As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• KamiKami Registered User regular
    Picked up The Blackwell Legacy bundle, because it's two freakin' dollars holy crap

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Whoo, Blacklist is cheaper than it was a week ago! Good thing I avoided buying it at $10.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    New Vegas DLCs with an higher discount than the Ultimate Edition. Grabbing them separately is worth it for those who already own the base game.
    Hey Bethesda, will we ever see that with Skyrim?

HiT BiT on
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    How educational is Kerbal Space Program, really? Like, if I was terrible at math and never took physics, would the game still appeal to me?

If you play it for long, you'll acquire a genuine understanding of a lot of very counter-intuitive stuff about orbits and interplanetary transfers (like why you fire your engine backwards to move forward in an orbit, or why there are limited windows to send ships from Earth to Mars that have nothing to do with how close the planets are to each other). The math is pretty much hidden unless you go looking for it, though, so you probably wont either be challenged by it or be forced to learn any advanced stuff.

So I guess I'd say it's extremely educational, but only for a very narrow pool of knowledge that pretty much only KSP players and actual astrophysicists ever really learn.

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Bremen wrote: »
    How educational is Kerbal Space Program, really? Like, if I was terrible at math and never took physics, would the game still appeal to me?

If you play it for long, you'll acquire a genuine understanding of a lot of very counter-intuitive stuff about orbits and interplanetary transfers (like why you fire your engine backwards to move forward in an orbit, or why there are limited windows to send ships from Earth to Mars that have nothing to do with how close the planets are to each other). The math is pretty much hidden unless you go looking for it, though, so you probably wont either be challenged by it or be forced to learn any advanced stuff.

So I guess I'd say it's extremely educational, but only for a very narrow pool of knowledge that pretty much only KSP players and actual astrophysicists ever really learn.

This is pertinent. :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    @pixelated pixie @corriganx @Corpekata‌

You 3 have the most hours in Blackguards of the people on my friends list. Two questions:

Is it good?

Would it play fine on my surface pro 2 with just the tablet + stylus?

I'm worried about reviews like this: http://www.darkstation.com/reviews/blackguards/

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    I just realiced every unlockable character head in Battleblock Theater can be traded. And there are hundreds of them!
    Look @Berylline, rabbits!
    62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f62fx62f
    Also Isy:
    62fx62f

So you're saying Battleblock will be this year's Scribblenauts for your workshop voodoo black magic art skills?

Wait, are you saying people can make their own assets for those two games?

Have you seen my avatar?

Answer: Yes.

Statement: I have never investigated Scribblenauts.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Any of this Splinter Cell Blacklist DLC worth getting? It's basically the age old "regular or deluxe edition for a few bucks more that I could use to buy other games?" conundrum.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Finally snagged Fallout 3: GOTY for $5.00. Added Syberia just for good measure. Middle finger to Ubisoft for their non-optimized PC crap, otherwise Blacklist would have joined the backlog as well.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I would give an adventure gaming thumbs up to the Blackwell series. I haven't finished them beyond the third yet, but it's good stuff.
    There's definite improvement as the series progresses too.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    There are two ways to play Kerbal, there is the "I will use math and physics and chart everything out and do everything super boring and clinical!" and then there is the "Ok, this made it into orbit, now lets see if i can strap 20 times as many rockets to it and still get it to orbit without it exploding!" way, aka the right way.

@cooljammer00‌

Yeah - like, you can get by pretty easily by strapping more and larger rockets to things, resulting in either smashing success or just smashing.

And sometimes, you want to do things like check delta-V charts, plan aerobraking maneuvers, get maximally efficient flight profiles, etc., just so you can do more with less.

No wrong way to play, really, and I go back-and-forth within a single career "game" depending on how I feel (e.g., I ran a high-efficiency Mun landing mission, but damaged my engine on the landing and couldn't return, so I built a FIRE-ALL-THE-ROCKETS! rescue vehicle with extra refueling missions to bring my Kerbonaut back).

You will need to learn basic orbital mechanics, though, but since that's sort of the point of the game ...

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    1) Ohboy $3 Brothers!

2) Hey, @Kalnaur and @jclast‌, who is Climby on Steam?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Looks like all the currently-released Call of Duty games are on sale at 50% off right now, not just Ghosts.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    According to Joystiq, Shovel Knight will be $15. I am very OK with this news.

SteevL wrote: »
    Looks like all the currently-released Call of Duty games are on sale at 50% off right now, not just Ghosts.

Too bad most still have a laughable base price.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Why do I always hear good things about games after the deep sale is over?

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Is Black List worth it? I heard you direct a group of other spies now. Ala, Assassin Creed Brotherhood. Can I send them on missions? Can I upgrade our base/airplane? Just curious if it is that fleshed out. I mean, Sam being a one man army is always fun but if I wanted that I could just replay Conviction.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Space Hulks price got corrected.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So, is warhammer worth the 5 bucks?

EDIT: got it for 2.50

SenorTacos on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Man, the discount on Space Hulk changed from 80% off the base game to 15% off the base game in the amount of time it took me to check my bank account.

that'll show me

EDIT: And now it's 90%. What is even happening.

BloodySloth on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Oh look at this
    mz94dxqhjxm1.jpg

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Space Hulk for $2.50? Hmm might have to jump on that.

steam_sig.png
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Wow 15%? I got it for half off in a random sale. WTH, Gaben?

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Space Hulk is 90% off for me. I just bought it for $2.50.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

Too bad most still have a laughable base price.

I've always kind of wanted to check out World at War as the last gasp of the old-school WW2 CoDs (and it has Pacific front stuff, which most WW2 games don't). But it's still $10 ($20 regular price), six years after release. Up yours, Activision.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    1) Ohboy $3 Brothers!

I saw we had friends in common so I said yes. Now I've gone back and unfriended.

camo_sig2.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Oh look at this
    mz94dxqhjxm1.jpg

In a dark room in Bellevue, WA, a psychologist and an economist look across the table at each other, steeple their fingers—and smile.

s7Imn5J.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Hey Steam, as long as you're correcting Space Hulk prices, discount the DLC as well!

camo_sig2.png
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

You 3 have the most hours in Blackguards of the people on my friends list. Two questions:

Is it good?

I'm worried about reviews like this: http://www.darkstation.com/reviews/blackguards/

I have 36 hours into Blackguards if you have any specific questions.

Are you the magic man?
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah the originals are still $20 games. (Although I loved the original games they are way too old for that shit)

Bless your heart.
    OK people, I need 6, 7 and 10. Have 3, 3 and 8.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So if you buy a game that you put in your inventory to gift, can you not send that via the app?

Also, is there a way to see scores for the meta via the app?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Still Life 2 free at GOG.com for the next 2 hours!
    Just log into your account and click on the Still Life icon on the main page.
    Be careful to go through the image/link on the frontpage. It's the only way to get it for free. If you use the search option it will show at its normal price.

d4syuin86ako.jpg

HiT BiT on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @Big Classy‌ Kicked down my door and forced gifts down my throat. Thanks!

(Sidenote: He's saying he won't accept gifts after the end of the sale, so go get them in now while you have a chance!)

steam_sig.png
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    @Sumanai hit me up with a copy of The Blackwell Deception.

Git.

(No, really, thanks, man, I do love me some pointy-clicky).

Vengeance shall be mine, &c &c . Beware, wife's family is in town so I may be more cranky than usual...

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »

Is it good?

I have 36 hours into Blackguards if you have any specific questions.

Yes, is it a frustratingly hard waste of time as some reviews paint it? It's pretty pricey but I'm a sucker for games that are modeled after PnP games as I used to be a hard core DnD player. I'm looking for game play impressions. I tend to not finish strategy RPG's, the most time I've put into one went to FF Tactics Advance and the 1st Disgaea.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    New Vegas DLCs with an higher discount than the Ultimate Edition. Grabbing them separately is worth it for those who already own the base game.
    Hey Bethesda, will we ever see that with Skyrim?

Thanks for the heads up!
    Iolo wrote: »
    1) Ohboy $3 Brothers!

It said they were a friend of someone that just came on here. I'm much more open about who I have as friends, so I figured why not. They are currently sitting on the list of "people I cut if I need room".

• MicroMicro Registered User regular
    Am I right in thinking that @Florin is BloodyRo on steam? If so, congratulations for winning Duck Tales. I have sent a friend request. Please add me and I will send the gift asap. I'm sorry it was not sooner - Steam Gifts has been pretty consistently broken for me for the last two days!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Oh look at this
    mz94dxqhjxm1.jpg

Of course Valve does this before all the trams score a win, so blue is STIL probably going to be behind in the end.

Oh look at this
    mz94dxqhjxm1.jpg

Of course Valve does this before all the trams score a win, so blue is STIL probably going to be behind in the end.

According to the board, each color has one win.

This discussion has been closed.