As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Oh look at this
    mz94dxqhjxm1.jpg

Of course Valve does this before all the trams score a win, so blue is STIL probably going to be behind in the end.

? Every team has won one day so far.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    @Invisible‌ sent me a friend request. Upon accepting, I realized it's a trap!

U8Qx9nR.jpg

Thank you so much for Saint's Row 4! I have heard great things and look forward to playing it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    0z1zvmrdluad.jpg

@Invisible‌, thanks for Brothers! Marvellous!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @Elin - Blackguards is very hard, in my opinion. It's good and neat and has a great setting and so on but I definitely consider it frustrating at times and a potential candidate for ragequitting. Of course, that may be better now - I haven't played it in quite some time (because oh-look-shiny and backlog!) so maybe one patch or another spiffied up the balance.

As for your tablet & stylus.... I don't know performance-wise how it would do or how tablets do at running games, but I don't see any reason the stylus would be an issue. I feel like that would be a sufficiently good input device for the game...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    New Vegas DLCs with an higher discount than the Ultimate Edition. Grabbing them separately is worth it for those who already own the base game.
    Hey Bethesda, will we ever see that with Skyrim?

In their defense (?) New Vegas Ultimate used to be $5 in these sales but the past 2 or 3 saw the price increased. Price wackiness ahoy!

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

(Sidenote: He's saying he won't accept gifts after the end of the sale, so go get them in now while you have a chance!)

I never said that!

• Options
    BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    Hmm... Saints Row 4. I'm tempted, really enjoyed 3, but I'm always a sucker for useless DLC. Should I wait for a full package type of thing?

Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Last Son wrote: »
    Oh look at this
    mz94dxqhjxm1.jpg

Of course Valve does this before all the trams score a win, so blue is STIL probably going to be behind in the end.

? Every team has won one day so far.
    Right, I forgot blue team just won.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Steam is so awesome. It lets awesome people like @akajaybay‌ send awesome games like Space Hulk to people like me.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I really wish I could leverage digital media for real world food and bill paying.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks a $400 console is ever going to compete with a $1000 custom rig in power is delusional.

It's depressing that they're willing to gut their own product that way though. If people prefer to buy the PC version, how does that hurt them (as long as PC supports console specs on the low end I mean)? I'm curious the reasoning behind that.

I wonder if we will see something contractual with the console makers about this. If you put a game on our system, it cannot have technical feature x,y,z on other platforms unless our system can also provide those features. That could be it completely, because next gen isn't looking to be that big of an upgrade, and MS/Sony were not in a rush to put in new hardware.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    God almighty, what if you gifted someone a game but spoiled the ending in the gift message?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    God almighty, what if you gifted someone a game but spoiled the ending in the gift message?
    PM spam them telling them to ignore the content of the gift message?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Wait... has Analogue/Hate been on sale already?

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Couldn't resist Space Hulk at that price.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    A man gifts a slave accepts?

• Options
    BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    Anyone who thinks a $400 console is ever going to compete with a $1000 custom rig in power is delusional.

It's depressing that they're willing to gut their own product that way though. If people prefer to buy the PC version, how does that hurt them (as long as PC supports console specs on the low end I mean)? I'm curious the reasoning behind that.

I wonder if we will see something contractual with the console makers about this. If you put a game on our system, it cannot have technical feature x,y,z on other platforms unless our system can also provide those features. That could be it completely, because next gen isn't looking to be that big of an upgrade, and MS/Sony were not in a rush to put in new hardware.

Seems like something they would both have to be doing, if either one was. I wouldn't have thought that was as unlikely before Microsoft had their ill-fated strike out on their own.

Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Elin wrote: »
    Frei wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »
    @pixelated pixie @corriganx @Corpekata‌

You 3 have the most hours in Blackguards of the people on my friends list. Two questions:

Is it good?

Would it play fine on my surface pro 2 with just the tablet + stylus?

I'm worried about reviews like this: http://www.darkstation.com/reviews/blackguards/

I have 36 hours into Blackguards if you have any specific questions.

Yes, is it a frustratingly hard waste of time as some reviews paint it? It's pretty pricey but I'm a sucker for games that are modeled after PnP games as I used to be a hard core DnD player. I'm looking for game play impressions. I tend to not finish strategy RPG's, the most time I've put into one went to FF Tactics Advance and the 1st Disgaea.

I've played through every battle, optional or otherwise - there are a few fights/segments in the game that can be VERY difficult. I never felt like advancement was impossible or anything, though, or like I had wasted my time. Some of the difficulty that was complained about was due to some sequences of battles where you didn't heal between and had to fight many in a row, and couldn't save between them. They patched this to let you save and also either heal you or give you a chance to heal yourself. The character customization and leveling system is fairly in depth, and once you have a really good grasp of it you will be able to get by and win fights you previously had trouble with. There are a lot of spells and skills and a lot of equipment, but it's all intuitive because everything has descriptive tooltips and there's tutorial prompts if you need them. The most important thing starting out is making sure you don't make your main character too much of a weakling, but if you have experience in PnP games you already have a big advantage.

The story is interesting and a bit different than typical RPG stories, the characters are fun (one of your party members is a drug addicted elf), and there are a fair amount of sidequests so you never feel railroaded... you can always go fight another battle or do a different quest if you feel another one is too hard.

Battle system is excellent, graphics and animation are actually really good, especially for a turn based strategy game without a large budget.

If you do decide to get it, feel free to add me on Steam and ask any questions you have as you go.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

That would make you a monster

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    @Elin - Blackguards is very hard, in my opinion. It's good and neat and has a great setting and so on but I definitely consider it frustrating at times and a potential candidate for ragequitting. Of course, that may be better now - I haven't played it in quite some time (because oh-look-shiny and backlog!) so maybe one patch or another spiffied up the balance.

As for your tablet & stylus.... I don't know performance-wise how it would do or how tablets do at running games, but I don't see any reason the stylus would be an issue. I feel like that would be a sufficiently good input device for the game...

Not sure which game is being played, but I like playing games such as Crayon Physics and Draw a Stickman EPIC with my Wacom tablet and pen and it works wonderfully, for what that's worth.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

(Sidenote: He's saying he won't accept gifts after the end of the sale, so go get them in now while you have a chance!)

I never said that!

You said that the only stuff you'd get on steam is stuff you buy for yourself!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Why is none of the Space Hulk DLC on sale.

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Wait... has Analogue/Hate been on sale already?

Nope.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Seems like something they would both have to be doing, if either one was. I wouldn't have thought that was as unlikely before Microsoft had their ill-fated strike out on their own.

It's doubtful the contract could be like that.

What it would be like is more along the lines of: "We'll wave away these fees if your game is at least just as impressive in our system as in the others." Something of a "performance" bonus, if you like.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

By the time they get around to playing the game the gift message will be long forgotten.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Space Hulk 2 pack for 4 bucks?! Get!

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

I never said that!

No buying of gifts. That was the deal. But I like your suggestion too :smiley:

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Just got Space Hulk...I was going to sit out the day, but...$2.50.

Almost wonder if I should have waited for them to correct? the price on the DLC, but $2.50. I'm not going to pass up 90% off on something on my wishlist

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, now that each team has a win the clearly rigged results look fair again.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    @Talus just generously sent me a copy of Sonic Kart & All-Stars Racing Transformed! This is a gift valued at over $300, as it relieves me of the need to pick up a Wii U and Mario Kart 8 in order to cure my Kart Racing Fever. (KRF) I continue to be overwhelmed by generosity and classiness, thanks Talus!

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

Collusion on this type stuff only benefits them while shunning out pc though as long as they set the limit correctly. They put out systems with little incremental upgrades, with a giant focus on media and sharing. And if they know they can do dx10 features but not dx11, it's a simple rider that benefits both if they set the bar high enough to cover both consoles. Even if MS is weaker on the hardware side, it still benefits from picking up a non zero amount of those pc sales.

I mean, the real arguement against this, is noone gives a shit about pc or pc sales anyways. But maybe steam sales have a big enough hit on larger games they arent willing to discount as hard?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    @Big Classy is relentless. Thank you for Descent 3. Such a great series. <3

e3of9qS.png

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    OK, folks, just how long is Shadow Warrior? And is it consistent in quality, or are the best parts more near the beginning?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Not sure which game is being played, but I like playing games such as Crayon Physics and Draw a Stickman EPIC with my Wacom tablet and pen and it works wonderfully, for what that's worth.

I have a Surface Pro 2 which is a full Windows 8 install. It's surprisingly powerful in some areas but it's also limited. Point and clicks work pretty well, hidden objects are great, Civ 5 is too much game. Per Gabe he ran Wolf Among Us and it was smooth.

Basically, I'm WAY more likely to play a game if it's portable and laptops powerful enough to run AAA games aren't what I consider portable. So I've been trying to concentrate on games I can play on the Surface.

I'll probably hold off on Blackguards for now, but it sounds like something that my husband would love even if I decided it was too frustrating for me. He's already got a backlog past the end of his summer break so I'll probably revisit the issue when it goes on sale over winter.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

I never said that!

No buying of gifts. That was the deal. But I like your suggestion too :smiley:

Calling it now:
    LIES!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Is blacklist spies vs. mercs still active? It'd be cool to relive some of the fun days of pandora tomorrow/chaos theory. Sadly most gamers today probably wouldn't have much patience for it.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    New Vegas DLCs with an higher discount than the Ultimate Edition. Grabbing them separately is worth it for those who already own the base game.
    Hey Bethesda, will we ever see that with Skyrim?

The Ultimate Edition still saves you money over buying the base game + each individual DLC though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Hmmm, now that each team has a win the clearly rigged results look fair again.

looks more like 3 teams are rigged now to me... more of a horse race;)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    You people are monsters!

GyRU1pp.png

I can't even make breakfast without people sending me games!

@Sumanai started the fresh barrage with the Blackwell Bundle, and was unapologetic about hitting a man while he was making breakfast!

@Big Classy‌ sent me a FIFTH game, Splinter Cell Blacklist.

@Zebukiel sent me TEN games, Roogoo, Flight of the Icarus, Fowl Space, Puzzler World, Swarm Arena, One Way Heroics, Real Horror Stories, Cans, They Breathe, and Mashed!

@mts sent me Metro Last Light and I am drowning in gifts!

I don't think I missed anyone, but if I did I apologize! Thank you for giving me an amazing birthday.

<3

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @Spoit‌ don't worry about @Big Classy‌ I have a feeling he'll get what's coming to him.

This discussion has been closed.