much everything I want this sale that's going to be in my price range. Somehow my wishlist is bigger now than when the sale started, but even then I probably will be wrapped up in Kerbal through fall and won't get to any other new games until at least winter...might as well hold out until Winter Sale for anything else.

• dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    So pink team won... Hooray? I didn't get a damn thing. They should at least give every team member a card or something.

Also I might pick up KSP since it's pretty cheap right now, but what are the chances of it getting cheaper?

I'm trying to hold out on a ton of purchases til closer to my pay check. But that might not happen. I also need to go through a lot of old humble bundle stuff and give some extra shit away.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    So pink team won... Hooray? I didn't get a damn thing. They should at least give every team member a card or something.

Also I might pick up KSP since it's pretty cheap right now, but what are the chances of it getting cheaper?

I'm trying to hold out on a ton of purchases til closer to my pay check. But that might not happen. I also need to go through a lot of old humble bundle stuff and give some extra shit away.

Every contributing team members gets two cards.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So, with Steam apparently cheating, who wants to bet purple team gets the win next...assuming they just go in order again.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

KSP seems to go for 40% off - $16 price point every few months. I've been watching it since December and haven't seen it go lower, so if you're interested and actually have time to get into it in the near future, now is probably a good time to pick it up.

I mean...it might go lower, but I wouldn't bet on it. And it's a good enough game that if you paid $3.00 more than you really HAD to, you still probably won't regret it.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So, with Steam apparently cheating, who wants to bet purple team gets the win next...assuming they just go in order again.

I imagine they'll give it up once everybody has a win.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Does anyone here have thoughts on Paper Sorcerer? Steam tells me that Krummith‌ has a bunch of hours in it, could you perhaps shed some light?

I really wanted to like Legend of Grimrock but I found the real-time battles really stressful and annoying. To get past tricky foes, I'd lead them through a hallway with a door, close it, open it for just long enough to sneak in a hit then quickly close it, save, rinse and repeat... It got pretty tedious. Loved the environmental puzzles though

@TeeMan, I felt exactly the same way as you about LoG. I wanted to like it so much, but the real time combat was incredibly jarring compared with my methodical, step by step wall investigations otherwise.

Paper Sorcerer was the game I wanted LoG to be. Combat is traditional TB, and is pretty satisfying. The game has some rough edges and gets a bit samey through the middle. But for a game done essentially as a labor of love by one guy (who was able to get a little help post kickstarter), it's really solid, fun and stylish.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Does anyone here have thoughts on Paper Sorcerer? Steam tells me that @Krummith‌ has a bunch of hours in it, could you perhaps shed some light?

I really wanted to like Legend of Grimrock but I found the real-time battles really stressful and annoying. To get past tricky foes, I'd lead them through a hallway with a door, close it, open it for just long enough to sneak in a hit then quickly close it, save, rinse and repeat... It got pretty tedious. Loved the environmental puzzles though

I haven't played it that much, but enough to know that movement is free range (like an fps), but battle is turn-based. The environmental asethetic of paper is cool, at least so far. The party is also less than conventional fare, which is cool.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    So I don't get to go home today. Last night I was in so much pain it felt like my heart was going to explode. I feel slightly better today but obviously the doctor's want to monitor me. Good thing I have this lovely thread to keep me entertained.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    It's not Valve fudging the numbers so much as whatever formula they have running for the event will give a massive weight increase to teams that haven't won yet.

Which makes me wonder what the whole point of the competition is when they could just randomly give away X games and day and achieve the same effect.

I'm going to go ahead and call the type of person willing to spend $30 on a token (or $50 on point-steal items, or hundreds on sale badges, etc) just so that they can "win" a sociopath. American Psycho grade ala Patrick Bateman grade cray cray. Valve hates these people and will go to moderately extravagant lengths to spite them.

Remember this?;

ceabm95spgoi.jpg

I have that. What does it mean I did or did not do?

camo_sig2.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Yay Guacamelee. I was disappointed when it didn't win the vote over the weekend, so glad it showed up quickly in flash sales.

Also, I voted for "not sports" :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I'm just happy to be on the winning team, even if it is rigged. While I hope the odds will ever be in my favor for the 3 games, I'm just pleased that I'll receive 2 cards which = profit.

There's two more games I'm hoping will come back around as a Daily or a Flash, and a successful procurement of those would make my Sale complete. I don't think we'll see better than $20 for AssCreed IV this go around, which is just fine given that I have 3 AssCreed games to beat before I get to that one, and it will be much cheaper before I can actually play it.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

Remember this?;

ceabm95spgoi.jpg

I have that. What does it mean I did or did not do?

It means you didn't cheat back when they introduced hats and achievements. I have it too. I don't get the correlation though. Are you calling me a sociopath?

Steam: offday
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    zagdrob wrote: »

KSP seems to go for 40% off - $16 price point every few months. I've been watching it since December and haven't seen it go lower, so if you're interested and actually have time to get into it in the near future, now is probably a good time to pick it up.

I mean...it might go lower, but I wouldn't bet on it. And it's a good enough game that if you paid $3.00 more than you really HAD to, you still probably won't regret it.

I really want Kerbals and I've waffled back and forth over and over again at the 40% point. I'm thinking I'm going to wait until the winter sale - by then it'll be a bit cheaper but also wouldn't be an early access game. I know it's super fleshed out right now, but the early access thing still makes me nervous. However, that could change if I still have money at the end of the sale and it goes up again :)

I know I'd play it, but during sale season on a tight budget that price is the same as buying 4 other games.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I'm just happy to be on the winning team, even if it is rigged. While I hope the odds will ever be in my favor for the 3 games, I'm just pleased that I'll receive 2 cards which = profit.

I think it's hilarious how far blue is ahead when they were in last place almost every other day :P Like, even more than the teams that won the previous days - we are ~800,000 points ahead of anyone else. Whole thing is ridiculous :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Hrm, I don't have that Cheater's Lament item, and I definitely didn't cheat. Maybe it's because I didn't really play the game by the time they introduced hats and achievements? I took a break for a year or two.

Also, looks like Shovel Knight is actually coming out the day after tomorrow. In the middle of a Steam sale! Weird. I wonder if they'll have any sort of discount to be competitive.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnD4WRzgjI

Looks pretty good though!

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    uh... weird:
    MQl2VU8.png?1

Well did you click it?

It brings you to the store front page, you see the game is to buy things... it all makes sense now.

This discussion has been closed.