As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    It's not Valve fudging the numbers so much as whatever formula they have running for the event will give a massive weight increase to teams that haven't won yet.

Which makes me wonder what the whole point of the competition is when they could just randomly give away X games and day and achieve the same effect.

Valve has a chip on their shoulder about the tragedy of the commons.
    I'm going to go ahead and call the type of person willing to spend $30 on a token (or $50 on point-steal items, or hundreds on sale badges, etc) just so that they can "win" a sociopath. American Psycho grade ala Patrick Bateman grade cray cray. Valve hates these people and will go to moderately extravagant lengths to spite them.

Remember this?;

ceabm95spgoi.jpg

I have that. What does it mean I did or did not do?

It means you didn't cheat back when they introduced hats and achievements. I have it too. I don't get the correlation though. Are you calling me a sociopath?

Nono.
    Not even calling the hat-idlers sociopaths...
    But out there somewhere is some guy or gal that burned $50 on a Purple Team token on day 1 for the sole purpose of being on the winning team. That person is our Patrick Bateman. Probably not the Patrick Bateman though - that guy is cool.

Just saying that, in general, Valve seems to dislike people taking their mini-games too seriously.

I'm not sure this is the best thread to be judging people on how much they spend in frivolous items. Also, I'm not sure I'd call that halo an "extravagant length."

Also, to clarify, the halol was giving out to players who didn't use external programs to idle for hats. Valve doesn't give a rip if you actually load up the game and idle for them, since it gives them nice, shiny "x hours played" numbers.

Undead Scottsman on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    2a6tifc.png

@an_alt‌ appears to have hit a fit of class and typed some unintelligible garbled code to me while kindly gifting Guacamelee. Thank you!

my hit list is growing.

steam_sig.png
  • xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Yes! Mystery won the vote! And it's the first flash/community vote I don't have to nervously eye up due to lack of funds, I get paid smack in the middle of it! Everything is coming up xiears!

steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Next question. If I pick up Poker Night 2 and win Borderlands 2 items can I trade them to people who have and play BL2 on PC?
    @jclast I do not believe so. They aren't inventory items, iirc. I forget how it works, but the items just unlocked in BL2 after completing the task in PN2.

edit: apparently its tied to your Gearbox Shift account

edit2: also, I love the Zer0 poker night unlocks
    ?.jpg
    ?.jpg

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    How is the progress of Kentucky Route Zero these days? I find that game interesting but would really rather wait for it to be done with first. What is at now 3 parts out of 5?

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    xiears wrote: »
    Looking for a few trades to fill out the Summer badge, I've got an extra 1,3,5,9 and I'm looking for 2,6,7,10. Profile in sig, add me if you're up for a trade. Thanks!
    A little Steam trading trick some of you may not be aware of:

-Go to your Steam Inventory
    -Click on the "Trade Offers" button
    -Then click on the "Who can send me Trade Offers?" link
    -Below you will find a "Trade URL"

You can share this URL with other Steam users to allow them to directly send you a trade offer even if they aren't on your friends list.
    You can share this URL anywhere, including your forum sig.
    If you have shared or posted your URL and would like to stop receiving trade offers from it use the "Create New URL" button. A new Trade URL will be created turning the previous one inoperative.

HiT BiT on
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    PA Dallas wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So I'm addicted to Symphony. Getting to blast spaceships to the sounds of Van Halen is never a bad thing. :D

Mötley Crüe is fun also. Dr. Feelgood is brutal and I'm only on the 3rd difficulty setting.

I'm going to run Dragonforce's "Through the Fire and the Flames" through Symphony later today, I think.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I did something weird and started playing a game I bought during this Steam sale: UnEpic. I'm enjoying it despite the story, which is a bit too hokey for me. The writing is full of hamfisted references to other video games/movies/etc. and the fact that it has voice acting makes things even worse.

That being said, the actual gameplay seems pretty fun and surprisingly difficult even on the medium setting. I imagine getting a lot of fun out of this one. I might have to turn off the voice acting, though.

• BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    akajaybay wrote: »
    How is the progress of Kentucky Route Zero these days? I find that game interesting but would really rather wait for it to be done with first. What is at now 3 parts out of 5?

This is correct. Part 3 of 5 came out in May after a much longer-than-expected wait. They've said parts 4 and 5 won't take nearly as long, but there hasn't been any kind of timeline given (that I'm aware of, at least).

Still, Parts 1 and 2 were amazing all on their own. (I haven't played 3 yet; I've been saving it.)

Berylline on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Yes! Mystery won the vote! And it's the first flash/community vote I don't have to nervously eye up due to lack of funds, I get paid smack in the middle of it! Everything is coming up xiears!

pay day is the last day of the sale ;-;

steam_sig.png
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Thanks to both @anoffday and @an_alt for for Battleblock Theater.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Ah I went for it. I do like some of the Fables arcs a bunch, and the basic concept of detectivery appeals to me more than the zombie apocalypse.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    this is the cheapest Kerbal will ever be won't it

I should just do it

it just feels weird spending $16 on a single game, I have been conditioned

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Anyone have thoughts on Starforge?

The price seems good and it sounds interesting, but the reviews seem very negative and there has been a flood of those 'open world building / resource gathering shooter' games lately.

Otherwise...it seems like I've gotten pretty much everything I want this sale that's going to be in my price range. Somehow my wishlist is bigger now than when the sale started, but even then I probably will be wrapped up in Kerbal through fall and won't get to any other new games until at least winter...might as well hold out until Winter Sale for anything else.

I enjoy these type of things, but I want to be able to build a nation with allies recruited from remote villages and locations, annexing as my nation grows larger and my food supplies more diverse.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular

Better than the day after the last day of the sale though.

HiT BiT wrote: »
    I just realiced every unlockable character head in Battleblock Theater can be traded. And there are hundreds of them!
    Look @Berylline, rabbits!
    62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f
    Also Isy:
    62fx62f

So you're saying Battleblock will be this year's Scribblenauts for your workshop voodoo black magic art skills?

Wait, are you saying people can make their own assets for those two games?

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    before the steam sale started i was all "haha steam! i already own everything i'm remotely interested! I win this round!"and after looking i've somehow spent almost 150$ so far. I guess you do in fact win this round steam.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    this is the cheapest Kerbal will ever be won't it

I should just do it

it just feels weird spending $16 on a single game, I have been conditioned

Well, quite possibly yes, at least for the time being.

Kerbal is still increasing in price as more features are added (though it's been at its current price for a while now.) I got it long ago when it lacked a lot of features that made it the awesome that it is today and it's still worth that price if you're the kind that likes to build things.

The new science objectives add an awesome layer and they're only going to add on top of this already awesome game.

Do it.

Do it for Science!!!
    ...in Spaaaaaaaaace!

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    SteevL wrote: »
    I did something weird and started playing a game I bought during this Steam sale: UnEpic. I'm enjoying it despite the story, which is a bit too hokey for me. The writing is full of hamfisted references to other video games/movies/etc. and the fact that it has voice acting makes things even worse.

That being said, the actual gameplay seems pretty fun and surprisingly difficult even on the medium setting. I imagine getting a lot of fun out of this one. I might have to turn off the voice acting, though.

A bit of warning about the game. Don't overspecialize your character in one area over another. There are bosses where if your character is all melee, for example, you're pretty much screwed.

cckerberos on
    cckerberos.png
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    before the steam sale started i was all "haha steam! i already own everything i'm remotely interested! I win this round!"and after looking i've somehow spent almost 150$ so far. I guess you do in fact win this round steam.

Don't feel bad. I said the same thing, and I'm down $100. The only reason I haven't spent more is that I need to call my bank and have them reactivate my card so I can put more money in my Steam wallet. It's like my bank is staging an intervention or something...

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »

Better than the day after the last day of the sale though.

That might be my predicament.

Thanks for reminding me.

You monster.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Jragghen wrote: »
    http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/170479-ubisoft-massive-sweden-leak-on-division-downgrade/

Looks like Ubisoft is intentionally downgrading the graphics on ALL their PC games to make consoles look better, not just watch_dogs.

That seems fairly counter-intuitive. :neutral_face:

Yes! finally AoW3 on the daily, i've been waiting for that ever since the community was terrible and voted for terrible games over it on saturday!

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    How educational is Kerbal Space Program, really? Like, if I was terrible at math and never took physics, would the game still appeal to me?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Today looks really good.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    How educational is Kerbal Space Program, really? Like, if I was terrible at math and never took physics, would the game still appeal to me?
    There are two ways to play Kerbal, there is the "I will use math and physics and chart everything out and do everything super boring and clinical!" and then there is the "Ok, this made it into orbit, now lets see if i can strap 20 times as many rockets to it and still get it to orbit without it exploding!" way, aka the right way.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Hey Space Hulk, if the base is on sale the DLC should be, too!

camo_sig2.png
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Summer Sale? More like Summer Stale!

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
    And now, everybody vote for Broken Age so I can buy it.

camo_sig2.png
    There are two ways to play Kerbal, there is the "I will use math and physics and chart everything out and do everything super boring and clinical!" and then there is the "Ok, this made it into orbit, now lets see if i can strap 20 times as many rockets to it and still get it to orbit without it exploding!" way, aka the right way.

You can pretty much play it by ear, though you will still need to learn a few things (more about logical thinking about orbital mechanics) because some of that stuff is counter intuitive at first glance. Still, you can use a minimal amount of numbers.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • KamiKami Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not sure which Community Choice to vote, so you all decide for me!

Also, Splinter Cell: Blacklist looks miiiggghhhtttyyyyy tempting. It has Spies vs. Mercs multiplayer, right?

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    I just realiced every unlockable character head in Battleblock Theater can be traded. And there are hundreds of them!
    Look @Berylline, rabbits!
    62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f
    Also Isy:
    62fx62f

So you're saying Battleblock will be this year's Scribblenauts for your workshop voodoo black magic art skills?

Wait, are you saying people can make their own assets for those two games?

Have you seen my avatar?

• HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Sugar, spice and everything nice (also a little dash of Chemical X): That's what @iolo is made of!

Thanks for Powerpuff Girls: Defenders of Townsville! Looks great, and takes me back to those early Cartoon Network days.

steam_sig.png
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Valve changed the rules because they were tired of teams giving up when one team pulled ahead (and they want more money).

Now 2nd place has 20 people get 2 games, and 3rd place has 10 people getting 1 game.

Brutal J on
    Next question. If I pick up Poker Night 2 and win Borderlands 2 items can I trade them to people who have and play BL2 on PC?
    @jclast I do not believe so. They aren't inventory items, iirc. I forget how it works, but the items just unlocked in BL2 after completing the task in PN2.

edit: apparently its tied to your Gearbox Shift account

edit2: also, I love the Zer0 poker night unlocks
    ?.jpg
    ?.jpg

Ooooh if they get tied to Shift then maybe I can use them on 360!

camo_sig2.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I bought blacklist when it was the daily a week ago, and it is pretty rad. The maps are pretty linear 'get through this room without being spotted,' but they give you a ton of tools and tricks to mess around with.
    And yeah, if memory serves it has 23 base missions (4 of which you can only complete coop, 13 total that can be done coop) and vs multi, as well as daily and weekly challenges.

No idea how dead the multi is though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Geth roll 1d6

1d6 3 [1d6=3]

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Kami wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not sure which Community Choice to vote, so you all decide for me!

Also, Splinter Cell: Blacklist looks miiiggghhhtttyyyyy tempting. It has Spies vs. Mercs multiplayer, right?

On one hand, screw Ubisoft.

On the other, sexy, sexy Blacklist.

Damn it :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I missed out on $2.50 in savings by buying Blackwell bundle yesterday. Serves me right for not following the flowchart.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Yeah I basically expected this to come up on daily after swearing off the rest of the sale. You're a cold one mr gabe

This discussion has been closed.