As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    OK, folks, just how long is Shadow Warrior? And is it consistent in quality, or are the best parts more near the beginning?

It's pretty hilarious in the beginning but it does definitely stretch on beyond the point when you feel like you should be done with it. It's also not the most optimized game, it took some fiddling to get it to run properly on a machine that can run newer AAA games on high.

It's worth what it's on sale for, I bought it for $30 and don't feel like I payed too much.

Edit, looks like it took my husband 20 hours to beat.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

(Sidenote: He's saying he won't accept gifts after the end of the sale, so go get them in now while you have a chance!)

I never said that!

You said that the only stuff you'd get on steam is stuff you buy for yourself!

No buying of gifts. That was the deal. But I like your suggestion too :smiley:

Calling it now:
    LIES!

It would certainly be the end of an era. (An era that started back in 2010.)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Anyone know if Nidhogg is playable online? I don't mean if it has online as a feature, I mean if a game like that is playable. Feels like the type of game that any amount of latency would completely ruin.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Again I literally clicked submit mere seconds before @Isorn sent me a humble bundle that includes Cubetractor, Sang-Froid: Tales of Warewolves, and Stronghold Crusader HD.

<3 Isorn you're a beast.

I wonder if a bank would give me a loan for revenge gifting purposes...

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/razer-mouse-offer-124249

Best Buy is giving away a 50 dollar Steam Card if you buy a Razer Deathadder for 70 bucks. Awesome deal if you were in the market for that mouse in the first place.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Wow. Space Hulk gets an awesome discount, but the DLC gets no discounts at all. Dick move, devs.

Okay, not completely serious there. But Space Hulk DLC was top 3 of the things I'd planned to get this sale (LEGO Marvel DLC being top priority and Ikaruga being third). I would have been happy enough with even half off, but nothing? That's really, really surprising.

I know buying the complete pack wouldn't be much more, but that's way beside the point. And I'd still paying for the skins, which is even more money than I'd like to spend.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    A small reminder: grabbing Shadow Warrior gives you access to this little extra too: Clean up your own mess! :D

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Lets talk Myst.

realMyst is $1.80, Myst Masterpiece is $1.80, however realMyst Masterpiece is $9, which is the same price as the Cyan Complete Pack which as Myst Masterpiece, realMyst, Riven, Myst 5, Uru and a couple other games.

What is the difference between Myst Masterpiece, realMyst and realMyst Masterpiece, and why is it so much more expensive?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    Yea, I was really waiting for Space Hulk DLC sale, very disappointed it is not on sale. Almost tempted to get the complete edition at $13.50, since it is effectively a DLC sale, but that just feels wrong. However, at $2.50 for the main game, it is time to drop some terminators on random friends list folks!

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Best Buy is giving away a 50 dollar Steam Card if you buy a Razer Deathadder for 70 bucks. Awesome deal if you were in the market for that mouse in the first place.

Not touching a Razr mouse after the last one I had didn't last a year (switches started acting up.) Went back to a trusty Logitech.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    that damn @cardboard delusions‌ got me with Kentucky Route 0 while I was at work. No fair!

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Anyone know if Nidhogg is playable online? I don't mean if it has online as a feature, I mean if a game like that is playable. Feels like the type of game that any amount of latency would completely ruin.
    I don't own it myself, but the most replied thread on the Steam forums is titled "REQUEST TO DEVS: Please give us FUNCTIONAL Netplay!!!" and there are other similar threads that claim that Netplay is really bad.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Shogun wrote: »
    that damn @cardboard delusions‌ got me with Kentucky Route 0 while I was at work. No fair!

I am also at work... working, plotting. You know, the usual. @Big Classy>:)

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »

Not touching a Razr mouse after the last one I had didn't last a year (switches started acting up.) Went back to a trusty Logitech.

Agreed. I've gone through three Razr mice in the past couple of years. Never again. Pure garbage products.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Thanks to @iolo for Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons! He is the bro'iest bro that ever bro'ed, and I salute his generosity.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Hulk Smash! Wait, why Hulk in Space?! Oh, wrong game!

bryHS0m.jpg

Thanks to @Idx86‌ for Space Hulk! I've heard good things, can't wait to play it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    rikdaly wrote: »
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    How do I make my generic PC joypad read as a 360 joypad? I tried to play Pinball FX and I can't get it to register

and that makes me really really sad

Going to cry a little bit more about this. I really want to play pinball.

@DasUberEdward - Catching up on thread so hopefully you already figured this out, but google is your friend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802979775368491/

I can't vouch for it but x360ce seems to be the popular answer on various forums

you could probably also use joy2key and map it as keyboard buttons

@EvilMonkey‌

The thread dissuade me from DS3 tool previously. Wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. x360ce seems to work but yikes I have to copy and paste the files into every game folder? That's wacky.

@DasUberEdward‌

Edit: Browser freaked out and posted. Editing for real content ...

Motioninjoy (DS3_Tool) is to be avoided like the plague, which I do know from experience. I swapped to using Xinput Wrapper with the official Xbox360 drivers a few months back and so far so good. This was to use my PS3 controller, not sure if it will work with a generic PC controller.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    I don't own it myself, but the most replied thread on the Steam forums is titled "REQUEST TO DEVS: Please give us FUNCTIONAL Netplay!!!" and there are other similar threads that claim that Netplay is really bad.

Hmm, that's a damn shame. Still, I might just pick up 1 copy instead of the 2 pack I was going to get and give to somebody to play with online.

edit: Then whenever I wanna play it with someone locally, I'll just log into my account and download it.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    A small reminder: grabbing Shadow Warrior gives you access to this little extra too: Clean up your own mess! :D

Is Shadow Warrior worth the 8 bucks though, or is it really short?
    Short to me is less than 10-15 hours.
    I might be insane.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Zl3QfqX.png

2:33 PM - Zen Vulgarity, Lawlord: Enjoy bomb
    2:33 PM - Zen Vulgarity, Lawlord: of gift
    2:34 PM - Zen Vulgarity, Lawlord: Happy birthday
    2:34 PM - Zen Vulgarity, Lawlord: Scum

@Zen Vulgarity Thank you!

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    The illustrious and delicious @Kristmas Kthulhu hath sent me one Metro: Last Light. Thanks a ton!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Risk of Rain?

4 assault drones, a flamethrower drone, a laser drone, a medic drone, 3 dice at 3, two critheal scythes, 2 instakill scopes, and a fuckton of other shit. I nearly crashed the game during the final boss fight. Contagion on every. single. hitbox (achievement: 25+ enemies at once!). All hitboxes on caustic floors. Massive drone fire at all times. The sounds were reduced to a buzz and thankfully that ended fast because it was kind of insane.

I also unlocked two characters and two more items that run. So crazy.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Thank you @Madican for Guacamelee! Gold Edition, and for the modding tip.
    I think I have more than enough games from this sale to keep me going to Christmas.

K3BPkM9.jpg

Also, for any fans of Thomas was Alone, the DLC that was available only on PS3/Vita is finally coming to PC this week and it's going to be free.
    It's as charming as the main game but quite short. About 20 - 30 minutes of gameplay if I recall.

DaxterMax on
    Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Woke up to a nice surprise as I found 3 pinball tables waiting for me from @Rikdaly showing that he is not only a master of pinball but also a master of class. Thank you very much for the tables, I'm going to hold off playing them until the charity stream so that I can try them blind for everyone to see.

bhif6Wo.jpg

• Options
    A missive from the frozen north!

ud9oSzd.jpg

Thanks, @Idx86‌! This looks to marry my love of tower defense and killing damned dirty werewolves! (Wait, do I play as the werewolves? Hrm. Better take a closer look...!)

Much appreciated! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Risk of Rain?

4 assault drones, a flamethrower drone, a laser drone, a medic drone, 3 dice at 3, two critheal scythes, 2 instakill scopes, and a fuckton of other shit. I nearly crashed the game during the final boss fight. Contagion on every. single. hitbox (achievement: 25+ enemies at once!). All hitboxes on caustic floors. Massive drone fire at all times. The sounds were reduced to a buzz and thankfully that ended fast because it was kind of insane.

I also unlocked two characters and two more items that run. So crazy.
    How are you doing this because I can only get to level 3 if I'm lucky. :(

• Options
    LadyDustBunnyLadyDustBunny Registered User regular
    I have never played Myst before. I've actually played none of the current Community Choice games. Looks like a lot of point and click games. Looks like something I could be into. Hmmmm...I may have to up my steam sale budget, haha.

steam_sig.png

Origin: DustBunny777
    3DS: 2836-0103-2102
    M1GZYUT.jpg
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    @iolo strikes back. He didn't believe the story about my dog.

theiolopirestrikesback_zpsd4154184.png

Note to self: Lie better next time

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Whoo, Blacklist is cheaper than it was a week ago! Good thing I avoided buying it at $10.

Dammit...

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Khildith wrote: »
    Zl3QfqX.png

2:33 PM - Zen Vulgarity, Lawlord: Enjoy bomb
    2:33 PM - Zen Vulgarity, Lawlord: of gift
    2:34 PM - Zen Vulgarity, Lawlord: Happy birthday
    2:34 PM - Zen Vulgarity, Lawlord: Scum

@Zen Vulgarity Thank you!

Zen Vulgarity, you only sent the first line of the poem!
    You think gifting ends.
    Space Hulk has other ideas
    For the Emperor.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options

I might be insane.

Shadow Warrior is about 20 hours, it would have probably been better if it were 10-15 hours. It's still worth the $8 if you like funny stuff and gratuitous violence.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

I might be insane.

Shadow Warrior is about 20 hours, it would have probably been better if it were 10-15 hours. It's still worth the $8 if you like funny stuff and gratuitous violence.

Sorry, I had missed your first post about it, damn thread moves so fast I've taken to skimming.

Good to know!

Now I just need to decide if I go for that, or for a few more bucks, grab the Lego Marvel and DC games. ;)

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    That damn @Gear Girl just hooked me up with Darksiders 2. :D Thank you!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Need a new mouse and want Steambucks?

Razer Deathadder Mouse with bonus $50 Steam Card offer

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular

I did not have great experiences with Nidhogg's netcode, no.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Guys.

Guys.

You know @Iolo? Yeah, him. That guy.

Wanna know a secret about him?

Well, he's a generous son of a bitch. But don't tell him I said that. Earlier I'm just minding my own business when he sneaks up on me and clubs me in the back of the head with Brothers.

Who does that?

@Iolo, that's who.

PS - I always knew he was my favorite Avatar companion for a reason.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Lets talk Myst.

realMyst is $1.80, Myst Masterpiece is $1.80, however realMyst Masterpiece is $9, which is the same price as the Cyan Complete Pack which as Myst Masterpiece, realMyst, Riven, Myst 5, Uru and a couple other games.

What is the difference between Myst Masterpiece, realMyst and realMyst Masterpiece, and why is it so much more expensive?

I just woke up, and tried to catch up on the thread. This broke me. Your post is inscrutable.

Also, finally got caught by Space Hulk. Decided to purchase at that discount, already own it.

When did that happen?

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    How do I make my generic PC joypad read as a 360 joypad? I tried to play Pinball FX and I can't get it to register

and that makes me really really sad

Going to cry a little bit more about this. I really want to play pinball.

@DasUberEdward - Catching up on thread so hopefully you already figured this out, but google is your friend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802979775368491/

I can't vouch for it but x360ce seems to be the popular answer on various forums

you could probably also use joy2key and map it as keyboard buttons

@EvilMonkey‌

The thread dissuade me from DS3 tool previously. Wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. x360ce seems to work but yikes I have to copy and paste the files into every game folder? That's wacky.

@DasUberEdward‌

Edit: Browser freaked out and posted. Editing for real content ...

Motioninjoy (DS3_Tool) is to be avoided like the plague, which I do know from experience. I swapped to using Xinput Wrapper with the official Xbox360 drivers a few months back and so far so good. This was to use my PS3 controller, not sure if it will work with a generic PC controller.

Yeah I used a PS3 controller previously. I miss it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Lets talk Myst.

Per the internet: graphics. Each one makes the graphics prettier and more modern. Per the reviews on Steam it doesn't make them any less glitchy on modern machines.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
This discussion has been closed.