As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    anoffday wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    It's not Valve fudging the numbers so much as whatever formula they have running for the event will give a massive weight increase to teams that haven't won yet.

Which makes me wonder what the whole point of the competition is when they could just randomly give away X games and day and achieve the same effect.

Valve has a chip on their shoulder about the tragedy of the commons.
    I'm going to go ahead and call the type of person willing to spend $30 on a token (or $50 on point-steal items, or hundreds on sale badges, etc) just so that they can "win" a sociopath. American Psycho grade ala Patrick Bateman grade cray cray. Valve hates these people and will go to moderately extravagant lengths to spite them.

Remember this?;

ceabm95spgoi.jpg

I have that. What does it mean I did or did not do?

It means you didn't cheat back when they introduced hats and achievements. I have it too. I don't get the correlation though. Are you calling me a sociopath?

Nono.
    Not even calling the hat-idlers sociopaths...
    But out there somewhere is some guy or gal that burned $50 on a Purple Team token on day 1 for the sole purpose of being on the winning team. That person is our Patrick Bateman. Probably not the Patrick Bateman though - that guy is cool.

Just saying that, in general, Valve seems to dislike people taking their mini-games too seriously.

Sokpuppet on
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    Take some time away from the craziness of the sale and try to grab some free games!

signature.png

signature.png

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    Gone home is magnificent but I regret spoiling some bits early on and listening to the voicemail. I need sleep but I need to reach the attic.

The voicemail when you first start the game? I think that's meant to be listened to, isn't it?

It definitely is.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I played Gone Home right after I beat Amnesia. Talk about being afraid of your own shadow, even though the game has zero horror elements.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    if you haven't played bastion or fez, you need to get in on those giveaways
    and then get ready to buy the soundtracks

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Hrm, I don't have that Cheater's Lament item, and I definitely didn't cheat. Maybe it's because I didn't really play the game by the time they introduced hats and achievements? I took a break for a year or two.

Also, looks like Shovel Knight is actually coming out the day after tomorrow. In the middle of a Steam sale! Weird. I wonder if they'll have any sort of discount to be competitive.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnD4WRzgjI

Looks pretty good though!

We were talking about this in the chat. I would hope there isn't a discount. The game is brand new and deserves to rake in some day 1 cash at regular price. Granted, they've already made a sizable amount through the Kickstarter, but still. I'm kind of stunned that it's launching during a sale. I can't pick it up til Friday at any rate, but I will be more than happy to pay their asking price. I need that game. And I've said it before, but I'll say it again: no Vita version is a crime against puppies and kittens. And babies. And me.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thanks a TON to @Elvenshae who launched the Kerbals my way. I think me and my son will boot it up tonight, it seems like the perfect type of game to keep him busy over the summer vacation and maybe do a nice combo breaker on his Minecraft addiction! We have 1 computer with me, my son and my niece sharing it this summer, I have a feeling that competition is going to be getting stiffer!

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I can't support Fez because the developer is a colossal goose. I had thought he'd decided to vanish from the public eye after his previous kerfluffle but he's gone on record recently and stated that LP'ers are stealing money from him when they play Fez and that all their ad revenue should belong to him.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Thanks a TON to @Elvenshae who launched the Kerbals my way. I think me and my son will boot it up tonight, it seems like the perfect type of game to keep him busy over the summer vacation and maybe do a nice combo breaker on his Minecraft addiction! We have 1 computer with me, my son and my niece sharing it this summer, I have a feeling that competition is going to be getting stiffer!

I heard Kerbal is one of those.....educational games.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Madican wrote: »

I can't support Fez because the developer is a colossal goose. I had thought he'd decided to vanish from the public eye after his previous kerfluffle but he's gone on record recently and stated that LP'ers are stealing money from him when they play Fez and that all their ad revenue should belong to him.

Hate the artist, not the art?

• PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So I'm addicted to Symphony. Getting to blast spaceships to the sounds of Van Halen is never a bad thing. :D

Mötley Crüe is fun also. Dr. Feelgood is brutal and I'm only on the 3rd difficulty setting.

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    If anyone hasn't played or picked up BattleBlock Theater, it's pretty fun. I'd love to play some co-op too, add me if you have it - thanks again jerkface @Spoit‌

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Goodness!

sOHdQxo.jpg

2SsIPOe.jpg

Gifted by the polymorphous @Anime Toast {sic}, now running on Steam as ... at the moment. :) Thanks very much, Grand Forum Benefactor. I very much appreciate this, as will my 8 year old son who started LEGO robotics camp this week. :)

EDIT: Oh my, Backstage Pass does look amazing...

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    I actually watched Indie Game: The Movie last night finally and did not think Phil Fish came across nearly as bad as everyone said. He's just a passionate dude with some social skill deficits, a bit of a perfectionist, and the tendency to use hyperbole.

Of course, besides his quitting the industry comment and the movie, I don't have a lot of knowledge about him.

Still, the game was made by more than just him, though he was the main driver, if that makes any difference.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • HounHoun Registered User regular

Look. If you win the giveaway, you're not supporting Phil Fish. He's not getting a dime from you. Even then, I'd still say you should buy it on a deep discount.

I was much like you. Then I came across a copy of Fez, and Holy Shit it's Amazing. Like, yeah, the dude's an asshole, but he's an asshole that can make a really fun and engaging game. So don't let the man sour you on his art, because it is. It's a work of fucking art.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Any chance Space Hulk and the Space Wolves DLC will get a better sale?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I know it's not Steam but...
    Omerta + 4 DLC for free at GOG.com during the next 2 hours.
    Just log into your account and click on the Omerta icon on the main page.

yo6wpeciyoog.jpg

EDIT: Be careful to go through the image/link on the frontpage. It's the only way to get it for free. If you use the search option it will show at its normal price.

HiT BiT on
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Stragint wrote: »
    Any chance Space Hulk and the Space Wolves DLC will get a better sale?

Space Hulk is in a Humble Weekly Bundle right now for $6, along with a bunch of other cool stuff. So assuming that's cheaper than US Steam (it is cheaper than EU Steam with a rough currency conversion), then...yes.

Can't speak for Space Wolves. It's only £2.50 ($4?) or so on the Humble store though.

CroakerBC on
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Weird. I just checked and it's showing as full price. I'll check again in a little while.

On another note, I went away for 2 days and came back to 2000 posts in this thread. Good lord you guys are crazy. But everyone is so nice in this thread it kind of freaks me out. Just giftbombs of class flying everywhere.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Weird. I just checked and it's showing as full price. I'll check again in a little while.

On another note, I went away for 2 days and came back to 2000 posts in this thread. Good lord you guys are crazy. But everyone is so nice in this thread it kind of freaks me out. Just giftbombs of class flying everywhere.

I thought the same, but if you click on it from the front page, you'll get the link for the free version. It was about halfway down with all the other sale items.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
    It's getting slammed right now most likely, as they're queuing up people getting it for free like they did with Dungeon Keeper a little while back.

• citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    I haven't come across much yet that I'd buy for myself but I did catch Transformers: War for Cybertron at $4.99 the other day and gifted that to my son. That was the best part of the sale so far. I'd make a comment about how 9-year olds love giant robots but who doesn't like giant robots?

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Well oh shit I thought my student loan had come out already. I was wrong. I effectively spent $400 yesterday and think that I should probably cut my sale short. There's one thing I'd be sorely tempted to get still but I think between getting rocksmith, the wonderful gifts I've received and (hopefully) given that I've had a pretty fulfilling 4 days of sale. Next years goal. Pacing!

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    How do I make my generic PC joypad read as a 360 joypad? I tried to play Pinball FX and I can't get it to register

and that makes me really really sad

Going to cry a little bit more about this. I really want to play pinball.

@DasUberEdward - Catching up on thread so hopefully you already figured this out, but google is your friend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802979775368491/

I can't vouch for it but x360ce seems to be the popular answer on various forums

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Okay is there a way to check if someone owns DLC for a game?

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    How do I make my generic PC joypad read as a 360 joypad? I tried to play Pinball FX and I can't get it to register

and that makes me really really sad

Going to cry a little bit more about this. I really want to play pinball.

@DasUberEdward - Catching up on thread so hopefully you already figured this out, but google is your friend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802979775368491/

I can't vouch for it but x360ce seems to be the popular answer on various forums

you could probably also use joy2key and map it as keyboard buttons

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

That's... yeah, that's corporate level goosery there.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular

The only way I've found is to put it in your cart, select 'buy as a gift', then scroll down your list of friends to see if the person you want to give it to is blocked as they already own it.

There must be a better way...

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Steam used to show dlc as unique items when you checked someone's game list. Did they change that?

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

Some dlc shows up in the persons game list, but others you have to go to the DLCs store page and then click on friends that own this. I've had more success doing it on the mobile app than in the desktop app.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    I just realiced every unlockable character head in Battleblock Theater can be traded. And there are hundreds of them!
    Look @Berylline, rabbits!
    62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f
    Also Isy:
    62fx62f

• PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    I've made about $15 from selling my backlog of cards so far. There's an outside chance I'll be able to fund all the games I realistically wanted to grab without spending a dime. I love steam cards.

camo_sig2.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I want Shovel Knight

Polaritie wrote: »

That's... yeah, that's corporate level goosery there.

Not to start a debate about it, but I don't see how at least a portion shouldn't go to the dev. But that's because I feel the same way about used game sales. My opinion is meaningless since it's not something that affects me or will change any time soon, so whatever. But I don't see this as yet another "Oh, Fish..." moment.

I just want Fez 2, dammit. That logo promised things to me. I want those things.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    I just realiced every unlockable character head in Battleblock Theater can be traded. And there are hundreds of them!
    Look @Berylline, rabbits!
    62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f
    Also Isy:
    62fx62f

So you're saying Battleblock will be this year's Scribblenauts for your workshop voodoo black magic art skills?

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    It's not Valve fudging the numbers so much as whatever formula they have running for the event will give a massive weight increase to teams that haven't won yet.

Which makes me wonder what the whole point of the competition is when they could just randomly give away X games and day and achieve the same effect.

Valve has a chip on their shoulder about the tragedy of the commons.
    I'm going to go ahead and call the type of person willing to spend $30 on a token (or $50 on point-steal items, or hundreds on sale badges, etc) just so that they can "win" a sociopath. American Psycho grade ala Patrick Bateman grade cray cray. Valve hates these people and will go to moderately extravagant lengths to spite them.

Remember this?;

ceabm95spgoi.jpg

I have that. What does it mean I did or did not do?

It means you didn't cheat back when they introduced hats and achievements. I have it too. I don't get the correlation though. Are you calling me a sociopath?

Nono.
    Not even calling the hat-idlers sociopaths...
    But out there somewhere is some guy or gal that burned $50 on a Purple Team token on day 1 for the sole purpose of being on the winning team. That person is our Patrick Bateman. Probably not the Patrick Bateman though - that guy is cool.

Just saying that, in general, Valve seems to dislike people taking their mini-games too seriously.

I was just kidding around. I agree with what you're saying.

Steam: offday
    So you're saying Battleblock will be this year's Scribblenauts for your workshop voodoo black magic art skills?
    Unfortunately you can't create and upload your own head designs to the Steam Workshop, just level designs created with the ingame editor.
    Otherwise there would be tens of forumer heads uploaded by now. :#

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Unfortunately you can't create and upload your own head designs to the Steam Workshop, just level designs created with the ingame editor.

Otherwise there would be tens of forumer heads uploaded by now. :#

That sounds really ominous.

I like it. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I know it's not Steam but...
    Omerta + 4 DLC for free at GOG.com during the next 2 hours.
    Just log into your account and click on the Omerta icon on the main page.

yo6wpeciyoog.jpg

EDIT: Be careful to go through the image/link on the frontpage. It's the only way to get it for free. If you use the search option it will show at its normal price.

It's a special kind of #FirstWorldProblem when part of you is disappointed that a game is available for free because you have a code for it tucked away in inventory. :p

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • KamiKami Registered User regular
    I installed the Steam app on my Kindle, and stayed at my girlfriend's place last night

I may have set an alarm for 4:30 am to vote on Community's Choice and see the new Flash deals

shutup I don't have a problem you have a problem

This discussion has been closed.