As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    I know it's not Steam but...
    Omerta + 4 DLC for free at GOG.com during the next 2 hours.
    Just log into your account and click on the Omerta icon on the main page.

yo6wpeciyoog.jpg

EDIT: Be careful to go through the image/link on the frontpage. It's the only way to get it for free. If you use the search option it will show at its normal price.

It's a special kind of #FirstWorldProblem when part of you is disappointed that a game is available for free because you have a code for it tucked away in inventory. :p

I promise you there are people who want it cheap on Steam instead of free on GoG. I'm not one of those people, but I promise you that they exist.

camo_sig2.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    I know it's not Steam but...
    Omerta + 4 DLC for free at GOG.com during the next 2 hours.
    Just log into your account and click on the Omerta icon on the main page.

yo6wpeciyoog.jpg

EDIT: Be careful to go through the image/link on the frontpage. It's the only way to get it for free. If you use the search option it will show at its normal price.

It's a special kind of #FirstWorldProblem when part of you is disappointed that a game is available for free because you have a code for it tucked away in inventory. :p

I promise you there are people who want it cheap on Steam instead of free on GoG. I'm not one of those people, but I promise you that they exist.

Well duh, non steam shortcuts are a pain in the ass

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So you're saying Battleblock will be this year's Scribblenauts for your workshop voodoo black magic art skills?
    Unfortunately you can't create and upload your own head designs to the Steam Workshop, just level designs created with the ingame editor.
    Otherwise there would be tens of forumer heads uploaded by now. :#

Mine would be the easiest head to make. Really simple, I'll outline the steps.

1. Draw a circle
    2. You're done!

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    if you haven't played bastion or fez, you need to get in on those giveaways
    and then get ready to buy the soundtracks

I can't support Fez because the developer is a colossal goose. I had thought he'd decided to vanish from the public eye after his previous kerfluffle but he's gone on record recently and stated that LP'ers are stealing money from him when they play Fez and that all their ad revenue should belong to him.

That's... yeah, that's corporate level goosery there.

Not to start a debate about it, but I don't see how at least a portion shouldn't go to the dev. But that's because I feel the same way about used game sales. My opinion is meaningless since it's not something that affects me or will change any time soon, so whatever. But I don't see this as yet another "Oh, Fish..." moment.

I just want Fez 2, dammit. That logo promised things to me. I want those things.

It would be nice, yes. Legally though, it's fair use. (Game sales are first-sale doctrine, and I don't see why the dev should get a cent there - same as any other manufacturer and secondhand sales)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Thinking I was safe and that everyone had forgotten me, I quietly logged in to Steam only to be slapped in the face by reality.

b5CMrUb.jpg

Thank you so much, @anoffday!

steam_sig.png
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Any chance Space Hulk and the Space Wolves DLC will get a better sale?

@Stragint‌
    Space Hulk is in the $6 tier in the currently weekly humble bundle.

steam_sig.png
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Consortium went to $4.99 on GOG.com. Hoping we'll get the same on Steam before the sale is over.

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2014
    So things with no discount now are probably not going to see one as part of this sale, right? I should just give up hope now and spend my dollars elsewhere or suck it up and pay full price like some sort of rube?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Yogacast DLC for Sonic Racing is just a character like Ryo, or does it add a course too like Metal Sonic?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Today I learnt that @iolo is a recursive acronym: Iolo Outputs Lots Of (Class):

ca4xg4g6lugv.jpg

Amazing!!!! Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    I just realiced every unlockable character head in Battleblock Theater can be traded. And there are hundreds of them!
    Look @Berylline, rabbits!
    62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f
    Also Isy:
    62fx62f

And suddenly this game has just moved up a lot higher in my "play this soon" queue!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/170479-ubisoft-massive-sweden-leak-on-division-downgrade/

Looks like Ubisoft is intentionally downgrading the graphics on ALL their PC games to make consoles look better, not just watch_dogs.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    The Summer Charity drive is ongoing, heading for the Friday, 10am ET closing bell.

1) Give to childsplaycharity.org, either cash donation or games, books, movies, etc. off hospitals' wishlists.
    2) Post PROOF here in the thread. Please do it inline and not in a spoiler or link. (Very hard to spot these things at sale speed).
    3) @Alert iolo and CorriganX‌ in your post for tallying and beancounting and other administrivia.

We have $3796.18 so far.

The next two stretch goals are within reach!

b0MLYsz.jpg

Other folks have stuff going on too, like @The Brayster's tourney, @akajaybay‌'s game and giftcard drawing, @SanderJK's drawing for Divinity games (including Original Sin which releases 6/30 SQUEEEE) and the incredible upcoming streaming marathons by @CorriganX‌, @SmokeStacks‌, @Krummith‌, @Jeix and @Berylline‌ (with bonus bunnies)!

So get to it!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Anyone who thinks a $400 console is ever going to compete with a $1000 custom rig in power is delusional.

It's depressing that they're willing to gut their own product that way though. If people prefer to buy the PC version, how does that hurt them (as long as PC supports console specs on the low end I mean)? I'm curious the reasoning behind that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/170479-ubisoft-massive-sweden-leak-on-division-downgrade/

Looks like Ubisoft is intentionally downgrading the graphics on ALL their PC games to make consoles look better, not just watch_dogs.

"...there is definitely a lot of push coming from publishers to not make the experience so different on consoles as to alienate people into thinking that next generation is not as powerful as PC."

IE, a lot of push to prevent people from realizing the truth.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    1. Draw a circle
    2. You're done!
    Ok, here you have:
    FbdyUtV.png
    Wait, maybe that wasn't a request...

HiT BiT on
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular

What does this have to do with Steam?

Are you the magic man?
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    8ct1upu.png

I sure hope so, @iolo - I sure hope so.

I was a bad enough dude to save Ronnie, thanks for giving me the chance to see if I can handle this too.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    How do I make my generic PC joypad read as a 360 joypad? I tried to play Pinball FX and I can't get it to register

and that makes me really really sad

Going to cry a little bit more about this. I really want to play pinball.

@DasUberEdward - Catching up on thread so hopefully you already figured this out, but google is your friend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802979775368491/

I can't vouch for it but x360ce seems to be the popular answer on various forums

you could probably also use joy2key and map it as keyboard buttons

@EvilMonkey‌

The thread dissuade me from DS3 tool previously. Wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. x360ce seems to work but yikes I have to copy and paste the files into every game folder? That's wacky.

steam_sig.png
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Yogacast DLC for Sonic Racing is just a character like Ryo, or does it add a course too like Metal Sonic?
    No new course, just a new character like the arcade cabinet rider.

• SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Svevin wrote: »
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Anybody else getting errors on the Steam store webpage?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Sadly, this won't get us much closer to $15,001. At least the kids will enjoy it.

fVtETHr.jpg

@iolo and @CorriganX‌

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »

Ubisoft sells their games on Steam?

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

Which makes no sense, because they bundled in Watch_Dogs with higher end GeForce cards this month. Why would buy a brand new graphics card for a 'next gen' experience if I don't actually get that?

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »

Which makes no sense, because they bundled in Watch_Dogs with higher end GeForce cards this month. Why would buy a brand new graphics card for a 'next gen' experience if I don't actually get that?

You seem to be seeking logic or consistency of action.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    bannersaga_zpscd2bd9fd.png

Whoa, @Iolo‌ , with the amount of people you've hit on this page alone, I believe this qualifies as a spree.

Thank you so, so much for The Banner Saga. It looks gorgeous, and I can't wait to jump in.

Speaking of vikings, after downloading 10 gigs of texture packs and HD updates, I started up Skyrim last night and Gwendolyn the viking is smashing things with her big warhammer. I put on some Amon Amarth in the background and let her go to town on some bandits for a little while. Almost shed a tear at how happy I was at that moment.

steam_sig.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Frei wrote: »

Ubisoft sells their games on Steam?

It's not new for this thread to sort of get treated as a catch-all PC gaming thread sometimes for lack of an actual one. That said, better to address it in the specific threads for The Division (I know we've got one, although it's probably several pages deep) and other Ubisoft games.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    1. Draw a circle
    2. You're done!
    Ok, here you have:
    FbdyUtV.png
    Wait, maybe that wasn't a request...

Well now I'm going to need to look for a head like this when I play Battleblock Theater.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Should I pull the trigger on Wolf Among Us?

I've been able to pretend I'm not spending any money by only gifting and buying $2.50 - $4.99 games but I feel like it's probably more than worth the price.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Is it bad that I'm actively hoping that my vote for community choice loses so I can save money?

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Gone Home was incredible.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular

I've been able to pretend I'm not spending any money by only gifting and buying $2.50 - $4.99 games but I feel like it's probably more than worth the price.

It's probably an unfair comparison given how awesome TWD is, but I've heard that it is not as spectacular as their previous works. A recent Game Informer podcast I listened to seemed to indicate that every other episode is good, and and that the overall experience is weighed down by the lack of character development/emotional attachment which isn't nearly as well done as TWD.

I'm personally waiting until it's $5.00 or less, but that's also because I have a lot to play.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Lindsey Lohan
    Thanks a TON to @Elvenshae who launched the Kerbals my way. I think me and my son will boot it up tonight, it seems like the perfect type of game to keep him busy over the summer vacation and maybe do a nice combo breaker on his Minecraft addiction! We have 1 computer with me, my son and my niece sharing it this summer, I have a feeling that competition is going to be getting stiffer!

You are absolutely welcome! I know you were waffling earlier because it's early access still, but believe me when I say that it has more content in its early access state than many whole games have on release. The next patch (coming Any Day Now / Soon (TM)) will be introducing the beginning of the financial side of the equation. The previous major patch introduced the career mode, where you get to research more and better parts over time.

KSP is a great educational tool, too - after about an hour of it, you'll have a better handle on orbital mechanics and general spaceflight than anyone short of a NASA engineer. :D

Hope everyone likes it, and feel free to drop by the KSP thread if you've got any questions!

I've only played the first 2 episodes, but yes. The Wolf Among Us is worth the asking price. It's fun to be controlling a detective, and the combat QTE are surprisingly fun. Has just the right amount of Jurassic Park in it which I'm missing in TWD season 2 and gives me high hopes for Tales From The Borderlands.

camo_sig2.png
    Next question. If I pick up Poker Night 2 and win Borderlands 2 items can I trade them to people who have and play BL2 on PC?

camo_sig2.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Idx86 wrote: »

It's probably an unfair comparison given how awesome TWD is, but I've heard that it is not as spectacular as their previous works. A recent Game Informer podcast I listened to seemed to indicate that every other episode is good, and and that the overall experience is weighed down by the lack of character development/emotional attachment which isn't nearly as well done as TWD.

I'm personally waiting until it's $5.00 or less, but that's also because I have a lot to play.
    I've enjoyed Wolf Among Us quite a bit. It remains to be seen if they can stick the landing I suppose. Walking Dead is probably more universally appealing. Wolf Among Us has a different vibe. It's like Chinatown with storybook characters in 80's New York City. I'm also coming at it familiar with the books, so hard to say how much that impacts enjoyment. Similar to Walking Dead it's not going to be a super long game. But a well crafted story experience.

akajaybay on
  • TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Looks like @Talus9952 wanted to help my area with the ongoing drought. He sent over Risk of Rain, which I appreciate a lot and will enjoy regardless of the weather!

steam_sig.png
  • KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    45 minutes until new Dailies/Flash/Community!

To celebrate I still have a copy of Breath of Death VII, and a copy of Cthulu Saves The World, to give away! Just friend me up and ask super nice! Or flatter me, either way is fine ;)

Kami on
  • xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Looking for a few trades to fill out the Summer badge, I've got an extra 1,3,5,9 and I'm looking for 2,6,7,10. Now just my spare 2 for a 7. Profile in sig, add me if you're up for a trade. Thanks!

xiears on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.